R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 06:32 AM
Gmund
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My wife bought a oxy blue right off the lot in Annapolis ,Md. this past saturday. Gorgeous color. White top with front and rear aero kit. It was her response to my May 5th purchase of a loaded pepper white with black top S. I must say everyone who sees the car in the flesh loves it. Also while she was signing papers at the dealer, One of the other salesman popped his head in to ask the manager "what happed to that oxy blue that was out there this morning? My client just showed up to see it. Well, needless to say, my wife was all smiles. My name is scott and hers is kendyl so we were thinking on naming it Scandyl.. whatcha all think?

Old 07-03-2007, 06:57 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Gmund
we were thinking on naming it Scandyl.. whatcha all think?
Better your MINI than one of your kids!!! Congrats on the new OB....truly a brilliant color. I consider us very lucky OB made it into the MINI lineup...not many non-metallics do!

And an aero kit? Nice!!!

Old 07-03-2007, 09:32 AM
Brad_HouTX
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Uncle_John
There is something wonderful about blue and orange . . .
That's why I was so dissappointed that they don't allow the Redwood Lounge leather interior on the OB. The Redwood has a lot of orange in it and I think it would look great combined with the OB exterior.

Old 07-03-2007, 04:12 PM
mommashine
4th Gear
Originally Posted by gokartride
Don't worry ms, your...................(and I never thought I'd ever say this on NAM)..............your Oxygen Blue toes rock!!!!
well thank you... at least 'someone' appreciates my flair...

they do rock don't they?

Old 07-03-2007, 04:38 PM
shulin
1st Gear
The OB/W at my dealership is still for sale, they place it right up front because dull people would miss it otherwise. I still get a celebrity reception when I pull into the parking lot driving the only OB in Arlington!!
gokartride: BIG THANKS for the above info! I was all set to purchase a silver mini, but I saw this post, drove out to Mortiz to see OB in person, and fell in love (my dealership, MofD doesn't have any OBs on the lot). We put in our order for a OB with black top yesterday - now the long 6wk wait! *sigh* Oh well....I can't wait!!!

Old 07-03-2007, 04:56 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by shulin
We put in our order for a OB with black top yesterday
Hey, that's great....welcome to the party!!! I know...it is darn near impossible to see an Oxygen Blue MINI "in the wild."

However, if anyone out there gets desperate for a look...mine is usually parked at Estella's, sometimes several times a day!!!

Old 07-03-2007, 05:06 PM
Uncle_John
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...mine is usually parked at Estella's, sometimes several times a day!!!
That's AMAZING! I've seen an O2 blue at Estalla's. What are the chances?

Old 07-03-2007, 06:16 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Uncle_John
I've seen an O2 blue at Estalla's.
An O2B with a ML accomplice I see!!!

Old 07-04-2007, 07:07 AM
shulin
1st Gear
welcome to the party!!! I know...it is darn near impossible to see an Oxygen Blue MINI "in the wild."
Thanks!

"Impossible" is right - my MA said the handful of OBs they've actually had for sale on the lot sold within hours... they've never had one stay overnight

Old 07-04-2007, 01:05 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
they've never had one stay overnight
Really?!?! That's so cool!! I think it's great that Coopers continue to get unique colors now and again...it makes the Cooper model special and distinct (as are all other MINI variants as well).

MINIclo mentioned something to me once that I'd not considerd in realtion to Electric Blue that certainly holds true for Oxygen Blue...it does a great job hiding dirt!!! We've had tons of rain here (day after day) and my Indi Blue would have looked quite nasty by this time (to me anyway)...I can barely tell on my Oxygen Blue!! Don't worry...my OB MINI will still get plenty of TLC, just another reason to rave about OB on a practical level!!!

Old 07-04-2007, 01:21 PM
Sabre
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Really?!?! That's so cool!! I think it's great that Coopers continue to get unique colors now and again...it makes the Cooper model special and distinct (as are all other MINI variants as well)...

First off let me say that your Oxy-Blue MC looks great! I've been away from NAM for awhile and I never got a chance to congrat you on your new baby!

You are right in saying that it is nice that MINI decided to give owners of the MC colors that are unique unto them. Sometimes it seems that the MCS gets more attention.

Too bad for me though, as I'm looking to get an MCS and Oxy-Blue is strictly an MC colour.

Guess I will just wait and see what BMW/MINI offers up on its colour palette for '08.

Congrats again gokart, ahead lie many miles and smiles for you and your MC. Motor On!

Old 07-04-2007, 02:31 PM
Blue Skies 05
4th Gear
Thanks!

"Impossible" is right - my MA said the handful of OBs they've actually had for sale on the lot sold within hours... they've never had one stay overnight
I can attest to that My MA in Dallas said she had one that wasn't special ordered, and she sold it the first day it was in. AND, the buyer didn't even want to take it for a test drive.

Old 07-04-2007, 06:47 PM
bttrfly30
Neutral
Proud new OB MC owner

I just got my new 07 Oxygen Blue Mini on June 29. Its got the black roof with the chrome exterior and interior lines with black bonnet strips. Piano black interior. Premium, Cold weather, and Sport packages.

I am so excited about my new Mini. I may be the only one in my city with an 07 and OB. So exciting!! I LOVE it!! I have the sudden urge to travel everywhere!!!

Old 07-04-2007, 06:59 PM
Blue Skies 05
4th Gear
Welcome, bttrfly30! I feel your excitement. OB is so delicious, and I have only read about one that was spotted in Seattle last month.
How about posting some pics? I just love the color combos created with OB.

Old 07-04-2007, 07:43 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by bttrfly30
black roof with the chrome exterior and interior lines with black bonnet strips. Piano black interior. Premium, Cold weather, and Sport packages.
Very nice indeed!!!

I may be the only one in my city with an 07 and OB.
That could easily be...mine is the only one in my town, too!!

Old 07-04-2007, 08:10 PM
mommashine
4th Gear
I just got my new 07 Oxygen Blue Mini on June 29. Its got the black roof with the chrome exterior and interior lines with black bonnet strips. Piano black interior. Premium, Cold weather, and Sport packages.

I am so excited about my new Mini. I may be the only one in my city with an 07 and OB. So exciting!! I LOVE it!! I have the sudden urge to travel everywhere!!!
mine is o2b/b too!!!! good choice... i c we'll get along just fine... long as u don't make fun o my toes...

btw... i saw the most beautiful thing the other day... i got up early to go to work to get some clerks trained and when i walked outside, i saw my car for the first time in a new light... the sun was shining through the trees onto my car so it was all the shades that it turns throughout the day all at once... it was spellbinding...

Old 07-04-2007, 09:06 PM
mommashine
4th Gear
my parents are truck drivers and i got to see them for a few hours today... went to meet them in baton rouge and they had some surprises for me...

well.. actually... she was wearing the shirt and i bought her another one so she could give me that one... and i picked up the umbrella at walmart... but everything else was a gift...

Old 07-04-2007, 09:12 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mommashine
everything else was a gift...
Wow...mommashine, you really are the queen!!!

Old 07-05-2007, 08:09 AM
ikshar
3rd Gear
Thought i would jump in, my baby isn't here yet, but I can live through all of you in the meantime! Thanks for all the great pics! KEEP'EM COMING!

Old 07-05-2007, 10:17 AM
shulin
1st Gear
MINIclo mentioned something to me once that I'd not considerd in realtion to Electric Blue that certainly holds true for Oxygen Blue...it does a great job hiding dirt!!! We've had tons of rain here (day after day) and my Indi Blue would have looked quite nasty by this time (to me anyway)...I can barely tell on my Oxygen Blue!! Don't worry...my OB MINI will still get plenty of TLC, just another reason to rave about OB on a practical level!!!
I'm so glad to hear this considering the freak monsoon weather we're going through in Dallas (is it really July? ).

BTW- I know this is probably a silly question, but when any of you were going through the production/delivery process, how did you find out your production week #? Did your MA tell you, or did you have to call and pester?

Old 07-05-2007, 10:26 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
how did you find out your production week #? Did your MA tell you, or did you have to call and pester?
I'd ask my MA or call 1-866-ASK MINI. If the former doesn't know then the latter will. In my case, I just found out my production date and then consulted threads here on NAM to figure out which production week that date corresponded with.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:48 PM
mommashine
4th Gear
pester away... my ma's told me that their mini customers were more fanatical and more likely to pop in unannounced than their bmw customers... they are used to it, remember they get paid to deal with us so pester pester pester away... i know i did... hell i still do... lol...

Old 07-05-2007, 02:50 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Ya know...I propose that we Oxygen Blue Owners Club members formally adopt a policy of membership to any and all who admire the yummy color we get to motor about in every day. It seems OB has it's admirers...so I submit that this be both an owners and fan club. It just seems an Oxygen Blue thing to do...it's such a cheery and welcoming color. Thoughts??

ps...if we have fans, that's cool, but I fully expect them to be totally and obsessively attached to their own MINI color of choice!!!

Old 07-05-2007, 06:17 PM
mommashine
4th Gear
I agree sir... all good things deserve adoring fans... where would sliced bread be with out those crust lovers?

do we need to draw up bylaws and such? im not very good w/ legalese? maybe we should get someone who is unbiased to do it... maybe a pepper white lawyer? lol...

Old 07-05-2007, 07:22 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
I'm not into formalities...that's why I love OB!!! (I know...that didn't make sense) Anyway, unless someone objects let's just say it is so!!!

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club