R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 08:02 AM
suzyq
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very nice! How does one post pics, if you don't mind my asking? I have uploaded them, but not sure how to attach. I want to post pics of my Oxy Blue Coop. (goes by the name of Beatrice, Bea for short!)

Old 04-25-2007, 06:23 PM
mommashine
4th Gear
Originally Posted by suzyq
Very nice! How does one post pics, if you don't mind my asking? I have uploaded them, but not sure how to attach. I want to post pics of my Oxy Blue Coop. (goes by the name of Beatrice, Bea for short!)
well i upload my pics to photobucket.com (it's free and easy!) and then you copy the link for the pic and then click the little yellow boxy thingy above where you enter your text when posting... looks like a post card w/ a stamp and pics of mountains... then you paste the link into the box that pops up and hit enter or ok... tada!!!!

Old 04-25-2007, 06:39 PM
suzyq
1st Gear
Old 04-25-2007, 06:40 PM
suzyq
1st Gear
Thanks Mommashine and Gokartride for help with picture posting!!

Motor on!!

Old 04-25-2007, 07:40 PM
mommashine
4th Gear
Originally Posted by suzyq
Thanks Mommashine and Gokartride for help with picture posting!!

Motor on!!
rar snapfish is da devil...

j/k... my ma-in-law uses it and it drives me bonkers... lol... i guess i forgot to unclick 'send me every email ever written w/ 'snapfish's' name on it'

Old 04-26-2007, 06:40 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks a bazillion for the yummy pics all!!!

I confess, I visit this thread each and every day to get my daily dose of Oxygen Blue. It is the one thread keeping me slightly sane as I await an OB of my own (I'm sure my MA is very grateful for this). Thanks to your pics, I can create a visual of an OB Cooper in my mind, one that brings a smile to my face and lulls me to sleep each night.

Yup...I got the Oxygen Blue feev-ah!!!!

Old 04-26-2007, 04:43 PM
mommashine
4th Gear
hehehe... i still have to walk outside now and again to make sure it real... ;-D

Old 04-27-2007, 06:50 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
I confess I was one of the chief whiners when Electric Blue was made available for Coopers everywhere in the world except in the U.S....yup no EB for us. Therefore, I am thrilled to see OB made it here....and it's non-metallic to boot!!! In some ways I feel I have to step up and get an OB in that 1) someone at MINI loves me and heard my incessant whining, stomping, and complaining over EB and 2) Island Blue (very similar to OB) is my all-time favorite classic Mini color....and that makes Oxygen Blue is my destiny!!!!!

I fell hard for my '03 IB/W Cooper.....I predict it will be much, much worse when my OB/W Cooper (w/ english oak) finally arrives. Yummy!!

Old 04-27-2007, 07:08 AM
Rennie
4th Gear
Originally Posted by gokartride
I confess I was one of the chief whiners when Electric Blue was made available for Coopers everywhere in the world except in the U.S....yup no EB for us. Therefore, I am thrilled to see OB made it here....and it's non-metallic to boot!!! In some ways I feel I have to step up and get an OB in that 1) someone at MINI loves me and heard my incessant whining, stomping, and complaining over EB and 2) Island Blue (very similar to OB) is my all-time favorite classic Mini color....and that makes Oxygen Blue is my destiny!!!!!

I fell hard for my '03 IB/W Cooper.....I predict it will be much, much worse when my OB/W Cooper (w/ english oak) finally arrives. Yummy!!
I also love OB as I have one. I'm just curious, gokartride, why being a non-metallic color is better than being metallic. Is it because of the $450 savings? Or are there other benefits?

Old 04-27-2007, 09:52 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Rennie
Is it because of the $450 savings?
Yeah, pretty much just that.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:11 AM
mommashine
4th Gear
not to mention it's not glitzy, it's classy...

Old 04-27-2007, 01:07 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
It's also nice that OB owners are also Cooper owners. It can sometimes be hard to find lovers of the humble Cooper on the pages of NAM.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:18 PM
F15EWeapon
5th Gear
Be sure to peel off that blue coating on your door sills. After a good summer they will be baked on so hard they won't come off, and they'll bubble... and then you'll have to bug the dealer to replace them. (They did it for mine...but your results may vary) Great looking Cooper! I wish they offered all the colors on all the mini's.

Old 04-28-2007, 10:13 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Egad...I'm afraid I may become the Skuzzy of the Oxygen Blue Club. Just went by the dealer (which is around the corner...not a good thing!!!) and no OBs in sight. How funny that my own MINI could be the first I've seen in our yummy color.

So...do you see much Oxygen Blue in the wild?? I have some Indi Blue diecast from my first MINI...I don't expect to see anything in Oxygen Blue. I keep halucinating (yup...justy like Skuzzy ) that I see that unique OB shade signs, other cars, clothing etc, but I don't think these other shades are quite right. Anybody found a means of OB accessorizing???

Old 04-28-2007, 12:50 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Argh...my OB/W MINI is scheduled for transport!!!!!

Old 04-28-2007, 01:03 PM
Rennie
4th Gear
Originally Posted by gokartride
Argh...my OB/W MINI is scheduled for transport!!!!!
Congratulations, gokartide Can't wait to pics of the exterior and your wood interior as well!

Old 04-28-2007, 02:35 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Rennie
Congratulations, gokartide
Thanks, Rennie...I hope to do my OB MINI proud as you all have!!!

Old 04-28-2007, 08:50 PM
mommashine
4th Gear
Originally Posted by F15EWeapon
Be sure to peel off that blue coating on your door sills. After a good summer they will be baked on so hard they won't come off, and they'll bubble... and then you'll have to bug the dealer to replace them. (They did it for mine...but your results may vary) Great looking Cooper! I wish they offered all the colors on all the mini's.
will they still bubble if i don't mess with them? i kinda like that part blue... lol..

Old 04-29-2007, 05:34 AM
Krut
6th Gear
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
One of my favourite new new MINI colours - I just noticed.. no codpiece with the non-sport seats.

Old 04-29-2007, 05:38 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by krut
no codpiece with the non-sport seats.
I'm sure I've seen it on MINIs at the dealership. I'll swing by in a bit and take another look.

Old 04-29-2007, 06:42 AM
Rennie
4th Gear
Originally Posted by F15EWeapon
I'm afraid I don't know what you're referring to. Where exactly would I find this blue coating? In the area where the tire pressure, etc. specs are listed when you open the door?

Old 04-29-2007, 08:43 AM
Krut
6th Gear
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
It's an actual plastic protectant put on the door sills to protect them from getting scratched - they should've been removed during the dealer PDI. It's vacuum sealed on the sills.. just take the edge of your nail and pry up the plastic from the top of the sill. It's the same type of stuff they put on your mobile phone to protect the display before you use it.

Old 04-29-2007, 08:55 AM
Rennie
4th Gear
Thanks, krut. I'll go check it out.

Old 04-29-2007, 07:28 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Wow....check out the OB w/ OB/black checkered roof from a MINI2 owner!!!!

(4th post from top of page)

Last edited by gokartride; 04-29-2007 at 07:32 PM. Reason: extremely silly spelling
Old 05-01-2007, 10:46 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Bump for Oxygen Blue!!!

I found out that my MINI will be only the second OB sold at my local dealership thus far....I think once folks see it, though, it'll get more attention. At this point I think I will be the only OB MINI in town!!! It appears there may be one dealer-spec OB MINI coming in later...that'll bring the grand total of OBs sold here to a big whoppin' three!!!

Coming from my Indi Blue Cooper I wanted the new MINI to be a bit more fun, but equally classic. OB is perfect...it looks great with the Cooper chrome bits and with the black trim!!

In other new...some vicious reports were circulating in OT about a ship-load of Oxygen Blue/W MINIs w/ oak trim sinking off the coast of Iceland!!!! Turns out, after much personal consternation, that this was just a clever hoax.

(someday I'll get them, yes I will!!!)

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club