R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 05:45 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MINIgirly
Hello everyone, I am picking up my O2 Blue tomorrow!!
Hi MINIgirly...glad you could stop by!!! Congrats and have a great delivery day. It don't get much better than that!!!

Old 12-31-2007, 08:48 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIgirly
I am picking up my O2 Blue tomorrow!!
I wonder how delivery day is going?!?!?!

Old 12-31-2007, 09:49 AM
Mike P
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi MINIgirly, How is your new ride? Congtats in advance....... This is mine up on Blue Mesa Resevour in Colorado Dang, can't get the picturer thing to work, Its in my gallery now.........

Last edited by Mike P; 12-31-2007 at 09:57 AM.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:51 AM
MINIgirly
2nd Gear
OFFICIAL O2 BLUE AND MINI OWNER!!

Officially bought my first (new) car on Monday at about 12:45pm at Downtown MINI. They were absolutley wonderful!! I don't have any pictures yet, and I won't be able to take any till the weekend I have to go out of town with my mom and brother, and my dad (who helped me a lot with buying the car) will be 'babysitting'. He will be taking Sabastien to the dealer to have a few last minute accessories added.

Old 01-01-2008, 12:53 AM
MINIgirly
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by gokartride
I wonder how delivery day is going?!?!?!
Rainy:impatient

Old 01-01-2008, 07:23 AM
DanF
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Mike P
Hi MINIgirly, How is your new ride? Congtats in advance....... This is mine up on Blue Mesa Resevour in Colorado Dang, can't get the picturer thing to work, Its in my gallery now.........
Mike, your car looks alot like mine now. Salt encrusted for the winter.

Old 01-01-2008, 07:40 AM
Mike P
1st Gear
Dan Had to wash him when I got to Delta and again when I got back home, now waiting for it to warm up so I can wash and wax him properly.........

Old 01-02-2008, 02:46 AM
Mini E and Genny
Neutral
An Introduction!

Hi Everyone!! My name is Elaine or Mini E and this is my baby... Genny! I run a local Mini Club in the UK and one of our members told me they had seen a picture of my Mini One on your thread. Whilst I haven't actually found the picture I thought it would be cool to come and say hi and join your club if that's ok?!?

I am the only person in our Mini Club (with over 100 members) to have an Oxygen blue and I love her! I'm not sure if you get Mini Ones out there in the U.S. but over here you can't have a contrast roof with a Mini One so I had black cheques put on her instead. Genny is my second MINI (scary she will be 1 in April), before her I had a Chilli Red cooper which i loved too but put far to many miles on!

I'm also very proud of my number plate because here in the UK it's really hard to get anything that reads a word - we don't have so much choice, so when i got OX07 GEN I was really chuffed!!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi, hope to hear from you all soon and Oxygen rules!!

Old 01-02-2008, 07:54 AM
Mike P
1st Gear
Hi, Mini E, Your Genny is very nice looking, Like the wheels, I just joined this month also, Havn't seen you pic's on here but that does not mean anything... your plates are cool

Old 01-02-2008, 08:03 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Mini E and Genny
one of our members told me they had seen a picture of my Mini One on your thread.
Yes, I believe I may have posted a link to MINI2 beause I think your checkered roof is amazing!!! Hope you don't mind. Excellent job!!!

Last edited by gokartride; 01-02-2008 at 08:09 AM.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:22 AM
Mini E and Genny
Neutral
Cool - no i don't mind at all 'cos now i'm part of the Oxygen Blue owners club!!

Old 01-02-2008, 08:30 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
now i'm part of the Oxygen Blue owners club!!
It's an honor to have you!!!!

Old 01-02-2008, 03:33 PM
DanF
5th Gear
Hi Everyone!! My name is Elaine or Mini E and this is my baby... Genny! I run a local Mini Club in the UK and one of our members told me they had seen a picture of my Mini One on your thread. Whilst I haven't actually found the picture I thought it would be cool to come and say hi and join your club if that's ok?!?

I am the only person in our Mini Club (with over 100 members) to have an Oxygen blue and I love her! I'm not sure if you get Mini Ones out there in the U.S. but over here you can't have a contrast roof with a Mini One so I had black cheques put on her instead. Genny is my second MINI (scary she will be 1 in April), before her I had a Chilli Red cooper which i loved too but put far to many miles on!

I'm also very proud of my number plate because here in the UK it's really hard to get anything that reads a word - we don't have so much choice, so when i got OX07 GEN I was really chuffed!!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi, hope to hear from you all soon and Oxygen rules!!

I noticed you're car on the Mini 2 web site when you 1st picked it up. I fell in love with that color and mostly from the pics you had posted. This was way before I had even test drove a MINI. Welcome aboard NAM.

Old 01-02-2008, 04:09 PM
sbaker
3rd Gear

WOW!! I absolutely LOVE your roof!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-02-2008, 08:10 PM
c2burgess
Neutral
Mini E et al - That's a fine looking OB Mini. The wheels are exceptional. I remain baffled (and pleased) at all the MC buyers willing to walk past OB in favor of ordinary silver, black white, etc. Not that there's any bad hue on a Mini. Welcome to the US and OOBOC. c2burgess, Music City

chuffed Brit. proud, satisfied

Old 01-05-2008, 09:54 AM
Mini E and Genny
Neutral
hi Everyone, sorry for only just replying! Glad i was able to help make your mind up on OB and thanks for all the nice comments! i have to admit though, from the little square they had in the dealers i thought it was going to be a horrible colour and orignally ordered lightening blue. then the dealer told me they had one waiting to go in their holding bay and he let me go and look at it and i was in love!! don't have many on the roads here still though!!

Old 01-05-2008, 10:03 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
don't have many on the roads here still though!!
I know, it's the same here...many of us have never seen another OB on the road other than our own!! It did take a bit of courage to imagine an Oxygen Blue MINI by just looking at that paint sample, but as a fan of the classic Mini Island Blue I was fairly certain it would be nice. As it was, one of the MAs snuck me into the shop under cover of darkness when my OB first arrived. It was my first glimpse at any MINI actually clad in the color. Obviously, it made the adventure all the more fun!!!

Old 01-05-2008, 10:52 AM
DanF
5th Gear
The 1st time I stepped in the dealer to check out the R56 they had an O2blue on the showroom floor. That made up my mind right there, no need to look at any more colors.

Old 01-05-2008, 02:09 PM
MINIgirly
2nd Gear
Ditto for me about the O2 Blue on the showroom floor. I saw one for the first time 4 months before I brought mine home. Speaking of which I will take pictures for all of you to see him. I just came back from out of town and have finally been reunited with my Sabastian.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:51 AM
MiniEsq
4th Gear
hi Everyone, sorry for only just replying! Glad i was able to help make your mind up on OB and thanks for all the nice comments! i have to admit though, from the little square they had in the dealers i thought it was going to be a horrible colour and orignally ordered lightening blue. then the dealer told me they had one waiting to go in their holding bay and he let me go and look at it and i was in love!! don't have many on the roads here still though!!
I'm not sure which I love more - your checkered roof or your wheels!??!! And, of course the color (but I have the color!).

I actually had the opposite experience with the dealer. I had wanted a British Racing Green Mini for years and years. I was sure that was what I was going to get....except that I kept walking past this unusual blue color while I was test-driving and checking out what they had on the lot. I asked about it because I thought it was an after-market paint job, having never seen Oxygen Blue out in the "wild" before. Once they told me it was a color I could order, all thoughts of British Racing Green went right out the window! My dealer actually warned me, though, that the little squares of color, and even the color on the website, aren't pretty so I shouldn't later think I made a mistake! All my friends and family thought I was crazy when they saw this not-pretty weird blue color I was showing them on the website...but they all had a very quick change of mind when the car came in. Now, everyone thinks it's the best color of all! (and, of course, I agree!)

Old 01-07-2008, 09:09 AM
SpitfireMkI
6th Gear
OB is such a wonderful color, its a shame that its not available in an MCS which I prefer to the MC.

That Genny looks real nice !

Old 01-07-2008, 09:10 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MiniEsq
they all had a very quick change of mind when the car came in. Now, everyone thinks it's the best color of all!
Now see that's interesting...I was so fixated on OB (largely because of Island Blue) that I kinda lost my objectivity about the color. It is interesting to see how others...especially MINI owners...perceive the color.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:45 PM
mommashine
4th Gear
wow... i turn my head for a few days and look at all these new oxyblu owners!!! welcome welcome welcome... pull up a seat... :-D

Old 01-07-2008, 08:53 PM
MiniEsq
4th Gear
Originally Posted by gokartride
Now see that's interesting...I was so fixated on OB (largely because of Island Blue) that I kinda lost my objectivity about the color. It is interesting to see how others...especially MINI owners...perceive the color.
Well, OB certainly changed my mind about Mini Cooper colors - I was in love the second I laid eyes on it. And, as I said, my friends and family can't stop talking about what a great color it is....in fact, I've even had total strangers compliment me on the color.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:12 PM
mommashine
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MiniEsq
I've even had total strangers compliment me on the color.
if it doesn't happen at least once a day i get cranky... lol..

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club