R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 08:41 AM
MiniEsq
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mommashine
if it doesn't happen at least once a day i get cranky... lol..

Old 01-10-2008, 09:03 AM
MINIgirly
2nd Gear
Good News: I finally have my camera (to take the 1st pictures of my MINI)
Bad News: It's raining... It's always raining!!

Old 01-11-2008, 06:30 PM
Mike P
1st Gear
Take pictures anyways, I lived in Seattle for years and just had to go out side anyways (Born and Raised Colorado Boy)......... Grab an Umbrella and GO

Old 01-16-2008, 05:38 PM
booberry
Neutral
Ordering Mini by this weekend

I was all set on ordering a Pepper White Black hooded mini until I came across this Thread. There were no OBs to look at in person at dealer. The others blue not for me, black and silver to many of them, red is not for me, British Green nice classic, yellow....well that sure is a lot of yellow. Never consider me a white car kind of guy but it was growing on me.

Then the OBs. This is it. I think I will order site (at least live that is) unseen. I keep going back between white or black top, leaning ever so slightly towards the retro white roof look. Anyone have tired Tuscan leather, looks good but not sure I can keep it up with dog and two boys riding along sometimes. So probably will go with leatherette.

Any picks of different interior trim combos out there?

Right now going with manual tran, inconvenience package, sports seats, front fogs as options. Any other must haves out there?

So excited, even got my Boo Beery signature, love that cereal turned your milk Oxygen Blue.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:29 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by booberry
Any other must haves out there?
Well first of all congrats. I realize it is a leap going with Oxygen Blue as it is not a commonly seen color, but trust me the rewards are great!!!

As for other options, consider getting the rear fog...not expensive, adds a toggle, and comes in handy even in extremely rainy weather to enhance visibility. The sport seats are super...you'll like those!! You might consider DSC...it is pricey, but with it comes hill-assist which I use more than I ever thought possible living in a relatively flat part of the world. It is very nice. Also consider the MFSW. The controls/readouts in the speedo actually aren't just for the sound system...there's lots of other stuff there, too. To use those readouts more flexibly it is nice to have basic controls for the car sound on the steering wheel. Anyway, these are just things to consider...the MINI you have spec'ced out is perfect as is!!!

Old 01-17-2008, 04:47 AM
Littlesha
2nd Gear
HI!
Please welcome me as a BRAND SPANKIN' NEW MEMBER! As of just last night! Got the last 2008 OB/B....well, the last OB PERIOD....at my dealer, and could not even sleep last night! Now to get my OB owner sig!!!

It's so funny...I LOVE the Nightfire Red...but when I looked at both, there wasn't even a question. This blue is just unreal. Might want to add some extra chrome at some point.

Geeze....I am excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sharon

Old 01-17-2008, 05:12 AM
sbaker
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Littlesha
HI!
Please welcome me as a BRAND SPANKIN' NEW MEMBER! As of just last night! Got the last 2008 OB/B....well, the last OB PERIOD....at my dealer, and could not even sleep last night! Now to get my OB owner sig!!!

It's so funny...I LOVE the Nightfire Red...but when I looked at both, there wasn't even a question. This blue is just unreal. Might want to add some extra chrome at some point.

Geeze....I am excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sharon

Congratulations!!!!

Old 01-17-2008, 05:16 AM
Littlesha
2nd Gear
THANK YOU!!!!!!

Old 01-17-2008, 06:23 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Littlesha
This blue is just unreal. Might want to add some extra chrome at some point.
I know, it's a great color...even moreso in that it saves a few $$s (non-metallic) and is a very easy color to live with as it does not show dirt like many of the darker colors.

So, did your dealer have several OBs on their lot? We have never had one out on the lot here, but one of the MAs drove one for awhile. Now it's gone, too.

Anyway...welcome aboard!!!

Old 01-17-2008, 01:16 PM
Littlesha
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by gokartride
I know, it's a great color...even moreso in that it saves a few $$s (non-metallic) and is a very easy color to live with as it does not show dirt like many of the darker colors.

So, did your dealer have several OBs on their lot? We have never had one out on the lot here, but one of the MAs drove one for awhile. Now it's gone, too.

Anyway...welcome aboard!!!
Hi,
ONE single OB on the lot. Now it's mine mine mine....bwahaahahahahaahah

Old 01-17-2008, 04:35 PM
booberry
Neutral
Originally Posted by gokartride
Well first of all congrats. I realize it is a leap going with Oxygen Blue as it is not a commonly seen color, but trust me the rewards are great!!!

As for other options, consider getting the rear fog...not expensive, adds a toggle, and comes in handy even in extremely rainy weather to enhance visibility. The sport seats are super...you'll like those!! You might consider DSC...it is pricey, but with it comes hill-assist which I use more than I ever thought possible living in a relatively flat part of the world. It is very nice. Also consider the MFSW.
Thanks for the advice. I have added rear fog light, anthracite headline, brushed alloy interior (I like the door handle contrast color), and DSC (too much of a safety advantage to ignore). Do you think that this interior will be too dark? I figure its the balance to the bright happy outside. I also think the Tuscan Beige leather would look great with OB but perhaps not worth the extra $ and maintenance to me so will go with the standard leatherette. The MFSW comes with the convenience package, so I don't have to get it separately.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:01 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by booberry
The MFSW comes with the convenience package, so I don't have to get it separately.
Sounds like you are totally hooked up!!! No, your interior will not be too dark...if anything it will accentuate the brushed alloy and that'll be amazing.

FWIW, I have a fairly dark interior, too (see gallery), and the English Oak trim package...which is a bit dark, too. I love it because the English Oak really pops against the other dark bits on the dash, and when the sun hits it, it is spectacular.

Old 01-24-2008, 12:30 PM
MINIgirly
2nd Gear
Booberry: I highly recommend the checkered board dash! Chrome line interior is also very nice, I didn't get it but I am working on getting it aftermarket. Rear fog lights, wish I got that too... Oh well there's only so much a college girl can afford although I must say the auto wipers and auto lights were a nice inverstment

Guess what it stopped raining long enough for me to take pictures

Introducing Sabastian

Last edited by MINIgirly; 01-28-2008 at 10:18 AM.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:19 PM
sbaker
3rd Gear
Ooooh! I DO like that checkered dash!!!!

Old 01-24-2008, 04:46 PM
Littlesha
2nd Gear
Wow...that dash rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-24-2008, 06:25 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Very nice dash and perfect with Oxygen Blue!!!

Old 01-24-2008, 07:25 PM
mommashine
4th Gear
oh that is hot! nice job!

Old 01-24-2008, 07:27 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That dash looks awesome

Cool first exterior pic too

Old 01-24-2008, 09:00 PM
MINIgirly
2nd Gear
Thank you I love my Sabastian!!

Old 01-25-2008, 10:29 AM
BRONTOBUFFY
2nd Gear
hi everyone! i've been thinking about getting oxy blue (forgive my intrusion as i am not 'officially' and oxy blue owner ) but im a little torn on what interior dash combo's look good? does anyone have pics of theirs? (besides the checker i see has already been posted, loooks good minigirly!)

Old 01-25-2008, 03:26 PM
DanF
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIgirly
Booberry: I highly recommend the checkered board dash! Chrome line interior is also very nice, I didn't get it but I am working on getting it aftermarket. Rear fog lights, wish I got that too... Oh well there's only so much a college girl can afford although I must say the auto wipers and auto lights were a nice inverstment

Guess what it stopped raining long enough for me to take pictures

Introducing Sabastian

I'm wondering if that dash is vinyl or what? And if it is vinyl is it white vinyl checks on piano black or solid vinyl?

Old 01-25-2008, 03:51 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by BRONTOBUFFY
does anyone have pics of theirs?
I have an English Oak interior pic w/ the standard lower dash (no color-line) in my gallery.

Originally Posted by DanF
I'm wondering if that dash is vinyl or what?
No, the OEM checkered dash is not vinyl at all. Looks very slick in person!!

Old 01-26-2008, 02:48 PM
MINIgirly
2nd Gear
My checkered board dash isn't vinyl, it's the same material as the regualr piano black dash. Thankfully, finger prints don't show up as much

Old 01-27-2008, 10:03 AM
DanF
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIgirly
My checkered board dash isn't vinyl, it's the same material as the regualr piano black dash. Thankfully, finger prints don't show up as much
That sounds like a sweet dash and very unique. I have yet to see that.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:36 AM
sbaker
3rd Gear
Window Tint

Have any of you gotten your windows tinted? As I live in Texas I am seriously thinking about getting Blue Belle tinted before summer rolls around again. I'm curious though about what she'll look like after she's tinted. I've seen lots of pics of other tinted MINIs, but none that are O2 Blue. If anyone has pics of their tinted O2 Blue MINI I would really, really like to see them.

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club