R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 07:23 PM
mommashine
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 days away from GEMINI's 1st bday... i don't know what to get her... i think maybe just a good detailing and a happy run on the twisties...

Old 04-22-2008, 07:17 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mommashine
GEMINI's 1st bday
Happy Birthday to you...
You make all of us coo...
It's because you're Oxy-gen Blue....
Happy Birthday to you!!!

Old 04-22-2008, 12:53 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has anyone noticed that you really can't admire the OB while driving, unless you look in the side mirrors?? My Husband pointed that out!!
BTW Happy Birthday GEMINI and Mommashine, enjoy your Celebration!!!

Old 04-22-2008, 05:10 PM
CarolinaCooper
4th Gear
Happy birthday, Gemini! Hang ten!

Got an e-mail from my MA today that my baby should be arriving at the dealeriship this aft. or tom. Guessing on Friday pickup ... Missing Gemini's birthday by a day or so ...

Old 04-22-2008, 06:02 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Carolina...Finally you will have your Beloved MINI. You will LOVE everything about this little car. We've just come home from that 4-Letter Word thing (W _ _ k) in a torrential down pour...Molly handled it like a trooper, she's even wearing her High Performance Tires!!

Old 04-22-2008, 06:20 PM
CarolinaCooper
4th Gear
I was so glad to hear you got Molly home before the HAIL started. That would have probably sent me over the edge ... Rain. OK ... Light snow. OK. Hail. Not OK ... Downpours are not fun, either.

Ooh, ooh. My MA JUST now e-mailed me (as I'm replying to you). Baby did not arrive today, but should arrive tomorrow morning. She'll let me know when she gets in--around lunch. Fingers crossed!

Old 04-22-2008, 06:39 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Mine are too Carolina!! So do you still foresee a Friday Delivery?? We expect pics. ASAP!! What do you have planned for after Delivery?? (twisties??)

Old 04-23-2008, 06:13 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by CarolinaCooper
should arrive tomorrow morning.
Hmmm....I know someone who is hopelessly distracted about now!!!!!

Old 04-23-2008, 09:19 AM
CarolinaCooper
4th Gear
You are right, gokartride! No word, yet, from my MA, but already told folks at work I will PROBABLY take off Friday ... and MONDAY!

Got all my stuff from Detailers Paradise yest. .... Now trying to figure out who has a digital camera I can borrow. I hope I'm not jinxing things!

Old 04-23-2008, 10:47 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Carolina...if you were closer I'd let you borrow mine!! You are not jinxing anything...I bought a lot of Molly's stuff weeks before she came home, just be glad you have all you need (or maybe NOT!! ). Glad to see your wait is almost over...How many more days??

Old 04-23-2008, 11:42 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Got all my stuff from Detailers Paradise yest. .... Now trying to figure out who has a digital camera I can borrow. I hope I'm not jinxing things!
Sounds prefectly reasonable to me...you'll need those detailing supplies soon enough, and let me say I took grief for weeks around here because I did not have a camera at the ready (it was being borrowed....in Australia!! ). You are doing great!!!

Old 04-23-2008, 01:59 PM
CarolinaCooper
4th Gear
Yes, yes! My MA e-mailed me that my baby did, indeed, arrive today! I am picking her up Friday! No jinxing, it appears.

Now, to locate a camera ... I have a camera phone, but cannot get the pics downloaded. Maybe can read up on that more tonight.

Thanks to all of you who put up with my whining over the past 9 weeks. I feel much better now!

Old 04-23-2008, 02:14 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
I am picking her up Friday!
Very exciting.....but you might not sleep too well the next two nights!!! Just sayin'.

Now, to locate a camera
See if you can find a friend (with a camera) to go with you and take some shots...that way everybody gets in on the pics.

Our MINIs look very similar, btw...same wheels even. I don't have bonnet stripes though. Anyway, have a blast!!!!!!

Old 04-23-2008, 02:56 PM
jessicasprouse
3rd Gear
kay, so i almost had a heart attack today!! i was driving to the gym this morning, and all of a sudden i see an OXYBLUE MINI!!! an exact replica of mine. bonnet stripes, same wheels, same everything!! It was the first time i have ever seen another oxy blue in person! i thought i was hallucinating at first, and went into shock. I waved at the driver and.....they DIDNT even see me!!! it was only a 2 lane road, and they were on the opposite side. how did they not see me!!! i was waving frantically!! lol

an exciting day to say the least!

oh and congrats Carolina Cooper! u better figure out how to upload the those pics from ur camera!!

Old 04-23-2008, 04:27 PM
DanF
5th Gear
It is funny how some will just not wave, but then again there have been a few times that I have passed a Mini without noticing it.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:38 PM
CarolinaCooper
4th Gear
Thanks for the support, y'all. No, I won't be getting much sleep the next 2 nights ... I'll sleep on the way up there.

My hubby is getting a digital camera from a friend of his. I have PhotShop at work, so that'll work. Might be sometime next week before I can upload the pics to the gallery.

Gokartride, my baby is pretty basic, but I did order sport seats, the premium package, fog lights, and I also ordered boot stripes (to go with the bonnet stripes) from Aesthetic Creations. Hoping they'll get delivered and put on by Friday. If not, I'll go back up and have that done next weekend.

I am thinking of getting window tint, since it's so hot down here. Definitely want to do the sunroof, but maybe all the windows, too. Planning to do that my next visit to the dealer. Anyone have that done, and, if so, what type tint, color, etc.? I've been reading upon the different kinds, brands, warranties, etc. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Old 04-23-2008, 06:48 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
No Tint here, I can't even see the SUN for goodness sake!! WE are still having WINTER weather up here in the PNW!!

Old 04-23-2008, 07:13 PM
CarolinaCooper
4th Gear
And HAIL! And down here, that means the opposite of heaven!

I won't rub it in and state that tomorrow will be partly cloudy and 80 degrees ...

But, we've already got mosquitos ...

Old 04-23-2008, 07:24 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Nice Detailing weather this weekend...64 Sat. & 69 Sun.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:58 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jessicasprouse
i thought i was hallucinating at first, and went into shock.
I do this too every time I see an OB on the road...it really catches me off guard. Maybe it's good they didn't see you...imagine how wild and crazy that could have been!!!!

Now here's one for you....has anybody taken a pic of two privately-owned OBs in the same place? I'm not sure it has been done, although we almost had one when Blue Skies 05 came through town last year!!

Old 04-24-2008, 04:17 PM
CarolinaCooper
4th Gear
I've yet to see another OB. I consider that a good thing! Picking up my baby tom. a.m.

"Tomorrow, tomorrow. I'll get it tomorrow. It's only a day a way!"

Yes, will be great weather this weekend. Partly cloudy and 80s. Perfect for detailing!

Old 04-24-2008, 04:24 PM
jessicasprouse
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by gokartride
I do this too every time I see an OB on the road...it really catches me off guard. Maybe it's good they didn't see you...imagine how wild and crazy that could have been!!!!

Now here's one for you....has anybody taken a pic of two privately-owned OBs in the same place? I'm not sure it has been done, although we almost had one when Blue Skies 05 came through town last year!!
Yeah, come to think of it, i have seen hundreds of pictures of other color mini's where 2 of the same color are next to eachother, and its never a big deal. But having 2 oxy blue's in one pic, that would be like a world record for most oxy blue's together at one time. lol

Old 04-24-2008, 04:28 PM
Dory the Cooper
2nd Gear
I think Mini should have an oxygen blue day where all the OB mini's get together and take one huge picture! I don't know why it is not a popular color like some of the others! I always get comments on what a pretty color it is and I loved the color because you don't see any other car marker with the same color!

Old 04-24-2008, 08:45 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
My Dealer said that through the Production Year ('07-'08) of OB (so far) they have only Sold 25 including Molly!! That's how RARE they really are.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:04 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
they have only Sold 25 including Molly!!
We used to see national numbers on stuff like this, but not so much now. It'd be really interesting to see the national (or even global) OB #s since it's a Cooper coupe only color and not available for the MCS, Cabrio (either model) or Clubman (either model).

Picking up my baby tom. a.m.
Got MINI??? Usually when a new owner disappears for a bit it's a good sign!!!

Last edited by gokartride; 04-25-2008 at 11:08 AM.

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club