R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 11:53 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can feel the JEALOUSY other Drivers/Cars have for Molly...they drive like IDIOTS!! I've had to do some Brake Testing in front of a few!! AND roll down my Window and Yell "BACK OFF!!" to an over Zellous LandRover!! And this morning had a Bimbo Blonde in a Mercedes think SHE was "ALL THAT"!! She was TOTALLY Oblivious to my Husband GLARING at her AND Waving as she drove by!!

Old 04-25-2008, 12:32 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I consider myself very lucky...drivers around here are very nice to MINIs.

Old 04-26-2008, 07:04 AM
CarolinaCooper
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, all!

Got home with my baby late yest. aft. Then, took off, again, back home, off, again, etc. Didn't get home until afer 10 pm!

LOVING IT! RJ, You're right! Just don't know what fun until you get one! I'm working on pics, using a borrowed camera. It may be next week before I can get them online, but will try.

Crazy, but wonderful weekend. Gotta go move furniture, then take our oldest car to someone who will clean her up and sell her for us. Hate to see her go, but it's time.

Will get caught up on posts later this weekend. Gotta motor!

Old 04-26-2008, 11:01 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by CarolinaCooper
Gotta motor!
Makes perfect sense to me!! Looking forward to pics when you have time!!

Old 04-26-2008, 11:22 AM
Uncle_John
6th Gear
I followed Mr. Kart's OB/W Cooper down Bowen Road today. OB looks so cool out running in the wild . . .

Old 04-26-2008, 02:31 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Uncle_John
OB looks so cool out running in the wild
Thnx....'cause this is a view few of us ever have!!!!

Old 04-26-2008, 10:41 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Carolina...you are to funny!!! I'm so HAPPY that you've FINALLY been MINI'zed!!! I told you it would be worth the wait!!
I got an "I like your Car!!" when we were re-fueling this afternoon!!! We took a 250+Mi. road trip today to nowhere...traveled E on SR14 crossed over into OR and then headed W on I-84 and back home to WA. 273.? on trip (incl. Friday) 33.7mpg!! Molly realled seemed to smooth out, don't know if I'm halusinating or what, but the engine and ride seemed a whole lot smoother. Any body else notice anything?? Hubby napped too, so I guess that means it was quite comfortable!! Molly had her first bath today too. She's quite the pampered one!!

Old 04-26-2008, 11:16 PM
Dory the Cooper
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Molly had her first bath today too. She's quite the pampered one!!
It is pampering now but it will develop into a habit! I am getting really bad now washing Dory sometimes more than once a week....I should most likely be doing school stuff but taking care of my baby is so much better!

Old 04-27-2008, 06:01 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
33.7mpg!!
Very nice!!! I routinely get 39-40 mpg driving around town in my MINI but seldom get out on the highway for any length of time. Interesting to hear your results.

Originally Posted by Dory the Cooper
I am getting really bad now washing Dory sometimes more than once a week
Sounds quite normal to me!!!

Old 04-27-2008, 04:53 PM
CarolinaCooper
4th Gear
I'm happier 'n a pig in slop, right now! Having a blast with my baby.

Washed her yest. Did not have time to clay before the rain hit, so I did the Epic. LOVE the Prima products. Finished up this morinig with the Black Renew, Wheel stuff, Nero and Clarity.

More rain this aft., but nice little water beads this time. Got about 250 miles on her. RJ, you should be about half way on your break-in period, by what I'm reading.

I haven't been paying attention to a smooth-out, BUT I did notice the first few times I started her, she sounded a little like a diesel. I almost thought, "Wow! They snuck a diesel and glass mat battery over here. Cool!" Then, "Oh, they would have put regular gas into a diesel. This can't be good." Anyway, she's stopped doing that, and she cranks right up. You're probably right; they're just getting settled in, I guess.

Gokartride, you have a great name! I realize why. It's the STEERING! Turns on the quick, just like a go cart! I thought about you as I was making turns in town, and I just started laughing as I pulled up to a light. The people in the lane next to me were looking at me like my hair was on fire.

Still waiting for the right name to come to me. She's almost small enough for me to hold her up to the moon (like in "The Lion King") ...

Meanwhile, you all are right. O/Bs are something different. I've received many complements on her (some I wish I'd gotten myself, like "sexy" ... But, NOOOO, they were for my MINI!) ... Feel like a carnie operator. I've been taking friends and relatives for rides all weekend.

Old 04-27-2008, 05:27 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
I washed my MINI this afternoon, too!!! "Pig in slop"? My, you are happy!!!

Old 04-27-2008, 08:09 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Got over 500+ on her Carolina!!! Took her shopping while Hubby mowed the yards!! Marshall's is a BAD Store, but I so needed to go, Work, Fun, and Work Out Clothes, spent way to much!!
There are a lot of new sounds to get used to that's for sure, but I have noticed something has changed since Delivery. Sounds like you are having a Ball...you'll be at 500+ before you know it. They are by far the FUNNEST on the road!!

Old 04-28-2008, 06:12 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Anybody know if there will be any Oxygen Blue MINIs at the Dragon this year? I haven't heard it mentioned here so thought I'd ask. Surely someone from somewhere will have one!!!

Old 04-28-2008, 04:17 PM
CarolinaCooper
4th Gear
Got over 500+ on her Carolina!!! Took her shopping while Hubby mowed the yards!! Marshall's is a BAD Store, but I so needed to go, Work, Fun, and Work Out Clothes, spent way to much!!
There are a lot of new sounds to get used to that's for sure, but I have noticed something has changed since Delivery. Sounds like you are having a Ball...you'll be at 500+ before you know it. They are by far the FUNNEST on the road!!
Shop 'til you drop! Another excuse to drive Molly. Bet you parked WAY, WAY at the end of the lot where the employees park.

Old 04-28-2008, 04:18 PM
Uncle_John
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gokartride
Anybody know if there will be any Oxygen Blue MINIs at the Dragon this year? I haven't heard it mentioned here so thought I'd ask. Surely someone from somewhere will have one!!!
I think your friends are waiting for you to bring yours . . .

Old 04-28-2008, 04:20 PM
CarolinaCooper
4th Gear
I won't be going this year, but my plans are to go next year. I understand we should book lodging, etc., way in advance. That will give me time to plan, find out more about it and, of course, my baby will be broken in by then, so I can enjoy the mtn. roads more.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:14 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Farthest Spot I could Carolina!! She's my car for 2 more days, Hubby worked from home today and he has to be to work early Tues. & Wed., so Molly will be accompanying me to work AGAIN!!
Have you taken your (yet to be named) MINI on a "longer" ride yet?? I think you will see what I mean about smoothing out if you could get your MINI out on a straight away say after 250mi. I think this is what they talk about when the say "Break In" Period...all parts seemed to melled together.
I tipped the Speedo a bit tonight, but didn't hit 4500rpm...still smooth as glass, this is going to be the ABSOLUTE funnest car to own!!

Old 04-28-2008, 08:58 PM
jessicasprouse
3rd Gear
Farthest Spot I could Carolina!! She's my car for 2 more days, Hubby worked from home today and he has to be to work early Tues. & Wed., so Molly will be accompanying me to work AGAIN!!
Have you taken your (yet to be named) MINI on a "longer" ride yet?? I think you will see what I mean about smoothing out if you could get your MINI out on a straight away say after 250mi. I think this is what they talk about when the say "Break In" Period...all parts seemed to melled together.
I tipped the Speedo a bit tonight, but didn't hit 4500rpm...still smooth as glass, this is going to be the ABSOLUTE funnest car to own!!

Aww, just from reading this i feel like i am redoing the whole break in period with my mini all over again!! those first few drives i had with mine were definately defining moments in my car driving experience. I am so happy for all you who have just picked up theirs!! Happy Motoring and ENJOY!!

Old 04-30-2008, 09:44 AM
CarolinaCooper
4th Gear
Hey, y'all,

Finally got some pics uploaded to the gallery, if you want to check it out.

300+miles now and averaging 35.5 mpg. Good for mostly in-town, I think. Will be getting 400+ miles to the tank ...

Old 04-30-2008, 11:48 AM
Oxybluecoop
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your MINI looks great!Love the bonnet/boot stripes!

Old 04-30-2008, 02:31 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by CarolinaCooper
averaging 35.5 mpg
Darn good!!! Manual or auto???

Old 04-30-2008, 07:48 PM
jessicasprouse
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by OXYBLUECOOP
Your MINI looks great!Love the bonnet/boot stripes!
oxybluecoop, were you by any chance driving on Fairfax Blvd at about 10:15-10:30 tonight??
if so, i pulled up behind you at the intersection of fairfax blvd & rt.50 and flashed my lights at you.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:09 PM
Oxybluecoop
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jessicasprouse
oxybluecoop, were you by any chance driving on Fairfax Blvd at about 10:15-10:30 tonight??
if so, i pulled up behind you at the intersection of fairfax blvd & rt.50 and flashed my lights at you.
I've been here in Charlotte, NC since Monday so it wasen't me. It seems our color is becoming ALOT more popular.After 6 months of never seeing another I've seen 5 in the last few days!

Old 04-30-2008, 08:29 PM
jessicasprouse
3rd Gear
i know!! i got mine in february, and had never seen another one in person until monday, then i saw another one tonight!! and my boyfriend saw one yesterday. its insane!! and awesome! it made my day both the times i saw one.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:18 AM
CarolinaCooper
4th Gear
Darn good!!! Manual or auto???
It's a manual. Just put gas in it last night. Registered 424 miles driven, with 89 left on the tank, but not sure how accurate that is. I had 2 fuel level lights still lit. I'd say about 280 of those miles were in-town. The rest were on the highway.

It's still in the break-in period, so I'm driving her very cautiously, trying not to get past 3000 rpm. How much ya wanna bet that mpg drops after the break-in?

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club