R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 09:48 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dory the Cooper
just wondering if anyone has the blacked out grill just so i can see a preview of what i have coming!
I've not seen any blacked-out grills on R56 Coopers...yours may be unique. Some first gen owners did this...it looked great, but then the first gen MINI One had a black grill so the whole thing was rather confusing to those into model-specific minutia. Based on that, and the fact that R56 MCSs have blacked out grill (much better looking than the body-colored slats on R53, imho) I think you're on safe ground for a very nice-looking mod. FWIW, I think a black R56 grill will look even better than black MCS honeycomb...although I'll be keeping the chrome m'self.

Old 05-15-2008, 01:42 PM
DanF
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look in OXYBLUECOUPE's gallery. He has a blacked out grill.

Old 05-15-2008, 02:20 PM
CarolinaCooper
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Stu
Hi all. Our Oxygen Blue MINI was put on the boat today. We're looking forward to it's arrival. I guess it's traditional to list specs:

White roof/mirrors/wheels/bonnett stripes, front and rear fogs, xenons, chrome driving lamps, moonroof, winter pack. I think that's it.
Excellent! Enjoy the boat ride over. I hope yours reports its position, so you can track it. Then, it's nail-biting time once it hits shore (well, not literally, I hope )!

Old 05-15-2008, 02:27 PM
CarolinaCooper
4th Gear
Originally Posted by DigitalCopy
We just took delivery of our Oxygen Blue 3 weeks ago.
Me, too! Don't you just love it more each day? I love the color and still haven't seen another one outside of the dealership. I used to prefer electric blue, but then when I saw the oxy blue, that was it. Way too cool a color

Old 05-15-2008, 02:38 PM
Dory the Cooper
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by gokartride
I've not seen any blacked-out grills on R56 Coopers...yours may be unique. Some first gen owners did this...it looked great, but then the first gen MINI One had a black grill so the whole thing was rather confusing to those into model-specific minutia. Based on that, and the fact that R56 MCSs have blacked out grill (much better looking than the body-colored slats on R53, imho) I think you're on safe ground for a very nice-looking mod. FWIW, I think a black R56 grill will look even better than black MCS honeycomb...although I'll be keeping the chrome m'self.
I am actually getting the honeycomb MCS grill for mine not blacking out the chrome grill.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:40 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Dory the Cooper
I am actually getting the honeycomb MCS grill for mine not blacking out the chrome grill.
Really?!?!?! Well that will look nice...very OEM!! OB is a good middle-tone color to add black or white trim pieces to. I do like the fact that the Cooper and MCS bonnet share more the same bonnet profile, unlike the first gen car. Honestly I still don't know why they insisted on putting a scoop in the R56 MCS...Minis don't have scoops for the most part. In any case, I say this because you'll have the best of both worlds....a nice looking black grill and no scoop (as Sir Alec intended)!!

Old 05-16-2008, 11:22 AM
mommashine
4th Gear
ATTN ALL!!!!! Wal-mart is carrying the Oxygen Blue (well, it says teal but I know better) Duck Tape!!! All surfaces in and around my home BEWARE!!!

Last edited by mommashine; 05-16-2008 at 11:22 AM. Reason: imma goob
Old 05-16-2008, 11:29 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mommashine
All surfaces in and around my home BEWARE!!!
Now you can silence your passengers in a manner befitting the style of your MINI!!!

Old 05-16-2008, 11:46 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now you can silence your passengers in a manner befitting the style of your MINI!!!
COOL!!!

Old 05-16-2008, 11:49 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
COOL!!! Hubby is already a Problem Child when we carpool.
I've come close to getting out of Molly and Be-Heading the person behind me...stopping to close to her bumper. Hubby gives them the stare and it usually works, but you know what they say about Boys and Their MONSTER Trucks..."if they had any Brains they wouldn't need to Monster Truck to stroke their EGO!!!

Old 05-16-2008, 01:26 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
"if they had any Brains they wouldn't need to Monster Truck to stroke their EGO!!!
If it's all the same to you, I....as a guy and MINI owner...will take that as a compliment!!!

Old 05-16-2008, 04:50 PM
Stu
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by CarolinaCooper
Excellent! Enjoy the boat ride over. I hope yours reports its position, so you can track it. Then, it's nail-biting time once it hits shore (well, not literally, I hope )!
So far no reports on the boats location. It's coming over in stealth mode...

Old 05-16-2008, 10:29 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Stu...don't worry Molly's Ship the TRIANON was the same way. I think I got a glimpse of her transversing the Panama Canal, but I can't be sure since it was at night. Anyway, there seem to be quite a few ships that do not report to any of the Voluntary Reporting Stations (or whatever they are called). If it is a WWW ship it may not report, but at least you have a time line on where it is.
Good Luck...the wait is so worth it. You will be amazed at how these little things creep into the deepest depths of your heart!!
Hubby can't wait for her to be done with the Break In Period, he wants to PLAY, we only have about 75mi. to go!!

Old 05-17-2008, 03:52 AM
Stu
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I saw my first Oxygen Blue MINI in the wild yesterday. It was looking good...

Old 05-17-2008, 05:05 AM
DanF
5th Gear
Really?!?!?! Well that will look nice...very OEM!! OB is a good middle-tone color to add black or white trim pieces to. I do like the fact that the Cooper and MCS bonnet share more the same bonnet profile, unlike the first gen car. Honestly I still don't know why they insisted on putting a scoop in the R56 MCS...Minis don't have scoops for the most part. In any case, I say this because you'll have the best of both worlds....a nice looking black grill and no scoop (as Sir Alec intended)!!
Only the JCW honeycomb grill will fit on the cooper. The MCS grill does not fit the cooper opening.

Old 05-17-2008, 05:14 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by DanF
Only the JCW honeycomb grill will fit on the cooper. The MCS grill does not fit the cooper opening.
This I did not know!! I'd really like to see pics when you're done...this will be a very unique and nice looking mod.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:26 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
If it's all the same to you, I....as a guy and MINI owner...will take that as a compliment!!!
Gokartride...I also had a MONSTER Truck...I know that's not the norm being a Girl, but if you PO'd me while driving I'd show you MY Grill!! I sold my '96 Silverado Extened Cab Stepside (inherited from My Mother) to buy our '01 Durango, which now sits in the drive way ONLY as a 2nd Car...since it was so difficult to get rid of my Husband's '99 S-10 Blaze I'm thinking it will have to be with us for a couple more years until Hubby can figure out what NEW Car he wants!!

Old 05-17-2008, 09:29 AM
Dory the Cooper
2nd Gear
This I did not know!! I'd really like to see pics when you're done...this will be a very unique and nice looking mod.
I can post pictures when I am all done! I am hoping to have new grill and trim by next week and now that I am done with school I have free time!

DanF I bought the JCW grill and it will fit on the non-s...I got it from outmotoring.

WOOT MY FIRST MOD!!! Any other easy mods I could do by myself? I want to get rid of the orange light on the side marker but I cant get that thing off! I like to see if I can do the mod first before actually buying anything.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:32 AM
Oxybluecoop
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
To remove the side scuttle(marker) you open the hood and push it forward and it will unsnap.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:37 AM
Dory the Cooper
2nd Gear
I guess I need to pump up some more to get those bad boys off!

Old 05-17-2008, 02:03 PM
DanF
5th Gear
DanF I bought the JCW grill and it will fit on the non-s...I got it from outmotoring.
That's right, there is a JCW grill that fits the non S Cooper nose. The MCS grill does not fit the Cooper nose. There is a right up about it in MINI2.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:41 PM
jessicasprouse
3rd Gear
Well, i know i havent posted here in a while, but i just wanted to say that, its official, I got accepted by this volunteer program I applied to a few months ago, and, I'M GOING TO CAMBODIA!!! I am being sent to aid in an orphanage for 7 months! I am leaving at the end of September. The only major downside to this is that I will probably have to sell my mini. But, in the end, people are more important, and I am willing to lose my mini if in return I can possibly improve the quality of atleast one person's life, if not more.

so, happy motoring to all!!

Old 05-18-2008, 03:52 AM
DanF
5th Gear
Originally Posted by jessicasprouse
Well, i know i havent posted here in a while, but i just wanted to say that, its official, I got accepted by this volunteer program I applied to a few months ago, and, I'M GOING TO CAMBODIA!!! I am being sent to aid in an orphanage for 7 months! I am leaving at the end of September. The only major downside to this is that I will probably have to sell my mini. But, in the end, people are more important, and I am willing to lose my mini if in return I can possibly improve the quality of atleast one person's life, if not more.

so, happy motoring to all!!
Well good luck on your mission. This sounds like it could be quite an experience for you and of course the people you are helping. When you return drop in and say hello and tell us about your mission.

Old 05-18-2008, 04:35 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Based on reliable eyewitness accounts there appears to have been one Oxygen Blue MINI at 2008's MOTD!! Anybody we know???

Old 05-18-2008, 05:29 PM
jessicasprouse
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DanF
Well good luck on your mission. This sounds like it could be quite an experience for you and of course the people you are helping. When you return drop in and say hello and tell us about your mission.
Thanks! and I am very excited about it. I will definately post on my experience when i get back, and write about the new mini i order when i get back. lol.....and dont worry, it will be another oxy blue! Wouldn't have it any other way!

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club