R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Stu
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Dang! So....the Oxygen Blue MINI delivered today at the dealer for a Saturday pick-up I have just found out is someone else's. They are trying to get it on a truck for tomorrow.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:41 AM
Stu
3rd Gear
Officially a member as of today...
Pictures of it as the dealer next to another OB Mini, and a couple at home:

Last edited by Stu; 05-31-2008 at 12:03 PM.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:43 AM
Stu
3rd Gear
Old 05-31-2008, 11:45 AM
Stu
3rd Gear
Last one...as you know great colour...changes with light, and it's modern and retro all at the same time:

Old 05-31-2008, 11:54 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Stu
Yeow....two in one pic!!!! That's weird!!!!

Old 05-31-2008, 12:22 PM
Stu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by gokartride
Yeow....two in one pic!!!! That's weird!!!!
The one on the left was the one that arrived the day before that they thought was ours at first. It had gone before we had left so the new owners (or should that be "parents"?) must have picked it up.

The last seven days I've see quite a few O2B MINI's. It was funny driving home, I was following in the Boxster, and suddenly all these MINI's surrounded us. I felt like the odd one out in some sort of Italian Job re-remake!

Old 05-31-2008, 07:08 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's DOUBLEY weird!! Very nice Stu...I'm envious of the Driving Lamps...I want to have those on Molly at some point. I reall like the Chrome Line Exterior too...I wasn't sure I would.

Old 05-31-2008, 07:50 PM
DanF
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stu
Last one...as you know great colour...changes with light, and it's modern and retro all at the same time:

Nice looking ride. Just curious, did you get the chrome exterior/ if you did does that only include lower grill chrome now? I noticed no chrome on your fog lights.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:04 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by DanF
I noticed no chrome on your fog lights.
Good catch!!! What's up w/ this...a mid '08 tweak???

Old 06-01-2008, 04:27 AM
Tennessee Cutty
2nd Gear
Hello all
New guy (and wife) here in SE Tennessee (where dial up is still king!) We just ordered our Oxy. Blue Cooper with white roof and white sport stripes yesterday! also got the Sport and Convenience packages and a few other doo-dads. Like the kids in that Disney commercial:"Were too excited to sleep!" Gonna be a long six weeks. Requsting membership in the club!
Thanks

Old 06-01-2008, 04:34 AM
Stu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DanF
Nice looking ride. Just curious, did you get the chrome exterior/ if you did does that only include lower grill chrome now? I noticed no chrome on your fog lights.
Ah, I'm glad to see everyone has eagle-eyes! I would expect nothing less.
We did not get the chromeline exterior package as personally we didn't like the chrome surrounds of the front fogs and we wanted white mirrors (not chrome). BUT, we did like the chrome lower grille - so I got onto the parts department at the dealer - it was $170 installed and I think it really finishes the front end off.

The driving lamps are chrome - just the covers are white:

Old 06-01-2008, 04:45 AM
Stu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Tennessee Cutty
Hello all
New guy (and wife) here in SE Tennessee (where dial up is still king!) We just ordered our Oxy. Blue Cooper with white roof and white sport stripes yesterday! also got the Sport and Convenience packages and a few other doo-dads. Like the kids in that Disney commercial:"Were too excited to sleep!" Gonna be a long six weeks. Requsting membership in the club!
Thanks
It's going to seem like a long 6 weeks! The MINI really is a fun car. I'vd driven a few MINIs in the past (both original and the last model) and this current generation is the best so far. Really well put together.

This is my other car trying to be one of the gang at the dealership yesterday

Old 06-01-2008, 05:00 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Gonna be a long six weeks.
Oh my, you ain't kiddin'. Waiting for a MINI tends to elicit some strange and unusual behavior....I'll loan you my night-vision goggles if you'd like.

Stu...very well done!!! You beat the configurator at it's own you-ification game!!!!

Old 06-01-2008, 05:06 AM
Stu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by gokartride
Stu...very well done!!! You beat the configurator at it's own you-ification game!!!!
Thanks mate! We are rather pleased the way it turned out - obviously bigger wheels would be nice - full leather - sports seats-etc etc. But you have to draw the line somewhere. As it was we got carried away and passed quite easily the $20k budget

Old 06-01-2008, 05:18 AM
DanF
5th Gear
Hello all
Thanks
Welcome to NAM and congratulations on your new purchase. The wait isn't too bad in fact tracking the build progress is part of the fun.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:20 AM
Tennessee Cutty
2nd Gear
Thanks for the welcome. Just went to miniusa.com and tried to get into the Owners Lounge with my Production number and it came up with a Lightning Blue Metallic Cooper instead of my Oxygen Blue Cooper. Tried several times with the same result. My Vehicle Inquiry Report from the dealer say A74 Oxygen Blue. Anybody else experience this?
Thanks

Old 06-01-2008, 06:24 AM
Stu
3rd Gear
Thanks for the welcome. Just went to miniusa.com and tried to get into the Owners Lounge with my Production number and it came up with a Lightning Blue Metallic Cooper instead of my Oxygen Blue Cooper. Tried several times with the same result. My Vehicle Inquiry Report from the dealer say A74 Oxygen Blue. Anybody else experience this?
Thanks
Don't panic - normally takes a couple of days for the Owners Lounge to catch up with all the details. Ours said it was red for a couple of days. Apparently the system just defaults the information until everything enters the system (or some such thing). Check again during the week, if it still has the wrong colour Wednesday I would give your sales guy a quick call to confirm.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:32 AM
Tennessee Cutty
2nd Gear
thanks stu, i will try to be patient!

Old 06-01-2008, 06:40 AM
Stu
3rd Gear
thanks stu, i will try to be patient!
The whole tracking business if fun - but equally frustrating! There is a thread that gives some good tips and links for tracking:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=70301

Old 06-01-2008, 06:57 AM
Tennessee Cutty
2nd Gear
Thanks for the link, I will check it out. So do any of you fine Oxygen Blue folks got one with a white roof and white sport stripes?

Old 06-01-2008, 07:24 AM
Stu
3rd Gear
Thanks for the link, I will check it out. So do any of you fine Oxygen Blue folks got one with a white roof and white sport stripes?
Scroll up the page, or look at "my gallery" - picked one up yesterday with the white roof and stripes

Old 06-01-2008, 07:48 AM
CarolinaCooper
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Stu
Ah, I'm glad to see everyone has eagle-eyes! I would expect nothing less.
We did not get the chromeline exterior package as personally we didn't like the chrome surrounds of the front fogs and we wanted white mirrors (not chrome). BUT, we did like the chrome lower grille - so I got onto the parts department at the dealer - it was $170 installed and I think it really finishes the front end off.

The driving lamps are chrome - just the covers are white:

Stu, your new baby looks great! Also love the lower cowl grill trim in chrome. Haven't ordered the part, yet, but definitely plan to now. The chrome driving lamps look good, too, and complete the look.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:28 AM
Stu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by CarolinaCooper
Stu, your new baby looks great! Also love the lower cowl grill trim in chrome. Haven't ordered the part, yet, but definitely plan to now. The chrome driving lamps look good, too, and complete the look.
Thanks! The part was $170 fitted (although that could be less that normal because it was new and they were prep-ing it already). You have the part number, correct?

I like the driving lamps covered with the white MINI caps and also 'naked'.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:31 AM
Stu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by CarolinaCooper

I was just looking at your gallery - firstly I love your Dad's S-Type - what a great looking car.

Secondly, I like your boot stripes...where did you get those from?

Old 06-01-2008, 08:38 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I DO Tennessee...check out my Gallery. They are Pr-Delivery pics. Molly has been an absolute JOY to own. She has become a beloved part of our Family!! You will see...the BUG has already bitten, but there is MORE to come. Congratulations on ordering one of the TRUE unique MIMIs!!

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club