R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Oxybluecoop
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks teal but probably a bad phone pic.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:11 PM
Satsloader
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
RE; my "teal" Mini, Yep, the camera used is an all in one device from Verizon used primarily to get and clear field service call data, a great device really, but I should state that the color mismatch probably has as much to do with me not figuring out the available camera options as does the device taking poor quality pics. Every pic I've taken of the Mini with this device has come out in that funky color, so I'll either read the manual, or brake out the real camera..

Bill in P.G.

Old 06-22-2008, 04:55 PM
EDN
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey!

My name is Ed, and I am a MINI-aholic.

I have my first ever MINI being built as I type!
Got my VIN today!

Drove Subarus for about 12 years. Say hello to $4 + gas!

Oscar is:

Oxy Blue/Wht top
Wht sport stripes
Rotator Spoke rims
6-sp man
MultiFunc Steering Whl
Brushed Aluminum
Blue Tooth/USB/iPOD
Xenon headlts
Fog Lhts Ft/Rr
HiFi

I am going nuts waiting! Ordered 5/23, though I did change mind on color several times, my MA was patient and helpful.

This site is so needed by a minaholic, I can finally breath normally again.

Since the first gen redesign, every time I saw a MINI, I would tell my wife things like "Man I really would love to pick that up and put it in my pocket" or some such thing. Bottom line, I admired longingly. My wife always said "No!".

Then on the night 5/22, I came home from work and the wifey said: "For your 50th (6/28), we could either invite all your relatives over that you can't stand and have a big party, or, we could go buy you one of those MINIs". Seconds later we were in the car to drive an hour to the dealer. The rest, as they say, is history.

I am very bad at exercising patience. This is the first car I have hand specified and ordered. So many choices!!!

Love looking at everyone's pictures, I will post mine when I get the little guy.

I want Patience Now!
Ed

Old 06-22-2008, 05:00 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EDN
we could either invite all your relatives over that you can't stand and have a big party, or, we could go buy you one of those MINIs". Seconds later we were in the car to drive an hour to the dealer.
Gotta love that girl!!!

Welcome Ed....yes, waiting for a MINI has been the unravelling of many of us, but overall I think we all agree it's been an improvement.

Old 06-22-2008, 05:09 PM
EDN
2nd Gear
[quote=gokartride;2318646]Gotta love that girl!!!

You bet I do! She is a jewel!

Back to the car:
I can actually see it in front of me w/ eyes wide open! Not that I am obsessive, or something, but my work and home PC desktop is the shot from the Configurator, and I printed it out too so I can look at it if my screen is covered with work stuff.

I am experiencing many "Mini Moments" when I just have an intense thought of the car, and take a deep breath and say, "it will be here soon".

I hope I keep it together long enough!!

Ed

Last edited by EDN; 06-22-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:58 PM
DanF
5th Gear
Welcome Ed.

Old 06-22-2008, 05:59 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by EDN
I hope I keep it together long enough!!
Ah, you won't, but then I've always felt a certain loss of sanity was a good thing overall. Once your MINI arrives you'll need some room for all those massive jolts of motoring euphoria which, for better or worse, are very, very real. MINIs outshine their hype by a vast measure.

My MA snuck me into the prep area to see my OB/W MINI the night before I was going to take delivery. I didn't sleep at all the rest of the night. That was over a year ago...the car is still amazing!!! And this after four years of motoring in my '03 Cooper!!!

Old 06-22-2008, 08:50 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the OB Obssession Mr. & Mrs. EDN!! The WAIT is a killer, but the 8 Weeks (Feb. 19th to Apr. 19th) will be well worth it. Watch the Clock, Check the Calendar, and for Goodness Sake keep yourself glued to the Internet until your New Baby Arrives!!

Old 06-23-2008, 12:30 PM
CarolinaCooper
4th Gear
Eight weeks, nine ... (2/21 - 4/25) But, hey who's counting? I went bonkers waiting for mine. Lovin' every minute with mine now ...

Ed, Welcome! And, hang in there!

Old 06-23-2008, 04:01 PM
EDN
2nd Gear
Thanks all!
I appreciate your support.

My new level of the affliction today:
- 2 calls to ASK-MINI to find out the prod status code, and the two folks said it has not been updated yet. Still 6/26 ETA.
- Passed (sloooowly) the first OxyBlue I have seen in my neck of the woods. Had White top and Bonnet stipes. Purty! Driven by an old-mid-life-crisis guy like me (though he did have hair, the bum).
- Keep seeing it when I close my eyes.

Its OK, I am not destructive to myself or others - yet!

Ed

Old 06-23-2008, 06:24 PM
Fuso
1st Gear
Hi, Another 02 Blue here.

I'm currently waiting for mine. It was discharged by WW to the VDC on Friday. My MA doesn't know where my MINI is right now. I'm waiting calmly for him to email me back to see if I can pick it up this week.

Since I was the one getting the car, I let my husband pick the color. It was the least I could do as he isn't going to get it drive it. He also picked the color on my Eagle Summit years ago and I loved that car. He's got good car color karma!

I actually have yet to see an 02 blue on the road here in the Baltimore area.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:06 PM
mommashine
4th Gear
i had the best convo's with ask mini... all us mini folks are equally hysterical until we receive our babies... they have the best job! just imagine what they get to hear all day...

welcome ed... to the forums AND to your new addiction...

Old 06-24-2008, 08:29 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mommashine
all us mini folks are equally hysterical until we receive our babies
I'd love to hear some of the stories they tell around the water cooler.....or find out what they tell folks on the first day of ASK-MINI operator training!!!

Old 06-24-2008, 09:52 AM
CarolinaCooper
4th Gear
Originally Posted by gokartride
I'd love to hear some of the stories they tell around the water cooler.....or find out what they tell folks on the first day of ASK-MINI operator training!!!
Yeah, probably something like, "Get ready to talk to the biggest population in the country needing haldol."

Old 06-24-2008, 04:24 PM
DanF
5th Gear
I never actually talked to a person at ASK MINI. I always just said my VIN and listened to the recording. It seemed reasonably accurate, much more so than the web site. I also tracked the ship across the ocean to the port. Once it reached port I gave it a few days then called my MA. It arrived at my dealer a few days after that.

In all it was just over 5 weeks. Not bad but I do live on the east coast. It seems the biggest hold up can be waiting for a ship in the UK. I think mine spent about a week waiting at the port in the UK to be shipped.

Old 06-24-2008, 05:00 PM
CarolinaCooper
4th Gear
Originally Posted by DanF
I never actually talked to a person at ASK MINI. I always just said my VIN and listened to the recording. It seemed reasonably accurate, much more so than the web site. I also tracked the ship across the ocean to the port. Once it reached port I gave it a few days then called my MA. It arrived at my dealer a few days after that.

In all it was just over 5 weeks. Not bad but I do live on the east coast. It seems the biggest hold up can be waiting for a ship in the UK. I think mine spent about a week waiting at the port in the UK to be shipped.
No live person? Whoa! I bugged the cr@$ out of them, calling at least once a day. Each person was very nice, although I got conflicting information. My ship wasn't with the W&W, so it never reported. That was a tough week. All seems like eons ago now. Now my new obsession is researching figuring out what kind of mods I can afford. Haven't had a car payment for more than 10 years ... Not the case now.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:45 PM
Fuso
1st Gear
I didn't talk to a live person either. From the time I submitted my order to getting a production number and a build date went pretty fast. It even got on the boat the day after it was completed.

The hard part or do I dare say annoying part is the lack of information from the time it hit NY/NJ. All sources are are inaccurate. The recorded voice tells me it still waiting for a vessel, the WW site says it was discharged and my MA won't commit to anything at all. But he did say today that it has a trucking date for June 27th. I don't want to get my hopes up to be dissapointed if it doesn't happen this weekend.

But my fingers and toes are crossed anyway.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:33 AM
Fuso
1st Gear
After 5pm today, I'll officially be an OB Mini owner!!!!!!

OB owners rock!

Old 06-27-2008, 11:51 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Fuso

Old 06-27-2008, 11:56 AM
DanF
5th Gear

OB owners rock!
Well I bet you are going to have a fun weekend!

Old 06-27-2008, 12:04 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Every time a MINI is delivered, an angel gets it's wings.

Or visa versa.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:17 PM
Uncle_John
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gokartride
Every time a MINI is delivered, an angel gets it's wings.

Or visa versa.
I think it's, "Every time a MINI is delivered, an angel get a little piece of chicken fried bacon." Could be wrong, but that's been my experience . . .

Old 06-27-2008, 12:30 PM
Fuso
1st Gear
Originally Posted by DanF
Well I bet you are going to have a fun weekend!
Thanks, Dan!
We're actually leaving tomorrow for Rhode Island (I'm in Baltimore) and then on to western Mass. then on to Seneca Falls, NY and returning to B"more the following July 5th.

I know, I know the break in period, be careful.

We've always liked road trips but this one should be especially fun. Our chosen routes will definately influenced by the MINI.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:00 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
It feels like FOREVER before I will be able to make that statement, but (BUT) I find myself really happy for you! (Is that a MINI thing, or am I sick?)

Have a GREAT weekend!

Old 06-27-2008, 11:00 PM
Satsloader
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
DanF previously said "I never actually talked to a person at ASKMINI".

I never called ASKMINI either, which proves I'm not afflicted with OCD.

Really, I'm not.

However I am most likely disqualified from joining a support group somewhere on this site.

I can say that I never had a color on a car I previously owned stroke my ego quite like this color does. I mean, audible responses from adoring fans, as in "I love that color", or "Bitchin car man" ( Santa Cruz ) repeating daily? It's almost as good as coffee.

I sometimes think Mini doesn't quite yet know that they've created an instant classic with this color. Their decision to exclude it from the MCS is our ( OB owner's ) good fortune.

Motor on..

Bill in P.G.

Last edited by Satsloader; 06-28-2008 at 12:40 AM.

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club