R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 06:47 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Uncle_John
Estella's is gonna go crazy!
Crazy-er...if that's possible!!!!

Old 05-24-2007, 11:31 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Okay.....I've officially got another Oxygen Blue MINI!!

Old 05-24-2007, 11:43 AM
Uncle_John
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is so cool. Who delivered it? I assume Ernestine is still at training . . .

Old 05-24-2007, 01:16 PM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
WTG gokartride!!

It's ok you think your color is the best. We of the NFR Coopers are not threatened at all by this. And there are only 5 of us on NAM. How you guys doing?

I would imagine Ernestine delivered it. She delivered mine last week. She even mentioned gokartride. In a nice way, of course,

Of course, your post means diddly-squat until you post some pics!!!

Old 05-24-2007, 01:46 PM
AndyCoop
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats!! gokartride - Your long wait is over - And why are you sitting at your computer?!?! You should be out MOTORING!!

Old 05-24-2007, 02:11 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by AndyCoop
You should be out MOTORING!!
Well actually I decided to take a nap!!! Why? Because I unwisely drove by the dealer last night when I thought they would be closed...and Neil was there. "Wanna see your MINI?" he innocently asked. Well, w/o thinking I said "yes"!!! Bad move. Yup, I got a sneak peek....but the sheer excitement was enough to keep me up half the night!!!! Be forewarned...you would-be MINI owners...this fate could befall be you!!!!!!! Anyway with a few hours sleep (I'm off today) and a line of t-shorms going through (yes, hail was mentioned) I decided to park it for a bit....both the MINI and myself. Soon, however, motoring shall commence!!!!!

Oh and Skuz...in the confines of this thread alone I shall vent my full and unbridled passion for the MINI color that has haunted me over the past several years, only now to dawn with luminant rays in the Cooper firmament....for this thread alone is the inner sanctum of Oxygen Blue devotion. But have no fear...outside these confines I promise I will give all MINI colors their rightful due. The MINI pantheon is truly a diverse one...and if I wanted to pull off sultry, another color would get my vote.

BTW, MAs must get some perverse pleasure out of all this.

Last edited by gokartride; 05-24-2007 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:14 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
I assume Ernestine is still at training . . .
She got back early...don't ask me how!!! Actually, she came in to deliver my MINI and was going to go immediately home to crash. Anyway, what happened is that we saved the clear bra for maybe tomorrow. Otherwise I would not be picking it up til Saturday or even Monday!!! I theoretically would have been fine with that...in practice I buckled under the pressure. I am so weak.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:50 PM
mommashine
4th Gear
gokart... where r ur pics? i'm getting concerned... lol..

Old 05-24-2007, 02:56 PM
Uncle_John
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gokartride
...in practice I buckled under the pressure. I am so weak.
Like I'm so strong - I can't go do a test drive on a saturday morning without buying one . . .

Old 05-24-2007, 03:02 PM
1QukMINI
6th Gear
d best.

Yay! Indi Blue is the best! I love this thread! (Oops. This is the Oxygen Blue thread. I mean, Yay, Oxygen Blue is the best!) (Not really, I like my Indi, but my wife LOVES the O2B, and the color may have convinced here she really NEEDS a MINI now!)
jason

Last edited by 1QukMINI; 05-24-2007 at 03:03 PM. Reason: I am a spelling machine!
Old 05-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
Hehe, I know I trundled where no NFR has gone before gokartride. It is the spirit of adventure that dwells in all Mini owners which pushes us to do and say the silliest things.

Of course this is the OB thread and I will humbly honor that. OB was my second choice. I had both chips side-by-side when I did the proverbial coin (chip) toss and picked the one that landed face up.

Congrats on you new baby! And I dunt(tm) blame ya for not taking her out today. I left the office early to get Romi safe into the confines of the garage.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:11 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mommashine
i'm getting concerned... lol..
Justifiably!!! No there will be no pics for awhile I'm afraid...very sorry about that. My camera is in Australia (w/ my yougest son) and my cunning plan to borrow one from work failed because........I simply forgot to bring it home. I could go out and get a camera of some sort but I got my eye on a MINI alarm in July and my eldest son (in grad school) just called for an infusion of cash.

Not to worry....it's just a plain ol' run-of-the-mill OB/W w/o chrome in or out, a spoiler, 15" rotator spoke wheels, front and rear fogs, cloth sport seats, DSC, and all the english oak bits inside. I was worried about english oak w/ the standard black interior, but it looks amazing and not too over-the-top. I like subtle and the standard silver interior trim still retains a softer look than the chrome would which is what I was after. This car is an utter blast to motor in!!!

It is the only OB around these parts!!!

Old 05-24-2007, 05:13 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Like I'm so strong - I can't go do a test drive on a saturday morning without buying one . . .
Ahh....very good point!!! That was fun!!!!

Old 05-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Uncle_John
6th Gear
Ahh....very good point!!! That was fun!!!!
You are SUCH a bad influence . . .

Old 05-24-2007, 08:26 PM
mommashine
4th Gear
*sigh*

actually, u may have one of the ONLY o2b's with the english woody interior.... I've been floatin over other places n I haven't heard of neone with an o2b/woody..... wait that came out wrong.... lol..... i've seen plenty of those.... lol....

Old 05-24-2007, 08:46 PM
AndyCoop
3rd Gear
lol...woody....

Old 05-24-2007, 10:41 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Justifiably!!! No there will be no pics for awhile I'm afraid...very sorry about that. My camera is in Australia (w/ my yougest son) and my cunning plan to borrow one from work failed because........I simply forgot to bring it home. I could go out and get a camera of some sort but I got my eye on a MINI alarm in July and my eldest son (in grad school) just called for an infusion of cash.
No pix!!??? WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO PIX!!???!! You've been leading us on for weeks (felt like months), and now you have no pix to share?? Get out there and borrow a digital camera from SOMEBODY!! Hurry! :impatient We want to see the oaken bits!

Old 05-25-2007, 02:55 AM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
Hey gokartride, PM me and I'll be happy to meet up and you can use my digital camera this weekend.

Old 05-25-2007, 04:34 AM
doodlez
5th Gear
Justifiably!!! No there will be no pics for awhile I'm afraid...very sorry about that.
Blasphemy!!! We are all yearning to have a look at your brand new gleaming wood...I mean your MINI's wood...I mean - you know what I mean.

Seriously, I still have yet to see an OB in person (I've only seen one R56 at all so far), and I love seeing more and more pictures of them!

Old 05-25-2007, 05:25 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIclo
No pix!!??? WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO PIX!!???!!
Originally Posted by doodlez
Blasphemy!!!
Perhaps I should reconsider my initial comment about the availability of pics!!!

Thanks for the offer Skuzster...things may get nasty 'round here, so maybe a procurement is in order after all!!!

Old 05-25-2007, 08:20 AM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
It would be neat if we could get an OB and NFR picture together.

Weather supposed to be bad tomorrow. Maybe Sunday?

Or we could meet at Moritz.

Old 05-25-2007, 11:15 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Skuzzy
Weather supposed to be bad tomorrow.
I'm free, but the weather looks flakey for the next week!!! Not to worry...I'll try to remember to borrow a camera from work on Tuesday. However, if ya want to meet up I'm in!!

Old 05-25-2007, 11:27 AM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
I dunno if I can wait until Tuesday to see your car. And I have yet to see an OB Mini in person. Wanna play by it by ear? See what the weather may be doing.

Old 05-25-2007, 11:33 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Skuzzy
I dunno if I can wait until Tuesday to see your car. And I have yet to see an OB Mini in person. Wanna play by it by ear? See what the weather may be doing.
No problem....I've got a long weekend and no plans whatsoever!!! I'm free just about any time.

Old 05-25-2007, 11:52 AM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
Cool. Want to check the weather in the morning? If it is going to rain in the afternoon, we can meet early. If it is going to rain in the morning, we can meet in the afternoon.

It is not supposed to rain all day.

When I get off work today, I am off until 6/4. WOOOHOOO!!! I had planned on replacing my speakers this weekend, but the weather is not going to cooperate. Even though I have a garage, I cannot stand working in the humidity when it is raining.

Last edited by Skuzzy; 05-25-2007 at 11:54 AM.

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club