R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 05:12 AM
oblue08
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sport Exhaust Tip

Hello everyone,
I ordered a Oxy Blue MC 08, sight unseen, she's enroute. The waiting is killing me.
I noticed in the picture above that the exhaust is chrome. Is this the OEM exhaust? or one need to order the Sport Exhaust Tip as an extra. Can the OEM tip be replaced later?

Last edited by oblue08; 07-31-2008 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Delete link to picture
Old 07-29-2008, 12:55 PM
Stu
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Ours is chrome too - this is stock. To be honest I was impressed with it - I don't know how the Sports Exhaust Tip is different but the standard one is good in my opinion

Old 07-29-2008, 06:39 PM
extremevalues
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Mirrim
Took delivery of Mae (after my dear, departed grandmother, Minnie Mae) today, at long last! Here's a teaser photo until I manage to take more and put them in the gallery.

Such a fun afternoon and evening. We're motoring... wheeeeee!

Congrats on Mae! She's a beauty! Oxy Blue looks so nice in photos! It was my second favorite color after MY. I've never actually seen one, but my husband works with a guy who has one. Guess I should scoot over there and visit!

Old 07-31-2008, 10:30 AM
oblue08
Neutral
Originally Posted by Stu
Ours is chrome too - this is stock. To be honest I was impressed with it - I don't know how the Sports Exhaust Tip is different but the standard one is good in my opinion
Thank you Stu, I didn't know what the stock exhaust look like. Just saw picture of the stock exhaust from another thread and I like it. No need to get the Sport Exhaust Tip.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:26 PM
minimo56
1st Gear
I got my Production number today for my Oxygen Blue Mini Cooper!!! This waiting is driving me crazy! I swear I have never experienced anything quite like this. My family thinks I've flipped my lid. All i do is talk about this car! I am driving them nuts! I still can't decide on my roof color. I keep pouring over everyone's pictures here. I originally ordered white, then changed to black but now I am leaning towards white with the chrome exterior. What's a girl to do??

Old 08-01-2008, 08:34 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by minimo56
What's a girl to do??
I think it winds up being a "the more the suffering, the greater the reward" kinda thing.

Tough call on the roof....I "had" to get a white one, but you've picked a body color that looks great with both white, black, or even body color!!! I wanted my car to have a full-on classic look, so that's why I chose white w/ English Oak trim inside.

As for family and friends....they ain't seen nothing yet. That last week is pretty intense!!!!

Old 08-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Oxybluecoop
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Unfortunately the English Oak is no longer offered as I tried to order it with my JCW and found out the bad news.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:00 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by OXYBLUECOOP
Unfortunately the English Oak is no longer offered
I did not know that!!! Oh well, lots of very cool options still available!!!

Old 08-02-2008, 03:18 AM
Fuso
1st Gear
Isn't it fun!

I got my Production number today for my Oxygen Blue Mini Cooper!!! This waiting is driving me crazy! I swear I have never experienced anything quite like this. My family thinks I've flipped my lid. All i do is talk about this car! I am driving them nuts! I still can't decide on my roof color. I keep pouring over everyone's pictures here. I originally ordered white, then changed to black but now I am leaning towards white with the chrome exterior. What's a girl to do??
I've had mine for about a month now. 3K miles on it.

My husband wanted black roof, but I ordered the white roof/mirror caps. Its my car after all. I got the white, because light colors show less dirt. I love, love, love the OB/white. Its unique in the parking lot. I've got a couple of photos in the gallery if your interested in see my white roof.

Old 08-02-2008, 06:18 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Okay...in light of the English Oak bombshell I will now go on record as saying that if I had to do it all over tomorrow (in the absence of EO), I'd either go with a checkerboard dash/mirror caps.............or............... go all OB all the way and do the awesome black/OB checkerboard thing on the roof. As it is...I'm very happy with what I have, but these other options could work for me, too.

Old 08-02-2008, 07:19 AM
sbaker
3rd Gear
I was lurking in the PW Clubman Forum and noticed a picture that was posted. Since the photo was posted by Uncle John I think the Oxy Blue beauty probably belongs to our very own gokartride.

Old 08-02-2008, 07:24 AM
sbaker
3rd Gear
Unfortunately the English Oak is no longer offered as I tried to order it with my JCW and found out the bad news.
Actually, I believe you can still get English Oak with the "regular" hardtops. It's just not offered for the JCW.

Old 08-02-2008, 08:57 AM
Tennessee Cutty
2nd Gear
I say white roof and chrome exterior. See my gallery

Old 08-02-2008, 09:03 AM
Fuso
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Tennessee Cutty
I have to admit I really really like this combo!

Old 08-02-2008, 10:00 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sbaker
the Oxy Blue beauty probably belongs to our very own gokartride.
Yes...I run with those lunatics. This trip involved an all-day quest for chicken-fried bacon.

Originally Posted by sbaker
Actually, I believe you can still get English Oak with the "regular" hardtops.
Whew.....loss of English Oak would have been sad.

Old 08-02-2008, 10:12 AM
Oxybluecoop
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just passed 40k after a 150 mile cruise today with not so much as a squeaky dash to complain about.This 2nd gen Cooper is a real trooper! MINI hasn't lost their touch!

Old 08-02-2008, 10:21 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
This 2nd gen Cooper is a real trooper! MINI hasn't lost their touch!
I agree 100%!!

Old 08-05-2008, 05:24 PM
EDN
2nd Gear
Hi Minimo56,

It is OK, you will get better, I promise you.

For I have walked the shadowy path of angst and uncertainty that you are now plodding down.

Let it out - better out than in - these forums helped keep my sanity when all others had had enough of me.

It is sort of like the old TV show Kung Foo, when grasshopper must carry the scalding iron pot between his bare forearms before he could become a butterfly (or whatever).

Yeah, waiting for your MINI is like that time with burning forearms.

The good news is - YOU WILL LOVE YOU MINI when it comes.

Patience Grasshopper Patience,
Ed

Old 08-05-2008, 05:31 PM
EDN
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Tennessee Cutty
Hey Tennessee - I have been away motoring for a while. Actually my 8 yr old Grandson came to stay with us the day after I picked up Oscar. I had my hands full, but lots of driving. !1300 miles. 36.5 MPG ave!

I added some pics in gallery - I play drums and on a whim, I wanted to see if Oscar could carry the whole set.

He does - see Gallery.

Beyond awsome is this automobile!

BTW: the sport stripes just sing to me - I could not have a MINI w/o them!

Motor on!

Old 08-05-2008, 05:35 PM
EDN
2nd Gear
opps

Old 08-05-2008, 05:54 PM
minimo56
1st Gear
Tennessee- I did order the white roof and the exterior chrome. Love your pictures!! I didn't order the sport stripes, although I love the look of them. I am hoping my car will be here first or second week of October....counting the days!

Old 08-05-2008, 06:00 PM
minimo56
1st Gear
EDN- I used to think that patience was one of my strong suits. I am learning differently over this doggone car!! I am just trying to enjoy the process. The ordering has been fun. So much better than choosing a car off the lot.

I can't believe you got all those drums in the back of your mini! That's a riot!!

Old 08-06-2008, 07:52 PM
EDN
2nd Gear
minimo56,
I Knew I did not have patience going into the deal! Man did I suffer.

It was the first car I ordered too - Did you read the thread on tracking your mini? The 1- 888 (or is it 800?) - Ask - Mini phone number referenced in that thread is much more up to date than the web site when your car is in production. I was calling once if not twice a day. After production, I was tracking the boat via a GPS boat tracking web site. That was very much fun. I could anguish about the next storm at sea and the wave height and so forth.

The worst part of the process was the dark period after the boat landed and my Oscar was at the receiving plant at the dock. For a week and a couple days I KNEW NOTHING.
That was the worst.

I am sooo glaaaad I ordered my mini as I wanted it - the wait was definitely worth it!

How long is your wait time from order to production?

I really did not expect the drums to fit (back up plan is wife's Forester); we are blessed with a magical car - small on outside, big on inside. Amazing really.

Peace,
Ed

Last edited by EDN; 08-06-2008 at 08:04 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:22 AM
Lindy57
Neutral
Hi everyone. I'm new here today. Seems like a great place! I ordered my first mini yesterday. Oxy Blue w/ black. I ordered a 2009 but the agent just called and asked if I wanted a 2008 in which case I could have it delivered in 3-4 weeks vs 10 weeks. What do you all think? I hadn't even considered the 2008 model so I have no basis for comparison.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:42 AM
CarolinaCooper
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Lindy57
Hi everyone. I'm new here today. Seems like a great place! I ordered my first mini yesterday. Oxy Blue w/ black. I ordered a 2009 but the agent just called and asked if I wanted a 2008 in which case I could have it delivered in 3-4 weeks vs 10 weeks. What do you all think? I hadn't even considered the 2008 model so I have no basis for comparison.
For the wait difference, my personal preference would be to wait for the 2009. A six-week differential to get a newer year model seems logical.

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club