R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 05:29 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oxyblue11
I just installed a black and white checkered dash on mine and it looks even better in person! I'll have to post a pic soon.
Cool!

I wanted to have it installed when I ordered but the $ kept me at bay. How was it to install? I think it would look great with the O2B and the Mellow Yellow color line. Look forward to seeing your pics.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:58 PM
Oxybluecoop
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The driver's side pops right off.The passenger side has two screws on the inside of the secret door.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:00 PM
Analogeezer
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by sbmini
G'day everyone, just thought I'd post a pic of my '07 Mini Cooper Chilli. It's my second MINI and I fell in love with the colour as soon as I saw it. Very retro I think. I've been told it's the only Oxygen blue example so far in Western Australia!
Looks great but what's up with the steering wheel being on the wrong side?

Welcome to the club, I'll be posting pix of ours (well actually it's my wife's car but she doesn't do car forums) this weekend.

Pretty basic OB/White combo but I did add some UJ side scuttles and rearview cap for a bit of flair.

I also ordered white turn signals, HUGE difference with OB, just MHO but I think the orange ones kinda clash....

Analogeezer

Old 10-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Analogeezer
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Romo
Okay, I'm definitely leaning toward the 02B. Now I need to decide: sunroof or no, black roof and stripes or white roof and stripes (I like the sport stripes), interior colors and seats. Just minor decisions, you know. I enjoy the sunroof on my current car but, man, mini people seem to complain about them a lot! I want comfortable seats, because of some back issues, but I don't know that the more expensive seats are the more comfortable--I need to do more seat comparisons. Black versus white trim--they both look awesome. Any thoughts, suggestions, comments, encouragement, ridicule?

Thanks!

Romo
If you go with the sunroof, get a black roof/mirrors, otherwise getting a white roof is kinda wasted as most of the roof is black with the sunroof.

I've been very surprised by the stock seats, VERY comfortable, but I have no experience with the sports seats, I just didn't like the "middle ridge" in the seat bottom that seams to have become so prevalent these days (see RX-8, 350Z, etc.).

One thing I noticed with the seats is it pays to move the tilt/telescope wheel (I didn't even realized it telescoped until I got the car home!) around, along with playing with the seat height to find the sweet spot, if your arms and legs are positioned right for you it makes the seats a lot more comfortable.

Analogeezer

Old 10-16-2008, 06:09 PM
Analogeezer
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by DanF
What is a gulf racing package?
OB is sort of close (but much darker) than the classic light blue/orange livery used on Ford GT-40 and Porsche 917 racing cars in the 1960's and 70's. Think OB but lighter with orange stripes bordered in black.

Sort of like THIS:

http://www.a2zracergear.com/porsche-...ds-hatch-.html

Gulf Oil gas stations in the 60's/70's used that color scheme so the racing cars they sponsored used it too.

FWIW, OB is very close to a classic Porsche 911 color used in the 70's (Mexico Blue?) and there are also some BMW M3 hues that are close to OB.

Analogeezer

Old 10-16-2008, 06:25 PM
Analogeezer
2nd Gear
Found a Relative of Oxygen Blue!

Looks like I was right, Porsche Mexico Blue:

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/your_g...ars/4376.shtml

http://www.tonygarcia.org/914/1.jpg

It's a brighter color but still in the same general style, not bad company eh?

There is a BMW color I can't find at the moment but it's really close to OB as well.

Seems to me the German/BMW influence on paint codes is there with the MINI, especially in OB.

Analogeezer

Old 10-16-2008, 06:40 PM
Oxybluecoop
6th Gear
That 914 in the second pic is Olympic Blue.Best color for that model IMO.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:31 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The guys at MororingFile caught this shot at 2008's MINI United.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:47 AM
Romo
2nd Gear
I like the O2B because it reminds me of the color of my first car--a '74 Karmann Ghia. Brings back memories...

Romo

Old 10-17-2008, 03:18 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Well, don't hate me for this, but with respect to the picture above, just 'cuz it can be done, it doesn't mean it should be done. Give me my 'plain' Oxygen Blue anyday...

Old 10-17-2008, 06:59 PM
sbaker
3rd Gear
Well guys, you have been great! It is with some sadness, but also much joy, that I tell you I can no longer be a member of the Oxygen Blue Owner's Club. My husband (the most wonderful man in the world!) surprised me with a Pepper White Clubman!!! Blue Belle was traded in today and we brought Casper home.
While I do feel that Pepper White does not have the same pizazz as Oxygen Blue, I do have to say that the Clubman ROCKS! If they could make the Clubby in Oxy Blue it would truly be THE perfect car.

Here's Blue Belle and Casper together:

Now I just have to change my siggy.....

Old 10-17-2008, 07:11 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
At least it still matches your airplane...sorta.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:16 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by tedswoods
Well, don't hate me for this, but with respect to the picture above, just 'cuz it can be done, it doesn't mean it should be done. Give me my 'plain' Oxygen Blue anyday...
Well, I agree...yet, I have seen at least two MINIs wearing the Porsche/Gulf livery. It's an odd connection (Porsche/MINI) especially relevant as OB was inspired in some way by the Porsche color scheme. In any case, the pic was taken in Europe and we all know they do crazy stuff over there!!

Old 10-17-2008, 07:38 PM
annasassy86
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by sbaker
Well guys, you have been great! It is with some sadness, but also much joy, that I tell you I can no longer be a member of the Oxygen Blue Owner's Club. My husband (the most wonderful man in the world!) surprised me with a Pepper White Clubman!!! Blue Belle was traded in today and we brought Casper home.
While I do feel that Pepper White does not have the same pizazz as Oxygen Blue, I do have to say that the Clubman ROCKS! If they could make the Clubby in Oxy Blue it would truly be THE perfect car.

aww one less O2B in waco i'll be on the lookout for casper! that's so exciting! and i'm sure it makes it easier to get the kids in and out! congrats!! you'll still be an O2B member in spirit!

Old 10-17-2008, 10:16 PM
sbmini
Neutral
Right hand drive

Originally Posted by Analogeezer
Looks great but what's up with the steering wheel being on the wrong side?

Welcome to the club, I'll be posting pix of ours (well actually it's my wife's car but she doesn't do car forums) this weekend.

Pretty basic OB/White combo but I did add some UJ side scuttles and rearview cap for a bit of flair.

I also ordered white turn signals, HUGE difference with OB, just MHO but I think the orange ones kinda clash....

Analogeezer
It's true we're an odd bunch over here :P. I love the white indicator lenses with the OB too. Hadn't thought about changing the mirror cap - then again poor Rupert attracts too much unwanted attention as it! Might be off topic, but can anyone recommend best way to remove small scratch in roof paint? :(. Some small children through a rock at it! I should have run them down, but I just finished waxing and polish! :P

Old 10-18-2008, 09:12 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sbaker

Well...at least you didn't LEAVE the MINI Family all together!!

Old 10-18-2008, 04:31 PM
Romo
2nd Gear
tedswoods rocks!

Okay, I just had the most awesome day (except for encountering this crazy woman with road rage at the airport, but that's another story...). Tedswoods, his "better half" and, perhaps most importantly, Ted herself, drove 3 1/2 hours today to meet me (a total stranger) so I could see what an oxygen blue mini looks like in person. I'm happy to report that the photos are nothing compared to seeing the real thing. As soon as I make a decision about the interior, I will be placing my order for an O2B mini and officially joining the club! I am a happy puppy!

Romo

Old 10-18-2008, 05:00 PM
annasassy86
2nd Gear
Okay, I just had the most awesome day (except for encountering this crazy woman with road rage at the airport, but that's another story...). Tedswoods, his "better half" and, perhaps most importantly, Ted herself, drove 3 1/2 hours today to meet me (a total stranger) so I could see what an oxygen blue mini looks like in person. I'm happy to report that the photos are nothing compared to seeing the real thing. As soon as I make a decision about the interior, I will be placing my order for an O2B mini and officially joining the club! I am a happy puppy!

Romo
what a dedicated O2B owner! so glad you made you the right choice!!

Old 10-18-2008, 06:44 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
I am a happy puppy!
Hooray!!!!!

drove 3 1/2 hours today to meet me.
Glad to see OB owners are just as big lunatics as the rest of MINIdom!!!

Old 10-19-2008, 09:00 PM
Analogeezer
2nd Gear

Romo
WOW, that's awesome, and glad you are joining the OB bunch....I'll be posting our pix in a second....

Analogeezer

Old 10-19-2008, 09:04 PM
Analogeezer
2nd Gear
FINALLY - Officially Joining the OB Club

I picked up our OB MINI on Monday, took until today to upload some pix.....only 220 miles so far but I'm digging the ride!

Analogeezer

Attached Thumbnails Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club-mini-full.jpg   Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club-mini-front-3-quarter.jpg   Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club-mini-pax-int.jpg  
Old 10-19-2008, 09:06 PM
Oxybluecoop
6th Gear
Looks great!

Old 10-19-2008, 09:06 PM
Analogeezer
2nd Gear
Here are a couple of shots for "perspective"

I took pix of our car across the street from a store I went to...at a Ford dealer.

There was an EXCURSION in the parking lot, just could not resist

Analogeezer

Attached Thumbnails Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club-mini-excursion-side.jpg   Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club-mini-exursion-back.jpg  
Old 10-19-2008, 09:12 PM
annasassy86
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Analogeezer
I picked up our OB MINI on Monday, took until today to upload some pix.....only 220 miles so far but I'm digging the ride!

Analogeezer
is it your camera or did they change the color of O2B??

Old 10-19-2008, 09:20 PM
Analogeezer
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by annasassy86
is it your camera or did they change the color of O2B??
The light was low, so I "brightened" the pix (like 10% but that is all I didi) but in bright sunlight that's how it looks.

I don't think they changed OB, it's just a complex color that looks very different based on the light.

ALL the OB pix I grabbed from owners in this thread (while I was waiting for delivery) are different, especially if the sun angle is low.

I guess you would say a camera can't really capture it right and most people think it looks WAYYYY better in person than in pictures.

Analogeezer

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club