R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 09:54 AM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by wannab drivin
Hi guys. I just completed my order for an '09 Oxygen Blue/White Coupe. My sales guy said I'm in for week 48. I'm awaiting the prod # shortly. So I should have it by Christmas if things go smoothly.
Now to try to hold off obsessing...
Might as well obsess... you're just delaying the inevitable.

BTW, what are the details of your OB/W MINI?

Thanks Romo!
So, I think I've read here that it's "normal" for the tracking info in the Owner's Lounge to be completely wrong initially?
Yeah, ours originally said it was Sparkling Silver.

Old 11-18-2008, 03:02 PM
wannab drivin
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blainestang
Might as well obsess... you're just delaying the inevitable.

BTW, what are the details of your OB/W MINI?
Happy to oblige!
Bonnet stripes, Premium, Cold weather, sports seats with Tuscan leather, cream line/English Oak, front and rear fog lights (which I don't think are going to be terribly useful, but I don't like the empty switch holes) std 15" w/ all seasons.

Old 11-18-2008, 03:34 PM
DanF
5th Gear
Happy to oblige!
Bonnet stripes, Premium, Cold weather, sports seats with Tuscan leather, cream line/English Oak, front and rear fog lights (which I don't think are going to be terribly useful, but I don't like the empty switch holes) std 15" w/ all seasons.
After you have your car you will have to watch out for all the club rides in the New England area if you are interested in that sort of thing. Most of the rides are usually announced in the MINI2 forum under USA/northeast section.

Old 11-18-2008, 03:39 PM
wannab drivin
3rd Gear
That might be fun to check out, and it will give me an excuse to drive. I typically only put on 5,000-7,000/year. I'm worried about how long it's going to take to get through the break in period!

Old 11-18-2008, 06:11 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Now, anyone have any knowledge of the boot box? Specifically the hard one that creates a flat surface when the back seats are down? It's pricey ($236 online) but I want it for my dog when he travels.
Welcome wannab! As you can see, you've got plenty of enthusiastic company! I don't know what size dog you have, but our dog (ted) likes the set-up shown in post #11 of the thread in my signature file (can't figure out how to attach it since I've already used it once). It's not a pre-fab thing. There's a little dog hair 'cuz, well...she's a dog. But it seems she's awfully comfortable and can stay close to the A/C (which she's grown to like).

As for those 5,000 to 7,000 miles a year, I gotta wonder. I bet once you start driving your MINI (nicely outfitted, I might add) on all those New England adventures, you'll be putting a lot more miles on it than that. I've got a little over 7,000 on mine (ted's) now and I've (ted's) only had it since the end of August...

Old 11-18-2008, 06:54 PM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Happy to oblige!
Very nice!

The Tuscan Beige goes nicely with the Oxygen Blue

Which wheels? Spoolers or Rotators?

Old 11-19-2008, 04:00 AM
wannab drivin
3rd Gear
I ordered the spoolers, but actually am considering changing to the spoke. I think I like the look better.
My original choice was a Clubman. I love the BRG, but would rather have put the $500 toward upgrades instead of paint. When I last minute changed to the MC, I knew it was the Oxy Blue and am hoping the Tuscan Beige interior looks as good as it would have with the BRG. Other than the wheels, I have no reservations about what I ordered.

But...I have been building the things since August!

Edit: Ted looks mighty comfortable. I have a small-ish Golden; about 65 pounds or so. He sheds. Maybe I'll try a bed/quilt thing and a pillow in the compartment thing to see how it works. He's young and not very fussy. yet.

Last edited by wannab drivin; 11-19-2008 at 05:25 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:23 AM
LindaPD
2nd Gear

Welcome to the club, wannab drivin! In spite of the obsession involved, I think ordering a car this way is the best. It was especially fun following the progress on the seas. And I, too, found out the information posted on MINIUSA can be several days behind.

I have a 9 lb. poodle mix (no shedding-lucky me!) and took her in the Mini last week with the back seats down and a towel on top. I didn't like the lack of safety factor and prefer to leave the seats up with a towel over them. But then, she's not a 65 pounder! I've found containers/holders at The Container Store and pet stores that filled the bill rather than buying them at the dealer - but I'm not really familiar with the boot box. Did this make any sense???!! Good luck!

Old 11-19-2008, 08:41 AM
wannab drivin
3rd Gear
Thanks Linda!
I originally wanted the sport stripes like yours over the bonnet stripes, but found out they have to be installed at the dealer and would have cost $250 rather than $100 for bonnet stripes. Too much difference, so I went with the bonnet stripes.
And little bit-o difference between a 9 # poodle and my rambunctious and hairy boy!
The boot box fits in the little space behind the rear seats, has a cover and when the seats are folded down creates a flush surface. Sounds like a good idea, but $$$! I think we can make one from plywood. The more I think about it, though, the more I think it'd make more sense to buy a kennel (he still sleeps in one at night in our room) to put in the car when he's with me. I was worried about the small space and know he would be sticking his big head up front and trying to help me drive! He's still a "kid" (1 Y/O) and likes to bounce around the back when riding. With a kennel I can contain him which will be good. And cheaper then the boot box!

Re. the wheels, I just spoke to my salesguy and now remember why I went with the spoolers. The rotators can't have the all-season tires. D'oh!

He confirmed I am week 48 production. Having read about some of the lengthy waits here on NAM, I feel lucky! Eager, but lucky!

Old 11-19-2008, 08:51 AM
LindaPD
2nd Gear
I think the kennel/crate is the best idea. Plywood would make me nervous because he could slide all around and anything you put on that would slide around. Kennels are definitely the safest for our furry family members.
So, you answered your own question!

Old 11-19-2008, 09:00 AM
wannab drivin
3rd Gear
So I guess this place is my "therapist's couch" for talking things through!

Old 11-19-2008, 09:06 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So I guess this place is my "therapist's couch" for talking things through!
NAM is many things to many people. If you don't believe me, check out Off-Topic some time!!!!!

Old 11-19-2008, 03:36 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
But...I have been building the things since August!

Edit: Ted looks mighty comfortable. I have a small-ish Golden; about 65 pounds or so. He sheds. Maybe I'll try a bed/quilt thing and a pillow in the compartment thing to see how it works. He's young and not very fussy. yet.
I know what you mean wannab about the numerous builds. It's cheap to do it on the computer (as long as you don't push the "Order Now" button ). I don't know how many builds I went through. And yet, it changed right up 'til the last possible minute before production started. Don't think you're done yet!

Ted seems to be very comfortable with her setup, but it's certainly not for everyone. I know it's not the safest (and this isn't going to sound right), but realistically, she's 15 years old and has a fatal disease. She's not big on the seats and she's not big on being crated (about a year ago she had a mass removed from her liver and had to be crated--she didn't like it much). Certainly there are tradeoffs at every corner and I didn't mean to imply what you "should" do. It sounds like your Goldie will be well accomodated. I think the important thing is that they get to go along! Ted wants to be included on every trip; we like to oblige her!

The more I think about it, though, the more I think it'd make more sense to buy a kennel (he still sleeps in one at night in our room) to put in the car when he's with me. I was worried about the small space and know he would be sticking his big head up front and trying to help me drive! He's still a "kid" (1 Y/O) and likes to bounce around the back when riding. With a kennel I can contain him which will be good. And cheaper then the boot box!

Re. the wheels, I just spoke to my salesguy and now remember why I went with the spoolers. The rotaters can't have the all-season tires. D'oh!
I can just see that dog now--climbing in front, helping you drive, barking at the cows, etc. (whatever might appeal to him in southern Maine). Should be fun!

Speaking of southern Maine, where I assume you get snow, I just drove today with my new (to me, 1 year-old but still very 'treadful') Blizzaks. I must say, tedscar handled pretty well in the snow and ice. We got about 2 ft of snow here earlier this week and I have a 350' gravel driveway with at least one good pitch to it. Clearing the snow was a little hit-and-miss because it was wet and heavy. I had my doubts about how the MINI would do, but it did great. Winter travel was one of my biggest concerns before I bought. A lot of folks said with dedicated snow tires, the MINI is pretty much invincible (within limits). Only one data point for me but so far, so good!

Old 11-20-2008, 12:08 PM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Well, it's official....

My wife called ASK MINI around 1pm EST and our OB/W MINI has been "in production" since 9:29am today.

Estimated completion is December 1 for our "Week 49" MINI.

So, hopefully we'll be getting a cute little blue Christmas Present this year :D

Old 11-20-2008, 04:06 PM
LindaPD
2nd Gear
Congratulations, Blainestang! I got my Mini 5 weeks after 'In Production', so you might just have a baby blue at your house by then. I still go and open my door to the garage a few times a day just to look at her when we're home!!

Old 11-20-2008, 04:13 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Well, it's official....

My wife called ASK MINI around 1pm EST and our OB/W MINI has been "in production" since 9:29am today.

Estimated completion is December 1 for our "Week 49" MINI.

So, hopefully we'll be getting a cute little blue Christmas Present this year :D
Oh my gosh--that is SO cool! Congratulations! I was just ready to make one or two leeetle changes to tedscar when my MA called to tell me it was in production and too late for my changes. Still, being in production is when it changed from a concept to a reality for me...

Originally Posted by LindaPD
I still go and open my door to the garage a few times a day just to look at her when we're home!!
This is my new reality! I do the same thing, especially sometimes after I wash it. I just love this car!

Old 11-20-2008, 04:28 PM
DanF
5th Gear
I can't believe you already have snow in western NY and the amounts you are talking about too.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:37 PM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Originally Posted by LindaPD
Congratulations, Blainestang! I got my Mini 5 weeks after 'In Production', so you might just have a baby blue at your house by then. I still go and open my door to the garage a few times a day just to look at her when we're home!!
Thanks! I'm hoping it goes even faster since I'm on the East Coast... but we'll see.

I'll probably go out and check on our little MINI a few times a day, too!... and then take her out for a drive :D

Originally Posted by tedswoods
Oh my gosh--that is SO cool! Congratulations! I was just ready to make one or two leeetle changes to tedscar when my MA called to tell me it was in production and too late for my changes. Still, being in production is when it changed from a concept to a reality for me...
Thanks... and yeah, I was considering adding the rear fog and maybe a couple other things like Xenons and dash trim and such, but I guess it going into production made the decision for me

Old 11-20-2008, 04:52 PM
wannab drivin
3rd Gear
I was considering adding the rear fog and maybe a couple other things like Xenons and dash trim and such, but I guess it going into production made the decision for me
I had remembered reading somewhere here that by ordering the rear fog you don't have an empty switch hole on your dash, but there's a switch for both front and rear fogs, so I got both. And I'm thinking I could've spent that $ better on something else.
But I'll have a sweet strip of switches.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:23 PM
Blainestang
6th Gear
I had remembered reading somewhere here that by ordering the rear fog you don't have an empty switch hole on your dash, but there's a switch for both front and rear fogs, so I got both. And I'm thinking I could've spent that $ better on something else.
But I'll have a sweet strip of switches.
Yeah, we're going to have an empty switch slot, but I guess that's OK.

I like the front fogs (came w/ the Sport Package), and there's not much else to get with the $100 that the rear fog costs.

I *tried* not to second-guess my build, but there are just TOO many options :D

Old 11-20-2008, 06:33 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't have Rear Fogs, didn't see a need for it. I'm not OCDing about the empty switch slot either.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:42 AM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
I don't have Rear Fogs, didn't see a need for it. I'm not OCDing about the empty switch slot either.
Yeah, it's something that would rarely be used... and one more thing to maintain or break, so I'm fine not having it... and it doesn't bother me that there's a cap on the back where it would be. The ONLY reason I would get it is to have all the switches, so I figured we could get over the missing switch.

Old 11-21-2008, 06:41 AM
annasassy86
2nd Gear
Yeah, it's something that would rarely be used... and one more thing to maintain or break, so I'm fine not having it... and it doesn't bother me that there's a cap on the back where it would be. The ONLY reason I would get it is to have all the switches, so I figured we could get over the missing switch.
i'm the opposite. the missing switch doesn't bother me (i didn't even realize i was missing one until i read these posts haha) but the gap on the bumper bothers me. it seems like if i didn't order the fogs then it would be better to just have it solid. but i also have the aero kit so that adds more color so it may be more obvious on my car.

Old 11-21-2008, 12:34 PM
Rainforest_Elf
2nd Gear
Hey y'all, I'm at work right now so I can't go into tooo much detail but I thought I'd say hello!

Captain Ron, my Oxygen Blue Mini was born on 11/16/08 and is currently sitting at a dock waiting to be loaded onto the Madame Butterfly on Tuesday! I am so excited!!! I'm guessing a delivery date of around 12/23 based on people who have walked this road before me and judging on the arrival date of the boat to California.

Old 11-21-2008, 03:50 PM
LindaPD
2nd Gear
Welcome, Rainforest Elf!

If not by Dec. 25th, your OB should at least be a New Year's gift!

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club