R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Romo
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by annasassy86
love your sig pic.
Thanks! Just something awesome about that oxygen blue with black combination, right annasassy?

Old 12-01-2008, 08:46 PM
annasassy86
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Romo
Thanks! Just something awesome about that oxygen blue with black combination, right annasassy?
lol so true. i might have to copy your angle, except with bonnet stripes i'm getting the black mesh grill, you should look into it! i'm trying to make my mini more aggressive.
outmotoring.com

Old 12-02-2008, 04:34 AM
Romo
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by annasassy86
i'm getting the black mesh grill, you should look into it! i'm trying to make my mini more aggressive.
outmotoring.com
Is that the grill that's on the S?

Old 12-02-2008, 03:51 PM
annasassy86
2nd Gear
Is that the grill that's on the S?
i'm not sure it's on every S because i've seen some without, but yes, that's the one i'm talking about. i think it would look good with our black.

Old 12-10-2008, 06:06 AM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Just thought I'd bump this up since it's been more than a week since the last post!

Also, an update on our OB MINI: It squeezed onto the Undine with all the Week 48 cars and is now scheduled to dock in Brunswick, GA on the 18th.

Based on our limited sample size (NAM), it will be the first 2009 MINI in North America with the Sport Package including DTC.

Old 12-10-2008, 06:39 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Blainestang
Just thought I'd bump
Good idea!!!! There is actually an auto OB Cooper sitting on the lot up at the dealership...it's been there for a week or two. Every time I pass, I'l filled with disbelief!!

Old 12-10-2008, 07:55 AM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gokartride
Good idea!!!! There is actually an auto OB Cooper sitting on the lot up at the dealership...it's been there for a week or two. Every time I pass, I'l filled with disbelief!!
Interesting...

Does MINI/BMW publish production numbers for their vehicles? For instance, with Mustangs, we can go back and see the breakdown of cars sold divided up by color. Something like this:

2004 Mustangs BY COLOR Color Name Paint Code Units Sold Black UA 22,094
Silver Metallic YN 19,755
Redfire G2 19,068
Dark Shadow Grey CX 18,415
Oxford White Z1 16,846
Torch Red D3 15,935
Sonic Blue SN 9,036
Screaming Yellow D6 7,501 (Breakdown)
Competition Orange CY 6,426
Crimson Red (40th Anniv only) FX 4,529
Azure Blue(Mach I only) L5 1,309
Mysti-Chrome G6 993
TOTAL 141,907 Sold

I think it would be interesting to see numbers for how many cars of each color were actually sold.

I imagine that OB is one of the rarer colors partly because it's a bold color (compared to SS, Black, Red, etc), and partly because it's a Cooper Hardtop only color.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:11 PM
annasassy86
2nd Gear
just wanted to say that our color looks amazing, even in the dark! i don't have a picture to prove it at the moment, but i always peak out my kitchen window at posh before i go to bed and think to myself, oh what a beautiful color!

Old 12-11-2008, 08:57 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Every night before I go to bed I open the garage door and make sure MY Beautiful Baby is tucked away nice and snug. And tell her how much her MOMMY LOVES HER!!

Old 12-12-2008, 02:31 AM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Awww, that is so cute!

I am sitting here in the dark (couldn't sleep after Ted got up, but she seems to be sleeping fine) and thinking the best part of this day is going to be driving tedscar for a meeting about 40 minutes away (and back again!). They say it will be warming up some this week...hopefully I'll get to give tedscar a bath...very much in need!

Old 12-12-2008, 02:36 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Through rain, sun, slush, and snow...

I had a few choice moments on the way home today, but tedscar delivered me safely to the door !

Attached Thumbnails Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club-pc120064.jpg  
Old 12-12-2008, 03:03 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Also, an update on our OB MINI: It squeezed onto the Undine with all the Week 48 cars and is now scheduled to dock in Brunswick, GA on the 18th.
Hey Blainestang, you're almost there / it's almost home! Congratulations!

Does MINI/BMW publish production numbers for their vehicles? For instance, with Mustangs, we can go back and see the breakdown of cars sold divided up by color.

I think it would be interesting to see numbers for how many cars of each color were actually sold.

I imagine that OB is one of the rarer colors partly because it's a bold color (compared to SS, Black, Red, etc), and partly because it's a Cooper Hardtop only color.
I agree; I think it would be interesting to see this too. I have seen very few OBs in my travels. Ironically, where I did find them (both cases), they were in very obscure, little out-of-the-way little towns. Go figure...

Old 12-12-2008, 07:01 PM
wannab drivin
3rd Gear
The last time I saw one was (ironically) on my way home from the dealer on 95, while I was actually on the phone with them telling me they'd meet my price! At that point I was still stuck between the Clubman and the MC. A couple days later I decided I was not going to get the Clubbie for the one time per year that I might need to carry a passenger and since I was drooling over the OB color swatch in the dealer showroom, it seemed like the right choice.
Tedscar looks more true to color in your snowy pic. It seems that often they appear a bit washed out in photos.
Not that this is necessarily complimentary, but every day at work when I see the plastic Bic pens (you know, the ones that offices buy in bulk because they cost about $.29 ea.), the color of the pen reminds me of the car. And then I can't wait to get her. I'm hoping to take delivery a week from tomorrow.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:13 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by tedswoods
I had a few choice moments on the way home today, but tedscar delivered me safely to the door !
My your car is SNOWY!! We are supposed to be in for a Winter Storm that rivals the 2003/2004 Winter...hasn't shown up yet. That winter I was stuck inside for 4 Days, due to a 2WD '96 Chevy Extended Cab Stepside that would not let me get up the hill (small hill at that). And after I parked it back in the driveway it slid back down, luckily not int to street as we have a parking strip between the curb and traffic lane.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:51 AM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Yikes! That's Western Kentucky? Maybe driving up to Tennessee around New Year's isn't a great idea with the summer runflats

Hey Blainestang, you're almost there / it's almost home! Congratulations!
Thanks! We're getting pretty excited

I agree; I think it would be interesting to see this too. I have seen very few OBs in my travels. Ironically, where I did find them (both cases), they were in very obscure, little out-of-the-way little towns. Go figure...
*Somebody* has to have this info. It would be interesting for sure!

I've only seen one other OB driving around. I see it pretty often because it's near where I work, and I've seen a couple at dealers, but overall, they're pretty rare.

Old 12-13-2008, 02:52 PM
Tennessee Cutty
2nd Gear
I still like my white sport stripes/roof combo better but yours is cooler than most I must admit!

Old 12-13-2008, 03:35 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Yikes! That's Western Kentucky?
No, no. Western New York! I think your trip is still on!

Old 12-13-2008, 03:44 PM
Blainestang
6th Gear
No, no. Western New York! I think your trip is still on!
Wow... that's a pretty big difference

Somehow, I saw KY, instead of NY!

As far as the road trip goes... we're thinking about extending it to include Iowa, too, now... so we WILL need different tires than our summer runflats. So, I'm looking for a set of MINI wheels w/ All-seasons.

Old 12-14-2008, 01:41 PM
Romo
2nd Gear
Arrrgh--I just got my first ding! I couldn't stand seeing my poor baby so dirty, so I stopped by the car wash. I couldn't reach the thingy where you put the money in, so I opened my door and it hit the podium the money thingy is on. Fortunately (?), it hit the door handle instead of the body so I just have a little metal scratch, rather than a paint ding. Still ticks me off, though. Oh well, just wanted to vent. Do you suppose it's instant karma for committing the sin of taking my car to an automatic car wash?

Old 12-14-2008, 05:22 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Arrrgh--I just got my first ding! I couldn't stand seeing my poor baby so dirty, so I stopped by the car wash. I couldn't reach the thingy where you put the money in, so I opened my door and it hit the podium the money thingy is on. Fortunately (?), it hit the door handle instead of the body so I just have a little metal scratch, rather than a paint ding. Still ticks me off, though. Oh well, just wanted to vent. Do you suppose it's instant karma for committing the sin of taking my car to an automatic car wash?
YES!!! (NOT laughing at the OWEY your car has!!)

Old 12-14-2008, 05:29 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
It looks like Molly will be having an extended stay in her room (the garage) this next week. We are having a Winter Storm, which we almost NEVER get, with Temps. in the Low to Mid 20s and Wind Chill in the Teens and Below.
We trekked out in the Durango today, roads are not to bad, but there are IDIOTS thinking their 2WD Pickup can get up some of our elevated overpasses...NOT!! Watching them slide back down is quite humorous!!

Old 12-14-2008, 06:30 PM
Romo
2nd Gear
I just noticed that you're from Vancouver. I'm from Wenatchee orginally. Small world...

Old 12-14-2008, 06:42 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrrgh--I just got my first ding!
Stuff happens.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:05 PM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Man... that's tough. I'm going to be so nervous about getting dings and scratches on our new MINI!

I'm thinking maybe I should just put a little ding on it when we take delivery just to get it out of the way

Old 12-14-2008, 07:32 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
I just noticed that you're from Vancouver. I'm from Wenatchee orginally. Small world...
I've been in Vancouver a little over 10 years. Hubby is a WA Native (Camas). I was born in MI, moved to AZ at 2, left when I was 21, and by way of too many states I'd like to count, I planted roots here. I reall like the area, hated the rain at first, but I've been climatized, or at least that's what I tell myself. I'm still a Sun Bum at heart, but I would definitely MELT if I had to endure those Temps. again.

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club