R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 10:39 AM
LindaPD
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those OBs look so naked without stripes Are they repos? That would be sad

Wannabe - I hope your Mini has arrived safely to its new home. Looking forward to seeing pics of it with snow on the bonnet!

I'm jealous of you all having white Christmases, but then I think of cabin fever, driving in it, etc. and I'm not so jealous any more. Whatever......wishing you all a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, whatever floats your boat.

Old 12-24-2008, 04:28 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Ya' know, Linda, I gotta agree with you! I had stripes on order until just before it went into production. Got an idea for a roof graphic that wouldn't go well with stripes. Still haven't made my mind up for sure on it yet, so for the time being, mine's naked too.

wannab & Blainstang, where's those MINIs?? The anticipation is slowly and excruciatingly killing me! I'm overjoyed for you two, but so far there's no pictures of your new babies. What's keeping you?? Hope it's just that you've been having too much fun.

I'm with Linda---Oh joyous holidays to all here on the OB thread! Right now, we've got rain on top of snow (can you say flood?) and predictions for wind gusts up to 60 mph. I think I'd rather just have the snow! White Christmas? We'll see...

Old 12-24-2008, 09:57 PM
LindaPD
2nd Gear
Yikes, Ted! 60 mph winds, no thank you. My father was from Binghamton, are you near there? I grew up in New York City, but glad to be in northern California these days!

Old 12-24-2008, 10:19 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Well ironically, just after I posted to this thread, we lost power for a few hours. Wind is supposed to die down in the early morning; remains to be seen whether the power stays on from here on out (although I guess another event is lining up for Saturday night).

Anyway, Linda, I'm in far-western NY, south of Buffalo. We've had a wild ride so far this winter but I really can't complain. At least we didn't get the ice storm / extended power outage that New England got a couple weeks ago...

Old 12-24-2008, 10:33 PM
annasassy86
2nd Gear
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! hope this makes everyone jealous, but it was so warm today i washed posh. haha!! the high is 66 for christmas day and then 79 on friday. pretty crazy!! sure makes it feel like christmas isn't really here, but i'm not complaining. i like wearing shorts in december!

Old 12-25-2008, 07:34 AM
tedswoods
5th Gear
I wish I could wash tedscar today; it's a mess from our soiree with the local MINI Club last weekend to deliver toys for hospitalized and traumatized kids (video is in upper left on this link: http://www.whec.com/article/stories/....shtml?cat=565)

Good for you annasassy! Have a great time and post more pics of your wondercar! Have a great day!

Old 12-25-2008, 09:04 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Way to Go Mini Cooper Club!!

Merry Christmas!!

Old 12-25-2008, 03:30 PM
LindaPD
2nd Gear
Good for you, Ted. Enjoyed the video.

Hey, Annasassy, I moved here from Austin TX 10 years ago and I'm quite familiar with the ups and downs of temps this time of year after 31 years of living there (I moved there from NYC-quite a culture shock in 1967!). Enjoy the shorts weather while you have it.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Old 12-25-2008, 08:51 PM
annasassy86
2nd Gear
wheels question... do y'all think my mini would look good with black wheels? i can't decide whether i like the black or silver.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:29 PM
Oxybluecoop
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
black wheels for sure

Old 12-26-2008, 05:21 AM
wannab drivin
3rd Gear
Hey all'y'all! I am
She arrived Tuesday evening, a bit later than expected due to traffic getting out of Boston, but I still took her for a little spin.
I drove her down to MA Christmas Eve, so I've put about 300 more miles on her. I love, love, love driving again!
What a fun little car!
I had time enough to start to learn the various controls and gadgets, but still have some reading to do.
She is a little dirty due to melting snow and spray from the highway, but I'm going to try to get to a quickie spray wash today and clean her up for some photos.

I also ordered a PoochStyle full mat for the back for my Baxter. When I got the car I realized a kennel that would be big enough to be comfortable for him simply will not fit, so this is my next choice. I'm going to keep looking for some sort of container that will keep him more confined, though.

Old 12-26-2008, 06:51 AM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by LindaPD
Those OBs look so naked without stripes Are they repos? That would be sad
Well, the pictures are all of the same car, but you can see another one way in the back upper left of the 2nd picture. They had a new OB/W w/o stripes, an OB/W w/ stripes (and, imo, hideous aftermarket wheels) that was a used '07), and a new OB/B w/o stripes.

Originally Posted by tedswoods
wannab & Blainstang, where's those MINIs?? The anticipation is slowly and excruciatingly killing me! I'm overjoyed for you two, but so far there's no pictures of your new babies. What's keeping you?? Hope it's just that you've been having too much fun.
STILL don't have it, yet... and the MINI dealer is aware of my displeasure about that and other problems.

It SHOULD be available for delivery by Monday, however.

Be sure I will post plenty of pictures as soon as it arrives

Originally Posted by annasassy86
wheels question... do y'all think my mini would look good with black wheels? i can't decide whether i like the black or silver.
I'm a big fan of darker wheels (despite ordering white ones on our MINI), so I say go for it.

Originally Posted by wannab drivin
Hey all'y'all! I am
She arrived Tuesday evening, a bit later than expected due to traffic getting out of Boston, but I still took her for a little spin.
I drove her down to MA Christmas Eve, so I've put about 300 more miles on her. I love, love, love driving again!
What a fun little car!
I had time enough to start to learn the various controls and gadgets, but still have some reading to do.
She is a little dirty due to melting snow and spray from the highway, but I'm going to try to get to a quickie spray wash today and clean her up for some photos.

I also ordered a PoochStyle full mat for the back for my Baxter. When I got the car I realized a kennel that would be big enough to be comfortable for him simply will not fit, so this is my next choice. I'm going to keep looking for some sort of container that will keep him more confined, though.
Congrats!

And I am looking for something to protect our MINI from our new Motoring companion (which we picked up on Christmas Eve):

Meet "Harley", our 9-week-old Great Dane

Old 12-26-2008, 09:43 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Are you sure that's NOT a statue?? He's 9 Weeks Old and that mellow?? I'm sure he'll grow out of that very soon!!

"Harley" looks very sweet...CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Old 12-26-2008, 10:34 AM
wannab drivin
3rd Gear
Ohh, Harley is adorable! Are you sure you don't want to change your order to a Clubman?
This is what I just ordered for the Mini for Baxter: (Not in leopard print, though!)

Old 12-26-2008, 12:51 PM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Are you sure that's NOT a statue?? He's 9 Weeks Old and that mellow?? I'm sure he'll grow out of that very soon!!

"Harley" looks very sweet...CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Yeah, she is pretty docile. That's part of the reason we decided on a Great Dane. I guess Harley is kind of a "boy" name, but I guess "Ted" and her have that in common

Originally Posted by wannab drivin
Ohh, Harley is adorable! Are you sure you don't want to change your order to a Clubman?
This is what I just ordered for the Mini for Baxter: (Not in leopard print, though!)
Ha... we thought about it, but we wanted OB

Old 12-26-2008, 01:31 PM
wannab drivin
3rd Gear
I saw an OB/B today here in Portland. That is only the second one I have seen on the road. The other was on my way back from Boston on 93. We weren't in my Mini so I didn't get to do the wave to them.
While I love my OB/W, I have to admit, the OB/B is also a very nice combination.

Old 12-26-2008, 08:26 PM
annasassy86
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Blainestang

Meet "Harley", our 9-week-old Great Dane

omg... my dream dog.

Old 12-27-2008, 05:46 AM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Originally Posted by annasassy86
omg... my dream dog.
Ours, too!

Old 12-27-2008, 06:03 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
WOW, I leave for a day and look what happens! All I can do is smile as I read each of these recent posts!

Congratulations wannab AND Blainestang (AND Harley--Ted approves!) !

Great cars, great dogs, great fun

And anna, I think based on Romo's pics, I vote for the black wheels too. How about some like these: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ond-mini.html?

Last edited by tedswoods; 12-27-2008 at 06:26 PM.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:00 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
We have 2-Four Legged Kids too, to see pics. go to my gallery. They will NOT be riding in Molly!!

Old 12-27-2008, 10:06 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't have pets, but I do have more than two human passengers now and again so my back seat definitely gets used!!

Old 12-28-2008, 11:46 AM
wannab drivin
3rd Gear
Here are a few pics I took today:

Old 12-28-2008, 11:57 AM
DanF
5th Gear
Very nice looking car Wannab, love the interior. I hope you're out enjoying this nice warm sunday driving your new mini.

Old 12-28-2008, 02:28 PM
wannab drivin
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DanF
Very nice looking car Wannab, love the interior. I hope you're out enjoying this nice warm sunday driving your new mini.
It got up to 52 today! Not much left of last week's snow!

Old 12-28-2008, 08:14 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Right on wannab! (Do you have to change your screen name now?) Great lookin' MINI. I agree that the interior looks great. I think it works with the O2Blue!

Congratulations!

Hope to see you and your MINI in person one of these days.

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club