R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 09:58 AM
thefuturequeenofnebraska
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OOOOOO Oxygen Blue GoKartCooper!!!!

Old 05-29-2007, 04:32 AM
hailpurdue
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Introducing: Darby

Okay, so I just got my Vanity Plate, still waiting for AC to ship out the rest of my graphics,so pics are being posted as the parts of the car are completed, but here is Darby:

Specs:
Comfort Access (Which is so cool, and for me totally worth the $500)
Rear Fog
Ipod Interface
JCWorks Strut Brace
OBC
Obviously, Black Roof/Stripes
Leatherette
Dualie Roof
Xenon's

More to come as I get the graphics on...

Old 05-29-2007, 08:02 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Classic? Yup. Here's a Bugatti Type 35:

Old 05-29-2007, 05:22 PM
mommashine
4th Gear
mmmm stripes.... grrr....

Old 05-30-2007, 05:19 AM
hailpurdue
2nd Gear
What's wrong with stripes?

Old 05-30-2007, 06:15 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by hailpurdue
What's wrong with stripes?
I'm thinking nothing at all!!!

Old 05-30-2007, 07:06 PM
mommashine
4th Gear
nothing... except they make my bonnet look empty... :*(

Old 05-30-2007, 07:38 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
^^^I thought as much!!!

Old 05-31-2007, 08:05 AM
hailpurdue
2nd Gear
Ahhhh. It's stripe envy.. I get it now.

If I ever get tired of them (doubtful since the rear stripes are due in this week) I'll ship them to you

Old 05-31-2007, 05:21 PM
mommashine
4th Gear
nah it's fine... i'm gonna ride it out it i think.... it only looks empty when it's the bright noon day sun color... when it's the darker color it's ok... :-)

Old 05-31-2007, 06:53 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mommashine
i'm gonna ride it out it i think
I think it is a good idea to take some time w/ these things, unless one has a definite vision for the look of one's MINI from the start. I went through several phases w/ my '03 and often was "this close" to pursuing a mod only to ultimately think better of it. In the end, so many people were getting stipes (for awhile there) that my MINI was actually "unique" without. Whatever one likes is cool, though. Oxygen Blue really is a great color in that it is a middle tone and kind of a fun color...so one can go all kinds of direction.

I had a chrome John Cooper signature badge on the boot of my '03 IB/W Cooper that I placed opposite the regular Cooper badge. I got one for my new MINI, too. It's classy, I like it, the chrome looks fine, and it pays tribute to the car's namesake...and that means something to me personally.

Old 06-01-2007, 07:32 PM
Brad_HouTX
2nd Gear
soon to order my 1st MINI -- leather interior?

The audio package is finally available. Called MINI of The Woodlands today and was told that audio package can now be ordered ($1400). I live a lot closer to the other Houston dealer, Momentum, but wasn't impressed with their salesperson. The Woodlands people are more helpful on the phone than the Momentum people are when I go there in person.

Thanks for posting all the pics of your vehicles. They all look great, white/black, with & without stripes. I really like both NFR and OyxBlu colors (being unique for MC owners is an added bonus), but am going with OB. I decided when I saw my first OB in person at a WholeFoods parking lot. Thought OB would be more unusual than NFR, but now looks like more people are ordering OB. When I went by Momentum dealership they had 2 OB and 1 NFR in their lot both ordered by customers. They said the NFR was the 1st one they had received.

Now I just need to decide whether to get the stripes on the hood or leave it all blue. A had been planning on the stripes but the pics of the solid hood have me doubting myself.

I'm still debating some options, specifically the interior. Has anyone seen the Pacific Blue interior? Any opinions/conjectures on what it would look like paired with the OB exterior? I'd rather pair it with Redwood Lounge leather but the MINI fashion police won't allow that combination.

Similarly, any opinions on the Beige leather interior w/ OB? Anymore pics of your OB interiors? So far it looks like everyone has ordered the stock leatherette interior.

Last edited by Brad_HouTX; 06-01-2007 at 07:35 PM. Reason: one more request
Old 06-02-2007, 10:54 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
double post...

Last edited by gokartride; 06-02-2007 at 11:13 AM. Reason: a weird occurance
Old 06-02-2007, 10:55 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Brad_HouTX
Now I just need to decide whether to get the stripes on the hood or leave it all blue.
I feel your pain...both look great. It is a fairly simple thing to add after the fact if you want to study the situation further. I'm not a stripe guy (long story) so the choice for me was clear (thankfully).

Has anyone seen the Pacific Blue interior? Any opinions/conjectures on what it would look like paired with the OB exterior?
Yes, I've seen it. It seems to be a more perfect mate with Laser Blue...it's a darker blue shade than OB. It could work though (even though I would not do it personally)...you'd probably just want to pick up more blue accessories where possible. My opinion...

Similarly, any opinions on the Beige leather interior w/ OB?
OB is such a fun color, I think you could pull off beige nicely. It'd be different but I think it would work fine.

Old 06-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Brad_HouTX
2nd Gear
Thanks GoKartRide for the response. I ordered my MINI today from the dealer. Guess I'm in week 24 production group. Looks like MINI agrees with you on the Pacific Blue. Although the Configurator allows you to add it, when the dealer tries to order it MINI stops them. I decided to splurge and go for the Tuscan Beige. Hopefully I won't be dissappointed.

Also went with white stripes. MA (his business card says "Motoring Advisor." Now I know what the MA stands for.) says they're vinyl decals and can be removed in future. Not sure how practical that would be, but opted for the stripes because it's one of the features that separates MINIs from other vehicles, although it's becoming very common on the MINI's.

The only upgrade package I bought was the audio, for $1400. MA said it's been available to order for over a week now, although it still doesn't show up as available in the Configurator.

Old 06-02-2007, 12:11 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
I decided to splurge and go for the Tuscan Beige. Hopefully I won't be dissappointed.
I hit the configurator and yes, I think that will look amazing and highly unique/distinctive. I had seen the Tuscan Beige interior on an AB...it will be great fun on an OB!!! Stripes? Yes, those will look great, too (he said staring at his OB/W out the window), especially since you see them as part of your MINIs essential character. That kind of motivation always makes sense. BTW, I've always very heard good things about MINI of the Woodlands.

Old 06-02-2007, 12:21 PM
Uncle_John
6th Gear
You guys have seen Mr Kart's OB/W, right?

No?

Well here it is . . .

Old 06-02-2007, 12:46 PM
dickdavid
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Uncle_John
You guys have seen Mr Kart's OB/W, right?

No?

Well here it is . . .

Looking really good. So far, OB is my favorite of the new colors.

Old 06-02-2007, 02:33 PM
Uncle_John
6th Gear
Originally Posted by dickdavid
Looking really good. So far, OB is my favorite of the new colors.
Richard, It really looks good in person. Moritz has one on the floor with white bonnet stripes. It looks good either way.

I have a front plate holder that screws into the tow hook hole that you can borrow if you need.

Old 06-02-2007, 03:53 PM
dickdavid
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Uncle_John
...I have a front plate holder that screws into the tow hook hole that you can borrow if you need.
Cool. I'm waiting on a few returned PMs and Simon (aka Randy) will be coming to the June meeting. I can buy one from him as well. If nothing pans out, I may just borrow yours to get by the inspection. Stay tuned.

Old 06-02-2007, 05:36 PM
dwjj
6th Gear
I like it The wood fits too! Nice (and a bit different!)

Old 06-09-2007, 07:51 AM
mommashine
4th Gear
i found our first dent on my birthday! it's not that bad though and u have to know it's there to see it... ah well, it was bound to happen sooner or later... :-(

Old 06-09-2007, 09:39 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mommashine
i found our first dent on my birthday!
Sorry to hear this...the first one is always tough. On the upside, it's a chance to seek out a good PDR person!!

Old 06-10-2007, 10:22 AM
mommashine
4th Gear
yeah... not very easy in my area i hear... maybe i'll have better luck this time round... it was hell gettin my grand am done...

Old 06-10-2007, 10:42 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
I had hail damage within the first three months of getting my '03 MINI. Broke my heart, but I soldiered on. Two things came of it: first...through networking I found a fantastic PDR "artist" who also was a MINI owner and knew the car well (access points for PDR) and....second.....I developed a morbid distaste for violent weather. Let's just say my meteorological skills took a quantum leap...as did my willingness see that my MINI took cover when nasty weather dictated. A door ding a few years later made me adopt a no-risk-whatsoever strategy towards parking, a point of constant ridicule/jesting from my non-MINI-owning friends.

I guess my point is that MINIs definitely can adjust one's normal mode-of-operation. Dings can do the same.

BTW, I was on travel this week and driving a mini van. I sure was glad to see my OB/W MINI after an entire week. Its these periods of MINI-absence that really make you crazy about your car. A "heart grows fonder" thing fer sure!!!

Good luck, ms!!!!

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club