R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 11:27 AM
CooperDreams
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blaine - the pictures are awesome! I also did not upgrade the interior trim and after reading your post I am having second thoughts...my husband is convinced it's too late to make any changes and I don't really want to spend much more money...can you post pics of the interior when you get a chance?

Sara - yes that's the nursery! I used to spend my summers in Waco, and my cousins grew up in China Spring. I am shocked at how much it has grown.

Old 12-30-2008, 12:06 PM
wannab drivin
3rd Gear
Unless production has already begun, it's probably not too late to make changes. Call your sales person ASAP, though.
I have the Tuscan beige interior (which I love) and am a bit disappointed that it comes with the cream line as well as the piano black inset things on the door. Seems like they just don't match. But I'll learn to live with it.

Old 12-30-2008, 12:23 PM
CooperDreams
2nd Gear
I actually selected the Brushed Alloy surface interior and the Punch Carbon Black leather...I didn't select the Fine White Silver interior...in the configurator it appears to make a difference. I guess I'll find out when it finally gets here.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:01 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Blainestang, the grin on your and your wife's faces really say it all!

Congratulations!

My MA gave me the '08 literature to study. I vaguely remember what you're talking of RE: the door trim with no optional color line (but I also remember it being a little confusing). Sounds like it's OK for you; no harm, no foul, I guess, eh?

Old 12-30-2008, 09:24 PM
LindaPD
2nd Gear
CONGRATS, Wannabe and Blaine!! Love seeing pics of your Minis, your dogs and you! Happy traveling!

Linda

Old 12-31-2008, 03:09 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Lovin' all the pics!

OXYBLUECOOP, you and that MINI are making me long for spring (and I used to be pretty OK with winter)!

Old 01-03-2009, 07:29 AM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by DanF
Congrats on the new Cooper, Blain. Lots of nice pics there. That's funny with the garage color.

The lower slat on the chrome grill is open. The upper slats are blocked or that is how it was on my original 07 chrome grill, which now has been replaced.
Thanks... and yeah, it just happens that Oxygen Blue-esque colors are some of our favorites, so we painted the garage a similar color and then ordered our OB MINI.

Yeah, I guess SOME of the grill is open. I just remembered reading that I'd have to drill the backing or something to install a grill badge holder since it was closed. I guess they meant a specific spot rather than the whole grill being blocked.

Originally Posted by wannab drivin
I got the toolkit, I think. It's under the boot in back?
I did not get a spare tire, though and I also have RFs But where does it even fit? Doesn't look like there's room under the boot.
How can they make two nearly identical cars, produced the same week (49?) with different basic specs?
Yeah, the toolkit is under the boot in the back, but some cars with runflats have received fewer items, I guess.

The spare is actually UNDER the car. I noticed that I had all the tools to crank it down, so I looked under and sure enough... I had one. I was going to bring one of my spare X-lite wheels on our trip with us as a backup, but since we had the spare, I didn't need to.

Originally Posted by CooperDreams
Blaine - the pictures are awesome! I also did not upgrade the interior trim and after reading your post I am having second thoughts...my husband is convinced it's too late to make any changes and I don't really want to spend much more money...can you post pics of the interior when you get a chance?
Originally Posted by CooperDreams
I actually selected the Brushed Alloy surface interior and the Punch Carbon Black leather...I didn't select the Fine White Silver interior...in the configurator it appears to make a difference. I guess I'll find out when it finally gets here.
If you ordered the Brushed Alloy, then you'll have matching door rings. Our situation is that we stuck with the standard "Fine White Silver" and that doesn't come with matching door rings, I guess.

Originally Posted by tedswoods
Blainestang, the grin on your and your wife's faces really say it all!

Congratulations!

My MA gave me the '08 literature to study. I vaguely remember what you're talking of RE: the door trim with no optional color line (but I also remember it being a little confusing). Sounds like it's OK for you; no harm, no foul, I guess, eh?
Yep... we were excited

Yeah, if we knew we weren't going to get door rings to match the dash, we probably would have ordered one of the optional trims, but we never saw one that didn't have matching trim (and neither had our MA), so it never crossed our minds that we might not get matching rings. But, like you said, it's not a huge deal. We're probably going to switch to the checkerboard dash trim, so it might actually look better w/o the silver rings, then. We'll see.

Originally Posted by LindaPD
CONGRATS, Wannabe and Blaine!! Love seeing pics of your Minis, your dogs and you! Happy traveling!

Linda
Thanks!

So, obviously we're back from Tennessee... We didn't get to swing by the Dragon, but we did get to try out several other mountain roads around Signal Mountain, TN, and the MINI was a BLAST.

It was a great cruiser, too, and offered PLENTY of space in the back, too, with the back seats down.

More info and pics from the trip to come!

Old 01-03-2009, 07:41 AM
wannab drivin
3rd Gear
OK, and the really important question: Did Harley go with you and if so how did she like her ride in the Mini?

Old 01-03-2009, 09:13 AM
Rainforest_Elf
2nd Gear
I'm so excited! And thought this was the best place to gush!

I'm bringing home my Mini today!

When I ordered him I was certain I was going to call him Captain Ron (after the epic Kurt Russell movie) but after playing every which way with vanity plates, I've decided I just couldn't get "CPN RON" to stick. My Mini, which is now T Minus 6 hours to delivery, is now going to be called Dr. Horrible! Yes. I am that much of a nerd.

He is, of course, an Oxygen Blue mini. Has a black top, two black bonnet stripes, and will be my special little baby

As soon as I bring him home tonight I'll post some pictures, but... SQUEE!! I just wanted to share a bit with my fellow OB owners!!!!

Old 01-03-2009, 09:31 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Rainforest...You'll be one of three OB's in the PDX Metro, that I've seen anyway. #1 "Molly" is sitting in MY Garage, Vancouver, WA, #2 I've seen on I-84, and CPN RON, but no other local ones as of yet.

Be sure to *wave*!!

I did see an OB/W on my way to work yesterday morning, but it had AZ plates.

So what does your Build Sheet look like??

Congratulations and welcome to the zany world of the 02 Blue Parents!!

Old 01-03-2009, 09:40 AM
Rainforest_Elf
2nd Gear
I got a pretty stripped down version of my Mini for Dr. Horrible. I kinda believe the more bells and whistles you have on a car, the more likely it is to break, and thus more money you have to throw at it later. Plus I'm just kinda simple like that

I got the premium package... so a sunroof and the weather controlled thing, automatic transmission (hey I'm a girl who can't drive stick. save the jokes for later!!) sports seats, and the USB iPod adapter... not really sure exactly what the USB Adapter is going to do, but as long as I can plug my iPod into my car and listen to music, I'm not going to complain.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:42 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rainforest_Elf
I got a pretty stripped down version
There is nothing wrong w/ that at all...an extremely viable approach. I've had two Coopers, both lightly appointed, no packages. Youification can be as much about getting what you want, as it is about not getting what you don't want.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:46 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Blainestang
Thanks... and yeah, it just happens that Oxygen Blue-esque colors are some of our favorites, so we painted the garage a similar color and then ordered our OB MINI.

We're probably going to switch to the checkerboard dash trim, so it might actually look better w/o the silver rings, then. We'll see.

"...but we did get to try out several other mountain roads around Signal Mountain, TN, and the MINI was a BLAST.

More info and pics from the trip to come!
Sounds great Blainestang! Now that's the kind of first week of Motoring that I guess you're supposed to have--sounds like it was a blast!

I have a little bit of the matching garage thing going on also, but it was more by accident than deliberate. In fact, for a house and garage out in the middle of the country, I wasn't so crazy about the color. BUT, on the MINI, I just don't see how the O2Blue can be beat! Here's my pic: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...//ppuser/50576.

My Mini, which is now T Minus 6 hours to delivery, is now going to be called Dr. Horrible! Yes. I am that much of a nerd.

As soon as I bring him home tonight I'll post some pictures, but... SQUEE!! I just wanted to share a bit with my fellow OB owners!!!!
Congrat-you-lations, Rainforest Elf! I hope by now that Dr. Horrible is home safe & sound after you've Motored all over Portland! I did that one day many years ago without meaning to. I can't remember exactly where I was going--one of the hangouts along the Willamette I guess. I could see where I wanted to go; seems like I made five or six passes on one or more bridges before finally arriving at my destination. It was NOT in a MINI, so it wasn't nearly as fun as it coulda been. In any event, hope you and the good Dr. are well acquainted by now. It only gets better!

Old 01-03-2009, 06:59 PM
LindaPD
2nd Gear

When I ordered him I was certain I was going to call him Captain Ron (after the epic Kurt Russell movie) but after playing every which way with vanity plates, I've decided I just couldn't get "CPN RON" to stick. My Mini, which is now T Minus 6 hours to delivery, is now going to be called Dr. Horrible! Yes. I am that much of a nerd.

He is, of course, an Oxygen Blue mini. Has a black top, two black bonnet stripes, and will be my special little baby

That's great, Rainforest Elf! The first day is the best after waiting all that time - 2 months for me - from ordering to delivery. May you have many happy years together as I wish for all of us OB Mini owners.

My MA told me the break-in period was over the first 1,200 miles and during that time I shouldn't use my cruise control, go over 100 mph , or above 4.5 rpms. Going without the cruise control was definitely the hardest, so I drove it extra to make it to 1,200 miles sooner!

I love my iPod adapter - never had an iPod before I bought the car. Have spent many hours downloading music onto it and, boy, am I glad I did. I also got Sirius, but don't really listen to that much. From what I understand, they might be gone by next year anyway, with the slow economy and all.

I also don't drive a stick shift, so know you're not alone!

Looking forward to pics.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:19 PM
Rainforest_Elf
2nd Gear
Doctor Horrible and I made it home at about 6pm tonight. I don't like driving on the freeway, especially at night, so taking him home was SUPER nerve wracking. Thankfully my Dad followed me all the way home so no one could tail gate me when I was only going 60mph on the freeway (people like to zoom by at around 70-80mph, naturally).

My MA is such a dear, he stayed late to show me all the buttons and contraptions that Doctor Horrible is capable of. He even synched up my EnV verizon phone to my bluetooth so now I can "phone home" with the voice activation thing. I can tell you now I will probably never listen to the radio, that iPod thing is AMAZING! I can control my playlists FROM THE CAR.

I'm posting the image from a facebook album so if anyone has any trouble viewing it, let me know and I'll dump a picture of Doctor Horrible into my photobucket account instead.

Here he is! I can't wait to start fiddling around with more of his buttons and get used to how he drives. I love it even more than the day I ordered him. I also can't wait to take Doctor Horrible out for a REAL photoshoot. I'm a semi-professional photographer so I feel kinda silly introducing him to everyone with such a crappy picture, but hey, whatcha gonna do, it was dark by the time I got him home!

I probably won't be seriously driving him until I get the LoJack installed in him later this week (not gonna take any chances).

Also, okay, let's talk about the key for a second. WHAT. THE. HECK. It's not a key at all! I find it very VERY odd but I guess I just need to get used to it. My poor Mazda has actually had keys broken off inside the doors several times so with this thing, I know that'll never happen, but still... so weird!!

Old 01-03-2009, 09:22 PM
minianna
1st Gear
beautiful!!

Old 01-03-2009, 09:43 PM
LindaPD
2nd Gear
Doctor Horrible and I made it home at about 6pm tonight. I don't like driving on the freeway, especially at night, so taking him home was SUPER nerve wracking. Thankfully my Dad followed me all the way home so no one could tail gate me when I was only going 60mph on the freeway (people like to zoom by at around 70-80mph, naturally).

My MA is such a dear, he stayed late to show me all the buttons and contraptions that Doctor Horrible is capable of. He even synched up my EnV verizon phone to my bluetooth so now I can "phone home" with the voice activation thing. I can tell you now I will probably never listen to the radio, that iPod thing is AMAZING! I can control my playlists FROM THE CAR.

I'm posting the image from a facebook album so if anyone has any trouble viewing it, let me know and I'll dump a picture of Doctor Horrible into my photobucket account instead.

Here he is! I can't wait to start fiddling around with more of his buttons and get used to how he drives. I love it even more than the day I ordered him. I also can't wait to take Doctor Horrible out for a REAL photoshoot. I'm a semi-professional photographer so I feel kinda silly introducing him to everyone with such a crappy picture, but hey, whatcha gonna do, it was dark by the time I got him home!

I probably won't be seriously driving him until I get the LoJack installed in him later this week (not gonna take any chances).

Also, okay, let's talk about the key for a second. WHAT. THE. HECK. It's not a key at all! I find it very VERY odd but I guess I just need to get used to it. My poor Mazda has actually had keys broken off inside the doors several times so with this thing, I know that'll never happen, but still... so weird!!

Lookin' good, Elf!

Old 01-03-2009, 09:55 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
You will definitely be easy to spot!!
Fabulous looking MINI you got there!!
You will get to know your MINI rather quickly, just sit in it in the garage for a few hours/min. I tend to still go out and just sit in her every now and then to re-learn some of the options and we haven't even used or configured every one!!

Old 01-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Oxybluecoop
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice ride! Let the fun begin!

Old 01-04-2009, 04:44 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Rainforest Elf, that is an awesome looking MINI, blushing all O2 Blue and all.

Congratulations!

I never had the IPOD thing before but I must say I think it beats the heck out of the radio. I added that and the bluetooth just before the MINI went into production and I must say, I really like both of 'em!

Have a blast in your new car and keep us posted on all your adventures!

Old 01-04-2009, 05:46 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Hubby found a DING!!!

We were in the Walley Mart parking lot (we ALWAYS park in BFE), hubby was waiting for me to get out, as I was getting out he said "UH OH!!", then I knew something was wrong and he knew I'd be upset.

Well to my surprise I'm not as upset as I thought I would be when I got my 1st Ding!! I DIDN'T do it and I know Hubby DIDN'T do it, I always park as far away from civilization as possible, so it is a bit of a mystery. Nothing identifiable to say, hey, that's must have been what happened.

It is easily fixable, just have to find the right PDR guy. No broken paint just a long (1") narrow dent in the lower left corner of the Driver's Door.

So anyone got any ideas about who to call?? I will be calling my Dealer tomorrow as well and see who they can recomend.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:52 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
I got my 1st Ding!!
Ah....this is your golden opportunity to seek out the best PDR person you can possibly find. Make it a good search....you may need them again some day. I found an amazing local guy back in '03 (first MINI) and I think I've been back four or five times....even once w/ my '07!!!

Old 01-04-2009, 05:58 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
So GoKart how does one begin a search for such a Repair Guru??
Calling Dealer??, Phone Book??, Recommendations??
Don't know your Local so I'm guessing since you didn't recommend any one in the Vanc./PDX you are not from around here??

Old 01-05-2009, 02:42 PM
CooperDreams
2nd Gear
Congratulations Rainforest Elf!

I have a very similar one on order and just found out today that production started on Saturday. It may even finish production by the end of the week. I didn't expect this since the factory has been shut down. I had resigned myself that it probably wouldn't come in until March.

I hope everyone is having a great New Year so far!

Old 01-05-2009, 02:49 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
So GoKart how does one begin a search for such a Repair Guru??
The local MINI club would be a very good start that's how I found about the guy I use in Fort Worth. It helps (I think) to find someone used to MINIs as they know access points best.

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club