R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 04:03 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Atomic17
I hope it's not too early for me to be posting in this thread, since I just placed my order a few hours ago...

Now I just have to wait. And I am NOT a patient person.

So here's what I ordered: Oxygen Blue/Black Roof & Bonnet Stripes, 6-speed Manual, Chrome Line Exterior, White Turn Signals, Sport Package, Premium Package, Xenon Lights, Anthracite Headliner (this was a MUST HAVE), Hi-Fi Sound System...His name will be Ianto...
Oh Welcome Aboard, Atomic One! It's certainly not too early to stop by here; it's a friendly crowd (they let me in, after all)! Congratulations on your order--Ianto sounds like it'll be a fantastic MINI! While you wait you can check out all the OTHER (non-OB) posts, plan your mods, and you better get all your chores done! Once Ianto arrives, you'll be out Motoring!

Old 02-20-2009, 04:08 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
RJ, that sounds like a great day--perfect way to send Miss Molly into her second year!

CD, what's the story on the Bruiser (or shouldn't I ask)? I hope things are getting better...soon!

Old 02-23-2009, 02:27 PM
CooperDreams
2nd Gear
Thanks for asking, he is still in the shop. A part is supposed to come in today. Fortunately he's been tucked in their garage all week, but they had to remove the bumper to get to the leak. I will update once I have him back.

On a side note we went to the mall this weekend in the loaner. As we pulled into the parking garage there was an empty spot right next to a fellow oxy blue! It made me really miss Bruiser. I am driving a Nightfire Red MC with an American Flag on the roof.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:42 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CooperDreams
Thanks for asking, he is still in the shop. A part is supposed to come in today. Fortunately he's been tucked in their garage all week, but they had to remove the bumper to get to the leak. I will update once I have him back.

On a side note we went to the mall this weekend in the loaner. As we pulled into the parking garage there was an empty spot right next to a fellow oxy blue! It made me really miss Bruiser. I am driving a Nightfire Red MC with an American Flag on the roof.
This was just a sign the Lil' Bruiser MISSES YOU TOO!! That's their Loaner?? We've gotten a Chilli Red Cabrio most times!!

Old 02-24-2009, 07:49 AM
LindaPD
2nd Gear
Hey, Atomic17,

Welcome to our crazy OB club. I look forward to seeing pics of your new baby. This is definitely a place to practice patience, but so well worth the wait. I've had Nelly almost 4 months and like her more all the time. Congrats!

Old 02-24-2009, 08:46 AM
CooperDreams
2nd Gear
Yes, this is the loaner. Even my SA was surprised they gave us this one. It is cute, but the interior isn't as nice as mine and it is an automatic. I just tried out the paddle shifters, and they are fun.

No updates yet...

Old 02-24-2009, 09:32 AM
afshawnt
Neutral
I was hoping to be posting in this thread last week. But MINI of San Antonio called to inform my girlfriend and I that her OxyBlue was damaged over 3% MSRP (it had been sitting in SC for 3 weeks and I was wondering if that was the case) and MINI won't be selling the car to us.

Another car has been ordered as its replacement and should be here in mid April.

She's getting impatient. Although MINI of SA has been really great. They are giving her a temporary MINI to drive around until then.

Here are some specs:

09 Oxygen Blue Cooper/Manual :D
White Roof/Mirros
Bonnet Stripes
White Turn Signals
Front Fogs
Rear Fog
Xenons
Aero Kit
White 16" Bridge Spokes
Sport Seats
Cloth
Leather MultiFunc Wheel
Driving Lamps

Until then I guess its just sit here and in this thread.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:00 AM
CooperDreams
2nd Gear
afshawnt - was your girlfriend's MINI built during Week 3? On the Week 3 board, there was another MINI damaged beyond repair too. That is terrible. I am glad you are having a good experience with MINI of SA though. We also bought ours from them, and are experiencing some trouble too. The sales process was great and my MA was very responsive. The car leaked oil from the first night we brought the MINI home. In the end, they have handled the situation okay. I wonder how many loaners they have, you and I are using 2 of them!

Old 02-24-2009, 11:57 AM
afshawnt
Neutral
Yes it was a week 3 build. We are in Austin. So last week before they knew of the damage we drove down and got a loaner "used R56 for sale" MINI. This weekend we will be driving down and purchasing a temporary MINI at no cost to us for the remaining 6 weeks.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:02 PM
CooperDreams
2nd Gear
Have you heard that we are getting our own dealer soon? I took mine by there before MINI of SA picked it up. The service manager said they will probably be able to do warranty work in August. That will be so nice!

Old 02-24-2009, 01:24 PM
minianna
1st Gear
Have you heard that we are getting our own dealer soon? I took mine by there before MINI of SA picked it up. The service manager said they will probably be able to do warranty work in August. That will be so nice!
lucky! that will be close for me.

Old 02-24-2009, 02:46 PM
CooperDreams
2nd Gear
Yes - and it is in North Austin! You won't have to deal with much traffic on 35.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:34 PM
LindaPD
2nd Gear
Where will that be located in Austin exactly? I'm visiting there in April and lived there for many years.

So sorry to hear about the damages

Old 02-24-2009, 07:42 PM
CooperDreams
2nd Gear
It will be located next to the BMW dealer on McNeil between 183 and Parmer.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:46 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by afshawnt
I was hoping to be posting in this thread last week. But MINI of San Antonio called to inform my girlfriend and I that her OxyBlue was damaged over 3% MSRP (it had been sitting in SC for 3 weeks and I was wondering if that was the case) and MINI won't be selling the car to us.

Another car has been ordered as its replacement and should be here in mid April.

She's getting impatient. Although MINI of SA has been really great. They are giving her a temporary MINI to drive around until then.

Here are some specs:

09 Oxygen Blue Cooper/Manual :D
White Roof/Mirros
Bonnet Stripes
White Turn Signals
Front Fogs
Rear Fog
Xenons
Aero Kit
White 16" Bridge Spokes
Sport Seats
Cloth
Leather MultiFunc Wheel
Driving Lamps

Until then I guess its just sit here and in this thread.
Be thankfuul they owned up to the damage. And are expecting you to refuuse the car and went out of their way to re-order her a new one. Yeah it's an inconvenience, but in the end "IT'S STILL A MINI!!"

(Ya' know what I mean??)

Old 02-26-2009, 04:29 PM
CooperDreams
2nd Gear
Bruiser is back and kicked his smoking habit! Oh my goodness, I absolutely love this little guy. The drive home was wonderful! Thanks to everyone for your support during this rough patch.

Old 02-26-2009, 04:59 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Bruiser is back and kicked his smoking habit! Oh my goodness, I absolutely love this little guy.
Alright! Glad to hear Bruiser's B--AAAA--CK and in fine form now!

Old 02-26-2009, 05:04 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Welcome afshawnt!! Sorry to hear about your MINI mis-hap, but I agree with RJ, it was good of them to 'fess up. Now (if you're anything like me) you can second-guess all your options for another coupla months. Yours sounds like a great order so maybe you won't be as neurotic as I was.

Don't worry, the time will pass and you'll have it just in time for spring. Well...our spring anyways.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:04 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
OMG!!!

In one week from Today...MOLLY WILL BE 1 YEAR OLD!!! She is L<3VED more and more everyday. She has her Delivery Anniversary Appointment scheduled for Friday, April 17th.

For her 1st Birthday she is getting...are you ready...*Drum Roll*...PLEASE!!!
British Flag Side Scuttles...Gotta' find a Pic. of 'em!!! Will definitely post pics. I'm not liking the long wait, but it will BE SOOOooooo worth it!!

Last edited by RJKimbell; 02-28-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:41 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hooray for Molley!!!!!! I still never see OBs on the road, except up at the dealership (which is around the corner).

Old 02-26-2009, 08:27 PM
Atomic17
2nd Gear
Funny thing, right after I had my first appointment with my MA to discuss ordering a MINI, I saw my one and only (so far) OB on the road - haven't seen one since, but I took it as a sign I was getting the right color!

Now if I can get thru the waiting part...

Old 02-27-2009, 04:19 PM
wannab drivin
3rd Gear
Cooper Dreams, so glad to hear you got Bruiser back!

I saw an OB/B parked in a business right behind where I work yesterday. I considered pulling in the parking lot and waiting until its owner came out. I thought that might be too stalkeresque, though...

And I saw my very first real life Silk Green yesterday going the opposite direction on the highway. What a pretty color!

Old 02-27-2009, 07:23 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Atomic17
Now if I can get thru the waiting part...
Ooooo, yeah, that is tough. Remember to get some rest because when the dealer does call you to tell you your MINI is in, it becomes a bit hard to sleep. Too much excitement!!

Old 02-28-2009, 06:51 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by wannab drivin
Cooper Dreams, so glad to hear you got Bruiser back!

I saw an OB/B parked in a business right behind where I work yesterday. I considered pulling in the parking lot and waiting until its owner came out. I thought that might be too stalkeresque, though...

And I saw my very first real life Silk Green yesterday going the opposite direction on the highway. What a pretty color!
Nonsense WannaB...they would have thought it was just as C@@L as you did seeing another one!!

We had taken a trip approx. 60miles down South and a Cabrio pulled in behind us and then park a few spots away. It was raining...He had his top down!!
We got out of our cars and I said "that's pretty brave", he explained that as long as you are moving the inside of the car does not get wet. I thought about introducing ourselves, but thought that might be a little uncomfortable for him. Oh well...it let's people know that we ALL have very unique and interesting cars.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:58 PM
catlvr2
Neutral
Hi! I've recently joined NAM. I'm a member of PSMini since last June and thought I'd better put a post on this forum too. Glad to see other OBs. Don't see too many around Seattle area.

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club