R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 04:01 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wannab drivin
I was envisioning some sort of day-long ritual
Right.....fortunately MINIs are small!!! Just glide it gently over the paint surface.

Old 04-27-2009, 05:44 PM
DanF
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by afshawnt
Finally Arrived :D :D
Love the looks of the factory aero package.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:58 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Hey gang, glad to see everyone's doing well.

Hopefully this isn't a no-no, but regretfully, I refer you to this thread on our local MINI Club site: http://miniclubofwny.activeboard.com...lastPostAnchor.

I will get over it, but I think it will take a while. Don't underestimate the ability of those MINIs to move 'on their own'...

Old 04-28-2009, 05:25 PM
wannab drivin
3rd Gear
Owwww! Sorry to hear this.
I will remember to always set my brake from now on.
I'm glad the damage was fairly minor and that it's already being repaired. A dented MINI is a sad thing, indeed.

I think I would cry.
OK, I'd come very close.

Old 04-28-2009, 05:31 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Ouch is right!!!

Old 04-28-2009, 05:35 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Ouch!!

Got a couple questions. One: Does anyone have a picture of an O2 Blue with sport stripes? And two: Are the xenon headlamps worth it or are the stock headlamps with fog lamps just as good?

Old 04-28-2009, 05:59 PM
wannab drivin
3rd Gear
Here's a fellow O2B poster's pic: (LindaPD)

If you find posts from Romo, he has the black stripes.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:34 PM
Atomic17
2nd Gear
Can't help with the sport stripes (Ianto's got the black bonnet stripes) but I am all for the xenon's - I deliberately test drove at night to see what the interior lighting looked like, and the demo I drove had xenon's, and I was like "whoa! these are BRIGHT" and immediately added them to my order. Well worth the extra $$..

Old 04-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Atomic17
2nd Gear
In other breaking news, I installed my JCW grille tonight. Everything was going well, until the last piece, the bottom chrome trim, wouldn't go back on...so I took the grille back off, snapped the chrome trim directly onto the grille (sure, NOW it goes on fine) then snapped the whole thing into place.

THEN I noticed the scratches on the top of the bumper. Tiny, maybe 1/2 an inch, about 4 of them. No one else can see them, but I can. They glare at me everytime I look at the car. Granted, no where near the damage like Ted's car has (so sorry to see that, glad no one (or dog) was hurt!) but now I want it fixed ASAP. Hopefully it'll be as easy as filling in the scratches with a little touch up paint and lightly polishing it even. Meanwhile, here are the before and afters:

Last edited by Atomic17; 05-15-2009 at 09:16 AM.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:14 AM
MINIxB
6th Gear
I like those sport stripes. I think we're going to add the xenon's to our order too.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:36 AM
MMMdonut
1st Gear
Hi everyone!

I haven't posted on the forums in a very long time and it's good to be back.

Tonight at 6:00 PM, I go to MINI of Towson and I become the owner of a new 2009 Oxygen Blue & White MINI Cooper!

I bought my first MINI in July 2005 and I had her until April 13, 2009, I was the owner of a Chile Red & White MINI Cooper. There are photos of her from over those four happy motoring years here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/will_bu...7616888255522/

On April 13th I nodded off on the AM commute and went off an exit ramp. No one else was involved and thanks to Red 5 and the hand of God, I wasn't injured. The total damage to my girl was $13,500.

So last Friday I went to MINI of Towson and I changed colors. I just couldn't get another red one, as silly as that may sound. But I've loved the Oxygen Blue color since I first saw it on the road over a year ago.

Now that I've changed colors, I need to figure out how to change my user name.

Here's to many years of Oxygen Blue motoring!

Old 04-29-2009, 12:26 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RedFive
Here's to many years of Oxygen Blue motoring!
Welcome aboard, OxygenBlueFive!!!

Old 04-29-2009, 05:53 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Thanks for the condolences everyone. Since that fateful day, I have learned that MINIs have been known to roll even when left in gear, let alone without the emergency brake. Some of you long-time MINI owners can probably chime in on that one, but I can assure you I won't be leaving the MINI without the e-brake engaged anymore.

RedFive, welcome to the Blue side. You took kind of a dangerous route to our midst. Glad you survived without injury or worse! Keep us posted on your new wheels!

Old 04-30-2009, 04:43 AM
MMMdonut
1st Gear
Thanks to my wife, here's the first photo of my new girl.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/will_burnham/3486858437/

Old 04-30-2009, 04:52 AM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Fantastic! It looks like you're both smiling (and I'm sure your wife is too)!

Congratulations!

Old 04-30-2009, 05:21 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Very nice Oxygen Blue MINI!!!

Old 04-30-2009, 12:13 PM
MMMdonut
1st Gear
Thanks! I am now off to MINI of Towson to get my bonnet stripes.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:03 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Nice Mini!! Are you going to put star wars decals on it too? I'm pretty sure when we get our new Mini we'll put something star wars on it... Speaking of new Mini, My honey and I talked and decided to put off buying the new Mini until next year when the Classic is paid for and we'll have some more money freed up. Then I can get the aero kit with it too :D

Old 05-01-2009, 07:52 AM
MMMdonut
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MINIxB
Nice Mini!! Are you going to put star wars decals on it too? I'm pretty sure when we get our new Mini we'll put something star wars on it...
Thanks.

This time I am moving to a Simpson's theme, being as big a Simpson's fan as I am a Star Wars' fan, and being that my new MINI is blue and white like Homer's pants and shirt. And I named him Homer last night. I am working on art (the process will probably take three or more months like Red 5 did. And I am looking at different ideas for Maryland vanity tags. I figured that all of the variations for HOMER were taken and I was right. That's not a big deal too me, as I didn't really want to go in that direction for a tag. My head is just bursting with lots of ideas.

Here's Homer with the bonnet stripes. http://www.flickr.com/photos/will_burnham/3489502281/

Do you folks have a hard time getting the OB color balanced right in photographs?

Old 05-01-2009, 10:08 AM
MMMdonut
1st Gear
I have the Golden Age of Flight calendar for 2009 in my office and when I changed it to May... http://www.gladstonemedia.com/2009/m...=goldenagew_01 That World War II US Navy TBM Avenger sure looks like Oxygen Blue!

Old 05-01-2009, 10:46 AM
CooperDreams
2nd Gear
RedFive - Homer looks great! I have had mine for almost 3 months now...time really flies! I find the color in person looks different at all times of the day, and I think it is best viewed in person!

Tedswoods - Oh my goodness...I am so sorry to hear about your little incident. Glad everything is on the road to recovery. When I was reading your post on the other forum I saw you were headed to Jamestown. My grandparents have a cabin in Mayville not too far from there. They spent their winters here in Texas and Summers in Mayville. We used to go up there when I was a kid. It is just beautiful!

Hello everyone else!! I haven't been to the forum in weeks. I just finished up a Stats class, so hopefully life will get a little more normal!

Hope everyone is well and enjoying their Friday!

Old 05-01-2009, 10:51 AM
CooperDreams
2nd Gear
RJ - sorry I forgot to mention that Molly's new scuttles look great! That is the one modification that I have had on my mind since I picked up Bruiser. I am leaning towards chrome ones though, but the union jacks are awesome!

Old 05-01-2009, 10:58 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
I saw two Oxygen Blue MINIs in motion within 15 seconds of each other!!!! However, I was 1) at the MINI dealership at the time and 2) one of the MINIs was my own (coming back from the service department being driving by a tech). Still....it was weird!!!

Old 05-01-2009, 12:30 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CooperDreams
RJ - sorry I forgot to mention that Molly's new scuttles look great! That is the one modification that I have had on my mind since I picked up Bruiser. I am leaning towards chrome ones though, but the union jacks are awesome!
Thanks CD!! She's a bit dirty right now, but this weekend hopefully I will be able to detail her and get some better pics. It sure has changed her pesonality that's for sure.

Old 05-02-2009, 04:38 AM
tedswoods
5th Gear
'Morning all!

RedFive--Homer looks great! Based on RedFive, can't wait to see what you're going to do with it! You're right--that calendar picture is a dead ringer for O2B.

CD--Get Out! That is amazing! If you're ever up this way, gimme a shout. This is a beautiful part of NYS. I grew up in the Finger Lakes area, then was out in the northwestern US for about 20 years. I had almost forgotten how nice NY could be. I've never been to TX but hope to get there someday. I'd like to take the MINI to see the wildflowers; I've heard they're an outstanding sight!

RJ, I should be washing the MINI today too, but it's a little pointless since my hood and front skirting will all be replaced in a couple weeks. Not to mention all those parts are covered (no plastered) with bugs from our trip to / from Watkins Glen last weekend. As for the side scuttles, I thought I'd seen some with a checkered flag theme? I'm thinking of those, with the large checkerboard dash to put the finisihing touches on ted's car.

gokart, maybe we should bite the bullet and organize an O2B round-up. Although I do love our color, it was great fun to see all the variations at Watkins Glen last weekend. There were about 30 MINIs in our group! (http://miniclubofwny.activeboard.com...icID=26083305), p. 3 or 4.

OK, gotta go. It's a beautiful day here in WNY and I've got to get out Motoring. tedscar may be a little bruised but it still drives like a champ!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club