R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 07:38 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tedswoods
'Morning all!

RJ, I should be washing the MINI today too, but it's a little pointless since my hood and front skirting will all be replaced in a couple weeks. Not to mention all those parts are covered (no plastered) with bugs from our trip to / from Watkins Glen last weekend. As for the side scuttles, I thought I'd seen some with a checkered flag theme? I'm thinking of those, with the large checkerboard dash to put the finisihing touches on ted's car.

OK, gotta go. It's a beautiful day here in WNY and I've got to get out Motoring. tedscar may be a little bruised but it still drives like a champ!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Tedswoods...I've not been able to see the pics. of your mishap, there are 'x'd' out in the posts I've seen. I was very sad to hear that your beloved O2Blue was bruised. I can't tell you how upset I would be if Molly had an owie like that.

Ok...happier note...I really like the Checkered Flags too, but Molly just seemed a bit to Diva-ish to be wearing Checkered Flags!!

Enjoy your nice WNY Weather today, the PNW is RAINY!!

Old 05-03-2009, 07:25 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RJ, thanks for your sympathy. Oh I was upset! Still am, but realize it won't change anything. Hopefully, it'll be good as new in a couple weeks. I forgot about the xed out pics for non-registered users of that site. I think I'm near my limit on NAM; I don't know whether I can deleted pics on old posts to make more allocated space of if I have to buy a membership or what. I may still have your email address; if so I can send you a pic (but I dont' want to make you cry).

Did you post pics of Molly's new side scuttles? Over at Watkins Glen last weekend I saw several MINIs with those scuttle on, but alas I was the the only Oxy Blue. They must look really great against our color, eh? I didn't see them in your gallery. Time for an update???

Old 05-03-2009, 08:00 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
RJ, thanks for your sympathy. Oh I was upset! Still am, but realize it won't change anything. Hopefully, it'll be good as new in a couple weeks. I forgot about the xed out pics for non-registered users of that site. I think I'm near my limit on NAM; I don't know whether I can deleted pics on old posts to make more allocated space of if I have to buy a membership or what. I may still have your email address; if so I can send you a pic (but I dont' want to make you cry).

Did you post pics of Molly's new side scuttles? Over at Watkins Glen last weekend I saw several MINIs with those scuttle on, but alas I was the the only Oxy Blue. They must look really great against our color, eh? I didn't see them in your gallery. Time for an update???
Yes please e-mail me pics., if I cry it won't be your fault...I promise!!
As for Molly's Birthday Present, see Pg. 77 post #1916!! They do look FANTASTIC against the O2Blue that's for sure...I'm NOT a PROUD Mom...am I??!! YES I AM!!

Old 05-04-2009, 08:42 PM
minitimes
1st Gear
Just ordered my MINI!!

OK, I just ordered it today, but it's on its way.

OxyBlue/w, chrome exterior, tuscan beige/anthracite interior, UJ side scuttle, white sport stripes. Woo! So glad I took the plunge. I've seen a few MCs round these parts, but nary an OxyBlue.

Old 05-05-2009, 04:56 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by minitimes
I just ordered it today
Awesome!!!!!!!

Old 05-05-2009, 06:59 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Welcome minitimes! You'll have plenty of room here to pace while waiting for your O2B MINI to arrive (and many understanding yaehoos to commiserate with). Sounds like a great combo! Congratulations!

Last edited by tedswoods; 05-05-2009 at 07:08 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:33 PM
minitimes
1st Gear
Yay thanks! My MA said it could arrive in June, as there were a few May slots left for production. Now begins the extreeeemely long wait until it arrives. But that's ok, it gives me a chance to think of a name for her. :D

Old 05-06-2009, 02:35 PM
MMMdonut
1st Gear
Hello!

I am looking to get a badge holder and badges for Homer. Do any of you use the MINIswag badge holder and if so what do you think of it? http://miniswag.com/grillebadges1.html

I'd like to hear your thoughts and opinions on the subject.

Thanks.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:57 PM
MMMdonut
1st Gear
Homer and I went motoring around Howard, Baltimore and Anne Arundel counties this evening. We drove around for a solid hour and a half on highways, back roads, twisty and hilly roads. If you live around Ellicott City, MD, I suggest New Cut Road for tight turns and College Ave for camel backs.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/will_burnham/3511883866/

Last edited by MMMdonut; 05-07-2009 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Add link to photo, since I couldn't get it to post here.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:23 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MMMdonut
Well since you asked here my 2 cents, fwiw. I was used to badge quality that could be found on classic cars, so I have never been pleased with the quality or mounting of MINI badges. That said, a few clubs have invested in proper, metal, embossed badges, and that is more appropriate...but bolting the thing flush to the grill always seemed off-tradition to me. Nevermind the printed versions with faux graphic simulation of embossing. Looks cheap on a car that isn't. Now if it's all about fun, fine, I won't agrue that, but I won't accessorize with cheap products...only the best. Needless to say, I opted out of badges for both of my MINIs. Of course I opted out of stripes, too, due to BMW/MINI insistance on placing them wrongly on the bonnet from the very start. I'm a snob...I admit it.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:52 AM
MMMdonut
1st Gear
Your opinion gives me a different way of looking at badges. All thoughts are appreciated. Even from snobs

I keep hearing the line, "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!"

Old 05-08-2009, 08:58 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Even from snobs
I know...I'm pretty bad. Of course, if a total snob chooses Oxygen Blue.....well that says volumes!!!

Old 05-08-2009, 01:51 PM
DanF
5th Gear
Hello!

I am looking to get a badge holder and badges for Homer. Do any of you use the MINIswag badge holder and if so what do you think of it? http://miniswag.com/grillebadges1.html

Thanks.
If you have the chrome grill that badge holder will not mount on it unless you find some extra long screws. The chrome grill is deeper than the R50/R53 grill. I replaced my chrome grill with the JCW grill just so I can put badges on it. I'm with gokartride on the badges though, I've only installed metal/brass badges. Just not too crazy about the magnetic badge.

Old 05-09-2009, 01:11 AM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Can't help you on the badge holder, MMM but glad you and Homer had a good outing. I see Homer was buckled in (sort of). I'm sure he enjoyed the MINI's outstanding handling that way. Good luck on the badge holder pursuit.

Old 05-10-2009, 05:48 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Had a first today. I saw an Oxygen Blue MINI headed in the opposite direction (on Cooper Street...go figure) and the other driver saw me in my MINI. Big smilin', full arm waves out the open windows. It was just a super (and incredibly rare) moment...apparently for both of us!!!!

Old 05-10-2009, 06:18 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
In opposite directions no less. I'm guessing not enough time to snap a pic., so I guess we'll have to take your word for it!! Were you thinking you were going to hit a Mirror??!!

Old 05-10-2009, 06:24 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Were you thinking you were going to hit a Mirror??!!
It was like family!!!!!!!

Old 05-11-2009, 06:43 AM
Tennessee Cutty
2nd Gear
cool man, gotta love them sport stripes and chrome package! did you get the chrome gas cap? See my sig pics

Old 05-11-2009, 07:49 AM
MMMdonut
1st Gear
Can't help you on the badge holder, MMM but glad you and Homer had a good outing. I see Homer was buckled in (sort of). I'm sure he enjoyed the MINI's outstanding handling that way. Good luck on the badge holder pursuit.

After more research and reading the replies, I am going to skip the badges, unless I find something down the road that's really nice. Thanks for the input guys.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:16 PM
MMMdonut
1st Gear
Homer and me this afternoon on the same spot I photographed my first MINI.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/will_bu...7617464829695/

This past Sunday Jenne and I took Homer out into Shenandoah Valley for a long drive in the country. 262 miles. This weekend we leave for a week long vacation in the Outer Banks!

Old 05-12-2009, 07:51 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Looks like Homer and your car are both Very Happy!! Enjoy your Vacation...I'm sure you'll miss your MINI, but you can do another 262 mile run when you get back!!

Old 05-13-2009, 05:49 AM
MMMdonut
1st Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Looks like Homer and your car are both Very Happy!! Enjoy your Vacation...I'm sure you'll miss your MINI, but you can do another 262 mile run when you get back!!

My MINI's name is Homer. I'm the tall guy in the photo. My wife and I are taking Homer to the Outer Banks with us.

OH! My new Philip's X-treme H13 headlamps arrive this evening just in time for our vacation trip!

http://www.bulbs.com/eSpec.aspx?ID=1...f2=Light+Bulbs

I raised the headlight angle two nights ago. The factory default is too low.

Old 05-13-2009, 04:20 PM
MMMdonut
1st Gear
The Philips X-Treme came today! The hardest part about installing them was getting them out of the package! I was so afraid of breaking them. I used surgical gloves to remove the OEM bulbs and install the new ones.

The actual installation was easy!

I'm going to take a ride tonight and see how well they light my way. I let you know what I think.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:18 AM
Atomic17
2nd Gear
And in breaking news, Atomic17 finally took pictures of his new grille! We had 2 days of sunshine (back to clouds and rain today), but I was able to wash/wax/detail Ianto on Monday and I snapped a few pics of the new grille (yup, it looks like all the other OxyBlue's with a JCW grille, but I love it)!

And I saw my twin again the other day - same color/roof/stripes. No chrome package or sport package though, and the other driver will NOT wave no matter how many times I do. Her loss.

Attached Thumbnails Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club-newgrille1.jpg  
Old 05-14-2009, 11:36 AM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Atomic17
And in breaking news, Atomic17 finally took pictures of his new grille! We had 2 days of sunshine (back to clouds and rain today), but I was able to wash/wax/detail Ianto on Monday and I snapped a few pics of the new grille (yup, it looks like all the other OxyBlue's with a JCW grille, but I love it)!

And I saw my twin again the other day - same color/roof/stripes. No chrome package or sport package though, and the other driver will NOT wave no matter how many times I do. Her loss.
The Grill looks really good with the Black Roof/stripes.

I thought about it for our White trim OB, but I'm not sure it'll look as good.

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club