R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 03:57 AM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey momma--good to know you're still among us, even if just to pop in now and then. As the Queen of this group, you hold a special place in the Oxy Blue Hall o' Fame!

Can't say that I do recognize the connection between your tattoo and our esteemed club (other than the color of the name), but it looks great anyway!

Hope you have a little more time for Motoring soon...and please, stop by again. Always good to hear the haps from the original O2B Queen.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:08 AM
YourBoyRay
2nd Gear
Mine is a boy and his name is SportyShorty27 and a jock, like his daddy:

Old 08-16-2009, 11:34 AM
mommashine
4th Gear
You are correct. The rest of it is a tribute to my brother. I was going to get the letters in grey and the tattoo artist said they would fade fast so he suggested I pick a color. How could I resist? Now even my tattoo matches my car... :-D

It seems like just yesterday I started this thread. I can't believe it, 2.5 yrs and 30,000 miles later; my love and devotion is still strong for my girl, GE-MINI. She's got a few scrapes and dents and she's dirty more often than shes clean, but I love her just the same. I STILL have people stop me and ask what the color is called.

Originally Posted by tedswoods
Hey momma--good to know you're still among us, even if just to pop in now and then. As the Queen of this group, you hold a special place in the Oxy Blue Hall o' Fame!

Can't say that I do recognize the connection between your tattoo and our esteemed club (other than the color of the name), but it looks great anyway!

Hope you have a little more time for Motoring soon...and please, stop by again. Always good to hear the haps from the original O2B Queen.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:46 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Originally Posted by YourBoyRay
Mine is a boy and his name is SportyShorty27 and a jock, like his daddy:
Welcome OurBoyRay! Nice looking Oxy Blue you got there. I like the white wheels, but am glad I don't have 'em myself. Too many dairy farms in our part of the world. Looks like maybe you don't have to worry about that...

Happy Motoring and welcome to the club!

Originally Posted by mommashine
Now even my tattoo matches my car... :-D
PERFECT

Originally Posted by mommashine
It seems like just yesterday I started this thread. I can't believe it, 2.5 yrs and 30,000 miles later; my love and devotion is still strong for my girl, GE-MINI. She's got a few scrapes and dents and she's dirty more often than shes clean, but I love her just the same. I STILL have people stop me and ask what the color is called.
I hear ya! I just turned 25,000 miles on tedscar tonight! (and it's not quite a year old yet!) I still love that Oxygen Blue. I'm worried they're going to stop making the color. I feel like I should get another one just to have a backup, but of course, that gets a little spendy. I guess I'll just have to treat this one right so it lasts a good long time (even with lots of miles on it)...

Old 08-17-2009, 08:46 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On our way to work this morning Hubby and I saw one of OUR Bretheren...an OB/W with a different Hind End than my Molly Car. It had OR Plates, who ever owns it better speak up!!

I couldn't get close enough to it to acknowledge it's COOLNESS!!

Molly will be visiting her Birthplace next month. She's going in for her 20,000 mile check-up. I think this is the one where they replace the Front Brakes, at least the OBC says it's time for Front Brakes. I'm waiting for the 1 1/2 Year Delivery Anniversary (Oct. 19th) for her next Oil Change (every 6mo.) and New Tires.

BTW Tedswoods...I'll be glad when they discontinue OUR OB Color, then it will be that much more rare...and there won't be so many on the road. I've seen less than 10, more like 5 OB/W/B's besides my Baby Girl. One day it will happen.

Old 08-18-2009, 06:08 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
BTW Tedswoods...I'll be glad when they discontinue OUR OB Color, then it will be that much more rare..One day it will happen.
So does that mean I SHOULD get my spare MINI now, while they still make this color??? What are you going to do RJ, when that day comes when Miss Molly just can't go any further and you can't get another Oxy Blue...?

Old 08-18-2009, 07:40 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
So does that mean I SHOULD get my spare MINI now, while they still make this color??? What are you going to do RJ, when that day comes when Miss Molly just can't go any further and you can't get another Oxy Blue...?
There will always be a color that you just can't live without!! My next NEW Car won't be until the wheels fall off of MOLLY so I've got a while to decide on what unique color to choose next!!

Molly will FINALLY get to be the Garage Queen in 20mo. and when that happens I'll be preserving HER and her OXYGEN BLUENESS!!

Did I share with the OB Crowd that I Re-Fied Molly's Loan down to 3.75% from 5.48%, same terms just a better interest rate!! Will be paying her off ASAP so Hubby can get HIS Dream Car...what ever that is!!

Old 08-19-2009, 06:04 AM
Atomic17
2nd Gear
Relax, people, relax....we can always get a few gallons of Oxy Blue paint, and when (or if ) our present Oxy's go, we can adopt another MINI (preferably a Pure Silver, it's the closest color to bare sheetmetal) and just paint ourselves another Oxy Blue MINI! Problem solved!

If they do discontinue our color, we'd better stock up on touch-up paint for sure

I just saw my MA last week, and she gave no indication that OB is going away, at least for the next model year (although they dropped Mellow Yellow, and made that horrid Interchange Yellow available across the model range - yuck!)

Old 08-19-2009, 06:01 PM
YourBoyRay
2nd Gear
well tedswood... i like in the suburbs in an area called horse country ...so nice, and many mini drivers in the area, there is at least 2 mini coopers per street, my mini is the only oxy blue in the area, but thats fine. its intereting how many live close to me....(You have some explaining to do SportShorty27!!! So you've been out drinking gasoline with the others and messing around with the girl MINIs in the area huh?? don't you know how worried you make me when i wake up at 2 am and you just got home, don't make me send you to your garage!) yeah white rims are slave work to keep clean. i was warned but i wanted them so badly. Plus i got them at a sweet price.

Old 08-23-2009, 05:25 PM
mommashine
4th Gear
walmart has a nail polish color called 'hot rod' that's pretty close... maybe we could just get a metric ton of that from the manufacturer...

Old 08-23-2009, 07:50 PM
redkiwi
1st Gear
I wanna join, por favor

Relatively newish here; I've only had my oxygen blue 2009 mini since June. My sister and I dubbed him, "Atori" or Finch, which is also a play on "aoi tori" or blue bird in Japanese. LOL, just got the custom atori license plate today in the mail. Also, my sister and I are working on getting a custom roof graphic with a finch graphic on it. We already plastered a decal of a finch by the license plate.

So, it's only fitting that atori join in with the oxy blue club. If you'll have me :3

Besides the oxy blue mini, my sister and I also have a chili red 2009 cooper. We live in tempe arizona. I don't really see many Oxy blues around in Tempe sadly. Mostly chili reds.

I've posted some photos too.

Here is Atori with the Queen Mary in the background in Long Beach CA

And here is Atori perched in the mountains in Bisbee AZ

Old 08-24-2009, 06:55 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Great to have you redkiwi! Welcome to the Club. As you can see, some of these folks are awful passionate about their Oxy Blues. And of course, one of the best things is that so few people seemed to have swallowed the oxy kool-aid, thus they seem to be much rarer than many / most of the other colors. Atori is a fine lookin' MINI, wherever it's parked!

Good to know several of you have excellent back-up plans for having a stash of Oxygen Blue on hand in times of crisis. That will prevent me from ordering another tomorrow when I'm up at the dealer anyway! RJ--great news on the refinance! Ray, if that MINI ever acts up (again) and you need to find a less crowded stable, send 'im on up here to western NY--the grass is always greener here! mommashine, I'm just thrilled you're back among us--now what happened to gokartride? My, it's hard to keep track of everyone!

As you were, everyone, Motor on and do our Oxy Blue proud!

Last edited by tedswoods; 08-25-2009 at 02:36 AM.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:13 PM
redkiwi
1st Gear
I'm starting to notice how rare it is to see another oxy blue. Though, I did manage to see a nice looking one parked outside the chase bank I went to. Had to park right by it. :3

Old 08-25-2009, 05:21 PM
Oxybluecoop
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
After traveling from Charlotte to Ocala to Augusta and back to Washington DC this past weekend and not seeing any MINI's on the Interstates at all I passed an O2 Blue a few minutes ago on the return trip from the coffee house without so much as a look from the driver.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:20 PM
Oxybluecoop
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Took a few pics this morning.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:11 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by redkiwi
Relatively newish here; I've only had my oxygen blue 2009 mini since June. My sister and I dubbed him, "Atori" or Finch, which is also a play on "aoi tori" or blue bird in Japanese. LOL, just got the custom atori license plate today in the mail. Also, my sister and I are working on getting a custom roof graphic with a finch graphic on it. We already plastered a decal of a finch by the license plate.

So, it's only fitting that atori join in with the oxy blue club. If you'll have me :3

Besides the oxy blue mini, my sister and I also have a chili red 2009 cooper. We live in tempe arizona. I don't really see many Oxy blues around in Tempe sadly. Mostly chili reds.

I've posted some photos too.

Here is Atori with the Queen Mary in the background in Long Beach CA

And here is Atori perched in the mountains in Bisbee AZ
Welcome Redkiwi the clan of Oxy Blues are honored you've chosen to join us!!

If you were in the Tempe/Mesa/Chandler this last March you might have spied Molly and I tooling around. I had a Family Emergency down there and took Molly along to introduce her to her Extended Family. I stayed at the Dobson Ranch Best Western. Took Molly to North Scottsdale MINI for a Mini Tune-up while we were there. I'm a PHX Metro Native (since the Age of 2). You might PM me and see if in our travels around the area we've bumped into each other, it would be great to connect with someone who still has ties to the area.

As you can see, some of these folks are awful passionate about their Oxy Blues. And of course, one of the best things is that so few people seemed to have swallowed the oxy kool-aid, thus they seem to be much rarer than many / most of the other colors.
As you were, everyone, Motor on and do our Oxy Blue proud!
Fanatics we are Ted...the GOOD kind of course!! I am still marveling at Molly and how much L<3VE I have for her. I'm still !!

BTW we just passed the 20,000 mile mark today.

She'll be visiting Rasmussen on the 4th for her Front Brakes, OBC says it's time. Then on Oct. 19th (1.5yr Anniversary) she'll be getting some New Shoes and an Oil Change.

Originally Posted by OXYBLUECOOP
Took a few pics this morning.
Love the pics. OxyBlueCoop...such a scerene place and beautiful as well!!

Last edited by RJKimbell; 08-26-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:37 PM
Abbey
1st Gear
New to the club, love my mini

Hi all. I have been wandering around the site for a while waiting for Abbey to arrive and she finally did. I have had her for a little over a week and so far I love it. I am in the Nashville area and was wondering if there are any other Nashville oxygen blue owners on here. I have seen a few around town but don't know who they are.

Here is a pic of my beloved abbey.

Attached Thumbnails Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club-dscf1404.jpg  
Old 08-26-2009, 07:47 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Welcome to the Family Abbey!! We OxyBlue's are all over, I've seen a couple around these parts, but like you don't exactly know who they are. Most times I've not gotten close enough to acknowledge them, but when I do...I WAVE like a Mad Woman!! Just ask my Husband, he tries to hide every time!!

Oh...but tonight on the way home he told me he was 3rd in line or tailing a couple of MCs and got a W@VE from one of them...WooHoo!!

Old 08-27-2009, 07:58 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Don't have much time tonight, but welcome to the gang Abbey! We all know the fun you're having and share in the revelry! OXYBLUECOOP--those are some great pics! Looks like a nice peaceful, quiet spot. Hope you had a greaat time! Congrats RJ on those 20K+ pure joy motorin' miles!

Old 08-28-2009, 03:05 PM
redkiwi
1st Gear
Welcome Redkiwi the clan of Oxy Blues are honored you've chosen to join us!!

If you were in the Tempe/Mesa/Chandler this last March you might have spied Molly and I tooling around. I had a Family Emergency down there and took Molly along to introduce her to her Extended Family. I stayed at the Dobson Ranch Best Western. Took Molly to North Scottsdale MINI for a Mini Tune-up while we were there. I'm a PHX Metro Native (since the Age of 2). You might PM me and see if in our travels around the area we've bumped into each other, it would be great to connect with someone who still has ties to the area.

Oh An arizona native! Most people here I've met are like me, midwestern transplants. Oh...I was living in Chandler in March. I might have spied you...lol, dunno really. It would have been one month before I got my chili red mini. :3

If you find yourself in arizona sometime have a look for my oxy blue

Old 09-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Dory the Cooper
2nd Gear
So after having my car dented for 2 months I finally got it fixed!

Before

After

It took them 3 weeks to fix my little girl but she is all better now!! Well I did discover that while playing around with my grill they had glued something down that shouldn't be glued down!

Now with her almost better it is time for some upgrades! I got some checker stuff and with the help of tedwood I hope to get the stuff installed! I will take some pictures when I am all done.....the parts should be in on Friday.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:16 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Molly will be visiting Rasmussen on Friday. The OBC is saying it's time for Front Brakes. That's all I'm going to have them do for now, then next Month is her 1 1/2yr. Anniversary so she'll get some New Shoes, an Oil Change, Wiper Blades, and what ever else I can find!!

I've been making a List of Upgrades to come...(not in any specific order)
Roof Rack
Driving Lights
Tint
Wheels
.....I'm sure I can find LOTS more to add!!

Old 09-12-2009, 06:46 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
After too, too long, I finally washed and Hydroed teds MINI! OMG do I feel better! I cannot STAND having the MINI dirty (and it was dirty) but we've had lots of rain this summer, lots of roadwork, and of course, lot's of dairy here in farm country. Nonetheless, it looks great again and I think Ted would be proud!

Old 09-12-2009, 08:18 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Ted is up in Doggy Heaven chasing his tail, looking down on you knowing that you're keeping his car in great shape!!

Molly got her Front Brake Pads replaced, the Sunroof was out of spec in 4 areas, and they fixed a Secret Compartment rattle. She's got a Clean Bill of Health!!

Next month will be her Semi-Annual Check-up (my dime), she'll get NEW Tires, an Oil Change, the Micron Filter replaced (Hubby's Allergies), and New Wiper Blades.

October 19th is our 1 1/2yr. Anniversary...Time FLIES when you're having FUN!!

Old 09-13-2009, 01:17 AM
MINIxB
6th Gear
they fixed a Secret Compartment rattle.

There's a secret compartment rattle?? Is it kinda loud? I think I have it in my Mini

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club