R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 08:36 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MINIxb...nice to see you!! The Secret Compartment Rattle would go away when you pushed in on the SC Door, seems like they just added some felt somewhere and now the rattle is no more!!

Old 09-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yay, welcome to all the new members that have arrived since my last visit here!

It's been 2,000 miles (if I could have my way I'd have 10,000 by now) and I still can't stop grinning behind the wheel of my dear Basil. Finally gotten the hang of the 6-speed and I really love the rush I get at higher speeds.
Not to mention it's just too cool to have people stop me at stop lights and say how much they love my car -- I do, too!
He's almost halfway paid off too... yay. !! Hopefully I'll be able to pay him off sometime by mid next-year... so he'll be ALL MINE!

Old 09-15-2009, 07:40 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Congratulations Agent.COOPER! We certainly know the euphoria you're experiencing in that fine-looking O2B Cooper. Enjoy the rest of Motoring season and keep us posted on your adventures!

Old 09-15-2009, 08:29 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
I got a New Sig...

S@@!!

Old 09-18-2009, 07:51 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
S@@!!
REALLY??!! No one is going to comment on MY way C@@L Sig??!!

Old 09-19-2009, 05:38 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
My, RJ, that is an awfully cool sig! Seems I see a custom license plate for Ms. Molly; is that right?

Old 09-19-2009, 06:37 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
YEPPER!! COOPERRation ROCKS!!!

Old 10-09-2009, 07:00 AM
wludavid
1st Gear
HELLO! RJKimbell found me over in first gear posting about my newly-ordered O2 Blue Mini and encouraged me to introduce myself here.

The stats:

Oxygen blue with white roof/mirrors/stripes
Cold weather package
Sport Suspension
DTC
Sport Seats
Punch Carbon Leather

The expected completion date is Oct 14th. Needless to say, I'm excited. And after reading this thread, I'm glad I went with Oxyblue rather than Chili Red. There are so many CR/W minis out there -- two on my block alone!

Old 10-09-2009, 02:08 PM
KevinC
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Congrats!

How "newly-ordered"? Oct 14th is only 5 days away.

Old 10-09-2009, 03:06 PM
wludavid
1st Gear
Ordered October 6, and apparently started production on the 7th.

Old 10-09-2009, 03:45 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Yesssssss! Another O2 fan! Welcome aboard wludavid! As you've already discovered, you're in good (?), understanding company here! Build specs sounds like you'll have a great MINI; be sure to post pics.

Clear your calendar 'cuz you'll be Motoring!

Old 10-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
Wow! That's a really quick completion! Congrats on your new addition and welcome to the club!
I wish I would've had the chance to actually order mine (although it wouldn't have been too different). My old car died though so I had to yank one off the lot. So sad. :( Would've chosen white roof and a few less features but I'm very pleased with my baby so it's okay!

Best of luck! Enjoy your new O2B MINI!

Old 10-09-2009, 05:25 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
I've ordered a new set of Shoes for Molly today. She's going to be wearing these...

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...grid_ci2_s.jpg

Gettin' them put on on OUR 1.5yr. Anniversary (Oct. 19th)!!

Last edited by RJKimbell; 10-11-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:30 PM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
Yaaay!

So I took Basil out for his first run with his brothers/sisters of Bluegrass MINIs. All I can say is, what a blast!

We had a great deal of fun. Loving the windy, twisty roads just east of here!

Here are a few pics of where our trip took us:

I wish I would've had a passenger -- would've loved some action shots through those roads!

Old 10-19-2009, 04:16 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Love the pics. AC, Basil looks right at home with his brothers/sisters. Glad you had a great time. Next time ask a Friend!!

Molly is having a Slumber Party tonight at Rasmussen, she was not quite finished when we needed to retrive her. I sadly had to drive home an '09 328i Bimmer!!

Old 10-22-2009, 03:47 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Love the pics. AC, Basil looks right at home with his brothers/sisters. Glad you had a great time. Next time ask a Friend!!

Molly is having a Slumber Party tonight at Rasmussen, she was not quite finished when we needed to retrive her. I sadly had to drive home an '09 328i Bimmer!!
I agree with RJ, AC--MINI runs are best shared (but only with those who are worthy, of course). RJ, sorry Miss Molly is away from the stable tonight. Hopefully you can take that icky BMW back to its rightful place tomorrow.

I've been crazy-busy, including a trip to see other MINI friends last weekend. How's this for a doozey of a picture? The sign is probably hard to see but it says "Parking for MINI Coopers Only".

Attached Thumbnails Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club-pa180310_2.jpg  
Old 10-22-2009, 08:16 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by tedswoods
I agree with RJ, AC--MINI runs are best shared (but only with those who are worthy, of course). RJ, sorry Miss Molly is away from the stable tonight. Hopefully you can take that icky BMW back to its rightful place tomorrow.

I've been crazy-busy, including a trip to see other MINI friends last weekend. How's this for a doozey of a picture? The sign is probably hard to see but it says "Parking for MINI Coopers Only".
Tedswoods that looks like my kind of Retreat, I love the woodsy area, where is the picture taken?? Keeping busy with MINI Friends can't be that bad!!

Molly is back home wearing her new shoes. They are awesome, still a bit noisy, but I've read that that will tame themselves after a few more miles. She drives and rides so differently, I pushed her a bit tonight up to 70+mph on the freeway, I didn't want to get to crazy, I'll wait 'til I've put a good couple hundred miles on these new shoes and see what they'll do.

I had a bit of a scare however, while I was cleaning off Molly's Rims where the weights were removed, I noticed that the Dealership left off a Left Front Wheel Weight, so I had Hubby take Molly back today to recheck Tire Balance, everything checked out. Is it normal for a Tire/Wheel not to need weights??

They had missed a rattle as well, that was fixed today, but sadly they scratched the Fluid Silver Finish on the Passenger Door, so she will have to go back for a fix on that at some point. Hubby was really good about it, he checked her over and noticed this, told our SA and she had another person look at it to determine what options we had. It will be repaired, but if we aren't satisfied they will replace it.

Old 10-24-2009, 04:19 PM
wannab drivin
3rd Gear
Hey all! I haven't been here for awhile but thought I'd drop in to say hi. I took my MINI for her first long road trip last week. We drove to Philly. She did great and I got around 38-39 MPG doing 80+ most of the time. I hit 5K miles on the trip. She's about 10 months old now. I'm still in love!

Old 10-30-2009, 12:16 PM
laurenrobinette5
Neutral
Got my MINI!

Got my MINI 3 weeks ago! I am in love, he is handsome and perfect!
Took him for a little road trip up to Davis, CA for some more open roads.
Waiting for plates to arrive: LIL STIG

Stats:
Oxygen blue with white roof/mirrors/stripes/lights
Premium package
Center armrest
Sports seats
Carbon black checkered cloth
Comfort Bluetooth and USB iPod
15 alloy wheels rotator spoke

Old 10-30-2009, 09:30 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
L@@KS like he's getting ready for his 1st PARTY!! Welcome to you too Lauren!!

Old 11-01-2009, 10:20 AM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Tedswoods that looks like my kind of Retreat, I love the woodsy area, where is the picture taken??

...I noticed that the Dealership left off a Left Front Wheel Weight, so I had Hubby take Molly back today to recheck Tire Balance, everything checked out. Is it normal for a Tire/Wheel not to need weights??
RJ, sorry I've been largely absent. The MINI gathering was up outside of Watertown NY. Some friends that we met here actually! We had a great time with them and their four dogs!

As for the tire weights, I had a similar concern after I got a new pair of tires a couple months ago. I posted about it in the Tires / Wheels section; several folks chimed in that sometimes the tires can actually be balanced without having symmetric weights. I don't think I'd ever seen it either and it seemed off to me too. In my case, when I took it back to the tire shop, they did end up putting a weight back on. (The tire shop also reefed the lug bolts to the point that I actually broke a socket wrench taking the tire off later. It was a cheap socket, but still... it especially cheesed me off since I had specifically told them the specs on tightening it!)

Originally Posted by wannab drivin
Hey all! I haven't been here for awhile but thought I'd drop in to say hi. I took my MINI for her first long road trip last week. We drove to Philly. She did great and I got around 38-39 MPG doing 80+ most of the time. I hit 5K miles on the trip. She's about 10 months old now. I'm still in love!
wannab, so glad to hear you're still having fun. The long road trips with the MINI are the best, aren't they?? I too get dang-near 40 mpg most of the time. Seems like the gas distributors have found the 'sweet spot' where most people don't complain, but having fun in the MINI and getting 40 mpg puts a smile on my face!

Originally Posted by laurenrobinette5

Got my MINI 3 weeks ago! I am in love, he is handsome and perfect!
Took him for a little road trip up to Davis, CA for some more open roads.
Waiting for plates to arrive: LIL STIG

Stats:
Oxygen blue with white roof/mirrors/stripes/lights
Premium package
Center armrest
Sports seats
Carbon black checkered cloth
Comfort Bluetooth and USB iPod
15 alloy wheels rotator spoke
Excellent! Good for you laurenrobinette! Love to have new additions to the gang here. Your specs seem like a great combo! Have so much fun--we share your joy!

And in other news, we have a new dog! I don't have pics of her in the MINI yet, so it would be illegal to post them here, but I will post in the Dogs thread. It was a difficult decision because we still miss Ted like crazy and weren't sure we were ready. Howver, this little stray from Ohio seemed like a special dog with all the right qualities. If our first 24 hours are any indication, I think this will work out just fine. Even though we've made it clear to Carmen that she's riding in Ted's car, I think she's going to be another perfect MINI travelling companion...

Old 11-01-2009, 06:41 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by tedswoods
RJ, sorry I've been largely absent. The MINI gathering was up outside of Watertown NY. Some friends that we met here actually! We had a great time with them and their four dogs!

As for the tire weights, I had a similar concern after I got a new pair of tires a couple months ago. I posted about it in the Tires / Wheels section; several folks chimed in that sometimes the tires can actually be balanced without having symmetric weights. I don't think I'd ever seen it either and it seemed off to me too. In my case, when I took it back to the tire shop, they did end up putting a weight back on. (The tire shop also reefed the lug bolts to the point that I actually broke a socket wrench taking the tire off later. It was a cheap socket, but still... it especially cheesed me off since I had specifically told them the specs on tightening it!)

wannab, so glad to hear you're still having fun. The long road trips with the MINI are the best, aren't they?? I too get dang-near 40 mpg most of the time. Seems like the gas distributors have found the 'sweet spot' where most people don't complain, but having fun in the MINI and getting 40 mpg puts a smile on my face!

Excellent! Good for you laurenrobinette! Love to have new additions to the gang here. Your specs seem like a great combo! Have so much fun--we share your joy!

And in other news, we have a new dog! I don't have pics of her in the MINI yet, so it would be illegal to post them here, but I will post in the Dogs thread. It was a difficult decision because we still miss Ted like crazy and weren't sure we were ready. Howver, this little stray from Ohio seemed like a special dog with all the right qualities. If our first 24 hours are any indication, I think this will work out just fine. Even though we've made it clear to Carmen that she's riding in Ted's car, I think she's going to be another perfect MINI travelling companion...
Well Ted we can't blame you for going out and having some FUN...now can we??!!

And I see you've picked up a HitchHiker...Good for you!! Carmen certainly is a Lucky Dog!! Ted will not be forgotten, he lives in your Heart!!

I'm really liking the choice of Tires I put on Molly, we've had a bit of rain and so far they have proven to be very good at keeping Molly straight and true. Our commute has become a bit of a hassle, we have a massive Construction Project going on near my work, the roads have been cut up like you wouldn't believe, and we actually have to drive down a Cobblestone Road to get to my work now, plus I work in an industrial area with LOTS of old Railroad Tracks.

Last edited by RJKimbell; 11-04-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:04 AM
Tennessee Cutty
2nd Gear
I got new tires on Jim about a month or so ago and they didn't use any weights on the outside of the rim, only the inside. The balance seems to be fine and the wheels are easier to clean. should I be concerned? I'm not. Maybe I should be though since I got my tires at Sam's Club!

Old 11-04-2009, 11:43 AM
laurenrobinette5
Neutral
Halloween MINIs

Classic Mini, MINI Cooper, and both together.
The bonnet on the Classic opened.

Happy MINI Halloween!

Old 11-05-2009, 06:46 AM
wludavid
1st Gear
I am now in possesion of a beautiful new Oxygen Blue Mini! I picked her up from the dealer last night, then went out and put about 40 miles on the odometer.

I'll post pics as soon as I can figure out how.

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club