R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 06:51 AM
wludavid
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 11-05-2009, 11:59 AM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Looks like your Mini made friends with a wall...

Old 11-05-2009, 12:55 PM
wludavid
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MINIxB
Looks like your Mini made friends with a wall...
You're not the first to notice that. That "wall" is actually the carraige door to my garage. The doors are pretty loose, so I pull up and nudge it with the license plate. When the door moves, I stop the car. It keeps the back as much out of the sidewalk as possible.

Old 11-05-2009, 02:19 PM
wannab drivin
3rd Gear
There's a secret compartment rattle?? Is it kinda loud? I think I have it in my Mini
I have a rattle coming from the driver's side dash area. I hear it at around 2,000 RPMs. I have touched/pressed on everything around there but can't find it to make it stop. Rattles make me crazy!
Any suggestions?

Oh, this happened right near my home this AM; slight bit of snow fell:

Driver was buckled; walked away unhurt.

Old 11-11-2009, 04:50 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Cool pics laurenrobinette!

wludavid--welcome to the blue side. We're a special shade of blue, as you well know...

wannab, looks like the driver was more than buckled...but I'll leave it at that...

Old 11-23-2009, 01:41 PM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
Almost 6 months since I've had Basil and it feels like he's still brand new to me. Sadly, only a little over 4,000 miles. Ah well!

Very very few issues, all of which minor. One time randomly stalled on me in a parking spot -- that was only once and was deemed as bad gas (the car had been idling a bit weird, all of this went away with a fresh tank of gas)...
and dying on startup once in below freezing weather, not too worried about this one.
That is AMAZING in comparison to my old car. My Jeep had a major, disabling problem around once every two months. TWICE it burst into smoke on the highway and became undriveable. The quickest trip from the dealer was two days. Got it back, two days later, had to bring it back for an unrelated repair. LONGEST I think it lasted was around 4 months... not including wear like oil changes... etc...

As for the others, welcome! Nice car! Annnnd, love the pumpkins! If I forgot anything feel free to smack me :P I've gotta go to school!

Old 11-27-2009, 06:08 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Agent.COOPER--glad you're having a blast! How can you only have 4,000 miles on your MINI? (Maybe it's going to school and all--that can take up a little time and offset a few miles, eh?) Sounds like the MINI has been a big improvement over the Jeep. You'll be pleased to know that with over 30K miles now I still haven't had any issues (I really hope I don't regret typing that!). Have a blast when you can! Your sig pic shows a nice shiney MINI--I wish mine looked like that now. Even before our first real snow today, the weather and my work schedule have set me waaayyyyy off course for keeping the MINI clean. I really can't stand it...

Old 12-10-2009, 09:24 AM
CooperDreams
2nd Gear
Hi Everyone! I have not been to the site in months...Things are crazy with school and work. Bruiser is doing well, and just turned over 9000 miles...I can't believe it has already been a year since my hubby suprised me by ordering my dream car.

RJ - you would be disappointed to know that I haven't washed him in awhile - we were in a severe drought over the summer and the city has finally lifted the watering restrictions - but it has been raining almost every weekend when I plan to give him a much needed bath. Maybe this will be the weekend!

Old 12-10-2009, 03:34 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Hey, thanks for stopping by CooperDreams. I know how it goes when life gets too busy; it makes it hard to keep up here. But keep checking in and letting us know about your adventures. And RJ, I have to join CD as delinquent in the MINI cleanliness department. It's killed me to see it dirty, but between work and the weather--it hasn't been a good combo this year (since sometime last spring).

On the bright side though, our group is doing the 2nd Annual Toy Drive next weekend. Hopefully we'll have a good turnout to deliver toys for needy kids and be able to do something productive with our MINIs!

Old 12-14-2009, 07:59 AM
LilBonnieBelle
1st Gear
Oxygen Blue Owner

I am an Oxygen Blue Owner of a 2009. I love my Baby!

Old 12-17-2009, 03:41 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Welcome aboard LilBonnie! Let's see some pics of your Baby!

Old 12-17-2009, 04:20 PM
LilBonnieBelle
1st Gear
OK I will post a pic just like my baby looks!

Old 12-30-2009, 04:31 PM
atori
1st Gear
I don't think I have ever posted here before but my sister (redkiwi) has. I got some work done on our oxy mini and I wanted to share the pictures with everyone here.

So here is a few pictures of Atori's new roof graphic and turning the chrome parts to white. Mike from Aesthetic Creations here in Arizona printed the roof graphic and installed it. I designed the koi fish, and he added bubbles for me. Graphic was printed and installed the same day, and he also did the white out the same day as well. Some of the parts are molded, while others are vinyl wraps. He did an amazing job! I'm going to have him work on the chrome belt as well, and I need to do something about that chrome cooper on the back. I also want to side graphics and do interior work as well next year

Last edited by atori; 12-30-2009 at 05:11 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:18 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Congratulations atori! Talk about 'youification'. Very cool design for the roof and I like the mod on the chrome parts. I think it looks great!

It's also nice to see a clean O2B MINI...unfortunately mine hasn't had the luxury in a while and our temps are not conducive to a bath just now.

Happy Motoring!

Old 01-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by LilBonnieBelle
OK I will post a pic just like my baby looks!
Hey, just like ours (except the amber signals)!

Originally Posted by atori
I don't think I have ever posted here before but my sister (redkiwi) has. I got some work done on our oxy mini and I wanted to share the pictures with everyone here.

So here is a few pictures of Atori's new roof graphic and turning the chrome parts to white. Mike from Aesthetic Creations here in Arizona printed the roof graphic and installed it. I designed the koi fish, and he added bubbles for me. Graphic was printed and installed the same day, and he also did the white out the same day as well. Some of the parts are molded, while others are vinyl wraps. He did an amazing job! I'm going to have him work on the chrome belt as well, and I need to do something about that chrome cooper on the back. I also want to side graphics and do interior work as well next year

I haven't been around much, but I don't think I've seen the white-out look before... at least not on the grill. Very unique.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:12 AM
Supercoopr
3rd Gear
Very cool! I really like your roof graphic and white grille! Well done :-)

Old 01-06-2010, 07:19 PM
atori
1st Gear
Thanks for the nice feedback! I'm very pleased with the outcome as well. Again major props to Mike at Aesthetic Creations. He does A+ work!

My sister and I disliked the chrome and since the roof/mirros/bonnet stripes/rims are white, we thought a "white-out" instead of the black-out would be more appropriate for atori. We are really enjoying the youification aspect of this car. I'll continue to post photos of atori's transformation. We have some ideas planned for 2010 now. I think we'll start working on the interior

Old 01-06-2010, 08:44 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've got some modding ideas of my own...Molly will be sporting the following beginning in April, and more once I can get the $$ (not in any order)...
Awesome New Wheels
Driving Lights
MCS Grille
Roof Rack
Shorty Antenna (still toying with this one)
Tinted Windows
This could grow, but those are what's on my mind at the moment!!

You do know Atori...once the Bug has Bitten...you won't be turning back!!

Old 01-07-2010, 06:00 AM
atori
1st Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
I've got some modding ideas of my own...Molly will be sporting the following beginning in April, and more once I can get the $$ (not in any order)...
Awesome New Wheels
Driving Lights
MCS Grille
Roof Rack
Shorty Antenna (still toying with this one)
Tinted Windows
This could grow, but those are what's on my mind at the moment!!

You do know Atori...once the Bug has Bitten...you won't be turning back!!
Those all sound like great modding ideas! I got Atori tinted before I took delivery of the car. It's ESSENTIAL here in Arizona. The mcs grille is a good choice too.

I'm also toying with the idea of a short antenna. The one we currently have looks too "toyish" But not sure if we will switch out atori's antenna. Do you have any suggestions for good short antennas?

lol money is always the problem. We're saving up for round two now

Old 01-07-2010, 08:52 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those all sound like great modding ideas! I got Atori tinted before I took delivery of the car. It's ESSENTIAL here in Arizona. The mcs grille is a good choice too.

I'm also toying with the idea of a short antenna. The one we currently have looks too "toyish" But not sure if we will switch out atori's antenna. Do you have any suggestions for good short antennas?

lol money is always the problem. We're saving up for round two now
Are you an AZ Native or a somewhere else throwback??!! I grew up in the PHX Metro Area. Molly and I took a trip back to the Chandler/Mesa area last March due to a Family Emergency, thankfully my GPS got us to where we needed to go, I don't think I could have gotten around with out it, that Traffic has gotten 100% worse than what I remember!!

I think a lot of people like the OutMotoring Shorty Antenna, you might try to do a search on it...it's not something on my immediate list so I've not researched it a whole lot.

Old 01-08-2010, 05:58 AM
atori
1st Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Are you an AZ Native or a somewhere else throwback??!! I grew up in the PHX Metro Area. Molly and I took a trip back to the Chandler/Mesa area last March due to a Family Emergency, thankfully my GPS got us to where we needed to go, I don't think I could have gotten around with out it, that Traffic has gotten 100% worse than what I remember!!

I think a lot of people like the OutMotoring Shorty Antenna, you might try to do a search on it...it's not something on my immediate list so I've not researched it a whole lot.
Ah no. My sister and I are not natives in Arizona. We grew up in Illinois, but once we both got our degrees, we moved out to Arizona a couple of years ago. If you are ever in the area though, look us up!

Thanks. I'll go have a look at outmotoring shorty. Still not sure if I'm going to go for the short antenna. Maybe I can use it on the chili red

Old 01-08-2010, 11:48 AM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Nice looking roof graphic

Old 01-08-2010, 04:14 PM
atori
1st Gear
Nice looking roof graphic
thanks, very much^^

Old 01-15-2010, 11:11 AM
Alethio0176
Neutral
Ah no. My sister and I are not natives in Arizona. We grew up in Illinois, but once we both got our degrees, we moved out to Arizona a couple of years ago.
Hello all. I (and Charlotte, often just referred to as "Baby") currently live in the western burbs of Chicago, but I'm seriously considering moving out to Chandler, AZ once I'm done with school - sometime around the end of the year. Based upon what you said, I think I'm going to have to start saving for some tinted windows.

Old 01-15-2010, 06:45 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Hi Alethio! Welcome to NAM and the O2Blue hangout!

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club