R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 09:25 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hubby, Molly and I had quite a scare tonight!! I made my normal left hand turn from a Major Intersection onto a road that eventually ends up being the road we live on, 1.6mi. from the major intersection, there is a Gas Station on the left as I make my turn, on the right is a Park & Rob Bus Terminal, just beyond the Gas Station is a side road, you always have to be careful of IDIOTS coming out of the Gas Station wanting to merge into traffic, the IDIOTS pulling out of the Park & Rob and (like tonight) the MAJOR IDIOT WHO HAD HIS HEAD UP HIS...YOU KNOW WHERE!! He turned right out in front of US, did not even blink an eye!!

He would have HURT my Baby and THEN...HE'D HAVE TO DIE!!

I came within about 4ft. of T-Boning the guy...I know 4ft. seems like a lot, but let me tell you when you are "Standing" on the Brakes and the ABS is Chattering and Grinding like it was 4ft. is TO CLOSE FOR COMFORT!! Molly stopped very quickly and kept ALL 3 of US out of Harms way...I LOVE HER SO MUCH!!

I had to have a Cuervo Gold Grande Margarita to Calm Down!!

Last edited by RJKimbell; 01-16-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:22 AM
Dory the Cooper
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Discountined?!?!?

So I have been looking into upgrading my car. I love my car but I wish I would have waited and ordered it to get everything I REALLY wanted!

Instead of going into the dealers here is SoCal I have been just emailing them. Well I wake up this morning and one of the emails says that "or your information this color will be discontinued as of next moth production as it was intended for a short period of time." What the heck does that mean?!?!

I really want to upgrade my car cause the time is right and I could get a really good deal on either a car on the lot or even an ordered car. I hate the say this to my I have been looking at Horizon Blue also. Please dont kick me out of the club for saying this!!

Old 01-16-2010, 02:50 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Wow RJ--that is scary! Glad you and the precious Miss Molly escaped almost completely unscathed (well, nothing a Cuervo Gold Grande margarita couldn't fix)!

Not too long after I got my MINI I had almost the same thing happen, except with a van and not with teenagers. I saw them about to pull out as I was approaching and thought for sure they could see me. A few seconds later, when I was almost to them, they started to pull out! I floored it and got out of the way, but I wondered how in the world they hadn't seen me.

Dory--good to hear from you, but what this you speak of??? For my sake (and it is all about ME, right?) I hope you're wrong about Oxygen Blue 'cuz I'm nowhere near ready to upgrade and it would be such a bummer to lose this color! I've eyeballed the Horiz Blue too, but I really like the Oxy much better! Please keep us posted if you hear anything "official". I did a quick search after I read your post but couldn't find anything confirming the rumor.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:44 PM
wannab drivin
3rd Gear
Hey guys. I haven't been here in a while.
I just brought mine into Boston for her 1 year service. She has about 6,700 miles now after almost 13 months of happy ownership. She still looks like new! And still makes me

Old 01-19-2010, 02:16 PM
Davidoyo
4th Gear
Saw you!!

Originally Posted by annasassy86

kind of new here, got my mini in may but am just now posting! i love my car...
Hey!

I was driving around campus today getting some lunch and saw your Mini parked with some NAM stickers on it. So I thought to myself, maybe this person posted in the oxygen blue owners club. So I took a long shot and found your post! It's nice to see another Mini owner who is on NAM. If you ever want to take a peek at my Mini I always park in the business school parking garage on the second floor. Also, are these pictures from downtown Waco? I have been meaning to take some pictures of my Mini since I have just added a few mods and have been looking for a place to take some good pictures.

Old 01-20-2010, 06:15 PM
atori
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Alethio0176
Hello all. I (and Charlotte, often just referred to as "Baby") currently live in the western burbs of Chicago, but I'm seriously considering moving out to Chandler, AZ once I'm done with school - sometime around the end of the year. Based upon what you said, I think I'm going to have to start saving for some tinted windows.

Hello and welcome! If you consider moving to Chandler Arizona and want some information, just let me know. I lived in Chandler for over a year and loved it there. Just recently I moved to Tempe (only a few miles up the road). There are lots of minis out here, and a really active mini cooper club full of great people.

@ RJKimbell OMG! I'm very glad you are all ok, and the mini was able to stop and avert what could have been a bad situation. Keep safe out there, and watch for the idiots

I kind of had a similar event happen, but mine was mini vrs pedestrian. Some idiot jaywalker just walked into oncomming traffic and my chili red mini had to slam on the brakes to avert hitting the idiot. we stopped and let the profanities fly.

I have to say, I am glad to drive these little cars. They sure keep me safe by avoiding what could be horrible situations.

Old 01-20-2010, 06:21 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by atori
@ RJKimbell OMG! I'm very glad you are all ok, and the mini was able to stop and avert what could have been a bad situation. Keep safe out there, and watch for the idiots

I kind of had a similar event happen, but mine was mini vrs pedestrian. Some idiot jaywalker just walked into oncomming traffic and my chili red mini had to slam on the brakes to avert hitting the idiot. we stopped and let the profanities fly.
Ted, you know how OCD I am about Molly...if something did happen to her, the guy would be Hamburger by now!!
Thanks Atori...yeah, it was hair raising that's for sure. Now if I can just keep the IDIOTS off Molly's A**...I'd be Happy!!

Last edited by RJKimbell; 01-20-2010 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:27 PM
Oxybluecoop
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Dory the Cooper
Instead of going into the dealers here is SoCal I have been just emailing them. Well I wake up this morning and one of the emails says that "or your information this color will be discontinued as of next moth production as it was intended for a short period of time." What the heck does that mean?!?!
I was told the same thing from an MA. Hasta La Vista Oxygen Blue

Old 01-20-2010, 08:01 PM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by OXYBLUECOOP
I was told the same thing from an MA. Hasta La Vista Oxygen Blue
Well, I've already got one, so it's not THAT upsetting to me... but what is disappointing is the way that current MINI color pallet is going.

They're adding another silver/gray, and eliminating one of the bolder colors.

I suppose they added Interchange Yellow, but that's for Verts only.

Hopefully a few years from now MINIs are still available in colors other than silver.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:48 PM
Andy G
1st Gear
Hi, would one of you guys do me a favour?

Say Hi to Magic Carl over on totalMINI, he's just set up the Oxygen Blue Owners club on there but is a one man member, so not really a club.

here's the link Oxygen Blue Owners TotalMINI

many thanks
Andy

Old 01-21-2010, 03:19 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Well...it's Official...Molly will be getting her Windows Tinted for my Birthday next Month (19th), for those Newbies, I ordered Molly on my Birthday (Feb. 08).

I will have to get her cleaned up before then for a before and after pic.

Still researching companies, and will visit those I deem worthy of putting a hand on Molly...will let you all know what I find out during my hunt!!

I'm also thinking more of the RC Car L@@K so I think I'm going to rule out the Stubby Antenna as a mod.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:16 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Well hello friends old & new!

I don't even know where to start...

I can't believe we have to say goodbye to O2B already! I LOVE this color. And since I did mine up with Mellow Yellow colorline and got the checkerboard dash (all in Ted the terrier's honor), I know I won't be able to duplicate. I think I'll always have a MINI, always in Ted's honor, but I guess I'll have to be creative in the future.

RJ--wow you have a lot of cool mods planned! Please keep us posted and photo'ed on all of them! I really want to see how the tinted windows look; have toyed with that one myself...

Sunny here today and almost above 30 degrees. Almost official MINI washing weather!

Alright, let's everybody be safe out there!

Old 01-22-2010, 05:43 PM
atori
1st Gear
It saddens me about the oxy blue being discontinued. There aren't enough oxy blues around as is.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:31 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
I'm not sad about Oxy Blue going away, in fact I predicted that it wouldn't be around for long (didn't know it would be this short of a run though). Our Babies will be more valuable sooner, due to the Unique Color and the Paddle Shifters, that's another rarity, since 2008 Models are the last models to have Paddle Shifters!!

So no more crying about it...Hug your Baby and GO MOTOR!!

Old 01-26-2010, 08:31 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Well...it's Official...Molly will be getting her Windows Tinted for my Birthday next Month (19th), for those Newbies, I ordered Molly on my Birthday (Feb. 08).

I will have to get her cleaned up before then for a before and after pic.

Still researching companies, and will visit those I deem worthy of putting a hand on Molly...will let you all know what I find out during my hunt!!

I'm also thinking more of the RC Car L@@K so I think I'm going to rule out the Stubby Antenna as a mod.
I narrowed down my Tint Shop, here's what I found on my search...Molly's Appointment is for Friday, February 19th @ 9:30AM.

I decided to call 3 local shops (2 in PDX, 1 in Vancouver), I visited the one in Vancouver last Saturday, I called the other ones yesterday and Today.

I made my choice basiclly on how I was treated as a consumer and a women. The most Local shop will not be getting my business because they had a laxidasical attitude...I prefer to give my hard earned $$ to someone who actually seems to enjoy what they do and give good customer service at the same time, this shop was the cheapest ($150) BTW.

The 1st Portland shop was answered by a "moron", sorry, but I was put on hold for a min. or so and again, no enthusiasm...cost $180...not going there.

The 2nd Portland shop was answered by a person who didn't really know what was going on, but at least didn't put me on hold and took my name and number and someone called me back pretty quickly, left a message in a voice that sounded sincere and happy to have my business, also told me about a Special that was running through the end of the month, but since I'm not having the tint done by the end of the month they quoted $199, yes it's a bit more but i have an inside source that they do good work.

A fellow co-worker for Christmas had his wife's MINI tinted there, I've been able to see it quite a few times, she comes in after work and works out in our Workout Room or Yoga Room, I like what I see...so that is what my decision is based on!!

Anyone else in the PNW need Window Tinting should use Auto Trim Design in Portland, OR!!

Last edited by RJKimbell; 01-27-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:00 AM
atori
1st Gear
Oh cool. glad you got your appointment and I hope the shop does a great job. Take photos of her makeover

Old 01-27-2010, 04:29 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Great to hear you've selected a place that (hopefully) will take very loving care of Miss Molly, RJ. Keep us posted...I took Carmen, our little adopted dog, on a little adventure last weekend and I think she's going to like tedscar better with tinted windows, so I'll be anxious to hear all about your experience!

Legally in NY, from what I've found, 70% or more of the visible transmitted light must be allowed through front and back side windows. That doesn't seem like a whole lot o' tintin' to me, or Carmen...

Good (?) reference here: http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/

Last edited by tedswoods; 01-27-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:42 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Oh cool. glad you got your appointment and I hope the shop does a great job. Take photos of her makeover
Oh, you can bet a Boat Load of Pics. Atori!!

Originally Posted by tedswoods
Great to hear you've selected a place that (hopefully) will take very loving care of Miss Molly, RJ. Keep us posted...I took Carmen, our little adopted dog, on a little adventure last weekend and I think she's going to like tedscar better with tinted windows, so I'll be anxious to hear all about your experience!

Legally in NY, from what I've found, 70% or more of the visible transmitted light must be allowed through front and back side windows. That doesn't seem like a whole lot o' tintin' to me, or Carmen...

Good (?) reference here: http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/
Does seem pretty skimpy Tedswoods, but at least you are able to do it...someone from CA had told me that they cannot do any Window Tinting...so then why are all of Cal-i-forn-ia Cars dressed up to be Pimp Mobiles??!!

Old 01-28-2010, 02:17 AM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
terribly sorry for not posting for so long! I've been extremely busy. But I have some bad news....

This is Basil after just getting ready to celebrate 8 months, just passing 5,000 on the odometer. He's in Cincinnati right now for unknown reasons :(

Horrendous smell from the exhaust, shuddering really bad, extremely touchy accelerator, chattering under the engine and amost stalling when in neutral. Made a few popping noises like he was backfiring too...

I'm really missing my baby! I want him back NOW... ugh. And knowing Oxygen blue is gone upsets me as well! To switch it with interchange yellow... yuck!

Old 01-28-2010, 04:39 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Oh NOO AC! It looks and sounds grim but I hope maybe it's something relatively 'simple' like a computer malfunction or some such thing. I can imagine how upsetting it is--first the symptoms, then to see poor Basil on the tow truck. I'll keep my fingers and tires crossed everything works out well--keep us posted...

Old 01-28-2010, 06:10 PM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear

My baby's back! That was really quick... Probably around 26 hours total from them taking him to me getting him back.

It was the oxygen sensor (Ironic due to the color, eh?). All is good! I drove him from where they dropped him off to where I park him at night and I don't ever remember him driving so smooth. Usually he shudders at least a little or has some sort of vibration -- guess I just got used to it and assumed it was normal. I didn't notice a single shudder. It felt *lovely*.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:20 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
WOOO HOOO!! Basil is HEALED!! Glad it wasn't catastrophi AC, I'm sure Basil is as glad to be HOME as you are to have him Home!!

Old 01-28-2010, 06:38 PM
atori
1st Gear
Glad basil got fixed and all is well now!

Oh, my chili red finally got his own personalized plate "Klavier" (piano in German) Chili red has piano black interior surface and me being a piano player who speaks german, well, Klavier is perfect.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:16 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Glad basil got fixed and all is well now!

Oh, my chili red finally got his own personalized plate "Klavier" (piano in German) Chili red has piano black interior surface and me being a piano player who speaks german, well, Klavier is perfect.
Great Atori...now for a pic.!!

Old 01-30-2010, 09:23 AM
atori
1st Gear
I'll have to get the car washed first before I post a photo of the chili red. Its been raining here and the car is all dirty...

Anyways, here's a photo of me and atori we took a week ago when our mini club went into wine country in southern arizona.

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club