R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 11:40 AM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Just got my JCW grill and "Build-a-badge" badge holder in the mail, so it'll be the first significant exterior change for our MINI... other than hitting the deer. :D

I'll post pics when it's done.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:11 AM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just posting as an excuse to test out my new signature forgive me!

Blainestang, you hit a deer? Oh noooo :( Sorry to hear that! But what exactly is this "Build-a-badge" thing? I don't think I've ever heard of it.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:22 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Agent.COOPER
Just posting as an excuse to test out my new signature forgive me!
C@@L!!

Old 01-31-2010, 02:30 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
AC--so glad to hear Basil's issue was relatively minimal, though the irony of the oxygen sensor being the problem was humorous! Perhaps it was really a warning that MINI's running out of O2Blues, which would probably cause any of our MINIs to slow down and sputter...By the way, I like the new signature!

Blainstang, glad you or yours weren't hurt by the deer (you didn't actually say one way or another, so I hope I'm interpreting correctly). I hope your MINI is all fixed up and ready to Motor in no time!

Old 01-31-2010, 05:51 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Blainestang
Just got my JCW grill and "Build-a-badge" badge holder in the mail, so it'll be the first significant exterior change for our MINI... other than hitting the deer. :D

I'll post pics when it's done.
What's a "Build-A-Badge"?

Old 02-01-2010, 06:12 AM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Regarding the deer incident... That was a few months ago, and both my wife and the MINI are fine (MINI needed some cosmetic work, but kept my wife safe), so that's what matters.

Regarding the "Build-a-Badge", esseneially it's the marriage of a classic metal grill badge with the regular magnetic ones. It's got a chrome or black chrome outer trim ring with a recessed center section for the magnetic badge.

A guy from our local MINI club, MINIBEE, makes them. I think his website is minibee62.com. There's a video and more info there.

I should be installing the JCW grill and "Build-a-Badge tonight, and I'll be sure to take pictures (although I don't actually have any badges yet )

Old 02-01-2010, 07:46 PM
atori
1st Gear
We did a drive from Mini of Tempe to Mini North Scottsdale on sunday...

thought I'd post some photos of the car

A coopers sign

The minis

the fountain at Fountain Hills

It was a beautiful day on Sunday for a nice drive. Perfect weather, good company, and a fun drive with the mini

Old 02-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Oxybluecoop
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Great pics!

Last edited by Oxybluecoop; 02-02-2010 at 08:12 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:31 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Love the pics. Atori...I am soooo jealous!! AZ still holds a Special Place in my Heart, but only to visit!!

Old 02-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Originally Posted by atori
We did a drive from Mini of Tempe to Mini North Scottsdale on sunday...
Man... our cars are really similar... at least as they were ordered.

OB/W with Sport Package, white Bridgespokes, white turn signals, and no rear fog. I think they were pretty much identical, exterior-wise, at least before all your mods.

Speaking of mods... just installed the JCW Grill and "Build-a-Badge". Sorry for the crappy pics and the naked badge holder. :D

Also, there's a significant gap between the grill and hood/upper chrome grill surround... but having looked at some other pics (from outmotoring, for instance), it seems normal-ish to have that gap.

Old 02-02-2010, 05:01 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Great pics atori! Looks like a fun event. And WARM! B & A--nice to see clean MINIs--thanks for the inspiration. Hopefully the temp will get back above 30 one of these days soon....

Old 02-02-2010, 05:22 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Blainestang

Also, there's a significant gap between the grill and hood/upper chrome grill surround... but having looked at some other pics (from outmotoring, for instance), it seems normal-ish to have that gap.

My MCS has a small gap between the grill and the bonnet. I think it's so you can open it better when you pull the bonnet release latch...

Old 02-02-2010, 06:10 PM
atori
1st Gear
@ Blainestang LOVE the new grill. Looks great! our minis doooo look similar, but we de-chromed ours

glad people liked the photos! I'll keep posting more.

Totally unrelated BUT we are getting a puppy! Two years without a dog and our apartment FINALLY is going to allow it! I'm already dreaming of motoring with the little dog.

Old 02-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIxB
My MCS has a small gap between the grill and the bonnet. I think it's so you can open it better when you pull the bonnet release latch...
Good call. It could be hard to get to the latch lever if there was no gap.

@ Blainestang LOVE the new grill. Looks great! our minis doooo look similar, but we de-chromed ours
Thanks! Yeah, we're going in different directions, but we started with a very similar car.

Totally unrelated BUT we are getting a puppy! Two years without a dog and our apartment FINALLY is going to allow it! I'm already dreaming of motoring with the little dog.
Have fun! We got our Great Dane puppy within days of our MINI, and we love both.

Old 02-03-2010, 01:21 PM
wannab drivin
3rd Gear
Sad news for Lucy. I have been laid up lately and haven't been driving her much. The other day I noticed a dent in the bonnet. We had a wicked wind and rain storm here about a week or so ago and a branch fell off a tree onto my precious. I was bummed.
I've gotten 2 estimates so far. One was for $800, the other closer to $1,000. I have a $500 deductible.
I'm worried that the paint won't match even though both places said they guarantee it for as long as I own her.
This is her damage:
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 02-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Originally Posted by wannab drivin
Sad news for Lucy. I have been laid up lately and haven't been driving her much. The other day I noticed a dent in the bonnet. We had a wicked wind and rain storm here about a week or so ago and a branch fell off a tree onto my precious. I was bummed.
I've gotten 2 estimates so far. One was for $800, the other closer to $1,000. I have a $500 deductible.
I'm worried that the paint won't match even though both places said they guarantee it for as long as I own her.
This is her damage:
[IMG][/IMG]
Sad...

I wouldn't worry too much about the paint matching. It hasn't had much time to fade or anything, so it shouldn't be hard to match.

Good luck!

Old 02-04-2010, 05:12 PM
atori
1st Gear
Ah sorry wannab drivin about your mini.

My chili red got a bad windshield crack, and the WHOLE windshield glass has to be replaced

THANK GOD! I have full coverage glass on my insurance policy. stupid trucks that throw rocks.

OH, and here's the new puppy. We bought him a safety seat harness things for safe motoring in the mini

Old 02-04-2010, 06:04 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Originally Posted by wannab drivin
This is her damage:
[IMG][/IMG]
The paint shouldn't be too hard to match since it's not a metallic color...

Old 02-04-2010, 08:29 PM
Blainestang
6th Gear
OH, and here's the new puppy. We bought him a safety seat harness things for safe motoring in the mini

So cute... what breed is he/she?

Old 02-05-2010, 02:19 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
wannabe--SO sorry about your ding / dent! I know from personal experience the anguish that brings (or something like it). Hopefully you'll get it all fixed up and looking like new in no time!

atori--awesome addition to your fam! Congratulations!

Old 02-05-2010, 04:45 PM
atori
1st Gear
Thanks! We are really loving him. He's most chihuahua and a little dachshund, so technically he's a Chiweenie. We named him Lubos. We're going to take him for his first motoring drive this weekend. Not too far, but we want to get him use to car driving and his safety harness for the when we have him on the looooong mini drives

Old 02-05-2010, 05:19 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Atori...Lubos is SUPER Cute!!

We would love to see pics. of him decked out in his Harness and enjoying the Ride!!

Enjoy the little guy and give him some (((Hugs))) from his MINI Family!!

Old 02-08-2010, 02:11 AM
diazalvaro
Neutral
I live at Baja Mexico; I'm the only one OB 2008 at the state. Its the best color. How i can buy a sticker of the OB Club?

Old 02-08-2010, 02:14 AM
diazalvaro
Neutral
From México

I have an OB 2008, its the only one at the baja. How i can buy a sticker of the OB Club?

Old 02-08-2010, 07:24 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
I don't know about buying the sticker. I think the badge graphics are on the first or second page of this thread (87 pages ago). Maybe you can make it into a sticker.

But anyways, welcome aboard! Nice to have an O2Blue south of the border!

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club