R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 02:28 AM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aw man, really? The only oxy blue? That's sad. I'm really sorry I couldn't make it, other stuff came up. :(
but in good news, Basil and I got into a magazine! MC2! I haven't seen it yet but our club was interviewed at MINIs on the Dragon. They posted the interviews and a photo (maybe more?) of our club. I can't wait to see! :D

Old 07-01-2010, 06:08 AM
atori
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Agent.COOPER
Aw man, really? The only oxy blue? That's sad. I'm really sorry I couldn't make it, other stuff came up. :(
but in good news, Basil and I got into a magazine! MC2! I haven't seen it yet but our club was interviewed at MINIs on the Dragon. They posted the interviews and a photo (maybe more?) of our club. I can't wait to see! :D
Oh! I was wondering whose oxy blue mini that was in MC2. I just got my copy this week and saw it. Very cool

Old 07-03-2010, 01:56 AM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
Yup! He's in there twice and there's a photo of my boyfriend and I standing next to him on page 28. he looks more like an electric blue in that picture though.

Old 07-03-2010, 05:09 AM
tedswoods
5th Gear
...but in good news, Basil and I got into a magazine! MC2! I haven't seen it yet but our club was interviewed at MINIs on the Dragon. They posted the interviews and a photo (maybe more?) of our club. I can't wait to see! :D
Way to go Agent.COOPER! Doing the OxyBlue proud!

I joined....wait a minute; DID I see ANY other OxyBlues?...for a trip up Mt. Washington a week ago today for http://minisontop.com/ . Over 200 MINIs up to the top of Mt. Washington! It was a very cool (as in ~40 degrees w/ ~40 mph winds) trip with what turned out to be about zero visibility (as in we were in the cloud created by the mountain). Very different experience than the year before when the weather cleared off just before our ascent. Still, all in all, a great MINI adventure!

Last edited by tedswoods; 07-03-2010 at 05:17 AM.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:40 AM
atori
1st Gear
Yup! He's in there twice and there's a photo of my boyfriend and I standing next to him on page 28. he looks more like an electric blue in that picture though.
Very cool! Im glad you and your mini got in the magazine

Old 07-13-2010, 05:58 PM
MrsD
Neutral
Yes, I feel like I belong!

I'm very happy to have found others like me...I mean like my mini.

I have a 2009 ob mini w/ black roof and love it. Some people have asked if mine is a custom color since I am a loner in my area.

Also, new to the forum and looking to learn more about my baby...

Old 07-13-2010, 06:03 PM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by MrsD
I'm very happy to have found others like me...I mean like my mini.

I have a 2009 ob mini w/ black roof and love it. Some people have asked if mine is a custom color since I am a loner in my area.

Also, new to the forum and looking to learn more about my baby...
Welcome, MrsD!

Glad you found us.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:49 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome!!
Please post pics. of your OB/B, we L@VE to ogle over our Babies!!

Old 07-14-2010, 04:08 AM
amberback
5th Gear
I don't think I've posted any photos of my baby yet. So... here's Mindy!

Dropping her off tonight at the graphics place to get a pretty roof graphic... what will I do without her till Saturday?!

Old 07-17-2010, 06:02 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Welcome MrsD.!!!! Always room for more of us here; stick around and tell us of your adventures!

Beautiful pics, amberback! My sister (who loves Apple and has been duly trained to love MINIs) will love your MAC MINI play on words / computers / license plates..you get my drift. I love that first pic you posted--the O2B MINI looks so fun in that otherwise somber setting! As for what you'll do without Mindy for a few days...I honestly have no idea. I'd go into withdrawals! (WHAT DID YOU DO?)

Old 07-17-2010, 07:05 PM
Oxybluecoop
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Great pics! The rear hatch looks so much more cleaner without the Cooper logo.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Blainestang
6th Gear
My OB/W MINI is starring in another How-To!

Oil Change How-To (R56)

I took all these pictures when I changed the oil the first time at ~1800 miles... and now, at 30,000 miles, I've just gotten around to posting them and adding captions. Hopefully, this can help some other people avoid spending $100+ on dealership oil changes.

Comments/suggestions/constructive criticism on the how-to is encouraged, btw.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:36 PM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Oxybluecoop
'07 R56 Oxygen Blue 148whp
Wow... that's great power for a Cooper. (You may have had that posted for a while, but I just saw it)

148whp can't be too far off what a stock MCS makes, is it?

Old 07-18-2010, 06:36 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Hey, Blainestang--thanks for yet-another of your wonderful DIY posts! The oil changes are something I've conquered, but it never hurts to have a refresher.

Happy (lubed-up) Motoring!

Old 07-18-2010, 07:17 PM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Originally Posted by tedswoods
Hey, Blainestang--thanks for yet-another of your wonderful DIY posts! The oil changes are something I've conquered, but it never hurts to have a refresher.

Happy (lubed-up) Motoring!
No problem... and yeah, I like a refresher every once in a while on oil changes since it's not something you want to screw up.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:11 AM
amberback
5th Gear
Roof is all done! (terrible picture though...)

And I also covered up that silly giant chrome glove box button.

Old 07-21-2010, 05:28 AM
amberback
5th Gear
Has anyone seen a JCW aero kit on an oxygen blue?

Old 08-17-2010, 05:53 AM
amberback
5th Gear
Hey! It has been quiet in here. Did you all go on vacation without me?

Anyways, went to the MTTS stop in Pittsburgh and was excited to see another Oxygen Blue there... till I saw it was just a loaner car from MINI of Sterling! Darn! Poor thing was dirtier than I knew was possible .

Old 08-17-2010, 06:16 PM
atori
1st Gear
Long time no post by me,

anyways, got back from MTTS & MITM. Had a great time, and saw two other oxy blue MINIs and one oxy blue classic!

here are two photos; one of the new grill badge we got for atori and another just of the car parked on one of the MTTS/MITM runs In Winter Park Colorado.

Mini takes the states was amazing.

Last edited by atori; 08-17-2010 at 06:23 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:12 PM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Originally Posted by amberback
Hey! It has been quiet in here. Did you all go on vacation without me?

Anyways, went to the MTTS stop in Pittsburgh and was excited to see another Oxygen Blue there... till I saw it was just a loaner car from MINI of Sterling! Darn! Poor thing was dirtier than I knew was possible .
You'd think they would wash the loaner cars? Hmm.

Anyway, I saw one other OB MINI on our Tampa-to-Atlanta only trip to MTTS... at the Braves game.

Originally Posted by atori
Long time no post by me,

anyways, got back from MTTS & MITM. Had a great time, and saw two other oxy blue MINIs and one oxy blue classic!

here are two photos; one of the new grill badge we got for atori and another just of the car parked on one of the MTTS/MITM runs In Winter Park Colorado.

Mini takes the states was amazing.

We bought one of those badges, too... but it's just going to be decoration in our "Car Room." It's an incredibly nice badge. At first, I thought it was just magnetic, and figured there was no way it would stay on while driving... too big and heavy (it's metal, for those who don't know).

Old 08-17-2010, 09:02 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Glad everyone had a Great Time at MTTS and MITM...wish we could have joined you!!

Molly has Officially become a Garage Queen, she's got a New Big Brother as in a 2010 Kia Soul Shadow Dragon SE3!!

I want to try and keep her under 30,000mi. before her 3rd Birthday which is in April and since she has 29,000mi. on her now she'll be garaged as much as possible from now until April.

Except for tomorrow she's going in for a Safety Inspection, Rasmussen MINI is sponsoring a MINI Track Day on the 26th, we are definitely going to that, and this Weekend the PDX MINI Club has a Run going up to the Astoria Maritime Museum, we're going on that too.

I've had to double up on my Detailing Supplies with 2 New Cars it's tough to keep up!!

Glad everyone is doing so well and still Lovin' that O2 Blue!! Also a Big Welcome to MrsD...you are in good company!!

Old 08-24-2010, 06:13 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Well, well...lots going on, eh? We have local MINI friends who did MTTS, but we haven't seen hide 'nor hair of 'em yet. Looking forward to pics and stories, but in all honesty, it looks like a bigger event than I'm up for. Glad to hear you had a great time, atori!

RJ--what is this garage queen business? As I read that sentence, I thought you got another MINI, but alas, that's not the case. I hope you have wonderful experience with the Kia, but I'll be waiting to see how long it is before you bust Miss Molly loose and Motor On! I'm (not really intentionally, but because I can't help myself) doing just the opposite.

I'm gearing up for a x-country trip--western NY to my old stomping grounds in the Pacific Northwest--MT, ID, WA, and OR. I've got lots of old friends there and really miss seeing those western landscapes. I'm going to try to stay clear of the interstates, and for once, see parts of the US I've just never had time to see before. Tedscar has over 46,000 miles on it now and I think Ted would want me to go for it!

Still some great Motoing weather ahead of us--have fun everyone!

Old 08-24-2010, 06:20 PM
Romo
2nd Gear
Oh man, you lead such an exciting life! Ted would be proud! Say hello to the Northwest for me--someday soon I hope to drive my Mini out there for a visit. I think there are some wonderful roads to be traveled.

P.S. There are also wonderful roads in northern New York that wouldn't mind you traveling them again...

Old 08-24-2010, 07:19 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by tedswoods
Well, well...lots going on, eh? We have local MINI friends who did MTTS, but we haven't seen hide 'nor hair of 'em yet. Looking forward to pics and stories, but in all honesty, it looks like a bigger event than I'm up for. Glad to hear you had a great time, atori!

RJ--what is this garage queen business? As I read that sentence, I thought you got another MINI, but alas, that's not the case. I hope you have wonderful experience with the Kia, but I'll be waiting to see how long it is before you bust Miss Molly loose and Motor On! I'm (not really intentionally, but because I can't help myself) doing just the opposite.

I'm gearing up for a x-country trip--western NY to my old stomping grounds in the Pacific Northwest--MT, ID, WA, and OR. I've got lots of old friends there and really miss seeing those western landscapes. I'm going to try to stay clear of the interstates, and for once, see parts of the US I've just never had time to see before. Tedscar has over 46,000 miles on it now and I think Ted would want me to go for it!

Still some great Motoing weather ahead of us--have fun everyone!
Ok Tedswoods...once you get into OR/WA you have to promise to PM where you are, Molly and I would love to meet you FINALLY!!

Hubby ended up not being able to go on the MINI Run so I took a Fellow MINIac instead, Minicooperwill tagged along and played Navigator for me. I think he enjoyed himself until I skidded into some gravel on the side of the road "Rulin' the Twisties!!"

1 more day until the Rasmussen MINI Sponsored Track Day!! I can't wait, Molly is signed up for the FAST Group, don't ya' know!! WooooHoooo!!

Old 08-24-2010, 07:31 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Ok Tedswoods...once you get into OR/WA you have to promise to PM where you are, Molly and I would love to meet you FINALLY!!
Deal RJ--would be great to meet you and Miss Molly too!

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club