R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
1 more day until the Rasmussen MINI Sponsored Track Day!! I can't wait, Molly is signed up for the FAST Group, don't ya' know!! WooooHoooo!!
Let us know how that goes. Despite being slow in the straights, our little OB MINI was a blast at Sebring and Road Atlanta. Surprised some people in the corners, including my instructor.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:06 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Will do!! Molly does not have any problem in the corners, except when Momma' gets a Little WILD and we end up in Gravel on the side of the Road!! Had a blast on the PDX MINI Club Run on Saturday!!

Old 09-04-2010, 06:03 AM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey hey!
Just wanted to drop by and post saying that Basil and I are doing great :D He's feisty as ever and loving the weather.

We're going to the Ohio Renaissance Festival today (but Basil may not be making the trip, we might be taking my boyfriend's 06 Pepper White S), and I'm quite excited!! May drop by Cincinnati MINI to say hi to all the people I haven't seen in about a year.

Hope you guys (and girls) are doing well!

Old 10-22-2010, 06:15 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Long time...No post!

Hey all,

Hope everyone's been enjoying the great fall weather that I did while traveling coast-to-coast! I'm pleased to report that my Oxy Blue MINI served me VERRRRY well getting from here to there, mostly on US 20 heading west and US 50 heading east. RJ, I regret to say I never made it close to your part of the world since I was mostly avoiding the interstates. Now that I've done this trip once, will have to pare it down, but definitely do it again sometime soon. Maybe I can catch up with you on the next one! In the meantime, here's a couple pics of Ted's MINI out west...

Attached Thumbnails Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club-p9210276_2.jpg   Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club-pa130124_2.jpg  
Old 10-22-2010, 07:53 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by tedswoods
Hey all,

Hope everyone's been enjoying the great fall weather that I did while traveling coast-to-coast! I'm pleased to report that my Oxy Blue MINI served me VERRRRY well getting from here to there, mostly on US 20 heading west and US 50 heading east. RJ, I regret to say I never made it close to your part of the world since I was mostly avoiding the interstates. Now that I've done this trip once, will have to pare it down, but definitely do it again sometime soon. Maybe I can catch up with you on the next one! In the meantime, here's a couple pics of Ted's MINI out west...
Well I can't fault you for not wanting to traverse the Interstates, besides you'd never get those pics.!! Glad Tedswoods took good care of you!!

Old 10-25-2010, 05:25 PM
Romo
2nd Gear
Mods...finally!

Hello all!

I finally got around to doing some mods (a couple months ago, actually) and now I'm finally getting around to posting some pics. I swapped out the front stock speakers and put in JL Audio TR-400 CXi's--sounds so much better! Also, installed my Robin Casady shift **** and e-brake handle, along with my Redline leather shift boot, e-brake boot and armrest cover. The leather's cream and black, to match my interior (I guess you can't really see it in the pics, but I have the cream color line). Lots of work but very satisfying. I've not typically done handy sorts of things like this in my life, but once I got started, I got a bit addicted. I followed this up with learning how to change the oil. Now I'm trying to figure out what to do next! Here are a couple pics of the interior.

Attached Thumbnails Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club-interior.jpg   Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club-shiftknob.jpg   Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club-e-brakehandle.jpg  
Old 10-26-2010, 06:22 AM
amberback
5th Gear
Hi! Glad to see some action in this thread.

Mindy and I have been doing some TSD Rallying with a local club. She also has a rear sway bar on order (should be here Friday but who knows when it will get installed). She might even get back in a garage this week - my parents have been concreting/blacktopping for weeks (we have a very long driveway).

We even got a room at Fontana for MOTD (might be looking for roommates). Is it April yet?

Old 11-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Supercoopr
3rd Gear
Hi All! Been awhile since I've posted in here, but wanted to share some photos from my recent shoot with my Oxy Blue Coop. Best birthday gift evah!!

[SIZE="1"]Just for fun...[/SIZE]

IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h79/pts121/Photoshoots/Erin/mini_13.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-08-2010, 06:42 AM
amberback
5th Gear
Originally Posted by In The Pink
Hi All! Been awhile since I've posted in here, but wanted to share some photos from my recent shoot with my Oxy Blue Coop. Best birthday gift evah!!
Nice photos! I wanted to get some of mine done this summer but it's been put off until I get my white wheels this spring.

Installed the new sway bar yesterday. It was all going smooth until my bf broke a bolt :(. A trip to the store and a couple hours later we were fixed up. I think we started a little before 4 and ended around 7:30. Unfortunately by then it was too dark to go for much of a joy ride for fear of deer. :(

Old 11-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Supercoopr
3rd Gear
Cool! Have you gotten to play with it any more?

P.S. I am the mystery person behind @PhillyMINIorg :p

Old 11-09-2010, 06:29 PM
amberback
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Supercoopr
Cool! Have you gotten to play with it any more?

P.S. I am the mystery person behind @PhillyMINIorg :p
I have got to play with it some. I'm ready for the dragon now!

Old 01-03-2011, 11:07 PM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Any of my fellow OB owners still alive?

Not much to report here, other than lots of fun, problem-free motoring.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:19 AM
amberback
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Blainestang

I'm alive! My MINI is locked away in the garage for winter patiently waiting for spring.
Meanwhile I've been scheming more mod plans for the year - black honeycomb grill (which i see you have a tutorial for!), getting rid of the orange in the headlights/taillights, 16in white wheels....

Ps. Did you get the white headlight/taillight package when you ordered or did you change yours yourself?

Last edited by amberback; 01-04-2011 at 05:25 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:19 AM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Originally Posted by amberback
I'm alive! My MINI is locked away in the garage for winter patiently waiting for spring.
Meanwhile I've been scheming more mod plans for the year - black honeycomb grill (which i see you have a tutorial for!), getting rid of the orange in the headlights/taillights, 16in white wheels....

Ps. Did you get the white headlight/taillight package when you ordered or did you change yours yourself?
Yes, I made the tutorial when I added my JCW Grill because I couldn't find a good pictorial one at the time. Hopefully it helps you when you get yours.

I ordered the white turn signals originally, so no how-to for that

Old 01-04-2011, 08:27 AM
amberback
5th Gear
Yes, I made the tutorial when I added my JCW Grill because I couldn't find a good pictorial one at the time. Hopefully it helps you when you get yours.

I ordered the white turn signals originally, so no how-to for that
I'll make sure to have the tutorial ready for my dad/boyfriend. haha

Darn, i wanted to order them too but I got potentially the last O2 Blue made - it was already built & meant for another dealer's stock.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:39 AM
Blainestang
6th Gear
I'll make sure to have the tutorial ready for my dad/boyfriend. haha
Haha... Well the, hopefully it helps your dad/bf

Darn, i wanted to order them too but I got potentially the last O2 Blue made - it was already built & meant for another dealer's stock.
I think you made the right choice. OB with amber indicators is still better than any other color with white!

Old 01-04-2011, 09:32 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear

Ditto here too!!

I can't believe that in 2mo. from tomorrow my Baby will be 3yrs. old (Birthdate).

Having a blast, with less than 31,000mi. on her...WOOO HOOO!!

Old 01-04-2011, 09:50 PM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Ditto here too!!

I can't believe that in 2mo. from tomorrow my Baby will be 3yrs. old (Birthdate).

Having a blast, with less than 31,000mi. on her...WOOO HOOO!!
31k is pretty good. We're in the low 40's and ours is JUST over 2 years since delivery.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:11 AM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
Still here! Just busy. Got back from my first REAL road trip in Basil. I wouldn't really count the Dragon as one since we didn't cross more than three states to get there. :P
We drove from Kentucky (where we live) to Orlando, Florida for a week. Saw an almost identical MINI out there too! Only difference was that they had their roof graphic applied *correctly* and it went all the way down to the black trim. :P Mine was applied incorrectly so I have a 3 inch gap between my roof and where the graphic starts. Oh well! Still cool to see them!

I have plenty of pics of when we drove through the curvy and fun Georgia mountains. Will show them off when I get the chance to upload them. :D

My baby hit 15,000 miles yesterday morning too.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:42 AM
Oxybluecoop
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
After a 2200 mile winter trek from NC the MINI has arrived at it's new home in Utah. Climbing the driveway is a bit tricky but can be easily accomplished with the help of chains

Old 01-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Agent.COOPER
Still here! Just busy. Got back from my first REAL road trip in Basil. I wouldn't really count the Dragon as one since we didn't cross more than three states to get there. :P
We drove from Kentucky (where we live) to Orlando, Florida for a week. Saw an almost identical MINI out there too! Only difference was that they had their roof graphic applied *correctly* and it went all the way down to the black trim. :P Mine was applied incorrectly so I have a 3 inch gap between my roof and where the graphic starts. Oh well! Still cool to see them!

I have plenty of pics of when we drove through the curvy and fun Georgia mountains. Will show them off when I get the chance to upload them. :D

My baby hit 15,000 miles yesterday morning too.
Congrats on the first real roadtrip!

What? Only 15,000 miles?!? Our '09 is over 40k!

Originally Posted by Oxybluecoop
After a 2200 mile winter trek from NC the MINI has arrived at it's new home in Utah. Climbing the driveway is a bit tricky but can be easily accomplished with the help of chains

Still love the White S-lites and the stance. H&R C/Os, right?

Old 01-12-2011, 08:04 PM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Oh, and the reason I came in here originally...

My wife got in an accident in the MINI last week... fortunately she's fine... and so the MINI is at the shop getting fixed.

Basically all the front end stuff has to be replaced, along with the Transmission somehow... which was a new development today.

So, because the front bumper and hood needed replaced anyway, I decided that I would install the Cooper S bumper and Cooper D (and '11 Cooper) hood that I wanted to install last time. Unfortunately, despite being standard on the '11 Coopers, the hood is STILL unavailable in the US. So, if anybody has an '11 Cooper, don't wreck it.

The plan for now is to go with the complete Cooper S front end. I'm not a HUGE fan of the Cooper S hood... I like the bigger "bulge", but prefer the Cooper D's scoopless look. However, if I ever come across the hood I REALLY want in the future, it will be an easy swap if I've already got the Cooper S bumper/hood.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:29 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Oh, and the reason I came in here originally...

My wife got in an accident in the MINI last week... fortunately she's fine... and so the MINI is at the shop getting fixed.

Basically all the front end stuff has to be replaced, along with the Transmission somehow... which was a new development today.

So, because the front bumper and hood needed replaced anyway, I decided that I would install the Cooper S bumper and Cooper D (and '11 Cooper) hood that I wanted to install last time. Unfortunately, despite being standard on the '11 Coopers, the hood is STILL unavailable in the US. So, if anybody has an '11 Cooper, don't wreck it.

The plan for now is to go with the complete Cooper S front end. I'm not a HUGE fan of the Cooper S hood... I like the bigger "bulge", but prefer the Cooper D's scoopless look. However, if I ever come across the hood I REALLY want in the future, it will be an easy swap if I've already got the Cooper S bumper/hood.
Oh Man...Bummer about the MINI, glad the Wife is ok though!! Sounds like it is going to be one Sweet Justa, after the bandages come off!!

Old 01-12-2011, 08:48 PM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Oh Man...Bummer about the MINI, glad the Wife is ok though!! Sounds like it is going to be one Sweet Justa, after the bandages come off!!
Yeah, hopefully everything gets figured out and they don't keep finding things that are broken... like the Transmission today.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:22 PM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
Blainestang -
Yep, 15,000 miles! Everywhere I go is nearby and I can't manage to weasel my way off work enough to venture far. My college is 10 miles away, work is 4 miles away, and the grocery store is across the street! Haha.

That REALLY sucks that your wife got into a wreck! At least this gives you some opportunities to cosmetically modify your car, yes. Glad to hear your wife is doing ok, as well.

I'm fumbling through the pictures I took now. Will post some of them shortly.

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club