R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Good Ship Turandot

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 01:54 PM
cnolan
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wifes car is CR w/ Black top/mirrors and black hood stripes. Interior is brushed aluminum, black lounge leather.

Old 05-19-2007, 08:57 AM
cnolan
2nd Gear
GOT IT! Dealer called me yesterday about 1pm and said car arrived and they were prepping it for pickup. Pictures coming soon.

Old 05-19-2007, 09:35 AM
ENEMINI
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn, my dealer is saying Wednesday the 23rd. :-(

Old 05-19-2007, 09:49 AM
S325MINI
1st Gear
I had an R/C car too, but not for the R56, it was the original Rover Mini, I believe. I painted it blue (most similar to Lightning blue) and white with the white bonnet stripes. I did a horrible painting job! I bought that R/C car in 1999. So, after 8 years, now I finally brought it to life. It's awesome!! I'm amazed at how smooth and powerful the engine is.

The MINI is beautiful in any and all colours. I really love the CR look, but my last car was a 97 Milano Red Honda Civic, so I didn't want red again.

Still getting used to the controls. I accidentally turned on the wipers yesterday morning and couldn't figure out how to turn em off. Hehe. Had to stop and read the manual. =)

I was a little bummed about my baby having a bad passenger door handle, but it led me to find out a new thing. You can hold down the UNLOCK button and the windows will open! Pretty cool.

Congrats everyone! I'm gonna start motoring now.

Old 05-21-2007, 06:28 AM
ChubbyChecker
4th Gear
Originally Posted by S325MINI

I was a little bummed about my baby having a bad passenger door handle, but it led me to find out a new thing. You can hold down the UNLOCK button and the windows will open! Pretty cool.
Yep, and if you had a sunroof you could open it the same way. We can put the top down on my wifes cabrio by pushing the unlock button a few times.

How was your first weekend cruising around?

Old 05-21-2007, 08:56 AM
minidp
1st Gear
Are we there yet? It's the big week!

No word yet from my dealer, (Are we there yet?) but the Owner's Lounge says it's at the dealer! I may have an extra day as (Are we there yet?) they install the iPod adaptor. The OL is also notoriously lagging.

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Old 05-21-2007, 10:33 AM
S325MINI
1st Gear
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
Yep, and if you had a sunroof you could open it the same way. We can put the top down on my wifes cabrio by pushing the unlock button a few times.

How was your first weekend cruising around?

It was FANTASGREAT! I only have 300 miles on it. Still on my dealer provided tank of gas. But, since I usually drive that amount in a weeks time, I must have been motoring in a dream state or something. The engine/transmission is sooooo smooth. I was hitting 95mph before I knew it. So I have changed my settings to show the mpg in the digital display more often than not. It's been steadily going up. I'm at 29.5mpg right now, but I think it might hit 30mpg before I need to fill up. Can't be more pleased. Just get that door handle fixed and the tow hook covers and I'm set.

Old 05-21-2007, 05:23 PM
ENEMINI
2nd Gear
My MA has now quoted Wednesday the 23rd for pickup, back from Friday the 18th......the suspense is driving me up the wall! Good to hear lots of Turandoters are enjoying their Minis. I'll join in soon.

Old 05-21-2007, 09:48 PM
minidp
1st Gear
Got it!

Called the dealer to leave them my cell number and they had the car They put the iPod adaptor in (the MINI just HAS to be the best iPod accessory ever) and I picked it up after work.

The waiting has been miserable, but your misery is soon coming to an end! Hang in there enemini, chubbycheckers (check out the car in the background), and eightysixdown.

Pretty crappy picture - The paint reflected the flash to everywhere but back to the camera, and without the flash, I couldn't hold the camera steady enough to get a really good sharp shot. I touched it up best I could.

Lesson: bring a good camera and a tripod to get some good in-dealership shots. Start exercising your best SH** eatin' grin because your gonna need it!

Attached Thumbnails Good Ship Turandot-mini_dlr.jpg  
Old 05-21-2007, 09:58 PM
ENEMINI
2nd Gear
Oh my boss told me to take the rest of the day off when I get the phone call from the dealer. Yeah, he rocks. I plan to hit up the PCH and do some twisties in the Mulholland region up here. That'll take all day, then go to Lake Casitas....good motoring ahead! Nice ride minidp!!!!

Old 05-21-2007, 10:15 PM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ENEMINI
Oh my boss told me to take the rest of the day off when I get the phone call from the dealer. Yeah, he rocks. I plan to hit up the PCH and do some twisties in the Mulholland region up here. That'll take all day, then go to Lake Casitas....good motoring ahead! Nice ride minidp!!!!
Latigo Canyon off of PCH in Malibu was a favorite of mine, as a teenager, when I had an Alfa Romeo Spider. Some great twisties, IIRC.

Old 05-21-2007, 10:29 PM
ENEMINI
2nd Gear
Thanks! Ah man, a Spider? Whew, that must have been beyond words. My current car just doesn't have the....bravura...an 07 MCS has. I'm looking forward to it.

Old 05-21-2007, 10:36 PM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ENEMINI
Thanks! Ah man, a Spider? Whew, that must have been beyond words. My current car just doesn't have the....bravura...an 07 MCS has. I'm looking forward to it.
It was a Italian racing red 1957 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider in 1965. The engine was a dual overhead cam 1300cc. An 07 MCS would leave it in the dust, but it was a great deal of fun.