R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Who set sail with Minnie on the Tristan?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 02:05 PM
MiniMademoiselle
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who set sail with Minnie on the Tristan?

My Minnie is on her way to sunny California aboard the Tristan. I thought the day would NEVER come. I hope she has some friends from NAM with her to keep her company!!!

Old 04-23-2007, 04:10 PM
gregdconsulting
2nd Gear
You might be interested in this thread on tracking Tristan if you want to see where she is.
My car is on the same ship as your Minnie and I am tracking it every day. The schedule has it landing in L.A. on May 7 so I am sure that is the day it will arrive for processing. I am picking up in Salt Lake and then driving it back to Seattle. I would have preferred to buy in Tacoma, but they quoted a 10 month wait and that was just too long. Tristan is supposed to arrive in Tacoma on May 11 so I bet some Seattle bound MINIs will be on the same ship as ours.
Greg

Old 04-23-2007, 06:10 PM
MiniMademoiselle
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by gregdconsulting
You might be interested in this thread on tracking Tristan if you want to see where she is.
My car is on the same ship as your Minnie and I am tracking it every day. The schedule has it landing in L.A. on May 7 so I am sure that is the day it will arrive for processing. I am picking up in Salt Lake and then driving it back to Seattle. I would have preferred to buy in Tacoma, but they quoted a 10 month wait and that was just too long. Tristan is supposed to arrive in Tacoma on May 11 so I bet some Seattle bound MINIs will be on the same ship as ours.
Greg

Thanks for the info! I will be checking that website every single day for the next three weeks or so!

That's going to be a long drive from Salt Lake City to Seattle, but at least you'll be driving your awesome, new car!!!

What are your specs???

Old 04-23-2007, 06:35 PM
gregdconsulting
2nd Gear
The drive from Salt Lake City to Seattle is about 850 miles. It is not close, but should be a good adventure. I haven't visited SLC or driven through Idaho or E. Washington in a long time.

The specs are:
Chili Red both body and roof. Cold Weather, Premium, Convenience, Lounge Carbon Leather, Hi-Fi, Xenon, Rear Fog, LSD, 16" bridge spoke w/ all season.

I am not sure if I want to add some decals or not. I like some of the stripes and roof flags. There is one or two side decals that I have seen and liked too. I will just have to see how low key I want the car to be.

I am buying this to be a daily driver/commuter car so I didn't opt for the Performance/Sport options you did. This car will join my G35 Sport Coupe and even though that is a touring car it full of power and has a stiff ride.

The MINI is replacing my 2002 CR-V. I thought about buying a MINI in 2002, but opted for the SUV at the time because it can haul more people and things. The reality is I don't haul many people or much stuff so I don't really need the SUV.

What are you replacing?

Old 04-25-2007, 12:53 PM
MiniMademoiselle
2nd Gear
Yeah, you are a future Chili Red owner, too! It's weird that I see them all the time, because it seems that the good majority of people on NAM are buying Pepper White. I can't honestly blame them because that would have been my second choice. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would have a red car. A Mini is really the only car I can tolerate it on.

Our specs are kind of similar, so you made some good choices Have you seen the Lounge leather? It really is beautiful! Oh, the sweet smell of leather/new car!

I don't plan on adding stripes, fog lamps, etc. because the sporty look just isn't me. To be honest, I didn't even want the MCS simply because it came with the rear spoiler, but there really was no comparison between the power of the MCS and the power of the MC. Also, at the time, I thought I would be getting a 2006 model and was completely sold when I saw the dash in red at the dealership. It was striking and was only available with the MCS!!! The Rooster Red color line pales in comparison, but at the same time, there are things in the 2007 that are far better than those in the 2006.

All I know is that there are only about three weeks left. I was told that I would have the car no later than May 17th. I am literally counting the days. After six months, I think I might actually cry when I go to pick it up Happy tears, of course. Tristan made some really great progress between yesterday and today! It's actually near land now! Well, islands.

Oh, I am gladly replacing a 1992 Camry. At 25-years-old, this is my first car purchase and I feel quite blessed to be getting one of my dream cars. At this point, a Mercedes CL or a Bentley Coupe are a little out of my price range I girl can dream, right?