R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 R56 Week 18 Production Group (April 30)

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 09:17 PM
ygblat
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by maxshrike0
I confirmed Titus is at Bremerhaven, Germany... (as of May 4th) Titus will leave from Germany on May 5th for Belgium. Leaves Belgium on May 7th for Southampton...

Titus then arrives and departs Southampton on May 8th. (with our 3 Mini's)

Thereafter arrives in good ol' CA (Port Hueneme) on May 28th... I might expect Ygblat and I may see our Mini's in Northern CA sometime the week of June 5th. (I guess depends on how long it takes in VDC)...

I'm good with that...
Thanks for the great info, Max! I'd be more than happy with the 5th especially since East Bay Mini initially told me that I wouldn't have my car until mid-July!

Although, I am leaving to Vegas on the 7th and the idea of my two-day-old Mini sitting all by his lonesome for four days is a bit...disquieting . Maybe I can postpone delivery. Or maybe I can use it as an excuse to drop it off at the body shop and paint those fenders, heh.

Just out of curiousity, what dealership is your Mini arriving to?

Originally Posted by snkbte
Hey Guys. Figured I join in with my second post. Ordered mine last Friday,April 27th(first time ordering a new car ). I called Ask Mini last night and was told( automated )that it was in the body shop as of yesterday(5/3) with a completion date of today, 05-04-2007. I was hoping for the middle of June, but maybe with a little luck,it will be here sooner. One thing for sure. May is going to be one long month.
You ain't kiddin'! But hey, Skuzzy should be getting his car soon so I'm preparing my apprenticeship application to the SSOW.

Last edited by ygblat; 05-04-2007 at 09:27 PM.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:06 AM
maxshrike0
3rd Gear
Blat- mine's going to....

Originally Posted by ygblat
Just out of curiousity, what dealership is your Mini arriving to?
Mine's going to Mini of Mountain View...

Old 05-05-2007, 09:50 AM
AnyMiniMineyMo
2nd Gear
Well, according to Ask Mini, I've been stuck in the paint shop since the 2nd, but am now at the port awaiting transport!

According to my MA, however, my MINI was actually born on the 3rd. I don't know what ship it will be sailing on yet.

Old 05-05-2007, 09:08 PM
TWON
4th Gear
I'd be more than happy with the 5th especially since East Bay Mini initially told me that I wouldn't have my car until mid-July!
I was told the same from Mini in Sac. and I'm booked for the Titus as well!!! NO complaints at all

I'm guessing we will have an extra few days wait over some others as it has too be driven up here from the port in southern Cali.? But they're so far ahead of schedule, how can ya complain about that! WooHoo, June is sounding like a good month all ready!

Old 05-06-2007, 08:53 AM
twings
2nd Gear
Booked on the Integrity (05/04/07) (from Mufflethis signature)

Hey, Mufflethis, how did you find out you're booked on the Integrity? I should be on it, too (production completed May 1), but my vin doesn't show up on the WW website. My MA was great prior to the order, but now I just get vague answers about where my MINI is in the process, like he doesn't want to commit to a delivery time frame.
Thanks, everyone, for all the info about tracking, etc.

Last edited by twings; 05-06-2007 at 08:54 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 05-06-2007, 09:14 AM
JohnnyF
4th Gear
Originally Posted by twings

Hey, Mufflethis, how did you find out you're booked on the Integrity? I should be on it, too (production completed May 1), but my vin doesn't show up on the WW website. My MA was great prior to the order, but now I just get vague answers about where my MINI is in the process, like he doesn't want to commit to a delivery time frame.
You may actually end up on a different shipping line. My car ended up on a K Line ship so tracking it on the WW site didn't work too well for me. I didn't find out until several days after it left, either.
The unfortunate part is that if that happens and the captain isn't playing nice and reporting weather data, you can't even track it on the sailwx site. You can cross-reference the Southampton port schedule with that at your port of entry to figure things out, though.

Old 05-06-2007, 09:32 AM
maxshrike0
3rd Gear
Titus in Belgium...Ygblat, Twon, 5280MCS

FYI, Titus showed up in Zeebrugge, Belgium right on time (5/6/07)... Next stop, Southampton on 5/8/07, then on to Hueneme (arrives 5/28/07).

Last edited by maxshrike0; 05-06-2007 at 10:54 AM.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:08 AM
5280mcs
1st Gear
maxshrike0, hey thanks for the updates it is MUCH appreciated! I'm kind of envious of our Mini's upcoming voyage across the pond...LOL. Happy Travels!

Old 05-06-2007, 11:18 AM
mufflethis
4th Gear
Originally Posted by twings

Go to this site: http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSchedules/

In the navigation menu on top hover over [Customer Centre]
In the drop down click on [Cargo Tracking]
Then on the right where it says "Track By" click on [Auto cargo]
Then for the Cargo ID put in your VIN number.

Old 05-06-2007, 11:41 AM
twings
2nd Gear
Thanks, Mufflethis, that's what I've been doing and it says, no record found. Guess I'll contact my MA tomorrow. Just want to know it's on a ship!!! Tks!!

Old 05-06-2007, 11:57 AM
lucyl
2nd Gear
Awesome, I just found out my MINI is on Titus. Just a few more weeks.

Old 05-06-2007, 03:17 PM
minibike
Neutral
Another Colorado Mini

Hi Folks,

My first post. My Mini just came off the production line on Thursday. The 866 number shows that my mini is awaiting transportation. I checked the Wallenius Wilhelmsen site but no tracking information was available for my VIN. From the other post it looks like most minis that finished production this week have a ship assigned. Is it normal to not have a ship at least booked right after production?

Old 05-06-2007, 03:25 PM
mufflethis
4th Gear
Originally Posted by minibike
Hi Folks,

My first post. My Mini just came off the production line on Thursday. The 866 number shows that my mini is awaiting transportation. I checked the Wallenius Wilhelmsen site but no tracking information was available for my VIN. From the other post it looks like most minis that finished production this week have a ship assigned. Is it normal to not have a ship at least booked right after production?

That's the same day that my MINI was built. I know that they use different companies to ship the cars so that might be why yours isn't showing up on the WW site. Or maybe they just ran out of room and it will be on the next boat.

Old 05-06-2007, 06:11 PM
snkbte
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by minibike
Hi Folks,

Mine was finished on Friday. Just found out this morning it is be coming on Integrity,arriving in NY the 15th.
SOUTHAMPTON 07/05/2007 NEW YORK, NY15/05/2007 INTEGRITY

Last edited by snkbte; 05-07-2007 at 08:36 AM.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:40 AM
maxshrike0
3rd Gear
lucyl...

Originally Posted by lucyl
Awesome, I just found out my MINI is on Titus. Just a few more weeks.
Great Lucy, welcome aboard! Glad you'll join Ygblat, 5280MCS, Twon and me on the Titus...

She's now leaving Zeebrugge on her way to Southampton... right on schedule.

Lucy, hopefully in all the excitement of taking delivery of your new Mini you'll remember to let us know when yours arrives! ... I imagine you'll be the first of us to see your Mini due to your close proximity to Port Hueneme

Old 05-08-2007, 07:49 AM
maxshrike0
3rd Gear
...Titus in Southampton...

Ygblat, 5280MCS, Twon, Lucyl...

Titus is in Southampton right on schedule.... Should leave sometime in the next 8 hours for Hueneme with our 5 Minis on board.... Looking good!

Old 05-08-2007, 08:20 AM
maxshrike0
3rd Gear

Titus is in Southampton right on schedule.... Should leave sometime in the next 8 hours for Hueneme with our 5 Minis on board.... Looking good!
Oh, and there are 339 Minis traveling with us... 61 of them are on board....

Old 05-08-2007, 09:14 AM
lucyl
2nd Gear
Good Stuff! I'll definitely let you guys know when I receive my MINI.

Old 05-08-2007, 11:39 AM
maxshrike0
3rd Gear
Titus Loaded...

I don't know why I'm so intrigued by the fact one can track the progress of a cargo ship.... I never was interested before... But I find it fascinating.

Anyways, Titus is all loaded now. 363 Mini's in all. Mine loaded at 17:11 UTC. There were a few stragglers that got to dock today (5/8 local date).... I guess they "just made the boat".

Anyways, Titus will sail soon... I imagine within hours.... Off to the Panama Canal! (arrives 5/19)...

Old 05-08-2007, 11:48 AM
ygblat
4th Gear
Wow, Max! How did you manage to find all this out?

Anyway, thanks again for the updates and happy sailing to all.

Old 05-08-2007, 12:30 PM
maxshrike0
3rd Gear
blat...

Wow, Max! How did you manage to find all this out?

Anyway, thanks again for the updates and happy sailing to all.
Oh, the good folks at NAM taught me! I used the info on tracking your mini found in 1st Gear:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=70301

It comes down to 1) Getting your VIN from the owners lounge. 2) If you are lucky enough to be shipped by Wallenius Wilhelmsen, then using their site to get the ship and status using your vin. 3) using AISlive.com to find your ship, I used the Whallenius site to get the Titus' itinerary (from my booking number), then used AISlive to find where Titus was....(right on time, right where WW said it would be). 4) Since I have a WW booking, I used the booking number to see the other VIN numbers to be shipped on Titus. It's quite up to date, if not nearly real-time!

Blat, if you pm me your VIN, I can tell you when it was loaded on Titus (just for fun)... I downloaded the 363 VIN numbers that are on board now...

Thanks to all at NAM who provided the background and links! I like maps, compasses and geography, I like GPS (hence my mini has NAV!)... So, I guess I like tracking cargo ships too...

FYI, AISlive (~1hr delay) still has Titus docked as of 19:26 UTC!

-Max

Last edited by maxshrike0; 05-08-2007 at 12:37 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:43 PM
TWON
4th Gear
Nice up dates Max, I've been looking here and there too... getting very excited now!!!

Nice configuration on your Mini Max, mine is very similar, I almost when with the Sterling silver but opted for PW/B with stripes.

Old 05-08-2007, 04:20 PM
maxshrike0
3rd Gear
no problem...

Originally Posted by TWON
Nice up dates Max, I've been looking here and there too... getting very excited now!!!

Nice configuration on your Mini Max, mine is very similar, I almost when with the Sterling silver but opted for PW/B with stripes.
Hi Twon, no problem.... I presume you put your VIN in WW's site and came up with TITUS as your ship? I'd be curious if you have the same booking number as me? (pm with your booking #?)... I've been assuming the 363 VIN's I see on Titus are the only VIN's Mini is sending on Titus, but I guess it's possible they have more groups (booking numbers) on board. (?) Titus can carry 5,846 cars... (yes, I've become a maritime expert too!)

It makes sense since you are in NorCal like me and Ygblat. (and lucyl in socal)... and even 5280MCS in Colorado...

FYI, Titus hasn't left yet....AISLive is about 1+ hrs delayed updating... Should be soon though....

Twon, what else do you have on your MCS? PW/B is quite a cool combo...

Old 05-08-2007, 04:41 PM
TWON
4th Gear
Yes Max, my booking # is the same one...

Old 05-08-2007, 05:04 PM
TWON
4th Gear
Hey Max, I put my specs in the signature for ya...

Quick Reply: R56 R56 Week 18 Production Group (April 30)