R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 VDC hosed me!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 05:55 PM
devious duck
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VDC hosed me!

Well good news and bad news. Good news is my car is ready for pickup tonight up at Brecht mini in Escondido. Bad news, the VDC for some reason did not fit my JCW aero kit. So now i have to wait till the dealer can get their hands on one, and have it painted and fitted.

So what should i negotiate for? free mats? free mini merchandise? give me some pointers for when i head to the stealership in about 45 minutes.

Old 04-30-2007, 06:01 PM
tigwantstoplay
6th Gear
Congratulations! I bet you're soooo excited. I'm excited for you!

Jim W. is a pretty good guy and seems to believe in great customer service and satisfaction. I hope that perception holds true in your case.

In your shoes, I'd let "them" lead the conversation...let them communicate what they are willing to do to make you whole for your inconvenience and trouble. If they don't come forward with suggestions that you feel are reasonable...then go through a laundry list of things you think are fair. The worst they can say is no. Best case, they make reasonable amends, you walk out grinning ear-to-ear, and they have the satisfaction of knowing that they did right by you and have a very happy customer.

I'll be headed up the I15 to an appt. tonight at about 7:30. If you see a CR MCSc, be sure to give a wave! If I don't see you, then post some pics of your new baby.

Good luck, and ENJOY

Old 04-30-2007, 06:01 PM
Babul03
2nd Gear
Thats pretty bogus. Just act real annoyed and they should offer something to you. If not, I would ask for a gift certificate for MINI accessories and apparel.

GOOD LUCK!

Old 04-30-2007, 06:08 PM
devious duck
2nd Gear
good ideas guys, so far my MA told me that they would fit the kit at the dealer when they got it and eat the $1000 extra that they charge to do the kit. on the flip side though i'm making sure i keep all my extras they take off. i'll put them up on craigslist or ebay or something. that way i can foot the bill for some wheels or something later. it is irritating that we wait so long for our cars and pay as much as we do and then they don't even show up how they are ordered. I'm not mad or anything, because the MA told me they would get my parts, just kind of annoyed because this is MINI/BMW not hyundai.

Old 04-30-2007, 06:11 PM
Loui
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The quoted price in Seattle is $2450 installed at the VDC or dealership. Do you mean to tell me that you got for $1400. If so, well done.

Old 04-30-2007, 06:11 PM
eVal
6th Gear
hmm, an alarm doesnt cost them very much and is an easy install too - perhaps they will pop one in and program it for you for your trouble. Also, make sure they will provide a good loaner to you when your car is in the shop for the aero kit install.

Old 04-30-2007, 06:13 PM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would negotiate to keep the old body parts that are being replaced. YOu can either sell them for good $$$ or keep them in case you or someone you know ever NEEDs a new bumper (fender benders happen)

Old 04-30-2007, 06:16 PM
devious duck
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Loui
The quoted price in Seattle is $2450 installed at the VDC or dealership. Do you mean to tell me that you got for $1400. If so, well done.
nah, they wanted some serious dollars at the dealer for the kit, but you are right, $2450 installed at the VDC. It was an extra $1000 at the dealer, which i'm sure is all profit. I had to cancel the clear bra through them because they wanted $800.

Old 04-30-2007, 06:46 PM
Koopah
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tigwantstoplay
{snip}...In your shoes, I'd let "them" lead the conversation...let them communicate what they are willing to do to make you whole for your inconvenience and trouble...{snip}
I think this is good advice...take the high road.

Just remember that the dealership cannot "book" the sale until the MINI is delivered to the customer. If you refuse delivery, you have leverage and they will want to schedule the work ASAP in order to help make their numbers.

Theo

Old 04-30-2007, 07:41 PM
aznqtboy984
5th Gear
See if you can get the driving lamps. It looks awesome w/ the aero kit.

Old 04-30-2007, 08:21 PM
Rossii
5th Gear
The VDC screwed up what does it have to do with the dealership? They are willing to get the kit installed at the VDC price and make good on the deal. And you want more because? As for having leverage.......not really they wont have trouble selling your car.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:34 PM
devious duck
2nd Gear
well just got back. the car is still killer even without the kit. but my MA did give me and my wife cool new keychains. I got the carbon JCW one. I got the kit at VDC price and some floor mats. I also added in a JCW shift **** and E-brake handle. I can't wait till all my parts come in now. All in all i have to say that i was really happy with my mini rep (Carlene) at brecht mini. she really took care of us and kept me informed with all going on. Everyone at the dealer was on ready alert today, as it was the last day of the month to get some numbers on the board. There is even a get together and cruise for cinco de mayo this saturday. Can't wait. Pics to follow.

Old 04-30-2007, 11:35 PM
ygblat
4th Gear
Free labor for the kit retrofit is fantastic, i think and all the other stuff you got is just icing on the cake! I can honestly say that I would be thrilled at an outcome like this, even more so than getting the kit on time and paying the extra g for it. Congrats and enjoy!

Old 05-01-2007, 03:52 AM
Loony2N
6th Gear
Somewhat off topic, but since the issue is the aero, I got a question: Are all those air intakes "functional"? I love the look, but can't tell from the pics is the vents do anything. Even if they are open, do they actually do anything? Just curious.

Old 05-01-2007, 12:54 PM
devious duck
2nd Gear
i don't know if any of the vents are really functional or not. my best guess is that they probably aren't but look cool anyways.

Old 05-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Loony2N
6th Gear
So, they aren't giving you anything by foregoing the $1000. They may be losing out, but you are getting nothing you would not have got if it had been put on to begin with.

Old 05-01-2007, 06:12 PM
muse photos
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by devious duck
just kind of annoyed because this is MINI/BMW not hyundai.
ha well my hyundai hasn't given me 1 issue in 3 years...
so much for that idea...
i am just trading over because its time to go...
3 years is enough for my a.d.d. mind...
but my lovely hyundai was a wonderful car and i enjoyed all the honks and waves i got...back when it came out the tiburon looked liek i think one of teh new porsches so it was always gettign glances...so stop being a mini snob.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:14 PM
devious duck
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by muse photos
ha well my hyundai hasn't given me 1 issue in 3 years...
so much for that idea...
i am just trading over because its time to go...
3 years is enough for my a.d.d. mind...
but my lovely hyundai was a wonderful car and i enjoyed all the honks and waves i got...back when it came out the tiburon looked liek i think one of teh new porsches so it was always gettign glances...so stop being a mini snob.
Mini snob Hands down, i'm a car guy. I do feel though when you buy a premium product that you should get premium results. I have owned all different cars from multiple manufacturers (VW, GMC, honda, Dodge, etc.) and I feel that you never get a second chance to make a first impression. Forgetting to put in a cargo net meh, a centercap meh, but come on a "JCW aero kit" what happened there. It must be a monday or a friday car Bottom line for $30K plus i expected more from the so called VDC. But my MA was cool and didn't try and BS me. For the record my other car is Rumble Bee edition full size Dodge Ram, fun to drive and enough torque to lay 100ft of rubber no problem. Its not a mud truck, its a street monster.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:34 PM
muse photos
2nd Gear
full size Dodge Ram, fun to drive and enough torque to lay 100ft of rubber no problem. Its not a mud truck, its a street monster.
all that makes me do is feel sorry for you when you go put gas...OUUUCH!

i wish all SUV would drive off a cliff...but that's just me and my opinions...i am an earth kinda gal, and i hate testosterone full monster trucks...bleh.
don't turn me on...no sirrreee

Old 05-01-2007, 11:35 PM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Forgetting to put in a cargo net meh, a centercap meh, but come on a "JCW aero kit" what happened there. It must be a monday or a friday car Bottom line for $30K plus i expected more from the so called VDC. But my MA was cool and didn't try and BS me.
Did you see the other thread about the Aero Kit disaster at the VDC?
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=98985
Perhaps they are balking on Aero Kits until they can sort out the problems?

For the record my other car is Rumble Bee edition full size Dodge Ram, fun to drive and enough torque to lay 100ft of rubber no problem. Its not a mud truck, its a street monster.
Man, I did not want to know. I hate seeing these hay haulers on the street. Like Muse Photo, I am totally unimpressed.

Old 05-02-2007, 07:45 AM
devious duck
2nd Gear
thats totally cool, guys and gals. I don't need to impress anyone. I know what i like and thats what counts. Gas is expensive either way you look at it. I still have my motorcycle if i really want to conserve on gas, and that beats any car on the road hands down.

my main point in this whole thing is that with the BMW name brand most people come to expect a certain level of quality and attention to detail. That is all i was getting at.

Old 05-02-2007, 07:49 AM
Loony2N
6th Gear
Originally Posted by muse photos
all that makes me do is feel sorry for you when you go put gas...OUUUCH!

i wish all SUV would drive off a cliff...but that's just me and my opinions...i am an earth kinda gal, and i hate testosterone full monster trucks...bleh.
don't turn me on...no sirrreee
I have 5 kids and we camp and visit other semi-paved road sites. Our Expedition serves a very useful purpose. Would it be better to use 2 vehicles??