R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Where to buy

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 06:17 PM
amazonracer
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to buy

Been going back and forth and what dealership is going to be best. Not only for price but service, etc. I live in Southern California and have had contact with Assael, Southbay, Irivine, Santa Ana, Escondido and Long Beach. The only two that would come out and say they are MSRP are Long Beach and Southbay. The others I feel were trying to get everything they could out of me. Crevier in Santa Ana was one of the first people I talked to personally and basically said they were going to charge $3,000 over MSRP but included some sort of package, I don't really know but kind of turned me off. I just received a email from the internet/fleet manager who I spoke to originally a few weeks ago and was going to charge a premium. I said I can get the car anywhere and pay MSRP. She backed down a bit but still acted like I would pay something over MSRP. I was emailed today and she said they have some additional production slots and could order immediately and pay MSRP and no dealer mark up nor premium of any kind. This is a change and I am wondering if sales have slowed or they just were losing to much business as there were enough dealerships charging MSRP. I am a little leary but Santa Ana Crevier is close to my home. Does anyone have experience with them. Would their service be as good as Southbay, Long Beach. My fear is that the service will be like their original attitude and try to take everything they can get.

Thanks for reading this thread in advance as I know its long but this is important as everyone knows and should help other R56 buyers who are on the fence.

Old 04-30-2007, 06:32 PM
eVal
6th Gear
If it were me, I'd go with Southbay or Longbeach since they are straight shooters and don't try to bilk people from the get go. If the allocation time is much sooner from Crevier and you really must have it sooner then SB or LB can offer, then be sure to have them print up the contract with the entire MSRP priced spec listed out, and the final price out the door spelled out so there are no hidden fees (many places will try to slip funny dealer charges in there too). Also on the contract should be something to the effect that your deposit is totally refundable along with the timeframe of production they are promising you (and you will also want the drop dead date for making changes to the order, trust me ). Then you get a signed copy and you are good to go. I'd get the signed spec/contract where ever you go just to be certain everything is clear.

Best of luck - fwiw we purchased our Mini at Southbay and everything went well.

Last edited by eVal; 04-30-2007 at 06:34 PM.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:47 PM
Loui
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Most dealerships treat sales and service separately. Price should be important, but you have to weigh getting the car sooner vs. over MSRP.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:55 PM
trackster
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buying the car from one dealership and have it serviced at another should not be a problem . There have been many people that bought cars from out of state much less another dealer in town and have had good service relationships.

Old 05-07-2007, 11:16 PM
JoshRtek
1st Gear
Long Beach Mini is Thumbs Ups

I just bought my Mini Cooper S from Long Beach Mini for MSRP, no hidden fees whatsoever (with free mats and LoJack). Very nice, no hassel, they even followed me back to the Valley so I could return to the dealer and drive my old car back! Now that's service!

Old 05-08-2007, 05:41 AM
rhawth99
6th Gear
The only downside that I can think of regarding buying from dealer A and getting service at dealer B is that many dealers will only provide a loaner vehicle if you purchased the vehicle from them. Something else to consider in the equation. Good luck!