R57 :: Cabrio Talk (2009+) Cooper and Cooper S convertible (R57) discussion.

R57 Kudos to my dealer

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 10:46 AM
AustinS
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kudos to my dealer

So...a little orange car with the word "Service" popped up on my tach window. I made an appointment and took my MINI in this morning. While they serviced it, I busied myself with all the new models including the new coupe. It is so cool! I am glad they didn't have the new Roadster or I just might have bought it. I spent some time talking to everybody, including customers. I think I may have sold one couple on buying a MINI. Meanwhile I also had a couple donuts and coffee.

An hour or so later my SA came and found me and told me what all was done. He said the technician found a little oil seep around the PVC and they replaced the valve cover. I asked, "You mean the valve cover gasket?" and he said, "No, the entire valve cover." WOW! Now that is service.

Then before I checked out, I asked about a center armrest with storage box I had seen online for about $300. (Actually one place it was $312.95 and another $339.95.) The parts dept. sold me one for $277.25.

All in all a great morning at Cincinnati MINI and thanks to Jay Sofranec, Nick Walsh and the folks in service and parts. And of course to the management who foster a great experience each time I come in.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:28 PM
ACEkraut11
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Maybe you should ask them for a part time job as a greeter/salesperson?

Old 10-11-2011, 11:07 PM
dicecedes
Neutral
Cool visit. I agree that roadster is going to be nice. Is the center arm rest the same as it would have been if configured from the factory?

Old 10-12-2011, 02:09 AM
grgramps
4th Gear
Austin, That was very thoughtful of you to post your review of the service received. It seems we are inclined to complain when there's a problem, but neglect to compliment when we're pleased.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:30 AM
AustinS
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ACEkraut11
Maybe you should ask them for a part time job as a greeter/salesperson?
If I didn't live almost an hour away, I would. I love to hang around and talk to prospective new MINI owners. And the free donuts and coffee don't hurt. Well maybe they do

Originally Posted by dicecedes
Cool visit. I agree that roadster is going to be nice. Is the center arm rest the same as it would have been if configured from the factory?
No. the factory armrest costs about $700. Here is a link to a picture of the one I bought from the dealer.
http://www.outmotoring.com/mini-coop...h_storage.html

Originally Posted by grgramps
Austin, That was very thoughtful of you to post your review of the service received. It seems we are inclined to complain when there's a problem, but neglect to compliment when we're pleased.
Yes, on internet forums, you get mostly the problems. I have had a few issues with my MINI, but Cincinnati MINI has taken care of every one. When I do have an issue, before I post a question here, I call the dealer.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:47 AM
ACEkraut11
6th Gear
Originally Posted by AustinS
If I didn't live almost an hour away, I would. I love to hang around and talk to prospective new MINI owners. And the free donuts and coffee don't hurt. Well maybe they do

No. the factory armrest costs about $700. Here is a link to a picture of the one I bought from the dealer.
http://www.outmotoring.com/mini-coop...h_storage.html

Yes, on internet forums, you get mostly the problems. I have had a few issues with my MINI, but Cincinnati MINI has taken care of every one. When I do have an issue, before I post a question here, I call the dealer.
You could have bought the one I have for sale in the marketplace for substantially less....

Old 10-12-2011, 09:43 AM
AustinS
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ACEkraut11
You could have bought the one I have for sale in the marketplace for substantially less....
I didn't know, nor was I looking for one. It was an impulse purchase. Do you not like yours? I think it will take a while to get used to it as I will have to hold my hand differently while shifting and the e-brake is awkward.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:03 AM
ACEkraut11
6th Gear
I didn't know, nor was I looking for one. It was an impulse purchase. Do you not like yours? I think it will take a while to get used to it as I will have to hold my hand differently while shifting and the e-brake is awkward.

I did not notice any difference with shifting. It is comfortable enough using it during driving. Did you install it yourself or have them do it? There is a little plastic hook on the cover that latches that breaks off very easily. I sold my MCS that had the arm rest and my new MINI already has one so I am not using it. The arm rest sometimes gets in the way a bit when you are trying to adjust the angle of the seat backs and anything you put inside will slide backwards if you tilt it up but all in all it performed as expected.

Old 10-12-2011, 08:27 PM
asc63
1st Gear
I considered the dealer-installed armrest, but didn't like the "JC Whitney"-inspired black bracket that gets bolted to the floor. I wish mine had the factory armrest since it sits back further (and doesn't block the e-brake). When I compared both (my dealer had cars with each), I decided I could do without.

Old 10-13-2011, 12:18 PM
AustinS
4th Gear
I think this is the first time I ever quoted myself...but I decided I did not like the armrest at all and took it back this morning.