R58 :: Coupé Talk (2012+) MINI Coupé (R58) discussion.

R58 What model and options are you planning on?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011 | 06:20 AM
callahan00
|
5th Gear
What model and options are you planning on?

So what options/packagers/model are you planning on getting?

I'm leaning towards a black roadster JCW I am probably going to option it out pretty heavy but I am undecided on the Nav/MINI Connected feature. My wife's Countryman has Nav and I've not been overly impressed with it. I like my Garmin Nuvi 5000 better. I'll probably option it out like I had my now-totaled R56. Cold Weather, Premium, Convience [or however the new packages are alligned.]

Cincinnnati is having an event this Saturday [mainly to push the leftover 2011's] and they are having a Coupe on display. The easiest part of the sell will be that my wife has already said that it looks "Cool". I'm slowly turning her into a MINI-maniac

Old 07-29-2011 | 09:13 AM
walk0080
6th Gear
I wasn't impressed with the MINI Navi... nor did I find the MINI Connected all that compelling of an option. So I optioned my JCW fairly heavy but skipped leather and Navi. I use Navigon on my iPhone4 and have it mounted in a ProClip mount/holder inside my justa-Cooper. That allows me listen to music and have Navi on the cheap. I plan on doing the same thing in my JCW although I may take advantage of the USB input.

This is my build if you are interested. It's for a JCW, not roaster JCW:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...22-post10.html

Old 07-29-2011 | 10:27 AM
callahan00
|
5th Gear
Looks pretty good.

Since this will be my weekend toy, I will probably not do Navigation. There are a lot of optons I can put on for the 2700 dollars. If it was going to be my daily driver I would probably go for the navigatin but since I have a long commute and I am using an 07 Honda Accord Coupe for my drive to work dropping that kind of money on Nav does not make a lot of sense.

Originally Posted by walk0080
I wasn't impressed with the MINI Navi... nor did I find the MINI Connected all that compelling of an option. So I optioned my JCW fairly heavy but skipped leather and Navi. I use Navigon on my iPhone4 and have it mounted in a ProClip mount/holder inside my justa-Cooper. That allows me listen to music and have Navi on the cheap. I plan on doing the same thing in my JCW although I may take advantage of the USB input.

This is my build if you are interested. It's for a JCW, not roaster JCW:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...22-post10.html

Old 07-29-2011 | 12:22 PM
BlacknBoostn
1st Gear
JCW Coupe for me, clad in Spice Orange, black roof and mirrors, black JCW wheels, Black Housing Projectors.

Options?

Maybe Sports Suspension (the coilovers and sway bar kit)
the full sized BBK with cross drilled and slotted rotors

we'll see what else... the JCW is such a sweet setup

Old 07-30-2011 | 07:19 AM
artguy
2nd Gear
I went for the S in white silver/silver. Kept it pretty simple (so the payment would be pretty simple ;-) Xenons, cold weather pack for NE winters, rear fog (have to fill the switch panel) HK stereo and iPod/Bluetooth.

This will be MINI number 5, and I've run the gamut from loaded to somewhat minimal to somewhere in-between. Have navi in the current S, and use my iPhone Navigon more often. To be honest, I don't think the coupe should be posting to Facebook and twitter. Maybe AFTER I get where I'm going?!

I'm an audio guy, so I figure the HK should be pretty sweet with all that extra space in back for speakers. I have my fingers crossed they will use that "behind the seats wall" to mount some audio goodness! Passed on the sport suspension because the thing is going to be stiff already due to the extra bracing, and with the roads around Boston, I need all the help I can get!

Seriously, I've seen some awesome MINI's and some that shall we say are "not so awesome" and I have a feeling that no matter what combo you order on the coupe, it's going to look wayyyyyyy cool!

Old 07-30-2011 | 12:46 PM
Jimbo
5th Gear
[QUOTE=BlacknBoostn;3332476]JCW Coupe for me, clad in Spice Orange, black roof and mirrors, black JCW wheels, Black Housing Projectors.

That is such an awesome looking color combinaton on the configurator

Old 07-30-2011 | 06:42 PM
lindseybp
5th Gear
Saw the coupe at Cincinnati Mini today and it looked awesome!

Old 07-31-2011 | 02:25 AM
Marioalex24
3rd Gear
Quick question for those who ordered the jcw. I know that the jcw Cooper will have the jcw areo kit standard at no cost for 2012 models. Will your jcw coupe have the areo kit as a standard feature?

Old 07-31-2011 | 07:45 PM
jamesday24
6th Gear
Yes, the MINI JCW Coupe will have the JCW Aerokit standard.

I'm getting a Midnight Black with Silver roof (and Silver MINI bonnet stripes instead of the center racing stripes) Coupe. Still deciding between an S Coupe with JCW Package or a JCW Coupe. I'm skipping the nav system and don't have/want an iPhone so won't get MINI Connected either. I'm swapping whatever wheels I get for the old 18" R95 JCW Star Spoke wheels. I'm planning on the black headlight housings, sport suspension, rear foglights, piano black dash, auto AC, armrest, and maybe a few more minor options.

Old 08-01-2011 | 07:28 AM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
@jamesday24,

This "pre-production" MINI Cooper S Coupe (which might interest you) showed up at our local dealer over the weekend. The pictures are poor quality, but I have to say that the Coupe looked totally awesome in real life. Pictures just never seem to do it justice.

Old 08-01-2011 | 08:26 AM
jamesday24
6th Gear
Cool, thanks. It looks great to me, even in photos. Those wheels are my second choice if I don't upgrade to the JCW wheels.

Old 08-01-2011 | 10:13 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
I'm thinking of the light silver with red top/mirrors, JCW aero kit, but not the JCW model, just the S. Leather guts, either the black with red piping, but possibly the lighter color. I may do red stripes this time. Auto tranny (so my wife can drive it), and a bunch of extras. What does the Mini Connected do for you? I'm not into NAV, but I use an iPod and will probably have an iPhone by the time I order the car (I'm becoming an Apple Fanboy).

Old 08-01-2011 | 10:45 AM
BlacknBoostn
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Jimbo
That is such an awesome looking color combinaton on the configurator
Heck yes it is... I have very few initial plans for this car, other than driving it the way it was meant to be... hard and lots of corners. Track days ftmfw...

Old 08-01-2011 | 10:59 AM
dertef
2nd Gear
Build your own is up.

Looks like Coupe just arrived on MINIUSA.COM. Build your own is up.

Old 08-01-2011 | 01:25 PM
BlacknBoostn
1st Gear
omfg

Old 08-01-2011 | 03:09 PM
diablito
5th Gear
Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn
JCW Coupe for me, clad in Spice Orange, black roof and mirrors, black JCW wheels, Black Housing Projectors.

Options?

Maybe Sports Suspension (the coilovers and sway bar kit)
the full sized BBK with cross drilled and slotted rotors

we'll see what else... the JCW is such a sweet setup
wow I was going to order just about the same but went ahead with the blk/red

orange/blk rocks!

Old 08-01-2011 | 03:30 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
The light silver/red top/mirrors isn't available in the S, just JCW. So I'm into CR with silver top/mirrors/stripes. The seats are the tough choice, either the almost white silver leather, or maybe black cloth/black leather combo (saves $1k). Anyone ever see the blackout headlights in person? I like that idea, just haven't seen it. I'm unlikely to order until I can see some interiors and paint in person at the dealer. Wheels too.

Old 08-01-2011 | 04:00 PM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
I was thinking about Spice Orange/Black, but now that the configurator is available, I see MINI USA won't allow you to do a Spice Orange Coupe S with the JCW Package. You can do it on a JCW Coupe though. Kind of a bummer as the Italian configurator allowed it. Ah well.

@TheBigNewt,

I just saw the blackout headlights in person on a Coupe S this weekend (see poor quality pic I posted above). They looked good, but I'd prefer the glass/plastic lens to be tinted instead of just the plastic backing being made black instead of chrome/silver. Guess that wouldn't be legal in too many states though.

They also force other options on you to get them (like the white turn signals and headlight washers) and so the price is actually much more than just an additional $100.

Last edited by TheOfficeMaven; 08-01-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-01-2011 | 04:04 PM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
Also, for the same money, I'd rather have the adaptive xenons (which are actually a functional upgrade). You can't get them in conjunction with the blackout xenons though.

Old 08-01-2011 | 06:04 PM
walk0080
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TheOfficeMaven
Also, for the same money, I'd rather have the adaptive xenons (which are actually a functional upgrade). You can't get them in conjunction with the blackout xenons though.
Unless you happen to live in Canada. In which case you get xenons with adaptive function as standard on a Cooper S/JCW... and you are also allowed to add black reflectors, which is what I did.

I like the black reflectors look, especially on the darker exterior colours.

Old 08-02-2011 | 01:12 PM
BlacknBoostn
1st Gear
Originally Posted by diablito
wow I was going to order just about the same but went ahead with the blk/red

orange/blk rocks!
heck yes it is... configured mine.. i'm on the fence about stripes.

Spice Orange,
Black Roof / Mirrors,
Black JCW Challenge Spokes,
Black and Red cloth JCW Seats,
Chili Red Accents (on the fence about this, depends on how much it clashes with the outside of the car, wish it was available in spice orange) on the inside paneling,
Black Housing Xenons,
Might end up with alarm,
Upgrading speakers myself,
Never use AC so no premium package for me needed ,
REALLY want the Alcantara steering wheel... I'll probably get it.

Sport suspension, JCW Coilovers, or aftermarket is all on the fence.. I'll need to drive one. We'll see. It's going to depend on how long I want to keep the warranty for lol.

This car is going to be amazing

Old 08-03-2011 | 06:16 PM
richreef
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by jamesday24
Yes, the MINI JCW Coupe will have the JCW Aerokit standard.

I'm getting a Midnight Black with Silver roof (and Silver MINI bonnet stripes instead of the center racing stripes) Coupe. Still deciding between an S Coupe with JCW Package or a JCW Coupe. I'm skipping the nav system and don't have/want an iPhone so won't get MINI Connected either. I'm swapping whatever wheels I get for the old 18" R95 JCW Star Spoke wheels. I'm planning on the black headlight housings, sport suspension, rear foglights, piano black dash, auto AC, armrest, and maybe a few more minor options.

just ordered the Blue S coupe with Silver top/stripes, JCW package,polar beige leather,Xenons with black housing,blue tooth,armrest. Initially was planning on S Coupe with Sport package and JCW aerokit but quickly realized that was stupid. Especially since JCW package is factory installed and Aerokit is dealer installed and painted. Of all the options I think the JCW package is the best bang for the buck.

Old 08-03-2011 | 08:11 PM
jamesday24
6th Gear
Getting the JCW Challenge Wheels and the JCW Aerokit (plus DTC) in the JCW Package all for $2,000 is a great deal. Didn't the JCW Aerokit alone cost that much before?

Old 08-04-2011 | 10:55 AM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
@jamesday24,

Plus you get the JCW door sills and the JCW interior treatments as well (i.e. red stitching on the steering wheel, shift boot, e-brake boot, and the red gear pattern on the shift ****).

Old 08-04-2011 | 10:57 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by jamesday24
Getting the JCW Challenge Wheels and the JCW Aerokit (plus DTC) in the JCW Package all for $2,000 is a great deal. Didn't the JCW Aerokit alone cost that much before?
That is a great deal IMO. I'm leaning toward CR/Silver with silver stripes, and the almost white (Polar Silver??) leather and the JCW dash. Has that leather dash option been offered before, and if so how's it look. I'm of the opinion that I need to see the leather and interior colors in person (wheels too) before I order. I don't trust the configurator colors on leathers that aren't black. The exterior paint colors aren't new, I've seen them.

Quick Reply: R58 What model and options are you planning on?