R58 :: Coupé Talk (2012+) MINI Coupé (R58) discussion.

R58 MINI Coupe Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011 | 10:23 PM
jdurdick
3rd Gear
Sorry to hear that PezRadar, have my fingers crossed for you.

Old 09-18-2011 | 11:27 PM
PezRadar
5th Gear
Yea unfortunately the next ship is one that leaves on the 24th.. which isn't until next Saturday..

8 day delay since production was finished. Ugh! That is for WW and KLine (Next ship is the 24th).

Old 09-19-2011 | 05:04 AM
Herby74
5th Gear
Booked on the Aida this morning. Arriving in NY on 9/29 and then a short hop to Philly.

Old 09-19-2011 | 05:55 AM
jdurdick
3rd Gear
Great news Herby74, totally jealous of you East Coast guys lol.

Old 09-19-2011 | 07:17 AM
PezRadar
5th Gear
Sigh.. Not booked on AIDA and I finished on the same day as Herby :(

Just called 1-866-ASKMINI and again I am told "It is in Quality Check" which it has been in since Friday morning...

Last edited by PezRadar; 09-19-2011 at 07:22 AM.
Old 09-19-2011 | 07:23 AM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
@PezRadar,

Don't feel bad, it appears that my Coupe has been left in limbo land as well. Kind of a bummer that simply having a one day later production date caues your vehicle to completely miss one boat and then have to wait more than a week for the next one to set sail. I guess we just had bad timing is all (unlike PatM and Zyamfier who really scored in the timing department). Ah well, I'm in no real rush for the car anyway.

Old 09-19-2011 | 07:25 AM
PezRadar
5th Gear
Yea but its just odd.. Their process doesn't seem to make much sense. We can finish on the same day as Herby, and totally miss out on a boat. That one boat would have gotten our cars to us a good 12-14 days earlier too. (Well for me on the EC. Not sure about WC boats :P)

Old 09-19-2011 | 07:30 AM
jdurdick
3rd Gear
Did see DB with WWR posted up a couple shots of what might be the first R58 customer car I know about in the US. Scott in Arizona.

Sorry to hear about both your cars not being on the boat yet.

Old 09-19-2011 | 07:46 AM
Zyamfier
Coordinator :: Cooper Owners of Rural Nebraska (CORN)
Originally Posted by jdurdick
Did see DB with WWR posted up a couple shots of what might be the first R58 customer car I know about in the US. Scott in Arizona.

Sorry to hear about both your cars not being on the boat yet.
Nope that was just a demo Scott has ordered a White (WS/PW< not sure and BK) Coupe. That was just a demo model and an automatic at that. DB's meaning was that Scott is getting a Coupe and this was the first time he has seen the Coupe in person.
Jim Petersen

Old 09-19-2011 | 07:47 AM
PatM
6th Gear
When we ordered our cars in 2009 we were hoping to have both cars delivered at the same time. Needless to say it didn't work out like that. We placed our orders within minutes of each other using the same MA. Makes sense right? So we thought for sure they would make the same boat.

Nope! My wife's car made it and mine did not. The cars ended up being delivered about 2 weeks apart. The sad part was when I was doing the pre-inspection on my car before delivery I had to reject it and they had to reorder the car. It had the wrong interior in the car. Not even close. The dealer offered to get all the right parts and fix it but I opted to reorder the car and get it right from the factory. (I didn't want the dealer ripping the interior apart especially when the service manager said they have no real expert to do it.) As it ended up my wife took delivery of her car in January and I took delivery of my car (the right car) in March. So we were a bit bummed that we couldn't have both delivered at the same time. That would have been cool.

Anyway, for those that didn't get the desired boat and/or whose cars seem to be lost in the system, have heart, it will get here eventually.

Old 09-19-2011 | 09:11 AM
PezRadar
5th Gear
I guess you get more or so worried that your car has been in "Quality Control" for 3-4 days.. Almost makes it feel as if something went wrong during manufacturing.

Old 09-19-2011 | 09:34 AM
PatM
6th Gear
Originally Posted by PezRadar
I guess you get more or so worried that your car has been in "Quality Control" for 3-4 days.. Almost makes it feel as if something went wrong during manufacturing.
Yes that's what it sounds like to me a manufacturing problem. But it's better to find it there than here after delivery. If that is the case and we certainly don't know that for sure, I would think they will get it squared away pretty quickly. I'm sure they want the best product hitting the market.

Old 09-19-2011 | 10:19 AM
jamesday24
|
6th Gear
Old 09-19-2011 | 10:33 AM
tcassa
2nd Gear
Thanks for the pics

Seeing those pictures makes all the more excited to get mine. My coupe should be at the port by now (maybe I should call ASK-MINI). The Coupe looks fabulous. Thanks for the link to the pictures.

Old 09-19-2011 | 10:35 AM
PatM
6th Gear
Very nice. Thank's for the link. Best pictures of the Coupe I have seen to date. I think I will be very happy with this car and can't wait to get my hands on it.

My kids are long gone and I have no need for any more room. I think the added room in the boot of this Coupe will be more than adequate for me and my wife. She is keeping her Mini so between the two of use we'll get everything we need.

This car will not be my everyday driver in the winter. It will however get used in the winter when we have nice days. And in fact it will get used on any snow days we get. My GTO will NOT go in the snow. The Coupe will do a much better job.

I'm pumped and hope that the ship that my car is on has it in overdrive.

Thanks for the link!

Old 09-19-2011 | 03:27 PM
TheGeekGuy
4th Gear
Mine is stuck (according to ASkMINI) awaiting delivery to the port. Has been for 5 days. Called this morning and spoke with a human and was told it was awaiting production!!!! Not sure what to think at this point.

Old 09-19-2011 | 03:48 PM
PezRadar
5th Gear
Originally Posted by TheGeekGuy
Mine is stuck (according to ASkMINI) awaiting delivery to the port. Has been for 5 days. Called this morning and spoke with a human and was told it was awaiting production!!!! Not sure what to think at this point.
Welcome to my vortex!!!

Old 09-19-2011 | 04:10 PM
TheGeekGuy
4th Gear
I'd love to have the car here sooner, but I am not going to fret too much. Just wish that MINIs systems we in sync.

Old 09-19-2011 | 05:45 PM
Zyamfier
Coordinator :: Cooper Owners of Rural Nebraska (CORN)
Originally Posted by TheGeekGuy
I don't believe anything anymore as I just checked OL and it says I am still waiting for a boat. WW says my VIN is on board and has made its first stop in Spain. Left South Hampton on the 17th. Go figure.

Old 09-19-2011 | 06:02 PM
PezRadar
5th Gear
I called this evening (ASKMINI)

I ignore the automated stuff and just go straight to a rep.. I instantly hit '0'

They told me that it has now been released to a carrier to head to port. I double and even triple confirmed. She said the car was done with 'Quality Control' on the 15th and admitted that they just sat on it for 3-4 days. She said it was fully finished today and has been released to a carrier.

(I don't believe them :P)

So I called again and got a different rep who told me the same thing. I have some faith now. :P

Old 09-19-2011 | 07:15 PM
TheGeekGuy
4th Gear
The automated system is the one stating it's awaiting carrier. The rep said it's still awaiting production.

Old 09-19-2011 | 08:34 PM
PezRadar
5th Gear
Well.. next scheduled WW ship is on the 24th.. and that is the Independence II (For east coasters)

Unfortunately that is also the longest of all the trips (18 days). What is sad is the ship that arrives in Southampton 2 days AFTER the Independence II... That ship actually arrives in Brunswick, GA 2 days BEFORE the Independence II even though it leaves 2 days later..

/facepalm :P

Old 09-19-2011 | 09:39 PM
jdurdick
3rd Gear
I will just be happy to see it move from the Awaiting Transport status on ours too. Still have that lovely 21 day trip to the West coast, figure once released from Port Hueneme still looking a week or so before I will be able to take delivery. At this point just hoping it happens before the end of October.

Old 09-20-2011 | 07:56 AM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
Well... My Coupe's production completed on the 16th, and just this morning ASK MINI has finally updated to saying "Your vehicle has been released to the carrier and is awaiting transport to the port of exit". From best as I can tell (for my Coupe anyway), ASK MINI seems to be about one day behind reality. Which means that my Coupe has been sitting in Southampton for at least three days waiting to go to the port of exit. I guess that's "normal", but it's really odd as to why some MINIs seem to fly through the whole process while others get held up for days on end. I've done all of this enough times now that I should be used to it, but I think this is the longest I personally have ever had a MINI sit in Southampton after production.

Although, this is nothing compared to when your MINI gets damaged during shipment and ends up sitting forever at the VDC while they attempt to repair it. That happened to us with our 07 R56. It got to the point where we nearly walked away from the whole thing because we were scared about what actually happened to it. In the end, we received a detailed report from our MA that stated exactly what damage the MINI had and we were given the option to reject the car or not. What a PITA that was! I hope that doesn't ever happen again.

Old 09-20-2011 | 08:02 AM
PatM
6th Gear
Ask Mini now tells me that the car is En Route. However the web site still says awaiting transport.
The WW site still shows what it did a couple days ago. I don't think the ship has left port yet thought the EDT is the 18th. So who really knows? I do know that it was loaded on the ship and that is most of the battle.

Quick Reply: R58 MINI Coupe Roll Call