R58 :: Coupé Talk (2012+) MINI Coupé (R58) discussion.

R58 MINI Coupe Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011 | 08:40 AM
jdurdick
3rd Gear
Could be worse, the Owners Lounge shows I am waiting for transport, Ask MINI says I am in port waiting to be loaded and the Customer Rep advised that its in QC. So sitting here trying to pick one to believe.

Old 09-20-2011 | 08:41 AM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
The OL for my Coupe still shows "Scheduled For Production" (and has since the 8th). The OL's website is far worse than ASK MINI is. You'd think it would have moved to "Awaiting Transport" by now. Ha!

Old 09-20-2011 | 10:03 AM
PezRadar
5th Gear
My car in the OL still says 'Scheduled for Production'

I called ASKMINI and the automated voice says "Your vehicle has been released to the carrier and is awaiting transport to the port of exit" which is different then yesterday. I also talked to someone live last night and they said the same thing that the automated service is now saying today.. so yea it seems like it is always a day off.

So sounds like I am experiencing what you are TheOfficeMaven. It appears MINI sat our cars in Oxford for 4-5 days. Seems like anyone who had their production completed on Friday of last week got their cars stuck over the weekend in Oxford.. while the 3 guys who finished on Thursday are now on boats.

Oh well.. we should be getting to port TODAY since it seems like it left just last night from Oxford or was waiting for a truck last night.

I'll check again this evening and email my MA.

Originally Posted by PatM
Ask Mini now tells me that the car is En Route. However the web site still says awaiting transport.
The WW site still shows what it did a couple days ago. I don't think the ship has left port yet thought the EDT is the 18th. So who really knows? I do know that it was loaded on the ship and that is most of the battle.
Your car left the port (Well the ship).. I watched it leave haha

Old 09-20-2011 | 10:08 AM
jamesday24
|
6th Gear
Mine's still On Order. Does everyone feel better now?

Old 09-20-2011 | 10:09 AM
PezRadar
5th Gear
Originally Posted by jamesday24
Haha poor james :(

Can't believe it still is.

Old 09-20-2011 | 10:32 AM
PatM
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jamesday24
I do but not really. I will feel better when the car is signed sealed and delivered.

But I do feel of you. Somehow I just can't shake the feeling that your getting screwed over!!

Old 09-20-2011 | 11:27 AM
PezRadar
5th Gear
My MA just got back to me... Well the sales manager.. Technically I'm dealing with a sales manager but the other one got back to me :P

He said my car is currently at the port in Southampton waiting for a boat.. which probably won't be here until Saturday (Me judging by the schedule)

Old 09-20-2011 | 12:08 PM
jdurdick
3rd Gear
Figure my issue is that looking at the WW line the next boat to the west coast looks to be the Asian King on 9/27. So likely MINI is aware which cars are likely to site while waiting for a boat and building others first. Still jealous of PatM for his being on the Turandot and coming to the PNW likely a month before mine lol.

Old 09-20-2011 | 12:23 PM
PatM
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jdurdick
Figure my issue is that looking at the WW line the next boat to the west coast looks to be the Asian King on 9/27. So likely MINI is aware which cars are likely to site while waiting for a boat and building others first. Still jealous of PatM for his being on the Turandot and coming to the PNW likely a month before mine lol.
Nope, I'm on the Grand Venus. And I don't think the ship has even left port yet. At least I can get no official word that it has.

So until I get that word I am essentially in the same boat as everyone else. Or not in the boat as the case may be.

Old 09-20-2011 | 12:38 PM
jdurdick
3rd Gear
Bah true, I jumped a line the spreadsheet..

Is the Grand Venus a WW boat or a K-line?

Btw if your on the boat you should be happy because it looks to be headed southwest past Brest France on the 19th (last check in).

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...012:32:00%20PM

Old 09-20-2011 | 12:39 PM
PezRadar
5th Gear
Originally Posted by PatM
Nope, I'm on the Grand Venus. And I don't think the ship has even left port yet. At least I can get no official word that it has.

So until I get that word I am essentially in the same boat as everyone else. Or not in the boat as the case may be.
Like I said earlier and jbur in the post above.. your ship is long gone and well on its way to the West Coast :P

Old 09-20-2011 | 12:42 PM
PatM
6th Gear
Bah true, I jumped a line the spreadsheet..

Is the Grand Venus a WW boat or a K-line?

Btw if your on the boat you should be happy because it looks to be headed southwest past Brest France on the 19th (last check in).

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...012:32:00%20PM
YO I checked this morning and nothing came up. Well jumping jehosefat. That is great news. I went to the WW site and that is where I got the information on the boat. So I'm assuming it is a WW boat but I'm not sure how to tell for sure??

Old 09-20-2011 | 12:51 PM
drdave113
2nd Gear
Bad News

MA e-mailed me yesterday, production date now last week of October, eventhough order was 8-20-11 with a relatively low production number. Oh well off to Vegas tomorrow for 5 days.

Last edited by drdave113; 09-20-2011 at 12:53 PM. Reason: adding more info
Old 09-20-2011 | 01:01 PM
PatM
6th Gear
It is a WW boat. I just keyed in the B of L number and got a list of 100 vin numbers that are on this boat under my B of L number. It says it is a WWL ship line. So I'm assuming that's what they mean.

It lists the complete vin so I'm golden I think!!

Old 09-20-2011 | 01:14 PM
jdurdick
3rd Gear
Very cool Pat! Looks like that two day jump you got in the production line is going to equate to about a month of being the only Coupe we know about in the PNW. You will have to take a lot of shots to share once you beast comes in.

Old 09-20-2011 | 01:14 PM
jamesday24
|
6th Gear
Originally Posted by drdave113
MA e-mailed me yesterday, production date now last week of October, eventhough order was 8-20-11 with a relatively low production number. Oh well off to Vegas tomorrow for 5 days.
Sounds like we're going to be around the same time. What about our Coupes pushed our builds so late?

Old 09-20-2011 | 01:33 PM
PatM
6th Gear
Very cool Pat! Looks like that two day jump you got in the production line is going to equate to about a month of being the only Coupe we know about in the PNW. You will have to take a lot of shots to share once you beast comes in.
Maybe. I know that NWM told me that they had 2 other Coupes sold as well. They maybe on the same boat as I am. Not sure.

But I will take lots of pics and share away.

Old 09-20-2011 | 04:26 PM
artguy
2nd Gear
siiiiiiiiiiigh!

Well I was most likely the first to order one of these fellas in early July, and I'm STILL scheduled with no date! MA told me yesterday it will be built next week, so hopefully it won't be snowing when it gets here!! Happy to see them rolling off the line though!!

Keep us posted everybody. We need something to keep our spirits UP!

Kurt

Can't figure it out! I have white silver with silver roof. Could the silver roofs be holding us back? The lighter color? Weird!

Old 09-20-2011 | 04:30 PM
paulsminis
4th Gear
Deposit and order in late July for a JCW Coupe. Still no prod number, nor build date. Sales manager says it is "in the system" but that MINI hasn't put it in the production queue. And he claims it will be the first coupe at their dealership. Nothing special about the order to explain the delay.

Old 09-20-2011 | 04:54 PM
jdurdick
3rd Gear
July 16 order, deposit a year earlier. paulsminis proves its more than the silver roof. Well lets keep our chins up as its unlikely any of us are going to be seeing many around I bet no matter how late it comes in. Does not mean that I am loving the wait but can deal with it.

Old 09-20-2011 | 05:02 PM
jdurdick
3rd Gear
Forgot to add pics it seems but this is ours minus some things that doen't show on the configurator.

Old 09-20-2011 | 08:02 PM
Cred
4th Gear
The OL says "On order" the ppl at askmini say it s scheduled for production but they do not have a production week. My MA and sales mgr say scheduled for production with no build date available as of yet. The sales mgr said most likely I will have a November build and a December delivery. Wow! I have quite a wait! I plan on living vicariously thru all those who have theirs delivered.

Old 09-20-2011 | 08:07 PM
jamesday24
|
6th Gear
Originally Posted by paulsminis
Deposit and order in late July for a JCW Coupe. Still no prod number, nor build date. Sales manager says it is "in the system" but that MINI hasn't put it in the production queue. And he claims it will be the first coupe at their dealership. Nothing special about the order to explain the delay.
EXACTLY my situation.

Old 09-20-2011 | 08:57 PM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
I asume that you guys simply ordered your MINIs from "low volume" dealerships that weren't able to obtain earlier production slots is all. Kind of stinks, but I suppose that MINI can only make so many Coupes in the begining and so "high volume" dealerships most likely get priority production slots. I feel for you guys.

Old 09-20-2011 | 09:33 PM
Cred
4th Gear
Originally Posted by TheOfficeMaven
I asume that you guys simply ordered your MINIs from "low volume" dealerships that weren't able to obtain earlier production slots is all. Kind of stinks, but I suppose that MINI can only make so many Coupes in the begining and so "high volume" dealerships most likely get priority production slots. I feel for you guys.
I was told the same thing! The sales manager did tell me repeatedly that I will most likely have a November build slot. I could have ordered from a high volume dealer in my area but opted to go to a new dealership. I think the newer dealership is low man on the totem pole. So I saved a few dollars but I have a longer wait. Seemed like a good decision 2 weeks ago...

Quick Reply: R58 MINI Coupe Roll Call