R58 :: Coupé Talk (2012+) MINI Coupé (R58) discussion.

R58 MINI Coupe Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011 | 11:27 AM
PezRadar
5th Gear
Independence II and California Highway have both left.

Please let our cars be on one of those boats, MINI.

EDIT: Dealership says tracking information is still the same and hasn't updated yet. He said he would check again on Monday.

Last edited by PezRadar; 09-24-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Old 09-24-2011 | 03:52 PM
jbs111
4th Gear
Stopped by my dealer today. They just received two S coupes and one "justa coupe." the S's were blue/black,one manual and one auto. The "justa" was all black with manual trans. They didn't even know they were coming in. Just showed up on the truck yesterday.

Old 09-24-2011 | 06:27 PM
PezRadar
5th Gear
Just stopped at the dealership. They aren't sure which boat I'm on.. But they are betting that I am on one now.

They said they will know Monday when they update their system.

They had 3 Coupes in as well. 1 Cooper and 2 S's. The Cooper is a black with silver roof/stripes.

They also had 2 Red S's that had silver roof and stripes. Cooper and 1 S were automatic while the other S was manual.

They sold the Justacoupe in 1 DAY. The lady can pick it up next Saturday (October 1st). I was bummed because that means I won't be the first 'sold' Coupe at the dealership :(

I test drove the S though and it was great. The car feels solid and a bit more tighter/heavier on steering then the hatchback. Had a few friends who are also MINI owners with me in the local DFW Club (MetroplexMINI) and they agreed.

I'm also blown away at the clutch on these compared to my 2007 R56. So much easier to push in. It was nice. Loved everything about it and I can't wait

A few things though that I didn't like..

1) The new glove compartment sticks out more and is kinda "ew" looking.
2) The visibility from the rear is pretty bad. It will take some use to driving with a lot less visibility. The spoiler makes it worse. Though I think the blindspot isn't bad. The glass happens to actually curve so you can just look at the rear window and see which car would be in your blind spot since the car is so small :P

A few extra notes..

1) If you live in a city where the speed limit is about 45-50mph on city streets.. be prepared to see your spoiler go up and down nonstop. That will surely impress the people behind you
2) The car has no 'Oh sh$&" handles for the passenger above the window nor any side window sun visors
3) Everyone looks when you are driving this. I saw TONS of people looking and actually trying to get into lanes next to me to see the car. It was awesome :D

Old 09-24-2011 | 08:47 PM
jamesday24
|
6th Gear
I also test-drove an MCS Coupe today. Very quick and felt solid. I got it on the interstate for a short while as well as some tight bends. The JCW is going to be amazing.

My MA pointed out the "puffy" glove compartment. The other 2012 MINIs don't have this and we couldn't figure out why the Coupe was that way. Very odd.

The tailgate is pretty heavy. I don't think I'll be able to pull it closed one-handed.

I pre-traded my FIAT 500 and got pre-approved through MINI for my Coupe. Now I just wait until my JCW Coupe arrives in November. At least I still have my 2004 JCW MC to drive until then.

I'm also kind of disappointed that I won't have one of the first Coupes sold by my dealership. However, I do still have the only JCW Coupe on order there.

Old 09-24-2011 | 10:09 PM
jdurdick
3rd Gear
Guess MINI is getting tired of all of us impatient MINI owners. MINI Owners Lounge is down, the contact number sounds like its directing oddly and cannot confirm its even MINI. Guess that's the end effect of MINI leaving our Coupes at the dock for so long lol.

Kinda sad that so many of us that have had our orders in for so long (myself since 7/16, down payment for about the last 14 months) are likely to be anything but the first cars through our dealers. Pretty sure the dealerships will be able to sell one of more of the dealer stock items long before our Coupes hit US soil. Kinda a sad situation.

Still three days before I am even hoping that the Coupe is on its way.

Old 09-24-2011 | 10:12 PM
PezRadar
5th Gear
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN1f6...el_video_title

Great little video that goes in depth with the Coupe.

Old 09-24-2011 | 10:31 PM
jdurdick
3rd Gear
Great video find PezRadar.

Any word from your dealer if yours was on one of the boats?

Old 09-24-2011 | 10:34 PM
PezRadar
5th Gear
They said that they would check on Monday and that their systems are normally not updated on weekends. Still showing at a port on Friday so I won't know if it got on a boat on Saturday or not until Monday.

He says it more than likely did but I am still very skeptical.

Old 09-24-2011 | 10:50 PM
Cred
4th Gear
I was told today that the dealerships are not able to sell any coupes until October 1st. I suspect that Mini corporate has prioritized the dealer stock before the pre and early ordered coupes. I hope we see some more movement on our vehicles which are on order, in production and and those still at the docks.
But it is going to be worth it! Driving that S coupe today was awesome. Hours later I'm still smiling.

Old 09-24-2011 | 11:15 PM
PezRadar
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Cred
I was told today that the dealerships are not able to sell any coupes until October 1st. I suspect that Mini corporate has prioritized the dealer stock before the pre and early ordered coupes. I hope we see some more movement on our vehicles which are on order, in production and and those still at the docks.
But it is going to be worth it! Driving that S coupe today was awesome. Hours later I'm still smiling.
Yep. The justacoupe they had on the lot that was sold today can't be delivered/signed for until next Saturday. The lady was coming back next Saturday to pick it up.

Old 09-25-2011 | 07:42 AM
LKaec
Neutral
Lisa's Mini

My coupe is awaiting the boat. I got an S (automatic) with as much JCW stuff as I could so my husband will drive it to work instead of his gas guzzling BMW. I test drove an S model at Mini of Annapolis yesterday and it was great; I couldn’t get the smile off of my face. Much improved over my 2007 S (this will be our fourth mini). After the test drive yesterday, my impatience factor is getting higher. After it hits Baltimore, it will have to wait for work at the port and also at the dealer.

Production number: 3657303
Midnight black/black roof w/silver racing stripes
JCW package, also cold weather, technology and premium packages
JCW tuning kit, JCW strut braces, 17” sport brake kit, JCW sport gauge, and JCW gear shift indicator
Mini connected w/nav
Adaptive headlights
Sport suspension
Chrome exhaust tips, mirror caps, and driving lamps

Last edited by LKaec; 09-25-2011 at 08:01 AM.
Old 09-25-2011 | 08:12 AM
orange33
2nd Gear
I did order the miniconnected/GPS and my coupe has been made and is probably by now on a ship. ski

Old 09-25-2011 | 08:41 AM
kbeaner522
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by PezRadar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN1f6...el_video_title

Great little video that goes in depth with the Coupe.
Great video! I'm still waiting for my dealership to get theirs in... I'll be first in line for a test drive.

Old 09-25-2011 | 08:46 AM
jamesday24
|
6th Gear
I updated the list in the first post. Please let me know if there are any additions or corrections needed.

001. artguy | MCS Coupe | WS/S | No Stripes | Unknown | HK Stereo, Cold Weather Pack, Bluetooth/iPod, and Xenons
002. xcoupe | JCW Coupe | WS/CR | Stripes | Unknown |
003. richreef | MCS Coupe | LB/S | Stripes | Unknown | JCW Package, Polar Beige Leather, Bluetooth/USB, My Mini Dash
004. jamesday24 | JCW Coupe | MB/S | No Stripes | Black Star Bullet | Xenons, Black Headlight Housings, Sport Suspension, HK Stereo
005. Herby74 | MCS Coupe | LB/S | No Stripes | 16" Star Spokes | Cold Weather and Premium Packages, Xenons, Toffee Color Line, Cloth/Toffee Leather
006. Zyamfier | JCW Coupe | MB/MB | Custom Stripes | JCW Cross Spoke Black | Cold Weather, Technology, and Premium
007. PatM | JCW Coupe | CR/B | Stripes | JCW Challenge Spoke Black | Cold Weather and Premium Package, Black Headlamp housings, HK Stereo
008. drdave113 | JCW Coupe | MB/MB | Red Stripes | 17" Challenge Spoke Black | Cold Weather Package, Black headlamp housings
009. TheGeekGuy | MCS Coupe | MB/MB | Silver Stripes | Black Star Bullet | Sport Package, Black Headlight Housings, HK Stereo
010. orange33 | MCS Coupe | MB/S | No Stripes | Black Star Bullet | Loaded
011. LTLMCPE | JCW Coupe | PW/CR | Stripes | Unknown | Cold Weather Packages, Xenons, Black headlight housings, JCW Suspension
012. tcassa | MCS Coupe | EG/B | Stripes | Black Star Bullet | Cold Weather and Sport Packages, Punch Leather, Xenons, Black Headlamp housings
013. jbs111 | MC Coupe | MB/S | No Stripes | 15" Wheels | Automatic Transmission, Technology Package, Toffee Lounge Leather
014. n0uk | JCW Coupe | LB/S | No Stripes | 17" Challenge Spoke Black | Cold Weather, Premium, and Technology Packages, MINI Connected, Xenons
015. PezRadar | MCS Coupe | SO/B | Stripes | Black Star Bullet | Xenons, Black Headlight Housings, MINI Connected, Rooster Red Color Line
016. mschiml | JCW Coupe | WS/B | Stripes | Black Star Bullet | Xenons, Satellite Gray Interior, MINI Connected with Navigation
017. diablito | JCW Coupe | MB/CR | Stripes | 17" Challenge Spoke Black | Premium Package, Xenons, Black headlight housings, Championship Red Leather
018. tnieh | MCS Coupe | WS/B | Stripes | 17" Challenge Spoke | JCW, Cold Weather, Premium, and Technology Packages, MINI Yours Interior
019. Cred | JCW Coupe | EG/CR | No Stripes | Black Star Bullet |Premium and Technology Packages, Xenons, Carbon Punch Leather
020. TheOfficeMavin | MCS Coupe | WS/B | Stripes | Unknown | Unknown
021. paulsminis | JCW Coupe | BRG/B | No Stripes | Unknown | Unknown
022. kbeaner522 | MCS Coupe | CR/B | Stripes | Conical Spoke Black | Cold Weather and Sport Packages, Xenons, Black headlight housings
023. jdurdick | JCW Coupe | LB/S | Stripes | 17" Challenge Spoke | Xenons, Black headlight housings, all JCW Accessories
024. SilverNewt | MCS Coupe | WS/B | Stripes | Unknown | Unknown
025. lisemini | JCW Coupe | SO/S | Stripes | Unknown | Unknown
026. LKaec | MCS Coupe | MB/B | Silver Stripes | Unknown | JCW Tuning Kit, JCW, Cold Weather, Technology, and Premium Packages

Old 09-25-2011 | 11:47 AM
orange33
2nd Gear
I hope my coupe is on a ship. It is black with silver top but no stripes. ski

It is on a ship and about to George where the distribution center is. They have hundreds of minis there.

Last edited by orange33; 09-29-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 09-25-2011 | 06:42 PM
LTLMCPE
3rd Gear
Jamesday, for your list I have the 17" Challenge Spoke Black wheels.

Old 09-25-2011 | 08:08 PM
jamesday24
|
6th Gear
Updated.

Old 09-25-2011 | 09:44 PM
PezRadar
5th Gear
Well tomorrow is the moment of truth possibly.

It is to see if us East Coast VDC Coupes made it on one of the ships that left Southampton this past weekend.

WWL Ship - Independence II (Making stops in Nova Scotia to New York, to Baltimore, to Charleston, to Brunswick)
K-Line Ship - California Highway (Making stops in Baltimore to Brunswick to Charleston)

I'm not coming up on the 'Cargo Tracking' for the WWL ship so I am praying to the MINI Gods that I am on that K-Line Ship (California Highway). My car has been out of production for 10 full days as of tomorrow and if I am still at that god damn port in the UK, I will be knocking down some doors :P

Good luck to all who are in this situation. Hopefully we are on these damn ships!

Old 09-26-2011 | 06:53 AM
Cred
4th Gear
!0 days at the port is crazy. I understand your frustration. Hopefully you will see some movement soon. Good luck!

Old 09-26-2011 | 07:14 AM
tnieh
1st Gear
For those of us still waiting...

I am still waiting for mine to be built. Its been in scheduled for production status for a while now with no confirmed production date. My dealer said he was told that there are delays with the Nav and JCW Challenge Spoke wheels (both should be resolved soon). Mine is now scheduled for week 40 (but it was 36, then 38 so I am not overly confident) but hopefully it will start production this week. I am disappointed that they have received shipments at the dealers across the country and other people can walk in off the street and buy one and I won't the the first in ATL with a new Coupe. But mine will be just the way I want it which is important to me. Good luck to those of you waiting for delivery. I did notice that most that the dealers have received JCW or not have not had the challenge spoke wheel but instead the twin blade.

Last edited by tnieh; 09-26-2011 at 07:19 AM.
Old 09-26-2011 | 07:30 AM
Cred
4th Gear
tnieh - At least you were given a build date. I still have not received a build date even though I have been told by Askmini reps numerous times that it is scheduled for production. My MA did tell me that I would have at least 8 weeks to wait.

Old 09-26-2011 | 07:43 AM
TheGeekGuy
4th Gear
Still waiting to find out if I am on the Asian King leaving Southampton on 9/28 (my birthday ). Hopefully it will.

Old 09-26-2011 | 07:46 AM
PezRadar
5th Gear
I will hit 8 weeks next Friday. Some guys are nearing 90 days. Pretty crazy.

Old 09-26-2011 | 07:50 AM
jamesday24
|
6th Gear
I'm still waiting for a production date, too. I did not order the nav or JCW wheels.

Cred, I wonder what it is about our MINIs that put them so late. Could it be our Black Star Bullet wheels?

Old 09-26-2011 | 08:33 AM
PezRadar
5th Gear
I have Black Star Bullets - so no.

Quick Reply: R58 MINI Coupe Roll Call