R58 :: Coupé Talk (2012+) MINI Coupé (R58) discussion.

R58 MINI Coupe Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011 | 05:58 PM
PezRadar
5th Gear
Actually TURANDOT wouldn't have benefited me as it has no stop in Brunswick. AIDA was my last hope :P

Brunswick is in Georgia so I need something that goes to the East Coast not West.

TURANDOT actually went to

BREMERHAVEN GERMANY 02/09/2011 14/09/2011

This is where they load Countrymans - So your boat has Countrymans on it as well. What is interesting is that it went to Spain after going to Southampton before heading toward Baltimore. :P

Old 09-26-2011 | 06:19 PM
Zyamfier
Coordinator :: Cooper Owners of Rural Nebraska (CORN)
Smile

Originally Posted by PezRadar
Actually TURANDOT wouldn't have benefited me as it has no stop in Brunswick. AIDA was my last hope :P

Brunswick is in Georgia so I need something that goes to the East Coast not West.

TURANDOT actually went to

BREMERHAVEN GERMANY 02/09/2011 14/09/2011

This is where they load Countrymans - So your boat has Countrymans on it as well. What is interesting is that it went to Spain after going to Southampton before heading toward Baltimore. :P
Yeah, people in Spain need MINIs too. That little detour took an extra 2 days. Poor me. Don't get me wrong I feel for you guys but, don't think for a moment I would trade places.

Old 09-26-2011 | 08:51 PM
PezRadar
5th Gear
So.. my options..

'MANON' a WWL ship which leaves on the 27th and arrives in Brunswick on the 10th of October. Somehow doubting it is this one because nothing has gone right so why should this.

'Georgia Highway' a KLINE Ship which leaves on the 1st and arrives to Brunswick on the 10th of October. I have a feeling it will be this one. MINI mentioned 'late this week' to my dealership tonight when my dealerships sales manager inquired why it was taking so long. Likewise I heard a bunch of NAMers are about to receive their MINIs from Chesapeake Highway in the 1st Gear forum tomorrow in Georgia and this boat is in the same 'Westbound' service from KLine as the Chesapeake is in. The Chesapeake Highway was also the ship that came in on 'September 17th' to Southampton which is what MINI may have been referring to from my earlier post to my dealer as being the last potential ship of taking my Coupe from Southampton.

Lastly the 'ELEKTRA' which comes in on the 2nd of October but that feels too long so I'm guessing it isn't that since it doesn't get to Brunswick until the 17th of October.

Old 09-27-2011 | 07:58 AM
tcassa
2nd Gear
Just checked the WW cargo tracking website and I am booked on the Asian King. W00T. So awesome to have some definate information. Any west coast coupes may want to jump out to the WW cargo website and put their VIN into the cargo id. Want to see who will be on board with Jack S.

Old 09-27-2011 | 08:20 AM
jbs111
4th Gear
@tcassa: Congrats!!! Hopefully all of those waiting for a boat will get on this one!! According to the Port Hueneme schedule, it should arrive on October 19th.
http://www.portofhueneme.org/busines...l_schedule.php

I am hoping to get on the Asian Vision on the 11th since my build is not done until the end of the week, which means transporting to the port next week.

Last edited by jbs111; 09-27-2011 at 08:29 AM.
Old 09-27-2011 | 11:00 AM
PezRadar
5th Gear
I'm on a boat!!

I actually got on the California Highway this past weekend! I know for sure I am on a boat, and I'm fairly sure its the California Highway.

The Sales Manager at the dealership e-mailed me saying that I hopped on a boat 'this morning' and it is to arrive on 10/5. There is no boat that came in this morning arriving in Brunswick on 10/5 and their system appears to be updating slow and I actually got on a K-Line boat arriving 10/5 in Brunswick, GA that left this past weekend. The only match is the California Highway.

Also an anonymous Coupe buyer indicated that they are also on the California Highway and that MINIs systems updated this morning to reflect his order as well.

I'm excited.

jamesday - I have this anonymous owners information. He is wanting to stay out of the fray for now but passed on his info for the list.

# Name | Model | Colors | Stripes | Wheels | Major Options/Accessories

028. Mystery Buyer | MCS Coupé | LB/S | Stripes | 16" 6-star Twin Spokes | Carbon Black Checkered cloth, H/K Stereo, Xenon/White, Factory alarm.

Ordered the morning of Saturday, August 6. Shipped on K-Line CA Highway 9/24, due in port 10/5.

WOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm excited :D It is already a decent way across the Atlantic.

Old 09-27-2011 | 11:49 AM
PatM
6th Gear
Stay out of the Fray, Stay out of the Fray.

I say he needs to man up and show his face. LOL

Never heard of such a thing.

Good for you PezRadar. Sounds like your wait is almost at a close.

I just heard from my MA. They have a couple of Coupes in now and i have an appointment on Saturday to drive it. This will be the telling story. I will try and keep a log of my feelings about the car and will get back with a report as soon as I can. It's an S not a JCW so I will have to keep that in mind. But I will be fair and impartial.

Keep out of the Fray. I still don't get that!!

Old 09-27-2011 | 12:24 PM
PezRadar
5th Gear
Aww someone deleted my funny jokes from the spreadsheet :(

Old 09-27-2011 | 12:41 PM
LKaec
Neutral
I'm on the Endurance

My MA says my coupe is on the Endurance. It left Southhampton yesterday, 9/26, and due at Baltimore on 10/5. Yeahhhhh! I don't know what line that is, or other ports it will stop.

Old 09-27-2011 | 12:51 PM
PezRadar
5th Gear
Originally Posted by LKaec
My MA says my coupe is on the Endurance. It left Southhampton yesterday, 9/26, and due at Baltimore on 10/5. Yeahhhhh! I don't know what line that is, or other ports it will stop.
Congrats.

It is going straight to Baltimore.

http://marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdet...mmsi=366479000

You can click 'Vessels Track' to see its track over the past day or so .. It will soon be to far for Marine Traffic so you will have to use sailwx.

Endurance I believe is a WWL ship.

Old 09-27-2011 | 12:54 PM
LKaec
Neutral
Thanks

Pez, thank you so much. I'm new to this.

Old 09-27-2011 | 12:56 PM
PezRadar
5th Gear
Originally Posted by LKaec
Pez, thank you so much. I'm new to this.
Yep no problem. I confirmed it is a WWL ship

http://sagaweb.2wglobal.com/AppSched...esselSearch.do

Go here and type "Endurance" but don't hit enter.. Click the button to search. It gives you your ships itinerary.

Oh and it is going to Panama and then New Zealand after Baltimore/Savannah!

Old 09-27-2011 | 02:37 PM
tcassa
2nd Gear
The Asian King should be pulling into Southampton in the next hour or two. It looks to be about 8-10 miles out of the port at last report. Then the loading process begins. I would imagine that by tomorrow morning US time, she will be loaded up and back out to sea. Should be able to confirm on WW website that our West Coast coupes are on their way. Good times, the waiting is at the halfway point.

Old 09-27-2011 | 02:57 PM
xcoupe
1st Gear
Just checked WW and my coupe is getting on the Asian King to come to port hueneme on the 19th of ROCKtober.

Exciting times for us west coasters.

Old 09-27-2011 | 03:30 PM
Cred
4th Gear
I still think there are a few of us stuck in the "On Order" stage with "no available production date." Askmini reps have no idea why or what that means other then the date is yet to be scheduled. That part I know, but the question is why????? Can anyone tell me why there are 4 or 5 of us stuck in the same stage?

I am happy for you guys who will be getting your coupes soon.

Last edited by Cred; 09-27-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old 09-27-2011 | 03:50 PM
Herby74
5th Gear
I feel like a pioneer/explorer....first online Coupe to reach the shores of North America (Halifax). Will arrive in New York day after tomorrow. Glad to hear more of you will be shoving off soon!

Old 09-27-2011 | 05:05 PM
Zyamfier
Aww someone deleted my funny jokes from the spreadsheet :(
It was not me. Maybe it was the MINI GODS!

Old 09-27-2011 | 05:23 PM
PezRadar
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Zyamfier
It was not me. Maybe it was the MINI GODS!
Haha

Originally Posted by Herby74
I feel like a pioneer/explorer....first online Coupe to reach the shores of North America (Halifax). Will arrive in New York day after tomorrow. Glad to hear more of you will be shoving off soon!
Yep! You will be first.. followed by the east coasters that left this weekend/yesterday.

Cred - Anyway of talking to your MA and really drilling on it? I would almost complain

Old 09-27-2011 | 05:57 PM
Zyamfier
Originally Posted by Herby74
Mine will hit the coast on Thursday. Only one problem, my MA has informed me that chances are they will be in no extra rush to get my car out the door and on a truck because it will not reach the dealer in time to be counted in this months sales. So it may take a little longer than a week to deliver to Omaha.
For the same reason they may not hurry on yours either because they can not actually sell it to you till Oct 1. I am a glass half empty kind of guy. I am an optimist in that the glass is half full but it isn't water.

Old 09-27-2011 | 06:31 PM
PatM
6th Gear
I'm still weeks away being a west coastee. I'm assuming the boat will hit PH around October 11 or so. Another 3 to 5 days to get to my dealer then the Invisishield install, then finally me.

So realistically speaking I'm thinking around the 19th.

Feels like a lifetime right now!!

Old 09-27-2011 | 07:26 PM
Cred
4th Gear
Cred - Anyway of talking to your MA and really drilling on it? I would almost complain
Actually I did call my MA little after my previous post. He was helpful and empathetic so I am waiting to see how quickly his actions will yield results. I will post any changes as they occur.

Old 09-27-2011 | 08:10 PM
jamesday24
|
6th Gear
I am also still On Order but was always a week 40 or 42 build from the start. My question is why was that the earliest allocation I could get when I placed my order back on 8/8? I'm still three weeks from production.

Old 09-27-2011 | 08:13 PM
PatM
6th Gear
You have been asking that question for sometime now. No answer are forthcoming apparently. Quite frankly it stinks. I just don't understand it. Nothing about it makes any sense.

Old 09-27-2011 | 08:44 PM
jdurdick
3rd Gear
Just got confirmation that mine was loaded on the Asian King, hope all the west coast people waiting are on it too. Best of luck to everybody that have hit roadblocks. Saw and drove a JCW Coupe today and can say well worth waiting for.

Old 09-27-2011 | 10:23 PM
TheGeekGuy
4th Gear
My MINI is checking out the sun deck... Looking at the buffet..

She's on the Asian King!

Quick Reply: R58 MINI Coupe Roll Call