R58 :: Coupé Talk (2012+) MINI Coupé (R58) discussion.

R58 MINI Coupe Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011 | 01:16 PM
PezRadar
5th Gear
I don't think Brunswick even has any AIS stations nearby so I can't even tell if my ship has arrived or not ... lol

It left Baltimore over 2 days ago so I'm going to assume it is there. I e-mailed my MA to ask him if it arrived. Hoping to hear back today..

Old 10-06-2011 | 03:00 PM
Lil' Red's Mom
1st Gear
Just got email from our MA....Lil Red did go to paint today and still on schedule to go to assembly tomorrow!!

Very jealous of everyone who has gotten theirs already, but I sure hope you guys are enjoying the heck out of them!!!

Old 10-06-2011 | 03:19 PM
LTLMCPE
3rd Gear
JCW Suspension

Did anyone else order the JCW Suspension? If so where is it being installed? I was told the Port Vehiclie Processing Center would do, now that car is built told no they can't and dealer has not yet provided a quote. I would have ordered the sports suspension if I'd of known all this.

Old 10-06-2011 | 04:15 PM
Zyamfier
Coordinator :: Cooper Owners of Rural Nebraska (CORN)
Originally Posted by LTLMCPE
Did anyone else order the JCW Suspension? If so where is it being installed? I was told the Port Vehiclie Processing Center would do, now that car is built told no they can't and dealer has not yet provided a quote. I would have ordered the sports suspension if I'd of known all this.
Yes it is an addition to be done at the dealer. I opted for the sport suspension as I was on the fence about the JCW because of the installation price with labor at the dealer. If it could have been installed at the factory I would have pulled the trigger. The main reason it can not be done at the factory is due to space available. Think of it this way....If your fridge is full of apples and oranges you have no space for pairs. Sure it is a JCW and should probably have the suspension. Until MINI has the room to build a individual line for just JCWs I doubt we are going to see this as standard on JCW. Sorry you were not aware that it was not an option at factory or VDC.

Old 10-06-2011 | 04:18 PM
LKaec
Neutral
JCW Suspension - quote

My Mini dealer quoted me:
JCW Sport Suspension Kit: Labor $1,875.00; Parts $1,000.00; Total Price $2,875.00. Dealer installed.
My MA said "The JCW suspension definitely is not (worth it). I recommend opting for the factory Sport Suspension option for $500. It still achieves a firmer ride without the huge labor bill."
We went with almost everything else JCW to add to my S (automatic), 'cause I'm too old to learn how to drive a standard.

Last edited by LKaec; 10-06-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old 10-06-2011 | 04:33 PM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
I installed the JCW suspension myself on my R53 (years ago now). It wasn't very hard to do. But WOW! I most certainly wouldn't pay $1,875.00 in labor to have it installed. That's just insane as it's only around four or five hours worth of work tops.

Old 10-06-2011 | 05:59 PM
LTLMCPE
3rd Gear
Thanks guys for the info. My MA told me he wasn't sure on the install on the JCW suspension when I did the order, but he would find out and let me know. By the time he heard back from the VDC contact the car was built so no option to switch to the sport suspension. Now I have the ultimate MINI coming with a base suspension. WTF. MINI/Dealer better make this right.

Old 10-06-2011 | 06:56 PM
jamesday24
|
6th Gear
Somehow I missed Lil' Red's Mom, but have now added her as the 30th Coupe.

So here are the updated numbers:

Models
MC Coupe: 2
MCS Coupe: 15
JCW Coupe: 13

Colors
BRG II: 1
Chili Red: 3
Eclipse Grey: 2
Laguna Green: 1
Lightning Blue: 5
Midnight Black: 8
Pepper White: 1
Spice Orange: 2
White Silver: 7

Old 10-06-2011 | 07:12 PM
jamesday24
|
6th Gear
And I just added gch3 as the 31st MINI Coupe.

Old 10-06-2011 | 07:25 PM
gloomchen
3rd Gear
Love that list... also inspirational for my sig.

Old 10-07-2011 | 12:36 AM
johnf36
4th Gear
Thanks guys for the info. My MA told me he wasn't sure on the install on the JCW suspension when I did the order, but he would find out and let me know. By the time he heard back from the VDC contact the car was built so no option to switch to the sport suspension. Now I have the ultimate MINI coming with a base suspension. WTF. MINI/Dealer better make this right.
I understand where your at, I asked the same question and got a different answer. I was told that the JCW comes standard with the JCW suspensions and the sport package is a up grade to the JCW suspension. I ask if that was the case then why is it even a dealer option? Haven't got an answer to that yet.

You run into the same problem going the other direction you can't get the aero package on the S from the factory so that the paint matches you have to take it as a dealer option and 5k later you might have a new car that is all one color.

Old 10-07-2011 | 05:26 AM
LKaec
Neutral
Originally Posted by johnf36
I understand where your at, I asked the same question and got a different answer. I was told that the JCW comes standard with the JCW suspensions and the sport package is a up grade to the JCW suspension. I ask if that was the case then why is it even a dealer option? Haven't got an answer to that yet.

You run into the same problem going the other direction you can't get the aero package on the S from the factory so that the paint matches you have to take it as a dealer option and 5k later you might have a new car that is all one color.
I don't want to argue, but when I ordered the 7HN JCW Works package, the aero kit shows on my Design MSRP sheet my MA sent me, and is not being installed at the dealer or the port with my other JCW 'accessories'.

Old 10-07-2011 | 07:40 AM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
The JCW aero kit was factory installed on my 2012 MCS Coupe as part of the new JCW package. Along with the 17" challenge spoke wheels, JCW door sills, and red stitched interior treatments (and DTC too).

Old 10-07-2011 | 07:55 AM
PatM
6th Gear
Put the front strut brace in and I think your most of the way there anyhow and you can save $200.00. (And get a better day to day ride.) If your tracking your car, Opps.

Old 10-07-2011 | 09:02 AM
PezRadar
5th Gear
Got confirmation that my car got into Georgia yesterday!

Dealership said I should have it by late next week! :D

Old 10-07-2011 | 09:26 AM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
@PezRadar,

Sweet! Please do post lots of pics since you appear to have a rare color. My wife and I wanted the same color, but it wasn't available with the JCW package for some odd reason and so we opted for WS instead.

Old 10-07-2011 | 09:28 AM
LTLMCPE
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by PatM
Put the front strut brace in and I think your most of the way there anyhow and you can save $200.00. (And get a better day to day ride.) If your tracking your car, Opps.
Pat, this car will be autocrossed and tracked at least a few times, and may replace my M coupe as my track car. That's why I went JCW and wanted the best suspension.
I did autox and some tracks days in my recently sold 02 MCS which had the factory sport suspension. Looking for lower and more aggresive this time.

Old 10-07-2011 | 10:33 AM
jdurdick
3rd Gear
Tiny bit of news for the Asian King west coast people, back on tracking on ais.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...0&type_color=7

First confirmation our boat did not sink in the middle of the Atlantic lol

I also got confirmation from my MA that the VDC is installing the strut brace and JCW CF dash at the VDC then shipping it to the dealer who will install the JCW suspension.

Old 10-07-2011 | 10:50 AM
TheGeekGuy
4th Gear
Not the fastest journey, but pretty quick... About another 5 days or so to the canal I think.

Old 10-07-2011 | 11:06 AM
jdurdick
3rd Gear
Due in at the canal in three days 9/10 and then at the VDC about the 19th

Old 10-07-2011 | 11:29 AM
Cred
4th Gear
Originally Posted by PatM
Do you think the strut brace will really do much on the coupe since it already has such a stiff chassis? I spoke with Way about it a while back and he told me to drive it for a while and then see if need some increased stiffness. But he cautioned me that it might not need to much at all.

Old 10-07-2011 | 11:33 AM
drdave113
2nd Gear
Car in body shop

Old 10-07-2011 | 11:34 AM
LTLMCPE
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by jdurdick
Tiny bit of news for the Asian King west coast people, back on tracking on ais.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...0&type_color=7

First confirmation our boat did not sink in the middle of the Atlantic lol

I also got confirmation from my MA that the VDC is installing the strut brace and JCW CF dash at the VDC then shipping it to the dealer who will install the JCW suspension.
Jon, may I ask what the dealer is charging for the JCW suspension install?

Old 10-07-2011 | 11:50 AM
v2Bob
2nd Gear
Pat, this car will be autocrossed and tracked at least a few times, and may replace my M coupe as my track car. That's why I went JCW and wanted the best suspension.
I did autox and some tracks days in my recently sold 02 MCS which had the factory sport suspension. Looking for lower and more aggresive this time.
At this point maybe tell the dealer you'll take it with the plain suspension and then have a place like waymotorworks.com set up like you want, could be better for you than the JCW set up.

PS: Tracks in the Chicago area eh? Have you been to Blackhawk, Gingerman, Gratten, or Putnam? I've been on those with a sport bike. Long drive but if you can get down to Barber, wow.

Old 10-07-2011 | 11:57 AM
LTLMCPE
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by v2Bob
At this point maybe tell the dealer you'll take it with the plain suspension and then have a place like waymotorworks.com set up like you want, could be better for you than the JCW set up.

PS: Tracks in the Chicago area eh? Have you been to Blackhawk, Gingerman, Gratten, or Putnam? I've been on those with a sport bike. Long drive but if you can get down to Barber, wow.
If dealer won't agree on a install discount I may ask for parts deal and then take to another shop for install. I've already mentioned to the guy that preps my M coupe.

Bob, yes I have driven all those. My greatest number of days are at Gingerman. This year six days at Autobahn Country Club, plus one at Blackhawk and three at Putnam. Heading to Barber next week for BMWCCA Oktoberfest. Doing the track on Wednesday and looking forward to seeing Barber first hand.

Quick Reply: R58 MINI Coupe Roll Call