R58 :: Coupé Talk (2012+) MINI Coupé (R58) discussion.

R58 MINI Coupe Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011 | 10:21 AM
jdurdick
3rd Gear
Step by step, exciting times for Coupe owners still waiting for their cars.

Old 10-25-2011 | 10:53 AM
TheGeekGuy
4th Gear
Red face

Originally Posted by jdurdick
Great to hear that James! Not a long wait at all.

My MA advised even though there were only a couple options being installed at the VDC that this normally slows down the delivery in his experience between 3-5 days. They will be installing the CF JCW dash and Strut bar on ours. We are still slated for a 10/30 arrival at the dealership and still expecting a four day turn around once here as they have a boat load of work to do on our car.
Good to hear you have an actual delivery date. Mine is somewhere...

Old 10-25-2011 | 11:16 AM
jdurdick
3rd Gear
Its only the OL assumed date. Until its on the truck will not have a definite date. Either way figure we should have it one way or another by the weekend after next.

Old 10-25-2011 | 11:34 AM
PezRadar
5th Gear
Originally Posted by jamesday24
I finally confirmed my Coupe caught the "K" Line ship CALIFORNIA HIGHWAY and is due in port on 11/2. It's looking like a possible delivery date of 11/11/11.
Same boat mine was on last month

Old 10-25-2011 | 11:55 AM
Cred
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jamesday24
I finally confirmed my Coupe caught the "K" Line ship CALIFORNIA HIGHWAY and is due in port on 11/2. It's looking like a possible delivery date of 11/11/11.
That's awesome! Time to start the countdown!

Old 10-25-2011 | 12:55 PM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
Talked to my MA yesterday and he said that my Coupe had been released to the carrier and is simply waiting at the VDC for the carrier to bring it over to the dealership. He said that it has an ETA of 10/26 (which is one day earlier than the OL claims for the ETA).

It seems very strange to me that it takes 6 to 7 days to move a car 60 miles from the VDC to the dealership??? Ah well, at least I have an idea of when to expect it now.

I guess that my Coupe just likes hanging around at ports is all... It spent nearly two weeks waiting at the port in Southampton and nearly another full week waiting at Port Hueneme. Crazy!

Old 10-25-2011 | 01:01 PM
jbs111
4th Gear
@theOfficeMaven
Wow, that wait is quite a change from the past. So close, but so far. I guess I know what I am in for now :-)

Old 10-25-2011 | 01:11 PM
PezRadar
5th Gear
Originally Posted by TheOfficeMaven
Talked to my MA yesterday and he said that my Coupe had been released to the carrier and is simply waiting at the VDC for the carrier to bring it over to the dealership. He said that it has an ETA of 10/26 (which is one day earlier than the OL claims for the ETA).

It seems very strange to me that it takes 6 to 7 days to move a car 60 miles from the VDC to the dealership??? Ah well, at least I have an idea of when to expect it now.

I guess that my Coupe just likes hanging around at ports is all... It spent nearly two weeks waiting at the port in Southampton and nearly another full week waiting at Port Hueneme. Crazy!
Wasnt that ship that brought yours over on with a ton of other cars due to all the cars at Southampton sitting around for so long. I bet it got stuck in a long traffic jam of cars :(

Old 10-25-2011 | 01:16 PM
jdurdick
3rd Gear
Does seem oddly long wait for a close delivery.

I just got work that ours got on the truck and will be at the dealership on Friday or Saturday.

Old 10-25-2011 | 03:13 PM
xcoupe
1st Gear
Interesting news. I had to take my car in because a light turned on when I started driving. They just looked at the engine and did a full diagnostic and it looks like they will be ordering me a new engine from Mini. So I am down for the count with the silver surfer for a while.

They say that the engine is leaking oil into the cylinders, any one else hear about this?

Old 10-25-2011 | 03:35 PM
Cred
4th Gear
Originally Posted by xcoupe
Interesting news. I had to take my car in because a light turned on when I started driving. They just looked at the engine and did a full diagnostic and it looks like they will be ordering me a new engine from Mini. So I am down for the count with the silver surfer for a while.

They say that the engine is leaking oil into the cylinders, any one else hear about this?
That's crazy bad luck. Sorry to hear this bad news. Hopefully they will correct the problem quickly and have you driving without any worries.
How many miles before the light came on?

Old 10-25-2011 | 03:37 PM
jdurdick
3rd Gear
Sorry to hear that xcoupe. First I've heard of a issue like this.

Old 10-25-2011 | 04:18 PM
gloomchen
3rd Gear
That sucks... but at the same time, better for any problems to surface right away (with a no-issue replacement of the engine, no less) than for something like this to bubble up later.

Guess we have something to keep an eye on, whether it be our Coupes or 2012s in general...

Old 10-25-2011 | 04:20 PM
v2Bob
2nd Gear
I see from the list you have JCW. Did they say what was leaking the oil? Valve guides, piston rings, etc?

gloomchen, I think the JCW has a slightly older engine version than other Coupes.

Old 10-25-2011 | 04:31 PM
Zyamfier
Coordinator :: Cooper Owners of Rural Nebraska (CORN)
Good to see all you guys with your Coupe deliveries almost complete. I was kind of feeling like a loaner. Be carful, I have at several times found the need to question if MINI installed a black hole in my wheels. People start looking when you are passing or they are passing you (RARELY) and can't help but veer into your lane because they have forgot to look forward as they are HYPNOTIZED by the Coupe.
They kind of have this look on there face.

Old 10-25-2011 | 05:22 PM
jdurdick
3rd Gear
That is great Zyamfier, needed the laugh thanks man.

Your correct v2Bob that the JCW engine is still the same pre-mid cycle update engine. The update brought valvetronic which has not come out with the JCW motor yet.

Old 10-25-2011 | 06:51 PM
Lil' Red's Mom
1st Gear
Oregon Highway is out of Balitmore port moving to Brunswick....I am so excited!! MA told us about 10 days after arrival in Brunswick, she will be ready to take home. ETA into Brunswick is the 27th so Monday the 7th of Nov should be D-Day!!!!

Old 10-25-2011 | 07:53 PM
LTLMCPE
3rd Gear

That's not good! I have some quality issues on mine, but nothing like that. How many miles had you put on it?

The things I found were that the JCW side rocker sills were missing clips just behind the front wheel arch so there was a gap and they were loose. Also found the middle brake light cover cracked and the center interior roof mounted toggle cluster is loose on the driver side edge. Those I found after the dealer found the pass thru door latch stuck, and then broke. Anyone else have any such quality issues?

Old 10-25-2011 | 08:41 PM
Benibiker
6th Gear
Originally Posted by LTLMCPE
Anyone else have any such quality issues?
Once a Mini always a Mini...

Old 10-25-2011 | 09:17 PM
PatM
6th Gear

xcoupe I have the JCW as well. How many miles were on your car when this manifested itself?

Old 10-25-2011 | 09:44 PM
xcoupe
1st Gear
Next to none. 15 miles?
Got home, and had to work with my other vehicle the next day. Turned her on and there was the light. She has about 21 miles now so it was an early issue. Dealer says they doubt the other engines will have it since the JCW engines are "hand built" by one engineer.
An engineer is flying in to LA this week to diagnose if they want to get a new engine crated over here as a replacement or just fix the current engine. They did not say where the leak was coming from and told me they do not want to crack the engine open until the special engineer is there. I got a long term loaner until everything is settled. So I am currently in a 2012 MCS Black on Black hah.

Congrats on everyone getting closer to delivery. I have yet to see a coupe on the road in LA, so hopefully we all get out driving soon.

Old 10-25-2011 | 11:03 PM
PatM
6th Gear
I suspect it is an isolated incident. Too bad it had to happen to you. I will assume that everything will be handled to your satisfaction. I have just over 300 miles on Brewster so I'm assuming all will be ok.

I hope you keep us informed of your progress.

Regards,

Pat

Old 10-26-2011 | 04:56 AM
Zyamfier
Coordinator :: Cooper Owners of Rural Nebraska (CORN)
Over 3,000 on NAPALM as of this and no issues either.

Old 10-26-2011 | 05:56 AM
jamesday24
|
6th Gear
That's unfortunate. Either a faulty part or improper assembly. A new engine is great but that will take a while.

Old 10-26-2011 | 01:22 PM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
MA just emailed letting me know that our Coupe has finally arrived at the dealership. Whohoo! Should be able to pick it up today!

Really bummed to hear about xcoupe and Herby74's troubles with their new Coupes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that ours will be trouble free.

Quick Reply: R58 MINI Coupe Roll Call