R58 :: Coupé Talk (2012+) MINI Coupé (R58) discussion.

R58 MINI Coupe Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011 | 12:06 PM
Cred
4th Gear
gloomchen
I love your LG coupe! I am glad it ll has worked out in the end. I am sure you are as really enjoying your time motoring.

Old 12-03-2011 | 12:20 PM
gloomchen
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Cred
gloomchen
I love your LG coupe! I am glad it ll has worked out in the end. I am sure you are as really enjoying your time motoring.
I'm trying to enjoy it! Every time I've gotten a new car, I'm a nervous spazz for the first 2 weeks or so. Once I get used to it and mellow out, it gets a lot more fun.

My only real frustration so far has been trying to get my radar detector installed. There doesn't seem to be any way to do above-the-mirror due to the very short distance from the mirror stalk to the edge of the sun visors. I've got a below-mirror mount on its way, but even that was kind of a miracle find.

Appointment to get the windows tinted next Friday. Then: subwoofer time.

Old 12-04-2011 | 11:09 AM
paulsminis
4th Gear
How wide are the Stripes?

I am in the process of attempting to design some custom stripes for our New BRG coupe. Would someone kindly measure the width of the factory stripes and tell me how wide they are, and also the distance between the two stripes might help.

Thanks,

Paul

Old 12-05-2011 | 11:29 AM
rosvick
3rd Gear
Update on my R58 S:

I had to put the order on hold for a month or so, but it's officially coming now, and should be here by the beginning of March 2012 (just in time for the snow to melt and the roads to dry up a bit!).

Being as though it's a Canadian car, the spec list will be a bit different from everyone else's, but here goes:

- white silver with black roof and mirror caps
- sport stripes
- black headlamps
- carbon black leatherette
- dynamic traction control
- style package (chrome line exterior & interior, and piano black dash trim)
- sport package (sport suspension and conical spoke wheels)
- premium package (power folding & dimming mirrors, armrest, park distance control [I don't want it, but I have to have it in the package], rain sensor, auto headlamps, SIRIUS radio, harman/kardon stereo, and media connect)

It shall be named Broadspeed when it shows up. Now, the wait truly begins....

Old 12-05-2011 | 04:55 PM
BillTheCat
4th Gear
Originally Posted by gloomchen
Good note about letting it run a bit after the highway. I live in downtown Minneapolis, and quite literally I take an exit and the first right into my driveway. Not even 500 ft off the exit. What had happened on the first drive home is that I rolled up into my driveway and put it in park (still running) while I searched for my garage door opener. 30 seconds later I looked up to open the garage door to see the CEL. So do you think it would be easier on the turbo if I at least took it around the block first? Because that's very doable.
Actually, what you did there was probably the right thing to do, and more than likely NOT the reason for your CEL. If you DO have a few blocks to drive in 2nd/3rd gear @ under 2500 RPM's (under 2k is even better), that should provide a decent cooldown for the turbo. If you don't, the next best thing is to let it idle in neutral/park for 30-60 seconds. This lets the engine cycle coolant thru the turbo while it isn't working hard & producing heat, and therefore most able to be cooled.

Old 12-05-2011 | 06:09 PM
gloomchen
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by BillTheCat
Actually, what you did there was probably the right thing to do, and more than likely NOT the reason for your CEL. If you DO have a few blocks to drive in 2nd/3rd gear @ under 2500 RPM's (under 2k is even better), that should provide a decent cooldown for the turbo. If you don't, the next best thing is to let it idle in neutral/park for 30-60 seconds. This lets the engine cycle coolant thru the turbo while it isn't working hard & producing heat, and therefore most able to be cooled.
So the CEL may remain a mystery for now. If it comes back, I'll take it to the dealership, but I'll accept one that immediately disappears on next ignition as possibly being a fluke. I've had nothing since, and did the same type of drive today as I did the first time. (I did take it around the block, although maybe that's because I didn't want to get out of my car yet.)

I am going to follow your advice about idling for a bit. And I imagine I'll need that advice more earnestly once winter goes away and I can REALLY enjoy the turbo.

Old 12-07-2011 | 01:27 AM
glennaa11
3rd Gear
my car is officially at the VDC in Baltimore now. We'll see how long it takes to truck down to Sterling from there. Shouldn't take too long I would guess. My birthday is next Friday, so I am hoping for delivery next weekend...

Now I just need to get the finance ducks in a row and get the trade in research finished so I can do battle with them when they offer me much less than they should for my 06 Cooper. :-)

Old 12-07-2011 | 05:53 AM
jamesday24
|
6th Gear
MINI brand: record November

The MINI brand can also look back on its best November ever. In the month under review, global sales climbed to 23,534 vehicles (+14.6%/prev. yr. 20,541). Volumes rose 22.4% (255,595/prev. yr. 208,816) in the first eleven months of the year, with sales growth in virtually all markets. The MINI Countryman continued to perform well, with 8,200 deliveries in November (+96.9%/prev. yr. 4,164). The new MINI Coupé also got off to an excellent start: More than 2,300 (2,347) units have been sold since its market launch in October.

Old 12-07-2011 | 07:59 PM
glennaa11
3rd Gear
communicated with my MA overnight (I am in Asia at the moment) and he tells me my car should arrive at the end of this week at the dealer and that I should be able to pick it up next weekend as I had hoped. He asked if I wanted to stripes to go all the way down the bumpers front and rear and what I wanted them to do on the roof. So that should be all set.

And they are willing to offer me 1.9% financing. So everything seems to be progressing nicely.

Old 12-09-2011 | 12:05 PM
wingding
2nd Gear
Pick up the Coupe s tomorrow 12/10...Pics to follow

Old 12-10-2011 | 08:31 PM
Cred
4th Gear

The coupe is awesome! I still can't believe how much I love driving it. Crazy!
I keep asking my wife if she needs me to run out to pick stuff up for her.
Just finished my first coat of wax with a nice buff. Love it.

Last edited by Cred; 12-11-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Old 12-12-2011 | 01:46 PM
TerminalVelocity
5th Gear
My Coupe has been loaded onto the Oberon (WW) and will be leaving Southampton for the high seas later today/tonight. Was fun watching it on the Marinetraffic.com iphone app shuttle from Belgium to the UK last night and dock at the Southampton point port. You can see on the satellite map all the little Mini's parked awaiting shipment. Would be curious to know how old that sat pic is.

Old 12-12-2011 | 08:20 PM
Lou62
1st Gear
Place my order for my coupe

Hello. I recently joined NAM after test driving a MINI Coupe in my search for a new car after 18 years of owning a Honda Del Sol. I placed a post on 1st gear. After test driving several other cars, nothing compared to the fun I had driving the MINI. Saturday I placed my order for my 2012 Spice Orange MINI Cooper S Coupe! My MA gave me my production number today although when I logged into the lounge it said the car was a Midnight Black Coupe. Is this common to get a production number with the wrong color listed? Here is my build. Still learning the acronyms so help me out if I get them wrong:
MCS Coupe / SO with black roof, cold weather package, technology package, sports package with black stripes and black star bullet wheels, seats leather/cloth toffee, toffee color line, Piano black dash, black headlamp housing.

Attached Thumbnails MINI Coupe Roll Call-my_mini_desktop-lou-spice-orange-12-11-11.jpg  
Old 12-12-2011 | 08:26 PM
TerminalVelocity
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Lou62
Hello. I recently joined NAM after test driving a MINI Coupe in my search for a new car after 18 years of owning a Honda Del Sol. I placed a post on 1st gear. After test driving several other cars, nothing compared to the fun I had driving the MINI. Saturday I placed my order for my 2012 Spice Orange MINI Cooper S Coupe! My MA gave me my production number today although when I logged into the lounge it said the car was a Midnight Black Coupe. Is this common to get a production number with the wrong color listed? Here is my build. Still learning the acronyms so help me out if I get them wrong:
MCS Coupe / SO with black roof, cold weather package, technology package, sports package with black stripes and black star bullet wheels, seats leather/cloth toffee, toffee color line, Piano black dash, black headlamp housing.
Yes it's completely normal to get a production order number with the wrong info. It will change to what you ordered in a day or two. It means you got a dealer production slot (which is a good thing) and they simply will change whats there to the features you ordered. It happened to me and several other people on this board. Welcome and congrats on your new Mini!

Old 12-12-2011 | 08:56 PM
jamesday24
|
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Cred

Great photo and perfect-looking Coupe. That's as good as any MINI press photo.

Old 12-12-2011 | 09:38 PM
TerminalVelocity
5th Gear
Great colors

You keep posting pics of your EG/CR Coupe while mine sits on a cargo vessel which just started it's long trip across the Atlantic and it's killing me (but in a good way). Even moreso in that it's the same color combo. Love it and I'm VERY happy I made that choice!

Old 12-14-2011 | 06:40 AM
glennaa11
3rd Gear
Dealer is putting the stripes on mine today. Planning to go pick it up on Saturday.

Old 12-14-2011 | 07:08 AM
KLeigh88
1st Gear
I'm starting to get the pre-delivery excitement. By all the tracking info, my new Coupe should be at the dealership. Unfortunately my MA isn't very good about answering his phone messages or email, so I'm not 100% sure where we're at. I'm taking delivery on Dec. 30th so I can use my year end bonus as part of the down payment. The next two weeks are going to be crazy waiting. Hopefully we won't get a ton of snow before I take delivery. So in the meantime I'll continue to read about everyone else.

Old 12-15-2011 | 06:16 AM
KLeigh88
1st Gear
Still need the dealer to add a stubby antenna and some JCW side scuttles, but my baby has arrived!

I wouldn't say I'm computer illiterate but I cannot figure out how to paste a pic here. Frustrating.

Last edited by KLeigh88; 12-15-2011 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Picture didn't show up
Old 12-15-2011 | 07:10 AM
PatM
6th Gear
Originally Posted by KLeigh88
Still need the dealer to add a stubby antenna and some JCW side scuttles, but my baby has arrived!

I wouldn't say I'm computer illiterate but I cannot figure out how to paste a pic here. Frustrating.
Read this it will tell you how to post pics.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...our-posts.html

Pat

Old 12-15-2011 | 07:44 AM
KLeigh88
1st Gear
Thanks for the help with the photo but I give up trying to post one. I am following the instructions and tried png and jpeg formats, nothing. It's in my gallery.

Last edited by KLeigh88; 12-15-2011 at 07:53 AM.
Old 12-15-2011 | 07:52 AM
PatM
6th Gear
Originally Posted by KLeigh88

Finally!!
Whoops.

Still no pic

Old 12-15-2011 | 09:38 AM
glennaa11
3rd Gear
The stripes are applied and I guess my car is now ready. Planning to pick it up on Saturday AM. I also ordered the rear bumper guard but they didn't think it would look good covering the stripes so I will have to decide when I see it in person

Here are a couple of pics from my MA...sorry these are so big

Old 12-15-2011 | 10:51 AM
gloomchen
3rd Gear
My fraternal twin!

Old 12-15-2011 | 06:38 PM
H. STGLTZ
2nd Gear
Drove home yesterday

Eclipse Gray, Sport Suspension, 17" Black Webs, Black headlamp housing, Chili Red mirrors-Sport stripes-Dash-Door Ring, Xenon Headlamps, White turn signals, Sporty Antenna, Strut Brace, Harman/Kardon.

Attached Thumbnails MINI Coupe Roll Call-img_1122.jpg   MINI Coupe Roll Call-img_1124.jpg  

Quick Reply: R58 MINI Coupe Roll Call