R58 :: Coupé Talk (2012+) MINI Coupé (R58) discussion.

R58 MINI Coupe Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011 | 07:00 PM
H. STGLTZ
2nd Gear
Drove home yesterday

Eclipse Gray Body Color, Chili Red Roof/Mirrors, Dash/Door Ring in Chili Red,
Red Sport Stripes, Headlamp Housings, White Turn Signals, Xenon Headlamps, 17" Challenge Spoke Black, John Cooper Works Black Checkered Cloth, Harman/Kardon Sound System, SIRIUSXM Satellite Radio, Sporty Antenna, Sport Suspension, JCW Strut Brace.

Attached Thumbnails MINI Coupe Roll Call-img_1124.jpg   MINI Coupe Roll Call-img_1122.jpg  
Old 12-16-2011 | 10:34 AM
jamesday24
|
6th Gear
Originally Posted by KLeigh88
Still need the dealer to add a stubby antenna and some JCW side scuttles, but my baby has arrived!

I wouldn't say I'm computer illiterate but I cannot figure out how to paste a pic here. Frustrating.

Old 12-16-2011 | 01:02 PM
TerminalVelocity
5th Gear
Originally Posted by H. STGLTZ
Eclipse Gray Body Color, Chili Red Roof/Mirrors, Dash/Door Ring in Chili Red,
Red Sport Stripes, Headlamp Housings, White Turn Signals, Xenon Headlamps, 17" Challenge Spoke Black, John Cooper Works Black Checkered Cloth, Harman/Kardon Sound System, SIRIUSXM Satellite Radio, Sporty Antenna, Sport Suspension, JCW Strut Brace.
Thanks for a glimpse of my future car! You have the (almost exact) exterior as I've ordered! Great combination of colors.

...oh yeah, more pictures are welcome anytime you wish!

Last edited by TerminalVelocity; 12-16-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Old 12-17-2011 | 10:52 AM
glennaa11
3rd Gear
yay!!! Just picked mine up. Everything went very smoothly. Stopped off at the Carmax down the street first to get their offer and used that to painlessly get $500 extra out of the dealer on my 06 MC.

Ended up with 0% for 3 years financing.

It's going to take me a while to learn all of the Connected features...even though I haven't got an iPhone there are lots of controls and the "visual boost" audio settings.

The stripes turned out extremely well. The shop they took the car to do them was apparently very pleased with the results as well.

It's a really cold and cloudy day here, but I will shoot some pictures in the next few days.

Old 12-17-2011 | 11:42 AM
indymidnight
1st Gear
I placed my order over 6 weeks ago. I was given a week 49 production slot at that time. I was also told that it would probably move up since it was a confirmed order. Now it is week 50 and still no change to my status. It has actually moved backward from status 112. My MA has no explanation and is telling me they are frustrated as well. Anyone know of any delays or production issues?

Thanks in advance.

Old 12-18-2011 | 06:47 AM
jamesday24
|
6th Gear
We have many more ordered/delivered Coupes than the ones listed. Please post up your specifications and photos if you have them and tell me you want added to the Roll Call.

Old 12-18-2011 | 07:19 AM
DAVESTER
4th Gear
Originally Posted by indymidnight
I placed my order over 6 weeks ago. I was given a week 49 production slot at that time. I was also told that it would probably move up since it was a confirmed order. Now it is week 50 and still no change to my status. It has actually moved backward from status 112. My MA has no explanation and is telling me they are frustrated as well. Anyone know of any delays or production issues?

Thanks in advance.
I ordered my Coupe (Deuce) Sept 28, born 12/11 and it is now on the water. Expected to arrive in Baltimore 12/23 and to my dealership very late Dec.
Be patient, it will arrive some day---

Old 12-18-2011 | 12:49 PM
Lou62
1st Gear
I logged into the mini lounge today and saw my car is scheduled for production. A VIN number was assigned. Does that mean my car will start to be built soon? Will my MA know the start date or should I call the MINI customer service?

Old 12-18-2011 | 12:57 PM
TerminalVelocity
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Lou62
I logged into the mini lounge today and saw my car is scheduled for production. A VIN number was assigned. Does that mean my car will start to be built soon? Will my MA know the start date or should I call the MINI customer service?
In my experience calling MINUSA was the best bet. Check with the automated 866 number first then click over and verify with a real live human being. The customer service reps are great and seem to have to most up to date info. As far as MA's go, everyones experience is different. My MA is pretty worthless when it comes to info on where my car has been in the process.

Old 12-18-2011 | 01:03 PM
glennaa11
3rd Gear
...while my MA was willing to work for me. They get print outs of all the dealership's vehicles and it should list your production week. The VIN gets assigned pretty early in the process though.

Old 12-18-2011 | 01:07 PM
TerminalVelocity
5th Gear
Once I had a VIN my car was in production within the week.

Old 12-18-2011 | 02:29 PM
MoxieRocket
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Lou62
I logged into the Mini lounge today and saw my car is scheduled for production. A VIN number was assigned. Does that mean my car will start to be built soon? Will my MA know the start date or should I call the MINI customer service?
Hi Lou62 - How were you able to log into the Owners' Lounge without a production number?

I'm asking because I sent about $8K to my dealership, cashed Nov 9th, as a deposit. My MA told me that I wouldn't get a production number until mid-January. I'm anxious to see *something* and I can't log in without a prod number. Just curious about how you got in...

Thanks!

Old 12-18-2011 | 02:37 PM
TerminalVelocity
5th Gear
I assume Lou62 had a production order number in order to log in. A VIN is assigned only when the car is about to enter production.

Old 12-18-2011 | 03:31 PM
glennaa11
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MoxieRocket
Hi Lou62 - How were you able to log into the Owners' Lounge without a production number?

I'm asking because I sent about $8K to my dealership, cashed Nov 9th, as a deposit. My MA told me that I wouldn't get a production number until mid-January. I'm anxious to see *something* and I can't log in without a prod number. Just curious about how you got in...

Thanks!
Holy crap! Why did you give them so much money? I put down a $1K deposit and thought that was par for the course. No way I would want to tie up so much of my money with the dealer for so long. That also seems like a very long wait for a production number. Has your dealer been selling a lot of coupes? Or do they just not get much allocation? I had a production number the day I placed my order or shortly thereafter since they gave me one of their slots that was already in the queue.

Last edited by glennaa11; 12-18-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Old 12-18-2011 | 03:47 PM
Cred
4th Gear

Thanks!
WoW! 8 grand? WoW! That's a lot for a deposit.

Old 12-18-2011 | 05:42 PM
gloomchen
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Cred
WoW! 8 grand? WoW! That's a lot for a deposit.
Mine was a whopping $400.

It would have to be a seriously limited edition automobile for me to put down an $8k deposit. I mean, unless that's at least 1/10th the price of the car, that's a ridiculous amount to ask up-front.

Old 12-18-2011 | 06:16 PM
jamesday24
|
6th Gear
Deposit?

Old 12-18-2011 | 08:48 PM
Lou62
1st Gear

Thanks!
Moxie, I put down $1k and had a production number a few days later. When I first logged in with the production number it was not my car. I waited a few days and the number now had my car build. I checked today and the status was update from on order to scheduled for production and a Vin was assigned. My MA told me when I ordered my car that he had no production slots open but maybe that changed. He told me to expect a late Feb. delivery. I will call MINI on Monday to see if there is a start date.

Old 12-19-2011 | 08:57 AM
Lou62
1st Gear

Thanks!
I put $1k down as a deposit and my MA emailed me my production number a few days later. Just called MINI and they see it scheduled for production just like the MINI Lounge but the customer service rep did not show a date yet. My MA was looking for a production slot for the dealer when I order my car but he said they had none. Not sure how he got me a production number so fast.

Old 12-19-2011 | 09:39 AM
TerminalVelocity
5th Gear
Lou62- If the car that showed up on the OL initially had the incorrect features (but then changed) I'd say the dealer did in fact find a dealer slot for you. That's generally what happens in this case. Thats a good thing for sure and probably why you got a production slot so fast.

Old 12-19-2011 | 10:33 AM
MoxieRocket
2nd Gear
Thanks for the info, Lou.

I'm working with Mini Orlando. My MA did tell me that I only needed to put down $1K. I was hoping to start the financing with my credit union sooner (just need the VIN), so I put the 8 down as a deposit / down payment.

Though I did go down there to test drive, I worked out the details with my MA by email and phone since I was trying to find the best deal between Jacksonville, Tampa, and Orlando.

I think they may have run out of slots, as they may have had a lot of takers after their Motortober event - being Orlando...

Yep... I probably should have went about this a totally different way. :(

UPDATE: Emailed the General Manager yesterday and he called back today. Looks like I have a January 1st production date, a production number, and a VIN. Wooo! My New Year baby!

Last edited by MoxieRocket; 12-20-2011 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Added an update
Old 12-19-2011 | 12:46 PM
glennaa11
3rd Gear
Here's an odd twist. Just spoke to my MA. He tells me that they weren't supposed to offer me that 0% for 3 years financing as it is not available on the Coupe and the finance guy messed up. So at first he said "you need to come up with your own money" And then called back to say they would give the 1.9% financing that he told me they would give me a couple of weeks ago. I just need to go back in a couple of days and sign the new paperwork. I reminded him that I already had signed paperwork with the original terms. :-) Altho the finance guy did say that MINI Finance would have to approve it...which I guess they didn't. There's probably some fine print there somewhere.

Now, I am sure they want 10's on their sacred survey (because they kept reminding me of that fact when I was picking up the car). So, what do you think I should try to extract from them for my trouble? Knock the interest I will have to pay on the loan off of the price so I come out even? Free extended warranty? Some sort of swag? What would you do?

Old 12-19-2011 | 04:43 PM
jamesday24
|
6th Gear
Yes, ask for some money off the top.

Old 12-20-2011 | 10:56 AM
MoxieRocket
2nd Gear
I agree with James, Glenna. I wouldn't even bring swag up to them as an option. However, you might get them to throw in the all-weather mats and/or some other feature at no additional cost if they don't go for knocking off some cash.

Old 12-22-2011 | 07:34 PM
indymidnight
1st Gear
Well I have an update to my earlier question... there has been a production delay. It has to do with Coupes ordered with the JCW Package and Challenge Spoke Wheels with All Season tires... it is no longer an option and a bulletin was sent to the dealers today stating these orders had to either 1) select summer tires with Challenge Spoke or 2) Conical rims with All Seasons.

Very disappointing that my car has been delayed 3 weeks with no communication about this issue... and now I get to wait an additional 2 weeks for the holiday plant shutdown.

Having worked for BMW, I am well aware how the Dealers are normally the last to know and are often put in bad situations while trying to provide customer communication. MINI needs to realize if they have a production tracking system, people are going to use it and notice when things dont seem to make sense... (IE my status moving backwards) I would have been fine to know this information 3 weeks ago and accepted the delay, but now I am just irritated.

On a positive note, my dealer has been very helpful and has offered to replace the summer tires with all season tires when it arrives. In addition, they are going to stand behind the original value of my trade-in even though I am currently putting 500 miles a week on it with approximately a 6 week delay.

Quick Reply: R58 MINI Coupe Roll Call