R58 :: Coupé Talk (2012+) MINI Coupé (R58) discussion.

R58 MINI Coupe Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012 | 07:45 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Bummer, Er.... my browser won't open your links.

Old 10-08-2012 | 11:03 AM
miffy
1st Gear
Hay...I am taking over ownership of a 61 plate coupe SD this coming Saturday..
I have called him Bertie and cannot wait...love him to bits..
Here are a couple of pics of him, will post some better ones after pick him up..
Name:  Untitled-6.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  64.0 KB
Name:  2012-09-30113314.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  147.1 KB
Name:  2012-09-30111902.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  146.5 KB
[IMG]http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd441/miffythepink/2012-09-30113334.jpg[/IMG

Old 10-08-2012 | 11:37 AM
jamesday24
|
6th Gear
Old 10-08-2012 | 12:37 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Thanks, James.... looking good, Er !! Any plans to mod, either performance or aesthetic ??

Old 10-08-2012 | 12:49 PM
er.
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB
looking good, Er !! Any plans to mod, either performance or aesthetic ??
What, you don't count the Platypus and the stubby?
I think I'm going to get this, but not until it's broken in:
http://www.cooperflags.com/ProductDetail.cfm?ID=537

In other words, no...

And I'm leaving the country tomorrow for 2 weeks. She probably won't remember who I am. We'll get reacquainted then.

Old 10-08-2012 | 03:41 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by er.

In other words, no...

And I'm leaving the country tomorrow for 2 weeks. She probably won't remember who I am. We'll get reacquainted then.
Looking for a MINIsitter? Cheap!?

Have a safe trip, Er!

Old 10-08-2012 | 03:46 PM
er.
3rd Gear
Looking for a MINIsitter? Cheap!?

Have a safe trip, Er!
Thanks

Sitter = absolutely not--I've got some for free who promise not to drive it. Maybe I'll hide the keys. It's got like 60-some miles on it or something. I'm not done being the only one who drives it yet!

Old 10-08-2012 | 04:27 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Aw, man!! I was going to break it in for you.... few hundred miles a day.

Old 10-09-2012 | 10:07 AM
alexroet
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by er.

In other words, no...

sorry, dumb question... what's a platypus?
(and I'm guessing stubby is the short antenna?)

Old 10-09-2012 | 10:25 AM
er.
3rd Gear
I was going to break it in for you:
That right there is blatantly false statement, my friend.

Old 10-09-2012 | 10:27 AM
er.
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by alexroet

sorry, dumb question... what's a platypus?
(and I'm guessing stubby is the short antenna?)
Haha sorry. I'm trying to sound smart with all these car-people cause I'm not really one. Look up Platypus on cravenspeed.com and yes the stubby is the short antenna. Sorry I'm on the NAM app on a bus on my phone and links are a pain...

Old 10-09-2012 | 11:22 AM
alexroet
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by er.
Haha sorry. I'm trying to sound smart with all these car-people cause I'm not really one. Look up Platypus on cravenspeed.com and yes the stubby is the short antenna. Sorry I'm on the NAM app on a bus on my phone and links are a pain...
ahh, got it! thanks!

(bummer story: just yesterday I went through a car wash and was thinking "how silly that they tell you to take the antenna off. No need to do that! besides this one is short and strong." and what happens next? I get home and notice it's all bent and cracked. of course it is! grrr. Still works. can't decide if it's worth replacing, or just put the stock one back on.)

Old 10-09-2012 | 01:26 PM
Chor
1st Gear
Originally Posted by alexroet
ahh, got it! thanks!

(bummer story: just yesterday I went through a car wash and was thinking "how silly that they tell you to take the antenna off. No need to do that! besides this one is short and strong." and what happens next? I get home and notice it's all bent and cracked. of course it is! grrr. Still works. can't decide if it's worth replacing, or just put the stock one back on.)

Reason to only hand wash your Coupe #212!

Old 10-20-2012 | 12:43 PM
Ignigena
2nd Gear
Just ordered my JCW Coupe today. I call him Nightwing.

My previous, which you can see at the top of this page in the TireRack ad, lost it's life early last week in a car accident. A very sad day for sure but this will make up for the loss for sure

Now comes the long and exciting wait as it's built!

Attached Thumbnails MINI Coupe Roll Call-exterior.jpg   MINI Coupe Roll Call-interior.jpg  
Old 10-24-2012 | 09:45 PM
Kurtster
4th Gear
Hi All,

I am supposed to get my final order sheet tomorrow and agree to it all then my order goes in.

For those who haven't seen my posts on the GP forum, I've had a GP deposit in and have been first in line at my local dealership. I owned a 2004 MCS that I loved and always wished I had a JCW. I sold "Miss Kensington" back in March with 165k miles on her! I love to drive.

I thought the GP would be the ultimate MINI to order as a replacement but when I discovered that MINI Connected with Nav was not available for it, that was strike one. When I found out the HK sound system wasn't an option and I couldn't add that or MINI connected on my own, that was strike two. When I heard it was going to be March and I'd have to spend this winter borrowing my wife's Clubman (Yes, we're a two-MINI family!) while she takes a bus in the snow, that was strike three.

I'm ordering White Silver, loads of carbon fiber options, Satellite White leather dash, Chili red accents inside to match the top, and the fixed rear wing in red. I may get the R113 black wheels with red stripe, but I'll no for sure tomorrow. Options are killing my budget.

I'm very excited! I love the coupe's styling, which I must admit grew on me since I first saw it. So many modern amenities available compared to my '04, I can hardly believe it. I will post all the details as they come in, and I'm so glad to be staying in the MINI community and more importantly, to be joining the Coupe owners.

One last thing: I hear these aren't selling very well so it's possible I'm taking a risk on resale value. That doesn't bother me because I need to love what I drive, and I am certain this will be quite thrilling. I also think it's a polarizing design that may be discontinued before long and like the BMW Z3 Coupe before it will become a classic in 10 years that few liked when it debuted, but everyone wishes they had after they're gone. Just a hunch.

Old 10-25-2012 | 05:18 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Swweeeeet, Kurtster ! Sounds like this is what you're describing, minus the side stripes:

Pretty much my plan when I can order my Coupe except I'm not opting for the fixed spoiler.

Old 10-25-2012 | 06:51 AM
Kurtster
4th Gear
Yup! That is exactly the look I am going for, with the stripes too. I forgot to mention those. That picture (and video) really sold me on that look. I know I'm copycatting but I don't think I'll run into another one in New England that looks just like that so it should be sufficiently "you-ified" for me.

Swweeeeet, Kurtster ! Sounds like this is what you're describing, minus the side stripes:

Pretty much my plan when I can order my Coupe except I'm not opting for the fixed spoiler.

Old 10-25-2012 | 07:13 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
I plan to pretty much copycat that one too. It's been the wallpaper image on my phone for months. And like you say, I hardly ever see a Coupe around here, in the land of many MINIs, so the chances of another like that one... slim to none.

Old 10-25-2012 | 09:26 AM
Kurtster
4th Gear
How much could I reasonably expect to get for a full set of Challenge wheels and tires unused? I'm on the fence now as to whether to get the Champion leather seats instead of the R113 Wheels. I don't think I can afford both.

Old 10-25-2012 | 09:45 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Not sure but I would do the leather. I'm going to get the leather, use the OEM Black Bullet wheels as my winter wheels and do aftermarket wheels for my primary set.

Old 10-31-2012 | 05:56 PM
LTLMCPE
3rd Gear
Congrats Kurster. And I think you are right about the thoughts on the coupe. Of course I have to admit I have a 99 M coupe I bought new.

Originally Posted by Kurtster
Hi All,

I am supposed to get my final order sheet tomorrow and agree to it all then my order goes in.

For those who haven't seen my posts on the GP forum, I've had a GP deposit in and have been first in line at my local dealership. I owned a 2004 MCS that I loved and always wished I had a JCW. I sold "Miss Kensington" back in March with 165k miles on her! I love to drive.

I thought the GP would be the ultimate MINI to order as a replacement but when I discovered that MINI Connected with Nav was not available for it, that was strike one. When I found out the HK sound system wasn't an option and I couldn't add that or MINI connected on my own, that was strike two. When I heard it was going to be March and I'd have to spend this winter borrowing my wife's Clubman (Yes, we're a two-MINI family!) while she takes a bus in the snow, that was strike three.

I'm ordering White Silver, loads of carbon fiber options, Satellite White leather dash, Chili red accents inside to match the top, and the fixed rear wing in red. I may get the R113 black wheels with red stripe, but I'll no for sure tomorrow. Options are killing my budget.

I'm very excited! I love the coupe's styling, which I must admit grew on me since I first saw it. So many modern amenities available compared to my '04, I can hardly believe it. I will post all the details as they come in, and I'm so glad to be staying in the MINI community and more importantly, to be joining the Coupe owners.

One last thing: I hear these aren't selling very well so it's possible I'm taking a risk on resale value. That doesn't bother me because I need to love what I drive, and I am certain this will be quite thrilling. I also think it's a polarizing design that may be discontinued before long and like the BMW Z3 Coupe before it will become a classic in 10 years that few liked when it debuted, but everyone wishes they had after they're gone. Just a hunch.

Old 11-01-2012 | 04:10 AM
er.
3rd Gear
Kurtster--I feel like that 3rd strike was the only one you needed (I bet your wife agrees), the 1st one would be the only one *I* needed (I'm single). Not that this is terribly relevant, but the FR-S went quickly off my list when I learned there was no nav. The only way to make no-nav even more unacceptable would be automatic transmission. Congrats on your Coupe purchase--hope it makes you as happy as (you thought) the GP would have been. My guess is...it will :D I've been out of town more days (3 weeks) than I've been in town (about 7 days, broken up) since I took delivery on October 6. I miss the little bugger--about to hop on a plane and drive her home from BWI.

Old 11-02-2012 | 03:44 PM
zcast
3rd Gear
Picked up my 2012 JCW from Atlanta and drove it home to Las Vegas. Finally got out to shoot some photos up in the hills.

Old 11-02-2012 | 05:04 PM
reducati
3rd Gear
nice choice, and must have been a great ride back!!!

Old 11-16-2012 | 07:33 PM
JoanieB
5th Gear
Hubby's Coupe is awaiting transport, should be on a ship within the next week or two. Here is our roll call info:
# Name | Model | Colors | Stripes | Wheels | Major Options/Accessories
JoanieB /MC Coupe / LB/B / black Sport / 16" Six Star/ HK, auto, Chrome Line, Sirius

Pretty basic, as his primary function will be as a daily driver. His name is Jasper.

Quick Reply: R58 MINI Coupe Roll Call