R58 :: Coupé Talk (2012+) MINI Coupé (R58) discussion.

R58 Just Placed My Order

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011 | 08:56 PM
PatM
|
6th Gear
Just Placed My Order

Just ordered my new Coupe. Here are the specs what do you think?
2012 John Cooper Works Coupe
Chile Red body Color
Anthracite headliner. (STD)
Carbon Black color line
Dash/Door Ring in Chili Red
Door panel in Carbon Black
Leather Sport Wheel w/multifunction (STD)
Black Headlamp housings
Black Sport Stripes
White Turn Signals
Back Roof/Mirrors
Center Arm Rest
Leather: Lounge Championship Red
Sport Seats

Cold Weather Package
Premium Package

6 speed manual
Auto Dimming mirrors
Front fog lamps
rear fog lamps
Xenon headlights
17" challenge spoke black wheels

Harman/Karden Sound System
Bluetooth and USB/Ipod Adaptor

The car looks awesome on the configurator. I haven't seen one in person yet but I really don't care. I got to have one of these cars. I can't wait on the Roadster. But who knows maybe when it's out I may just have to get one of those as well. (My wife is going to kill me?)

I think it will be awesome.

Regards,

Pat

Old 08-15-2011 | 09:32 AM
oldsbear
6th Gear
Nice build! Congratulations

Old 08-15-2011 | 10:23 AM
artguy
2nd Gear
welcome to the club!

Old 08-15-2011 | 12:18 PM
richreef
3rd Gear
Great build! Congrats!

Old 08-18-2011 | 07:50 AM
PatM
|
6th Gear
It's in the System

Ok now it's official to me. The car has now changed to the color car I ordered in the Mini tracking system. It was black but now it is Chile Red. Ya baby. The long process starts but I'm feeling good now cause it's officially in.

Tick tock tick tock. Oh man!!

Old 08-18-2011 | 08:24 AM
Gentlefury
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by PatM
Just ordered my new Coupe. Here are the specs what do you think?
2012 John Cooper Works Coupe
Chile Red body Color
Anthracite headliner. (STD)
Carbon Black color line
Dash/Door Ring in Chili Red
Door panel in Carbon Black
Leather Sport Wheel w/multifunction (STD)
Black Headlamp housings
Black Sport Stripes
White Turn Signals
Back Roof/Mirrors
Center Arm Rest
Leather: Lounge Championship Red
Sport Seats

Cold Weather Package
Premium Package

6 speed manual
Auto Dimming mirrors
Front fog lamps
rear fog lamps
Xenon headlights
17" challenge spoke black wheels

Harman/Karden Sound System
Bluetooth and USB/Ipod Adaptor

The car looks awesome on the configurator. I haven't seen one in person yet but I really don't care. I got to have one of these cars. I can't wait on the Roadster. But who knows maybe when it's out I may just have to get one of those as well. (My wife is going to kill me?)

I think it will be awesome.

Regards,

Pat
Wow, that thing is gonna be a BEAST!!! I have seen one in person...it's beautiful! And believe it or not it has a HUGE boot! They basically ripped out the back seats and all that space is available as real trunkspace!

I was also reading that it has an electronic retractable tail...so when it hits 50 it moves into position and lowers at 37. That thing is gonna be awesome!

Old 08-18-2011 | 08:39 AM
PatM
|
6th Gear
Your right the spoiler goes up at 50 down below 50. You can also raise it manually. Can't clean underneath it at 50 MPH. LOL

The switch is the same switch as the one for the sunroof in the R56.

Here is a video of it in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbbEF...eature=related

Old 08-18-2011 | 09:48 AM
jamesday24
6th Gear
Very cool. Still waiting for a production number to track my JCW Coupe. I'm staying with Midnight Black.

Old 08-18-2011 | 10:43 AM
PatM
|
6th Gear
That will look nice. What color is the top?

I have to stay with Chile Red. My other car is Chile Red and red typically demands a higher price at resale time. I considered black as well but red just does something to me.

Old 08-18-2011 | 03:52 PM
Zyamfier
Coordinator :: Cooper Owners of Rural Nebraska (CORN)
I got my production #. For some reason my dealership had no allocations for JCW's so I have to wait till week 42 so I am told but have not seen anything in writing just what I was told. Waaaaw Waaw Waaaw. Things could change right?

Old 08-18-2011 | 03:57 PM
PatM
|
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Zyamfier
I got my production #. For some reason my dealership had no allocations for JCW's so I have to wait till week 42 so I am told but have not seen anything in writing just what I was told. Waaaaw Waaw Waaaw. Things could change right?
Typically a dealership will trade a slot with another dealership. It's kind of unusual that they won't do that. It's similar to a dealer trade for cars on the lot. Hummmmmm.

Old 08-18-2011 | 03:58 PM
PatM
|
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jamesday24
Very cool. Still waiting for a production number to track my JCW Coupe. I'm staying with Midnight Black.
Your car is going to look bitching man!!

Old 08-18-2011 | 04:22 PM
Zyamfier
Originally Posted by PatM
Typically a dealership will trade a slot with another dealership. It's kind of unusual that they won't do that. It's similar to a dealer trade for cars on the lot. Hummmmmm.
It is my understanding that they had to trade to even get the week 42 build. Oh well I still have a MINI to drive while I wait.

Old 08-18-2011 | 07:28 PM
jamesday24
6th Gear
Mine is Midnight Black with a Silver roof/mirror caps. But all the Coupes look cool and the JCW will be amazing.

Was the price of the Lounge Championship Red leather seats really $2000?

This is the same price as four seats in the hardtop and I keep expecting MINI to change the Configurator to show the price as half that for the Coupe with its two seats.

Last edited by jamesday24; 08-18-2011 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-18-2011 | 10:21 PM
PatM
|
6th Gear
Yes they were.
I choked when I saw the price. But I guess you'll pay if u want it.
Yes the reviews I've read regarding performance are pretty encouraging. I can't wait to drive it. I have several roads that I want cruise down. the car will turn heads for quite sometime.

Old 08-19-2011 | 12:30 PM
hipo_p51
1st Gear
Not to burst your bubble on your new mini-works, but is it really worth it. I mean its just a hardtop (more or less) costing more money and less cargo space. Also all these models they are offering just seems to take away from the mini's uniqueness.

Old 08-19-2011 | 12:38 PM
PatM
|
6th Gear
It is literally impossible for you to burst my bubble. You have no idea what you are saying.
Look at the car, do the research, see what it is then come back and we'll talk.

Old 08-19-2011 | 01:12 PM
TheGeekGuy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by hipo_p51
Not to burst your bubble on your new mini-works, but is it really worth it. I mean its just a hardtop (more or less) costing more money and less cargo space. Also all these models they are offering just seems to take away from the mini's uniqueness.
More boot space. Unique styling. More MINI than a Countryman (sorry Countryman owners). So no bubble to burst.

Old 08-19-2011 | 06:40 PM
Zyamfier
Originally Posted by hipo_p51
Agree that the Coupe may not be for everyone. However, I have said it before and now again.... I have owned a Cooper S for 6+ years in that time I can count on one hand how many times a person has been in the back seat.
Packing my hardtop for a trip has never been a problem. By myself the current boot is enough space for a bag or two and a cooler. If I have more to take than that it is usually a goodie bag that sits on the passenger footwell. Now with access to the back through the pass through that will not be necessary.
So to say that the Coupe has less cargo space does not apply If anything it has more space because those rear seats are no longer taking up the area that is now cargo space. In my case the Coupe will be more versatile for my purposes. I agree that the Coupe may not be for everyone....and that just means once again I will have a car that I will not see coming at me from the other direction for some time.
No bubbles bursted here I am going to be one happy guy come Oct/Nov when my coupe arrives.

Old 08-19-2011 | 08:04 PM
jamesday24
6th Gear
Zyamfier said it all above. Even here on NAM we're a small group so far.

Old 08-19-2011 | 08:17 PM
PatM
|
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jamesday24
Zyamfier said it all above. Even here on NAM we're a small group so far.
Yes gentlemen, it's the cult of Coupe. Welcome to the ride!!

Wait until they start hitting the showroom floor. It's hard to buy a car sight unseen for the most part. It takes a leap of faith.

I think once the masses get to see the car up close and personal that will change. But I hope not too much. Several articles I have read agrees that it will not be a mass seller but that is good from my perspective. It keeps the club smaller and it will truly be a cult car and we won't see another one on every corner.

Old 08-19-2011 | 08:35 PM
jamesday24
6th Gear
The Coupe Subculture™.

One of the things I like about my MINI is there isn't another one just like it (especially being a JCW Cooper). Even though I think Midnight Black (and Chili Red and White Silver) will be popular colors for the Coupe, I still don't expect to see another one exactly like mine. The MINI Hardtops are becoming more common but I think the Coupe will turn heads. I'm looking forward to the reactions at the car shows I go to, even though I know some people hate the look of the Coupe.

Old 08-30-2011 | 10:38 AM
PatM
|
6th Gear
Just got an email from my MA. He tells me that the Coupes were pushed to week 36 build. I believe that is the first week of September. So based on that it's still going to be a looooooonnnngggggggg time.

I'm hoping this is true. Anyone else have any intel to share?

I'm actively trying to sell my Mini now. If I can sell it myself I will be a little better off. At least I hope i can squeeze out a couple thousand more out of it. But it's on the spendy side so may be hard to do.

But I'm going to give it a shot anyway.

Regards,

Pat

Old 08-30-2011 | 10:50 AM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
Hi Pat,

I don't quite understand... AFAIK, general (customer) Coupe production was always slated to begin in week 36 (or 37). So what's been pushed? Or do you mean that you got lucky and your production slot has been bummped up to week 36 from a later week???

We're trying to sell our current 07 MCS as well now. I've got it listed in the marketplace. We're probably going to be taking a pretty good hit on it as well as we're only trying to get a decent trade-in value for it in hopes of selling it off quickly (i.e. we're selling it well below its estimated bluebook value). It's been a great car, and we'll be sad to see it go, but we need to sell it in order to make way for our new Coupe. If we can't sell it for whatever reason, one of my friends sells cars at auction and we'll just give it to him to sell there (at an even greater hit I'm sure).

Old 08-30-2011 | 10:58 AM
tcassa
2nd Gear
New Coupe S

My understanding is that week 36 is the first week of production for the Coupe. My production number is 3629xxx and when I called this morning, the build status is "Scheduled for production pack" but with no official production date. I assume that this status means they are gathering up all the parts in my order to begin building. So hopefully by the weekend it will have a VIN and actually start getting built. Hoping for a mid-October delivery date to Utah.

Quick Reply: R58 Just Placed My Order