R58 :: Coupé Talk (2012+) MINI Coupé (R58) discussion.

R58 It's here!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011 | 09:25 PM
chaswyck
5th Gear
Fantastic! That's a great $33 mod. Thanks for the info.

Old 10-31-2011 | 10:05 PM
TheGeekGuy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by chaswyck
Can I assume that it will also fit an R56? It looks great! Much better than some of the after market stubbies. Do you mind my asking how much they charged for it?
Yep. What clued me in was that a lot of the cars on the lot had a stubby... So I asked.

Old 10-31-2011 | 10:47 PM
PezRadar
|
5th Gear
I may never make the switch judging by some peoples issues with the stubby ones and HD Radio as well as radio reception in some areas.. :(

Old 10-31-2011 | 10:50 PM
PatM
6th Gear
Originally Posted by PezRadar
I may never make the switch judging by some peoples issues with the stubby ones and HD Radio as well as radio reception in some areas.. :(
Satellite radio solves that.

Old 10-31-2011 | 11:34 PM
chaswyck
5th Gear
Originally Posted by PatM
Satellite radio solves that.
@TheGeekGuy - This raises a good question. Does the stubby give good Sirius reception? That's all I listen to. If you go under an overpass, does it lose reception and if so, how long does it take to relocate the signal?

Old 11-01-2011 | 06:31 AM
TheGeekGuy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by chaswyck
@TheGeekGuy - This raises a good question. Does the stubby give good Sirius reception? That's all I listen to. If you go under an overpass, does it lose reception and if so, how long does it take to relocate the signal?
I haven't activated it yet. I tend to listen to CDs or my iPhone, not radio. I bought for aesthetics, not reception.

I'll activate today and let you know though.

Old 11-01-2011 | 06:39 AM
PezRadar
|
5th Gear
Satellite Radio uses a different antenna I'm fairly sure.. I think one built into the roof.

I'm not a fan of Satellite Radio. 1 year for free yay.. but I listen to music on my iPhone mainly and soon MOG via Mini Connected.

The thing though is sometimes I listen to talk radio or Stars local feeds. Satellite radio is random on which one they give you (sometimes you listen to the other teams announcers). HD Radio is pretty huge for me and since its a new feature in this car.. I'd rather not jank myself on a new free feature then one that I will eventually have to pay for that I will probably not use.

Old 11-01-2011 | 09:40 AM
PatM
6th Gear
The satellite ant is not from the standard antenna. I will get the stubby because I use sat mostly. When the free year is up I will beat them up for a great renew price. Same way I do with the cable company. They hate to lose subscribers and typically you can get get great renew prices.

Last edited by PatM; 11-01-2011 at 10:32 PM.
Old 11-01-2011 | 09:53 PM
PezRadar
|
5th Gear
So I have a buzzing/rattling noise in my car.

I don't know the technical term for the pillar but it is on the front windshield driver side pillar. It appears to be resonating from the Harmon Kardon speaker area where it sits on the pillar.

I know it isn't the speaker as I have turned the volume all the way down and when the car is idle it isn't making any noises. Yet when I accelerate or begin driving the car.. the buzzing/rattling is very apparent. In fact to fix it.. I have to hold my hand over the area and push down on the speaker and the buzzing stops.

What is the standard procedure to correct this? Do you guys just take the car into the dealership? Is this normal for a 'warranty' fix or am I being nit picky? I know the car has lots of plastics inside so there will be rattling sooner or later and I wasn't sure how I should proceed.

Old 11-01-2011 | 10:31 PM
PatM
6th Gear
Nope not at all. That should not be there and is a warranty issue. Your in a good place. It should be easy to fix. As long as the dealer can hear the rattle/buzz they will be able to fix it. My car does not have any rattle/buzzes/clicks etc. and yours should not either.

It's the noises that only happen when you are in the car that are a pain to fix. The dealer can't fix what he can't hear or duplicate. It is probably something pretty easy to repair.

I know you haven't had your car very long but If you can stand it you may want to wait a bit more and see if anything else out of the ordinary manifests itself and then have em all fixed. The downside to that is that if another noise develops then it's hard to differentiate the sounds.

Anyway, you are not being too picky. Get er fixed.

Pat

Old 11-02-2011 | 12:02 PM
PezRadar
|
5th Gear
Just scheduled service for Saturday at 2pm.

Hopefully they get this fixed quickly!

Old 11-02-2011 | 12:39 PM
PatM
6th Gear
Just scheduled service for Saturday at 2pm.

Hopefully they get this fixed quickly!
YOu must have a busy dealer. I don't take my car in on Saturdays to my dealer because all they have working is oil change jockeys. I prefer to do it during the week and they do as well.

Old 11-02-2011 | 01:41 PM
PezRadar
|
5th Gear
Originally Posted by PatM
YOu must have a busy dealer. I don't take my car in on Saturdays to my dealer because all they have working is oil change jockeys. I prefer to do it during the week and they do as well.
I chose Saturday because I don't want to be interrupted during my work day.

It is an option they offer on the site.

And yea this dealer is busy.. I think 6th largest volume MINI Dealer in the US. It is brand new this year as well

Old 11-02-2011 | 02:18 PM
PatM
6th Gear
I chose Saturday because I don't want to be interrupted during my work day.

It is an option they offer on the site.

And yea this dealer is busy.. I think 6th largest volume MINI Dealer in the US. It is brand new this year as well
Understood. They most likely have regular technicians at work on Saturday whereas my dealer does not thus no Saturdays for me. It's a real benefit for you to be able to utilize full service capabilities on a Saturday.

Old 12-25-2012 | 11:54 PM
MakoBimmer
4th Gear
More pics....less talk. :D

I want to see more of this color!