R58 :: Coupé Talk (2012+) MINI Coupé (R58) discussion.

R58 MotorTober - what are they telling you?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011 | 07:32 PM
F1racegirl
2nd Gear
Had a quick reply from the Sales Manager, he confirmed that the dealer is having problems with attendees receiving their certificates, but they will give me the $750 incentive without it. It's disappointing that my MA couldn't tell me that, instead of wasting my (and their) time with it.

Cross your fingers - I could be driving my new MINI this weekend!

Old 10-31-2011 | 07:40 PM
chaswyck
5th Gear
Originally Posted by F1racegirl
Still no certificate here and just runaround from my MA. He said that no one from their event has received a certificate yet. I tried calling 866-ASK-MINI and they were no help either.

My car, as far as I know based on my research, is en-route to St. Louis - however no ETA from my MA.

Next step is contacting the sales manager, then maybe a post on their Facebook page.

Any other suggestions? Thanks!
These guys are unbelievable. Do they think that no one they deal with has access to the internet where they can check out their BS? EVERYONE who was getting one got it within a day or two of the Motor-tober event they attended. I got mine the next day. If you haven't gotten it after a week or more, it's not coming. Could be something simple like someone incorrectly entered your email address off the card you filled out. (You did fill out a card there right?) You're going to have to work it out with your dealer. There's no reason for them to hold out on you with the $750 because that's coming from MINI and not out of their pockets. In fact, they want everyone to have the $750 because it makes it more likely that they'll sell a car and get a better deal (for them). If it's true that no one who attended that dealer's event has gotten their certificates, it may be that they didn't enter them right away.

Old 11-01-2011 | 08:20 AM
F1racegirl
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by chaswyck
These guys are unbelievable. Do they think that no one they deal with has access to the internet where they can check out their BS? EVERYONE who was getting one got it within a day or two of the Motor-tober event they attended. I got mine the next day. If you haven't gotten it after a week or more, it's not coming. Could be something simple like someone incorrectly entered your email address off the card you filled out. (You did fill out a card there right?) You're going to have to work it out with your dealer. There's no reason for them to hold out on you with the $750 because that's coming from MINI and not out of their pockets. In fact, they want everyone to have the $750 because it makes it more likely that they'll sell a car and get a better deal (for them). If it's true that no one who attended that dealer's event has gotten their certificates, it may be that they didn't enter them right away.
I even suggested to my MA that maybe they entered my info incorrectly, and his response was that others were waiting too. I did not personally fill out a card, I had to go to a "registration desk" and a representative there took down my information. Who knows what the true story is. I'm just happy that they are giving me the $750 and my car is on the way.

But, it's also taken up too much of my time following up on this. And it was ridiculous that I had to escalate the issue. Also sux that there is only one dealer in the area so I couldn't take my business elsewhere.

Old 11-02-2011 | 10:55 AM
gds194
4th Gear
Well..... it only took 6 days for me to receive my MINI Certificate- All that matters now is that I got it, the question will be next week, will they take it BACK?

Old 11-02-2011 | 03:58 PM
novelle
Neutral
Update on my last post. Well, I pulled the trigger and placed an order on an MCS. The dealer agreed to honor the MT certificate if my car arrives before Jan 3rd after previously saying that it only applies to cars on stock. (Thanks to you guys I was armed with info that contradicted what they were saying) I also got them down to $800 off MSRP. I know, it's not much considering some people are getting double that and more but in my area Minis are flying off the lot so I'm happy and I'm not the type that enjoys haggling. I probably could have gotten a few hundred more off if I played them more but it wasn't worth the stress and time was another consideration since I had to put in my order ASAP if I have any chance of making the Jan 3rd deadline. Oh, btw I still haven't gotten the certificate and I attended the event last Friday but not going to hassle about it for now.

Old 11-11-2011 | 05:50 PM
TerminalVelocity
5th Gear
Originally Posted by hoppes-no9
Gee, how many vehicles ordered after mid-October will be delivered before Jan 3 2012? Not many, I suspect.
If this is the case then I see this $750 off deal a HUGE scam on Mini's part! I'd like to think dealers would honor those cars ordered in the that timeframe. Especially when MA's are telling people not to worry, their Mini will be delivered in time.