R58 :: Coupé Talk (2012+) MINI Coupé (R58) discussion.

R58 New Coupe S on Order

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011 | 03:28 PM
giarmdok
|
2nd Gear
New Coupe S on Order

Hey all!

I'm eargely awaiting offically being a Coupe owner Yesterday I put down my deposit - just waiting for final word on when I can get into production. It might be in December - but it WILL come

I've been trying to add myself to the roll call but I seem to be wiating for moderator approval. But I did get myself on the spreadsheet.

Can't wait to get behind the wheel!

Last edited by giarmdok; 11-24-2011 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Deleting Picture
Old 10-28-2011 | 04:46 PM
BrewSwapGuy
Formerly PassatDoTd
2nd one of these in this color scheme I've seen that just joined. Love that color man. Congrats and welcome to the party!

Old 10-28-2011 | 05:36 PM
jdurdick
3rd Gear
Congrats on teh order

Old 10-28-2011 | 07:27 PM
gloomchen
3rd Gear
Indeed, great choice -- I normally hate orange cars in general but the Couple looks SO slick in SO.

Old 10-28-2011 | 07:38 PM
PatM
6th Gear
Great look. That car is going to rock!!

Old 10-29-2011 | 11:05 AM
wingding
2nd Gear
Waiting also

Place my order (Coupe S lightning blue and silver) on 10/22 OG still still in the awaiting production...This wait is agonizing. Congrats on the new ride..

Old 10-29-2011 | 12:03 PM
PezRadar
5th Gear
Congrats and welcome to the Spice Orange/Black Coupe club

I have a nearly identical Coupe! Mine just has 17" Black Star Bullet Wheels

Old 10-29-2011 | 08:10 PM
giarmdok
|
2nd Gear
I'll admit that once I saw your car car PezRadar it pushed me over the edge on the color choice

The roads here are horrible so I stuck with the 16" wheels and base suspension. I can always change them later.

Old 11-04-2011 | 06:05 AM
giarmdok
|
2nd Gear
Talked to my MA last night - sounds like my dealership is not getting all that many Coupe production slots.

Right now their nest guess is I'll get a slot in the first week of January. In and of itself that's not a bad deal. I was hoping to get a week 46 slot because the customer who was in it wasn't 100% sure they wanted a Coupe but he decided to go with it.

Seems a long time between slots but he assured me I was getting the next available Coupe slot. I'm guessing that doesn't include inventory slots though - I plan to call him back and see if I can't work something out.

They are going to honor my Motor-tober discount and are giving me an additional discount as well for waiting so long which is making my wife very happy

Old 11-04-2011 | 08:47 AM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
Wow! A January production slot with a West coast delivery. You've got a long wait ahead of you my friend. Congrats on your Coupe purchase though. You're gonna LOVE the car for sure!

BTW, have you looked into getting your Coupe from another dealership out-of-state? I know that many of the East coast dealerships have no problem selling MINIs to out-of-state customers and then having the car trucked over to them for a small fee. You may end up paying a bit more for your Coupe, but you could probably get one before Christmas by going that route instead.

Old 11-05-2011 | 09:08 AM
giarmdok
|
2nd Gear
The waiting will be the hard part - but a February-ish delivery isn't all bad. I'm sure I could work something out and get it here sooner but that might not make the wife too happy

Besides - last night she was saying how that means I can probably spend a little more on it since we will have more time to save Not a bad silver lining.....

Old 11-22-2011 | 06:11 AM
giarmdok
|
2nd Gear
So my wife (as an early x-mas present) has offered to take me up to the Mini dealership today to look at the Coupe's they have in stock and says I can spend more money than what we worked out for my order .....

They have a couple - one is an automatic and therefor not an option They have a Red JCW that is almost how I would build a JCW. They also have a loaded Laguna Green S which really only lacks the built-in Nav that I had built on mine. I need to see the color combination before I can say if I like it or not.

Not sure if I'll like what they have - may still end up waiting and changing my order a tad. Nothing they have is exactly how I would build it - but I figure it is worth the trip to see if I just fall in love with something.

Gotta love her though - she knows I'm not good at waiting

Old 11-22-2011 | 06:15 PM
wingding
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by giarmdok
So my wife (as an early x-mas present) has offered to take me up to the Mini dealership today to look at the Coupe's they have in stock and says I can spend more money than what we worked out for my order .....

They have a couple - one is an automatic and therefor not an option They have a Red JCW that is almost how I would build a JCW. They also have a loaded Laguna Green S which really only lacks the built-in Nav that I had built on mine. I need to see the color combination before I can say if I like it or not.

Not sure if I'll like what they have - may still end up waiting and changing my order a tad. Nothing they have is exactly how I would build it - but I figure it is worth the trip to see if I just fall in love with something.

Gotta love her though - she knows I'm not good at waiting
I have been waiting on my Coupe S since 10/22. I am understanding my car is in Q&A today. That being said i still have a few weeks to go maybe longer. The wait is hard and I am very impatient but it will be worth it for the following: I get the car as ordered. This is my first new car that I have gotten exactly what I want and how I wanted it. if I had the car to go play with....I wouldn't of had the time to read the forums...

Old 11-23-2011 | 07:08 AM
giarmdok
|
2nd Gear
So - after visiting the dealership last night I am the proud owner of a new 2012 Laguna Green Coupe S. Its a bit of a story but it boils down to my wife letting me spend a little more money on the car than we originally planned. I had wanted to look at the Laguna Green before but she tought it was ugly. When her and my daughter saw in in person (while sneaking up to the dealership to buy me some accessories for Christmas) they both fell in love with it and drug me up to look at it.

Well I fell in love with it too So we canceled my order which was probably not going to make it here till February. They kept the car over night to detail it and put a few other things on it that I wanted and today I get to pick her up.

These are pics my wife took when she saw it:

Last edited by giarmdok; 11-25-2011 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Fixed links
Old 11-23-2011 | 08:23 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Nice car man. It that the Mini Yours Soda leather interior? What does the JCW instrument panel include beside the carbon fiber looking panels? That's a grey roof? And my final question is.......how much was it? I think you'll be glad you skipped the NAV and went with Mini Connected. Having read these boards for 5 years that factory NAV just never quite made the bigtime accessory list.

Old 11-23-2011 | 08:54 AM
mdsbrain
OVERDRIVE
Congrats on the new Coupe. I did similar I couldn't wait to order and got lucky and found a car to have it shipped to me.

Old 11-23-2011 | 12:14 PM
gloomchen
3rd Gear
Yay Laguna Green! Good choice

It's looking like it may be Dec 1 before I see mine, so I'll just have to live vicariously through you for the moment.

Old 11-24-2011 | 08:08 AM
giarmdok
|
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
Nice car man. It that the Mini Yours Soda leather interior? What does the JCW instrument panel include beside the carbon fiber looking panels? That's a grey roof? And my final question is.......how much was it? I think you'll be glad you skipped the NAV and went with Mini Connected. Having read these boards for 5 years that factory NAV just never quite made the bigtime accessory list.

It is indeed the MIN Yours Soda Satallite Gray leather pack, it also has the matching steering wheel (a seperate option).

The instrument panel includes suede material above and below the color line as well as a leather topper on the dash. I tried to grab some pics this morning - they aren't great but hopefully they will help. I think the color line is actually the default one.

The roof is black.

MSRP with all the options and destination charges was $37,250 - so an expensive one. I had the Motortober discount and a sizable deposit.

Last edited by giarmdok; 11-25-2011 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Fixed links
Old 11-24-2011 | 08:14 AM
jamesday24
6th Gear
The steering wheel is especially nice, like it a lot.

Old 11-24-2011 | 11:11 AM
Johnwes12
2nd Gear
Congrats on the new Mini. Good job on finding on that you like. Especially if you are impatient. I ordered my Coupe S in September and I still don't have it. VDC should get it Dec 15th then to my dealership. At least my VDC is only a couple hours away. It's been quite a ride. But the wait has been grueling. Can't wait to take him home finally. It's my first brand new car, first order, and first Mini. Can't wait.

Last edited by Johnwes12; 11-24-2011 at 11:47 AM.