R59 :: Roadster Talk (2012+) MINI Roadster (R59) discussion

R59 Post your R59 Roadster pics here.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 07:09 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tall_dude
Well, it was quite an adventure (long story), but I FINALLY picked up my Chili Red '14 Roadster S on 10/30/13. This is after buying a '13 Roadster S off the lot, having it returned to the factory with paint issues, then driving 3 different loaner Roadsters (blue, black and gray) while waiting for a new 2014 to be built and delivered. To their credit, the dealer (Willis in Des Moines) did whatever it took to make things right. (Many thanks, guys.) I really confused my neighbors by driving a different color Roadster every couple of weeks!
Congrats...you finally picked the correct color!

Old 11-04-2013, 05:01 AM
Gil-galad
Coordinator :: Eastern Iowa MINIs
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Tall_dude
Well, it was quite an adventure (long story), but I FINALLY picked up my Chili Red '14 Roadster S on 10/30/13. This is after buying a '13 Roadster S off the lot, having it returned to the factory with paint issues, then driving 3 different loaner Roadsters (blue, black and gray) while waiting for a new 2014 to be built and delivered. To their credit, the dealer (Willis in Des Moines) did whatever it took to make things right. (Many thanks, guys.) I really confused my neighbors by driving a different color Roadster every couple of weeks!
Chili Red Iowa Roadsters rule.

Congrats on the new ride (and on your perseverance!). That was nice of Jason Willis and the gang at WAC/MoDM to keep you supplied with a steady stream of loaner Roadsters. I'm guessing it gave you the chance to experiment with different options prior to locking in your final build. Nice!

Old 11-04-2013, 06:01 AM
TG.
6th Gear
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
I feel completely out numbered and left alone . . .

But really, congrats!!! and I love the chilly red anyway

Old 11-04-2013, 11:28 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congratulations, Tall_Dude! I love the Chili Red color selection by all you bold MINI Roadster owners in the hinterlands. Me? Too boring, too conservative for such flair [sigh]. Thank God I love my Pepper White.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:20 PM
Lyfisin
1st Gear
Originally Posted by TG.
So... is that a light interior? I am totally biased on light interiors
Hi TG.

Yes it is and thank you for the compliment. The interior is called "Leather: Gravity Polar Beige". Here's a pic of my interior.

You know there are SO many great color combinations here both interior and exterior. We need an option that lets us change the color of the car at will like we can with the ambient lighting.

Lyf

Old 11-05-2013, 01:24 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Now that I've had my '14 Roadster S a few weeks, I'd like to comment on it's uniqueness. While enjoying espresso and a cigar at Starbucks on consecutive Friday nights (after-dinner weekly ritual), I noticed several cars slow down or completely stop to scope out my Roadster. This phenomena occurs in traffic every day on a regular basis and it never ceases to bring a smile to my face. Long live the MINI Roadster!

Old 11-06-2013, 11:15 AM
RodSpindler
2nd Gear
Added carbon fiber to the rear bumper and a strip of bra material to the lower lip of the boot lid. Protects from rubbing, and I like the added look along with the carbon fiber spoiler.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:19 PM
BlueToy
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Saw this beautiful wall on my way home tonight…couldn't resist

Name:  _DSC4590_zpsaae6e8c3.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  12.02 MB

-Steven

Old 11-06-2013, 07:53 PM
II Kings 9:20
3rd Gear
Love that background Steven! Another great pic.

I have not been taking many pictures lately but did get one this weekend at the AIA Modern Homes tour.

Name:  AIA_zps5e9286e3.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  211.2 KB

Old 11-06-2013, 08:03 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Trinity really looks great with those wheels. Interesting home in the background.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:16 PM
spiney
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueToy
-Steven
Great shot, I clicked over to Photobucket and zoomed in. I hadn't noticed the Union Jack scuttles before. I think I'll have to grab a set of those, the blue and chrome would work well on my car I think, and it's nice to have another nod to the old country in there too!
Originally Posted by II Kings 9:20
I have not been taking many pictures lately but did get one this weekend at the AIA Modern Homes tour.
I like this one as well. I'm a big fan of the this style of home too, and the pale driveway and pale house colour really sets your car off well.

Last edited by spiney; 11-07-2013 at 07:22 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-06-2013, 08:40 PM
Mr. T
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueToy

-Steven
This is the best shot so far, Steven.

Old 11-07-2013, 05:04 AM
BlueToy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by II Kings 9:20
Love that background Steven! Another great pic.

Nice shot Dave…interesting how at home your Roadster looks in front of the modern vernacular
Originally Posted by spiney
Great shot, I clicked over to Photobucket and zoomed in. I hadn't noticed the Union Jack scuttles before. I think I'l have to grab a set of those, the blue and chrome would work well on my car I think, and it's nice to have another nod to the old country in there too!
I like this one as well. I'm a big fan of the this style of home too, and the pale driveway and pale house colour really sets your car off well.
The Union Jacks scuttles would be perfect on your Roadster…with the blue, the effect will be subtle.
Originally Posted by Mr. T
This is the best shot so far, Steven.
Thanks Mr. T

-Steven

Old 11-07-2013, 05:18 AM
Gil-galad
David and Steven -- great pics. Thanks for sharing!

I love how the intelligent use of chrome accents on David's MINI adds interest and focal points to the car's design...especially in combination with the light being reflected off the dark body panels.

I've already used up all of the available accolades to describe BlueToy. Simply in a class of its own.

Old 11-07-2013, 03:47 PM
makaveliks
2nd Gear
They do look great!

@ BlueToy - Your roadster is beautiful! Second to only one in my opinion...

The Duell AG roadster. Just wish the kit was more affordable!

Old 11-07-2013, 05:00 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
I'm embarrassed to say I knew nothing of the Duell AG kits until the above post. So, I took a 15 minute tour on the internet. Wow - Duell AG has fashioned several gorgeous kit combinations for MINI. The JCW exterior package suits my needs perfectly well, but if I were a younger guy inclined to a little sporty flash, Duell AG would be on my radar screen.

Old 11-07-2013, 05:20 PM
makaveliks
2nd Gear
I agree, the JCW kit is nice and I would not replace it if I had one, but with only an "S" I'm looking for other options! Looks great in black, but with the white the black plastic really stands out...

Old 11-07-2013, 07:26 PM
Gil-galad
Originally Posted by tampadave
...The JCW exterior package suits my needs perfectly well, but if I were a younger guy inclined to a little sporty flash, Duell AG would be on my radar screen.
Most initially enthusiastic motorists end up hitting the "OFF" switch on their radar when they discover the cost of these Duell kits. Factor in that yen-to-dollar conversion, and...ouch!

Old 11-08-2013, 03:35 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Gil-galad
Most initially enthusiastic motorists end up hitting the "OFF" switch on their radar when they discover the cost of these Duell kits. Factor in that yen-to-dollar conversion, and...ouch!
I didn't price the various Duell AG kits, but I would certainly pass if the price didn't justify the expense. At $34,500, I'm exceptionally happy with my fairly loaded '14 Roadster S with the JCW exterior package. My God, I couldn't be happier with my Roadster. I still get excited every time I see it in the garage or motor about the DC area. I mean, look at this awesome hunk of British metal:

Old 11-08-2013, 03:41 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
I just hit the 260 mile mark on the gas provided by MINI and I have just under a half tank left. I'll fill up around Thanksgiving at this rate!

Old 11-08-2013, 04:13 PM
BlueToy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by tampadave
I didn't price the various Duell AG kits, but I would certainly pass if the price didn't justify the expense. At $34,500, I'm exceptionally happy with my fairly loaded '14 Roadster S with the JCW exterior package. My God, I couldn't be happier with my Roadster. I still get excited every time I see it in the garage or motor about the DC area. I mean, look at this awesome hunk of British metal:

I know what you mean…every time I see my R59 it makes me smile. Mini got the proportions perfect with the Roadster…hence it's attractiveness.

I am blown away by the level of execution Duell does. However, I do find the front end over done, and too heavy handed for me. Then there is the price…wow!

-Steven

Old 11-12-2013, 05:10 PM
chosmister
2nd Gear
Finally got tints (30%) and grille badge on my car. I will try to get some better shots when I have a chance.

As for the badge, the colors and chrome ring really compliment the trim on the car well. For the effort it took to secure the velcro, however, I would have just gone for a "screw" holder. All in all, love the look. As long as it stays put, I'm happy.

And seriously...I am friggin' OBSESSED with this car. Holy hot damn, I love it.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:16 PM
chosmister
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by makaveliks
Anyone else think the front end of these Duell AG Minis kind of look like those Chevron with Techron cars? Like a really badass version, but an uncanny resemblance nonetheless.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:36 PM
BlueToy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by chosmister
Finally got tints (30%) and grille badge on my car. I will try to get some better shots when I have a chance.

As for the badge, the colors and chrome ring really compliment the trim on the car well. For the effort it took to secure the velcro, however, I would have just gone for a "screw" holder. All in all, love the look. As long as it stays put, I'm happy.

And seriously...I am friggin' OBSESSED with this car. Holy hot damn, I love it.
The tints pull the look together nicely Your obsession is understood…there's no hope for you

-Steven

Old 11-13-2013, 04:58 AM
Gil-galad
Originally Posted by chosmister
Anyone else think the front end of these Duell AG Minis kind of look like those Chevron with Techron cars? Like a really badass version, but an uncanny resemblance nonetheless.
When I see a Duell front end in an all black finish, I can't get this image out of my head:

---

Quick Reply: R59 Post your R59 Roadster pics here.