1st Gen Countryman (R60) Talk (2010-2015) R60 Countryman Discussions

R60 Promises Promises

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012 | 01:47 PM
fused
|
2nd Gear
Promises Promises

Ya know, when I purchased this car I was told in front of some other people that were there with me, that they would pick up the car and deliver it, for FREE....for such things as inspection. So its that time, needs to be inspected.

I was told that the cost of stickers and all work were included.
Now they are 83.75..... Really?

NOW I find out they had a policy change...
$50 to pick up and yup, $50 to deliver....

AND 4.50 per gallon of gas used in the loaner....
Seeming the gas to get to and from my house...
OH and they have a way to tell EXACTLY how much gas that is...
I want this device..... I wonder if it reads differently if on a hill vs on the flat???

PLUS any tools that are required to pick up my car.... WHAT, Tools to pick up my car??? Is this for real? I haven't needed any tools to drive it....

And (cough cough) misc other charges which the nice mini lady doesn't quite remember off the top other head...

Oh lets not forget, I would have to be home between 8 and 10 to receive a confirmation call for pickup..and then, they my not pick it up til some other time of the day, but I won't know when... If I'm staying HOME all day for this service, I may as well drive it out there....

So I got to thinking... SCREW THIS!

IF I HAVE TO PAY ANYHOW!!! Its going to MY mechanic who has been taking care of my cars for 35 years...and YES, he has quite a few Mini customers.
He just did the oil change at 4k miles cause I didn't want to have crap floating around in my new car's motor...FROM Breakin!!!!

Sad thing for them, my wife was considering getting a mini and so was my bro in law...BUT they were watching to see how their service behaved... Very important to them....

I don't know, but thy just lost the sale of two new cars....
Yeah, I love my car...but if its not 100% covered under warranty, they won't be seeing much of me.....

Customer service.....can make or break every business.... Even mini....

How unfortunate....

Old 03-01-2012 | 02:05 PM
wandrur
Never have I once heard of free pickup/dropoff service from MINI, except in cases of damage or MINI roadside assistance.

Stickers? What stickers are you talking about?

On the loaner--that is the usual price you have to pay if you don't fill the tank to the original level when you return it. That's pretty standard with car rental and loaner services in my experience.

It is 100% covered under warranty--for warranty-covered issues. They're not a catering service.

Old 03-01-2012 | 02:17 PM
fused
|
2nd Gear
The pickup and delivery was a service that they offered to all of their customers.
I repeated and asked multiple times as I thought it unusual...they confirmed it and had the manager come over to again, confirm it... I thought it was unusual but hey, was a great selling point....

Oh well, what can ya do.... four people heard the same thing and thought that was a nice feature of buying from them... There's some complaining on their site...wasn't just me..... Matters not,if I buy another mini, it won't be through them.

Old 03-01-2012 | 02:22 PM
JAB 67
6th Gear
Dealer name?

Old 03-01-2012 | 02:31 PM
wandrur
I'd say hammer on them on a review. Because if they assured you of something that doesn't seem to be true, that really sucks.

This does make me think, though, of MINI USA's policy change regarding yearly oil changes. When I bought my first MINI, the policy was to change your oil every year or every 15,000 miles as part of the 3 year/36,000 mile free maintenance. They nixed the yearly requirement and jacked with a few people's plans--especially those who only drive their cars a few thousand miles a year.

But policy changes are policy changes. Best to get things in writing anymore.