1st Gen Countryman (R60) Talk (2010-2015) R60 Countryman Discussions

R60 Stubby Antenna

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 05:17 PM
gurneyeagle
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stubby Antenna

I ordered a bunch of parts from Outmotoring.com, including a carbon fiber stubby antenna.

http://www.outmotoring.com/carbon-fi...rn-on-top.html

For some reason, none of the available threaded inserts fit the base where the antenna screws in. It's supposed to be a black 5/8" piece, but while that fits the new antenna, it won't fit in the base.

There's a brass fitting with the proper two different thread sizes, but it's too long.

Outmotoring's customer service has been great working with me and hasn't given up yet, but I was wondering if anyone else has had the problem.

Old 10-08-2014, 06:39 PM
Drivehard
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
I ordered a bunch of parts from Outmotoring.com, including a carbon fiber stubby antenna. http://www.outmotoring.com/carbon-fi...rn-on-top.html For some reason, none of the available threaded inserts fit the base where the antenna screws in. It's supposed to be a black 5/8" piece, but while that fits the new antenna, it won't fit in the base. There's a brass fitting with the proper two different thread sizes, but it's too long. Outmotoring's customer service has been great working with me and hasn't given up yet, but I was wondering if anyone else has had the problem.
Ha. Just had the same issue with a craven speed stubby. Literally just yesterday. But it only came with 1 insert that was too big. But the antenna had a two step threaded hole and the upper step was the correct thread. So I had a bolt that was also the correct thread and cut it down to fit just perfect into the antenna and into the antenna base. Took me 5 minutes. And she's all good now.

Sent from my iPad using NAMotoring

Old 10-09-2014, 04:43 AM
gurneyeagle
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Drivehard
Ha. Just had the same issue with a craven speed stubby. Literally just yesterday. But it only came with 1 insert that was too big. But the antenna had a two step threaded hole and the upper step was the correct thread. So I had a bolt that was also the correct thread and cut it down to fit just perfect into the antenna and into the antenna base. Took me 5 minutes. And she's all good now.

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking about just cutting down the brass threaded two size piece included in the package that was too long. ECS seems to be on top of the problem as shown in the picture below. The threaded part I need is the one on the far right.

Old 10-09-2014, 01:27 PM
gurneyeagle
1st Gear
Outmotoring.com is sending me a different screw to try.

OUTSTANDING customer service!!!

Old 10-09-2014, 03:29 PM
Drivehard
4th Gear
Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
Outmotoring.com is sending me a different screw to try. OUTSTANDING customer service!!!
There you go. No biggie. Let us know how it goes.

Old 10-10-2014, 10:45 AM
CravenSpeed
Vendor
Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
Even though you found something that works Drivehard, I would be glad to send you any hardware you need.

Old 10-10-2014, 04:47 PM
Drivehard
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Kellen
Even though you found something that works Drivehard, I would be glad to send you any hardware you need.
Hey thanks. Really the antenna is great. Top notch got it when promised and all. Nothing against cravenspeed it could have been me that clicked the wrong body style. No matter

I have as they say .... An awesome set of tools. Had a stud cut it down and I'm fine.

Thank you very much for responding.

Ps. in the car biz. I know when a problem is a problem and when it's not. This was not a problem

Old 10-13-2014, 09:39 AM
CravenSpeed
Vendor
Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
Cool. Glad it worked out!